Install Arc
Options

Come here if you have a Q

Comments

• Options
    iamviperswhipiamviperswhip Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    darkjeff wrote: »
    Well, first the TOS Connie is a C-Store ship. C-Store ships can be dismissed and reclaimed as many times as you want, and the Connie comes with Retrofit Phaser Beam Arrays - so you can keep reclaiming the Connie, and get full sets of those. They're Mk Infinity, which means they'll level with you up to the equivalent of Mk X (or XI?). At that point you can right-click and Upgrade them, and they'll automatically become Mk XII.

Second, FAW refers to Beams: Fire At Will. It's a bridge officer ability that affects all beam weapons (Beam Arrays and Dual Beam Banks) on the ship.

So basically they're saying they fill up a cruiser with Beam Arrays (cruisers have the most weapon slots) and then just Fire At Will to blow everything up. I tend to also do that when leveling new characters.

Just remember your Weapon Power should always be set at 100 unless you're playing with Science abilities, which are powered by Auxiliary Power.

Oh, thanks, I think of that ship as the TOS Enterprise, which is what it is in the store. Ya, I have that, okay cool. An early mission gives you a slightly better self leveling version of the same weapon so that's pretty great.
  • Options
    darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Oh, thanks, I think of that ship as the TOS Enterprise, which is what it is in the store. Ya, I have that, okay cool. An early mission gives you a slightly better self leveling version of the same weapon so that's pretty great.

The ones off the C-Store ship are the ones that self-level, the one from Everything Old is New actually are a set level, appropriate to whatever level you were at upon accepting the mission.

Anyway, having the ship means you're pretty much set for weapons all the way to 50. Just carry a full load of phasers, be sure to use Phaser boosting tactical consoles, and tap FAW whenever you want to do more damage or need to counter mines/heavy plasma torpedoes/etc.
  • Options
    tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    westmetals wrote: »
    No. You just have to actually use the comm device that was given out.

Cheers mate.
  • Options
    nathankomarannathankomaran Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    ryakidrys wrote: »
    I believe you can launch STO from the gameclient.exe file. Search it out and try that instead of using ARC, it might work.

Your suggestion wasn't really so much as helpful as it was vague. I could not find any file called gameclient.exe on my system. Also, here is the error message I get when trying to access the billing page from the browser I'm using (Firefox):

The connection was reset

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
    If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
    If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

And yes, I DID try clearing my cache, but still the damn problem persists! And any attempt of accessing the billing page from within the game itself or the launcher only results in a blank page. -_- This has been going on for more than a week now!! And as long as it continues to persist, I REFUSE to play STO for more than a few minutes at a time...I mean it!! If Arc/PWE can't even fix one stupid problem of theirs, then maybe they don't deserve my money at all. -_-
  • Options
    iamviperswhipiamviperswhip Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited June 2015

And yes... the mission reward Retro Phasers are NOT self-levelling; they are instead set to an appropriate level when you do the mission, as is the case with most mission rewards.

Note also that there are other "infinity" items and many of thm also can be autoconverted to Mk XII after level 50. The weapons from the TOS and DS9 bundles, the proton rifle from the Devidian missions, and some other mission reward items or reputation gear items are like this.

That phasor array I am speaking about does get the infinity symbol on it though, instead of a rank. I have now obtained it twice. The damage modifier when I look at it (when I get it, I don't know if it's on my ship now or not), says 3.2 dps, while the ones from Enterprise say 2.9. I honestly cant recall if they keep getting better or not. I will check when I hit 40 and need to move all my weapons over.

Thanks for the help, because I am a liftetime member and bought expensive packs on Steam, I have a variety of t6 ships waiting for me at 50, so it should be fun trying to figure all of that out. Right now I am off experience a foundry quest chain that I can't get the 4th part of because the "all foundry missions" button doesn't really list all the foundry missions, and it's not in the spotlight list.
  • Options
    ofmanynamesofmanynames Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Hello again, I have a problem.

After the last patch something strange happened to the beachwear on Risa. I suddenly found out that now I can change color only of the upper part of the Swimsuit String Bikini, and the lower one remains just grey. If I choose Beachwer separates instead of Beachwear set among the types of the clothes, I am no longer able to attach flowers. Thus stuck and very sad.

