Install Arc
Options

Introducing the Admiralty System

Comments

• Options
    protogothprotogoth Member Posts: 2,369 Arc User
    gazurtoid wrote: »
    protogoth wrote: »

Poor Fed players who never got to visit the T'Ong Nebula and see their own people involved in aggressively infringing on Klingon territory, attacking Klingon and KDF-allied Romulan vessels without provocation, and even extorting tribute from native peoples in exchange for "protection."

Before the walls came down the Feds were only able to access that sector block if 1) They had been granted/gained trough doffing diplomatic immunity, or 2) had completed Surface Tension, threreby ending the war.

Given the litany of war crimes contained within the KDF doffing system the rest of the post is rather hypocritical.

On the contrary, the point of my post was to demonstrate that the Federation is not as pure as some people think. Blockading a planet is behavior which, depending on the way it's done, can easily pale next to things the Federation did in the T'Ong Nebula (and fwiw, I'm talking about the Exploration Cluster missions, not the DOff assignments, so even being able to get to the sector didn't allow a Fed player to experience what I'm talking about).

Tu Quoque remains a fallacy, because it is an attempt to shift attention back onto someone else instead of acknowledging the flaws one (or one's side) has. You are not wrong to note that the KDF DOff missions include ethically reprehensible behavior; you are wrong in thinking that this in any way excuses the Federation, or that I am pointing a finger without being aware of -- or acknowledging -- the flaws of the KDF.
  • Options
    gazurtoidgazurtoid Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    You assume I am arguing the Feds are whiter than white. I am not. Divide et Impera and all. Please don't put words into my mouth.
    yjkZSeM.gif
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    lucho80 wrote: »
    And here is the solution to the slow XP progression problem given the generous XP rewards shown and considering the crit rewards.

The other funny thing is that post:
    This includes all commissioned starships, and you will retain access to Admiralty Ships for starships that you dismiss from your active roster.

So it is possible for the devs to give us a system to access dismissed lockbox ships since they can clearly keep track of ships we've obtained.

I was wondering the same thing about Mirror ships I may possibly have dismissed.

Also, if it is a C-store ship I "have access to," does that mean those ships are available account-wide for all of my toons simultaneously, or only one character? (I understand that event and lock box ships, in contrast, are character-bound.)

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    gazurtoid wrote: »
    You assume I am arguing the Feds are whiter than white. I am not. Divide et Impera and all. Please don't put words into my mouth.

No, the post to which you replied was a reply to someone else (gerwalk0769). Your reply to me was a Tu Quoque. Perhaps you should re-read what they said and see what it was to which I replied.
  • Options
    gazurtoidgazurtoid Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    gulberat wrote: »
    lucho80 wrote: »
    And here is the solution to the slow XP progression problem given the generous XP rewards shown and considering the crit rewards.

The other funny thing is that post:
    This includes all commissioned starships, and you will retain access to Admiralty Ships for starships that you dismiss from your active roster.

So it is possible for the devs to give us a system to access dismissed lockbox ships since they can clearly keep track of ships we've obtained.

I was wondering the same thing about Mirror ships I may possibly have dismissed.

Also, if it is a C-store ship I "have access to," does that mean those ships are available account-wide for all of my toons simultaneously, or only one character? (I understand that event and lock box ships, in contrast, are character-bound.)
    As I understand it, as C-Store ships can be claimed on all characters of a particular affiliation on one account, the ship will be available on all compatible chars - you simply have to claim it on each one.
    yjkZSeM.gif
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    hypl wrote: »
    No Romulan campaign. Great way to launch this system. :p

Other than that, it looks pretty good. I've collected a lot of ships over the years and I'm looking forward to it in Season 11.

The way my Reman will be justifying that, by working the Fed chain, she is "Making Friends and Influencing People." ;) People who might be able to back important Federation policies that impact relief for the Reman people. And then some good old fashioned, direct calling in favors when desired.

She thinks allying with the Klingon Empire was a mistake and therefore seeks to actively counter Klingon influence as far as she can without violating a treaty or getting called on the carpet by her superiors. Since she is taking on these assignments voluntarily as a favor instead of under direct orders like a Starfleet captain, she's basically going to get influential people Fedside owing her favors.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    Will there be assignments that require certain a certain class of ship?

Specific Classes of ships will never be an assignment requirement. All you have to do for success is meet the given score requirements. How you do that, is up to you.
    Does the game remember ships that I dismissed years ago, levelling up?

Also: "establish trade blockade on un-allied planet"?
    The Federation is taking notes from another Federation in a galaxy far, far away.

I saw that and was disturbed by it, as the language, the use of blockade in particular, is especially strong and heavy handed without establishing that a state of war existed.

