test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

No, Plasma Explosions aren't OP... EDIT: Cryptic has now "fixed" them by breaking them further. Ugh

15678911»

Comments

• Options
    coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    it's time to close these threads. the line has been drawn. some folks want broken TRIBBLE in their game, some don't. This has been reported for four months, by a variety of players including a few dps guys. You were misinformed if you thought this was lasting forever. Remember the good times and move on, or quit. the QQ drama is silly. Lodge a complaint with the office boys. Fighting about it in here is a waste of time.

You realise you aren't obliged to continue reading the thread?

To play the Devil's Advocate for a moment, it's not really all that necessary to have more than one active thread on the matter either is it?​​
  • Options
    tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    coupaholic wrote: »
    it's time to close these threads. the line has been drawn. some folks want broken TRIBBLE in their game, some don't. This has been reported for four months, by a variety of players including a few dps guys. You were misinformed if you thought this was lasting forever. Remember the good times and move on, or quit. the QQ drama is silly. Lodge a complaint with the office boys. Fighting about it in here is a waste of time.

You realise you aren't obliged to continue reading the thread?

To play the Devil's Advocate for a moment, it's not really all that necessary to have more than one active thread on the matter either is it?

this is the 11 page thread that likely inspired the nerf. its obviously relevant and has traction. whether or not duplicate threads have been created since the nerf announcement isnt really an issue, but if people want to back-seat moderate, maybe those threads would be easier to justify the closing of.​​
  • Options
    paxdawnpaxdawn Member Posts: 767 Arc User
    Whereas PvP requires high level gear, skill, timing and a lot of patience if a single match

Which is the same thing you need in the hardest elite PvE not unless you are leeching or being carried in those hardest elites.

Absent of PvE skill, players will just be limited normal and advance, easy elites. because if there is no skill required, then everybody would be playing the hardest elites with no sweat. But not everyone can even complete the hardest elites. Even those hardest elites are being avoided by the certain dedicated PvPers like a plague.

That is why I dont compare PvP and PvE apple to apple. But two different requirements specialized to do their respective niche.
  • Options
    melineaaelemelineaaele Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    p4hajuju wrote: »
    Please no more PVE nerfs because someone got killed in PVP because of it.

Just make it so there's no plasma explosions against other players, it shouldn't be impossible to add that to the consoles. And treat all the new thingies that way in the future. Anything that adds damage or resistance wouldn't work in PVP. So they'd be happy over in PVP and us who play PVE would have firepower for the bfaw scenarios of the game.

Lousisya@MelineAaele Damage: 7.906.892 (57.296,32 /s)

Dual AP Banks FAW III : 2.566.458 (18.597.521 /s) - 32.59%
    Plasma Explosion : 1.919.336 (13.908.231 /s) - 24.27%
    Dual AP Banks : 1.368.579 (9.917.239 /s) - 17.30%
    Kemocite Explosion : 177.040 (1.282.899 /s) - 2.23%

(Left out the rest of the damage sources, just put my primary weapon (buffed + unbuffed) + Plasma + a similar proc

Say what you will.. 2 Embassy Consoles should not do nearly a quarter of my DPS, while Kemocite (a similar proc that I spent 2 BO slots on) do 2.23%

Its clearly not WAI

• Options
    praxi5praxi5 Member Posts: 1,562 Arc User

Kemocite Explosion : 177.040 (1.282.899 /s) - 2.23

(Left out the rest of the damage sources, just put my primary weapon + Plasma + a similar proc

Say what you will.. 2 Embassy Consoles should not do nearly a quarter of my DPS, while Kemocite (a similar proc that I spent 2 BO slots on) do 2.23%

Its clearly not WAI

Kemocite is actually a wonderful example - why are, in your logs, 2 consoles doing more damage than entire BOff ability?

Why are they doing almost as much as your weapons?
  • Options
    risingwolfshadowrisingwolfshadow Member Posts: 619 Arc User
    paxdawn wrote: »
    Whereas PvP requires high level gear, skill, timing and a lot of patience if a single match

Which is the same thing you need in the hardest elite PvE not unless you are leeching or being carried in those hardest elites.

Absent of PvE skill, players will just be limited normal and advance, easy elites. because if there is no skill required, then everybody would be playing the hardest elites with no sweat. But not everyone can even complete the hardest elites. Even those hardest elites are being avoided by the certain dedicated PvPers like a plague.

That is why I dont compare PvP and PvE apple to apple. But two different requirements specialized to do their respective niche.

I understand that but it doesn't come close mate. You can have all the DPS in the world and it won't decide who wins a battle in PvP whereas in PvE it will. You can get away with slotting no engineering consoles and DPSing everyone down with EPtS as a resistance buff with APB and a Regen doff in PvE. You can't in PvP.
    If difficulty was similar, we'd have more PvPers, but we don't.
  • Options
    tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    praxi5 wrote: »

Kemocite Explosion : 177.040 (1.282.899 /s) - 2.23

(Left out the rest of the damage sources, just put my primary weapon + Plasma + a similar proc

Its clearly not WAI

Kemocite is actually a wonderful example - why are, in your logs, 2 consoles doing more damage than entire BOff ability?

Why are they doing almost as much as your weapons?

thats due to how kemo is being used.
    here is my pre-nerf log, using 2 plasma consoles and a single kemo:

kemocite explosion: 10.2k dps
    plasma explosion: 9.8k dps
    disruptor array: 8.4k dps
    neutronic ts3: 7.9k dps
    various beams amounting to 15k dps
    ​​
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    Yep. This thread is closed.
This discussion has been closed.