I'm sorry for bothering again, but still, am I the only one with this problem? Honestly, I don't think so. I wrote the same issue to the bug report because I intend to think it is a bug, but by now there was no reaction.

And I'm not sure if I'm authorized to ask it here, but is there a chance anybody knows what's the calm sad music is in the sector space and if it can be downloaded to listen out of the STO?
    True enough is my favourite kind of lie.
  • Options
    ryakidrysryakidrys Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Your suggestion wasn't really so much as helpful as it was vague. I could not find any file called gameclient.exe on my system. Also, here is the error message I get when trying to access the billing page from the browser I'm using (Firefox):

The connection was reset

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
    If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
    If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

And yes, I DID try clearing my cache, but still the damn problem persists! And any attempt of accessing the billing page from within the game itself or the launcher only results in a blank page. -_- This has been going on for more than a week now!! And as long as it continues to persist, I REFUSE to play STO for more than a few minutes at a time...I mean it!! If Arc/PWE can't even fix one stupid problem of theirs, then maybe they don't deserve my money at all. -_-

I understand the frustration. Depending on which package you initially installed STO from, and the OS you are using, will depend on where the game files are. Unfortunately, I don't know them all and can only suggest to start the game outside of any web browser, ARC, etc. I really can't be of more help since I can't root around your computer to find what may launch the game for you, you'll have to do that.
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I'm sorry for bothering again, but still, am I the only one with this problem? Honestly, I don't think so. I wrote the same issue to the bug report because I intend to think it is a bug, but by now there was no reaction.

And I'm not sure if I'm authorized to ask it here, but is there a chance anybody knows what's the calm sad music is in the sector space and if it can be downloaded to listen out of the STO?

Googled <Star Trek Online music> and got a whole page of stuff STO related. Included some tuneage I've seldom heard or not heard at all ingame.

Here is the link http://www.engadget.com/2013/01/29/jukebox-heroes-star-trek-onlines-soundtrack/
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Well, this thread is answered by whatever experienced players come along, it's not "official" and we're not "insiders", so here's no such thing as "authorization". But at the same time, not everything (especially technical things like this) gets answered.

I know that, so I was wondering if there were someone who had the same problem and found the solution.
    Googled <Star Trek Online music> and got a whole page of stuff STO related. Included some tuneage I've seldom heard or not heard at all ingame.

Here is the link http://www.engadget.com/2013/01/29/jukebox-heroes-star-trek-onlines-soundtrack/

I'm aware of this page but there isn't the music I'm looking for. I've first heard it near Traelus system in Ba'aja sector of Beta quadrant - if I'm not mistaken - but in fact it seems being kind of... wandering tune, so that's why I could describe it only like "the sad one".
  • Options
    whitearmor6whitearmor6 Member Posts: 9
    edited June 2015
    I've just started to play and I'm a mission to follow Flores
    but I lost her (she ran) and don't have a clue how to found her, please help..
  • Options
    lame22334lame22334 Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    i been gone awhile and i cant remember how weapon power works. Most if not all say -10(or whatever) weapon power when firing other weapons. Does this include torps? what bout back weapons? i have a cutting beam installed in back will that affect it as well?
  • Options
    I've just started to play and I'm a mission to follow Flores
    but I lost her (she ran) and don't have a clue how to found her, please help..

She runs along the railing on the bay side, and then along the front of the building with the big bay windows. She's probably in one of those two areas.

I didn't understood your locations, can you guid me base on the big map (WSNE)?

• Options
    puckalishpuckalish Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    lame22334 wrote: »
    i been gone awhile and i cant remember how weapon power works. Most if not all say -10(or whatever) weapon power when firing other weapons. Does this include torps? what bout back weapons? i have a cutting beam installed in back will that affect it as well?

IIRC, almost everything drains -10 (all beams, mid-range cannons), except turrets (-8) and dual heavy cannons (-12). This is regardless of location on your ship... Omnis drain -10 and Dual Beam Banks drain -10. The KCB (cutting beam) is, for all intents and purposes, a beam.

Torpedoes and mines, however, use no weapon power.
  • Options
    mainamaina Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited June 2015

I'm aware of this page but there isn't the music I'm looking for. I've first heard it near Traelus system in Ba'aja sector of Beta quadrant - if I'm not mistaken - but in fact it seems being kind of... wandering tune, so that's why I could describe it only like "the sad one".

If this isn't it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpBnxVCNHkE

, Try to search "STO OST" on google or you tube.
    gHF1ABR.jpg
  • Options
    maina wrote: »
    If this isn't it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpBnxVCNHkE

, Try to search "STO OST" on google or you tube.

This one is beautiful too, but not the one I was looking for. However, thank you for a hint, though I haven't found it there as well.
  • Options
    freakiumfreakium Member Posts: 426 Arc User

I didn't understood your locations, can you guid me base on the big map (WSNE)?

Due to lag, waiting too long, or whatever reasons, she may have walked all the way to the end. If this is the case, she is in the main Academy building (The biggest building in the map). Go to the entrance of the building and head straight. There will be a door at the far end of the room. Keep going and it should open up. She should be just on the other side.

If she isn't there, the last option is to check out this video and follow the same route looking for her. Good luck!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLtJ-pZoFys
    m12Pkoj.png
  • Options
    weird scenario: I tried to get in to the buildng but it was closed, then after a few minuts of walking around my character telepored (not the star trek style) to another location and she was there leading me, I think the mission restarted or something.. anyway now I'm ok, thanks for the help..
  • Options
    atlantis366atlantis366 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    I just got two officers in diffrent assignments, but i clicked not now as i was ding something and now i can't find them, anyone help?
  • Options
    If they were bridge officers, you probably have your bridge officer slots filled, so they are either in your inventory or you need to go to your stations tab, then click the show button at the bottom.
  • Options
    thanks that was fast, is there anyway of getting normal duty officers without zen?
  • Options
    Leveling and DOFFing are the cheap way to to get BOFFs and DOFFs. For DOFFs, look for officer exchange and prisoner exchange missions to send other duty officers on. A successful mission can provide a random officer. There are duty officers available as mission rewards as well, so there is incentive to run through the solo mission episodes.
    Leveling your DOFF categories provides you the opportunity to select a free DOFF officer from the store, though it's a very limited selection each time. You could buy them with dilithium too, but you should consider saving the dilithium for other things.
  • Options
    thanks I'll keep my dilithium as i've only just got the hang of mining atm lol It's nice to have someone to ask all the stupid questions as I get stuck on the silliest of things and it hangs me up for days
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    thanks that was fast, is there anyway of getting normal duty officers without zen?

The doffing system has several ways to give you more doffs built into it.
    1. At the academy there is a vendor (lt. Ferre of feds, some gorn dude for kdf, and I forget the romulan lady's name) who sells doffs for dilithium. They are expensive and I don't recommend this route.
    2. The current risa event and many others have duty officer rewards.
    3. The fleet holdings sell duty officers and the starbase itself has a way to convert fleet credits into boxes of duty officers you can use or trade/sell
    4. The academy has a selection of three racial recruitment missions, plus 5 team/cadre recruiting missions. Don't lightly do the general recruitment as it costs 1,000 dilithium and isn't usually a good value for a new player. The rnd mission has a chance to reward special rnd doffs for crafting and it absolutely is worth the 1,000 dil.
    5. A few story missions reward doffs (two in the nimbus arc, a set of three from cardassian arc and one in the current "time in a bottle" mission).
    6. Many doff missions also reward more doffs, see the list here:
    http://sto.gamepedia.com/Category:Assignments_rewarding_duty_officers
    7. As you gain experience in the different duty officer mission categories (diplomacy, exploration, trade, etc) each one gives you two green one blue and one purple free doff. A few also allow you to replicate holographic doffs up to purple quality.
  • Options
    mightybenihanamightybenihana Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Hi. I am new to the game. I am level 53 after a few weeks. I am new here so cannot post a new thread about this and cannot find one about it (although I am sure one must exist).

My problem is this, I have a BOFF with emergency power to shields 1. I have the training manuals for level 2 and 3 but I cannot for the life of me work out how to use them. Everything either does nothing or says that I cannot use that item.

Could someone please help me and walk me through what I need to do? From having read around google I believe that I have all the requirements to train a BOFF to EPtS3.

Thanks, any help is appreciated.
  • Options
    The BOFF needs to be promoted to LT to get EPTS2 and LCDR for EPTS3. Press the default key "U" to open the window. Click on the BOFF in the left column, then the SKILLS tab. If the training manuals are in your inventory, there should be a learn button available to train the BOFF with.