I could see a Federation blockade during hostilities. Otherwise an embargo would be established to say, uphold the Prime Directive, or prevent a genocide if one occurring, had been established, and a decision to act had been made, but not much else I can think of right now.

Alternative language to use:

Establish a wartime trade blockade.
    Establish trade protocols to uphold the Prime Directive.
    Establish a no-trade policy to prevent genocide on non-member planet.
    Enforce a no-trade policy (embargo) against an aggressive non-member planet.
    Enforce a no-trade policy (embargo) as part of the military initiative.
    Uphold diplomatic initiatives: Establish a trade embargo.
    Uphold diplomatic initiatives: Establish a trade embargo to prevent genocide.

Poor Fed players who never got to visit the T'Ong Nebula and see their own people involved in aggressively infringing on Klingon territory, attacking Klingon and KDF-allied Romulan vessels without provocation, and even extorting tribute from native peoples in exchange for "protection."

I don't know if you picked up on the clue but those were Terrans posing as Feds. The clue was that the DOffs from those assignment chains in those clusters were Terran DOffs.
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    Also: My big question is...

Do we have a cap on number of A-ships?

We're limited to something like 100 DOffs. (I did buy one upgrade, I think.) Bridge Officers have a limited number of slots. Ships have a limited number of slots.

What would excite me here is to hear that I'm not likely to run up against a slot limit.
  • Options
    Will there be assignments that require certain a certain class of ship?

Specific Classes of ships will never be an assignment requirement. All you have to do for success is meet the given score requirements. How you do that, is up to you.
    Does the game remember ships that I dismissed years ago, levelling up?

Also: "establish trade blockade on un-allied planet"?
    The Federation is taking notes from another Federation in a galaxy far, far away.

I saw that and was disturbed by it, as the language, the use of blockade in particular, is especially strong and heavy handed without establishing that a state of war existed.

I could see a Federation blockade during hostilities. Otherwise an embargo would be established to say, uphold the Prime Directive, or prevent a genocide if one occurring, had been established, and a decision to act had been made, but not much else I can think of right now.

Alternative language to use:

Establish a wartime trade blockade.
    Establish trade protocols to uphold the Prime Directive.
    Establish a no-trade policy to prevent genocide on non-member planet.
    Enforce a no-trade policy (embargo) against an aggressive non-member planet.
    Enforce a no-trade policy (embargo) as part of the military initiative.
    Uphold diplomatic initiatives: Establish a trade embargo.
    Uphold diplomatic initiatives: Establish a trade embargo to prevent genocide.

I don't know if you picked up on the clue but those were Terrans posing as Feds. The clue was that the DOffs from those assignment chains in those clusters were Terran DOffs.

The NPCs we encountered were in Prime Universe Starfleet uniforms, and flying Prime Universe Starfleet vessels. The "clue" to which you refer is subject to interpretation, and there is nothing, afaik, to suggest that the encounters we had inside the T'Ong Nebula (and, to a lesser extent, in the D'Kel Star Cluster, and even occasionally in the Azlesa Expanse and the Eridan Nebula) were with Terran Empire forces.
  • Options
    antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    hypl wrote: »
    No Romulan campaign. Great way to launch this system. :p

Other than that, it looks pretty good. I've collected a lot of ships over the years and I'm looking forward to it in Season 11.

I'm figuring more campaigns in the future - I'm willing to let a little in-universe time pass so all the missions aren't 'Track Rumors of Sela to x' :p
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • Options
    shadowmane20001shadowmane20001 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    Reaching Tier 10 in any Campaign will grant players a unique Epic-quality Admiralty Ship, thematically related to the Campaign in question.

Really? A free ship for that work?

Maybe you can include a grand reward when you get get all of them maxed out. Like a T6 Odyssey for the feds, with a Commander engineering/Command/Hybrid, a Universal LT Commander, A LT Sci/intel hybrid, and an Ensign universal/Pilot. With a Console lay out of 4, 4, 4.

A T6 Bortas for KDF, With an identical lay out

And a T6 Scimitar for the Romulans? with an identical layout.
  • Options
    szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,724 Arc User
    Reaching Tier 10 in any Campaign will grant players a unique Epic-quality Admiralty Ship, thematically related to the Campaign in question.

Maybe you can include a grand reward when you get get all of them maxed out. Like a T6 Odyssey for the feds, with a Commander engineering/Command/Hybrid, a Universal LT Commander, A LT Sci/intel hybrid, and an Ensign universal/Pilot. With a Console lay out of 4, 4, 4.

A T6 Bortas for KDF, With an identical lay out

And a T6 Scimitar for the Romulans? with an identical layout.

Not quite a 'free ship' in the way you're thinking.

• Options
    lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    One solution to the Shuttle issue is offering Squads of Shuttles as the Admiralty Ship, instead of an individual ship.
  • Options
    borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    Do we have a cap on number of A-ships?

We've not seen a reason to place a limit on the size of your Admiralty Ship roster.

(Well, technically, I think there is a limit. But it's probably some crazy number like 9,999. Good luck reaching that.)
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • Options
    webdeathwebdeath Member Posts: 1,570 Arc User
    So.. let's see.. Ship Doffing.. And it gives even more enforcement to killing Alt-a-holics... Pass.
    You think that your beta test was bad?
    Think about this:
    American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    hyefatherhyefather Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
    ynrocjd wrote: »
    T6 Gal-X (official) confirmed - 2nd picture ^^

I would bet that was the first thing ppl looked at. I didn't even read the post. I just set there drooling over the T6 gal. The post could have been about peanut butter and jelly, all I know is I see a Gal T6. Nuff said.

• Options
    alexhurlbutalexhurlbut Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    The mechanics seem sound enough, but I see a way to add a further wrinkle to them. There's a family of doff assignments that give you boff candidates; as it is you can just dismiss them or have them provide manuals. But, what if you could also assign these candidates to captain these admiralty ships? Of course, such officers would provide bonuses depending on their rarity and a couple of other factors, much like how doffs currently work.
    Well, there should be a leader whose expertise is crucial to the mission's success. So I'm in favor of having the player have an option to include a DOFF or BOFF (we have many yes?) as a mission leader/project head to further improve the ship assignment's chance of success/reward.

• Options
    mrspidey2mrspidey2 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited September 2015

A free Admiralty ship, not an actual ship that you can fly.

But seriously, Bort or whoever comes up with the assigments. Feds don't do these trade blockades. It's not exactly "starfleet-ish" behaviour. Besides, weren't we supposed to act like proper Starfleet Officers again, now that the war's over?

2bnb7apx.jpg
  • Options
    sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    in 1 word: boring. sorry but i have nothing to add, more buttons, more timers.

how is this supposed to be fun and interesting?
  • Options
    berahtberaht Member Posts: 79 Arc User

(Well, technically, I think there is a limit. But it's probably some crazy number like 9,999. Good luck reaching that.)

Challenge accepted! ;)

Can't wait for this Admiralty System!
    6e5OTnq.png
  • Options
    mayito2009mayito2009 Member Posts: 643 Arc User
    The first one to reach Ier 10 will donate 10 million Ecs to me because I am handsome
    Seek and ye shall find. Ask and ye shall receive. Rabboni
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" (Benjamin Franklin).

Most unexpectedly, this turned into a flame-fest! Closed it goes!. /sigh What flamefestery is this? pwlaughingtrendy
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    mrspidey2 wrote: »
    But seriously, Bort or whoever comes up with the assigments. Feds don't do these trade blockades. It's not exactly "starfleet-ish" behaviour. Besides, weren't we supposed to act like proper Starfleet Officers again, now that the war's over?

Rename it to something like Trade Embargo and detail that it's against "restricted good" like weapon or waste material.

• Options
    berahtberaht Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    mrspidey2 wrote: »

Maybe it's a result of sanctions because they're developing Thalaron weapons

ps any help with my blurry avatars would be appreciated. lol
    6e5OTnq.png
  • Options
    reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    Romulan's get forgotten, the perpetual fraction species, boo.

Having to reclaim and dismiss all my multitude of ships over 9 characters will be an exercise in boredom, but meh.
  • Options
    r5e4w3q2r5e4w3q2 Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    The Success Rate block looks a bit off to me, do you not have a standard for displaying success/crit now that it shows up in so many UIs?
    iirc, Crit normally goes above success, and is purple rather then yellow?

I do wonder how are the BoPs with their universal heavy setup are represented.​​
  • Options
    Well BoPs are mainly raiders. And we know from the TV shows that they love to use cruisers for anything, even a D7/Ktinga as a colony ship.
  • Options
    borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    r5e4w3q2 wrote: »
    iirc, Crit normally goes above success, and is purple rather then yellow?

It is different in this system specifically because it behaves differently.

In other systems, the chance for Crit detracts from chance of Success. That is not the case here - Crit is above-and-beyond Success, rather than being "instead of."
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • Options
    vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    If you ask me, this system is a good way to get people interested in collecting ships again. The monetary gain for them is that people who don't have every c-store ship will now want to buy those ships, people will be buying lock box keys in order to try and unlock those, and previous lock boxes that held a chance to obtain a mirror universe ship will now be worth much more. Plus, people will be buying as many ship slots as they can hold.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    webdeath wrote: »
    So.. let's see.. Ship Doffing.. And it gives even more enforcement to killing Alt-a-holics... Pass.
    Killing? account unlocks would give you an armada to work with at the release of the system....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg