test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Come here if you have a Q

mynameisnommynameisnom Member Posts: 639 Arc User
edited June 2015 in The Academy
This will be an open question thread, as I have noticed a lot of people responding only to criticize a players time/skill level/knowledge instead of helping them answer their questions, so basically, you ask a question, and there's a 99.9% chance I will know the answer :) so ask away, I'll try to check. This thread as much as possible. All hands, ask away :D
[SIGPIC]http://s286.photobucket.com/user/parasite_12000/media/jub_zps9318ae82.jpg.html[/SIGPIC]
stoutes wrote: »
Those fish are much like their masters, filthy backstabbers... All battlecloaked fish, waiting for the right moment...
The boss being a gigantic Winter Epohh Researcher. As you lay waste to the Epohh Horde, she can occasionally cry out things like, "Didn't you want an Epohh friend?"
Post edited by mynameisnom on

Comments

• dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Is there a "misfire" when using 4-5 dual heavy cannons?
    If there is, is it recommended to use 3 dhcs, 2 cannons or 3 dhcs, 2dcs respectively, to avoid this from happening?

How many eptX abilities can be activated at once?
    Do you only need 2 damage control doffs to have 3 eptX activated all the time or is 3 the staple?

On a dead moving target, how much critd/crith do you get per 10% of acc?

Does the Mk xii of the borg ship equipment yield better heals then the Mk x it Mk XI versions? This is the engine/deflector/shield set bonuses I'm talking about, just to clarify

All I have for now
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • mynameisnommynameisnom Member Posts: 639 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    dahminus wrote: »
    Is there a "misfire" when using 4-5 dual heavy cannons?
    If there is, is it recommended to use 3 dhcs, 2 cannons or 3 dhcs, 2dcs respectively, to avoid this from happening?

How many eptX abilities can be activated at once?
    Do you only need 2 damage control doffs to have 3 eptX activated all the time or is 3 the staple?

On a dead moving target, how much critd/crith do you get per 10% of acc?

Does the Mk xii of the borg ship equipment yield better heals then the Mk x it Mk XI versions? This is the engine/deflector/shield set bonuses I'm talking about, just to clarify

All I have for now

Yes, there is an occasional misfire I have seen, but only on my rom toon, not my fed. I would recommend 2 dhc's and 3 dc's simply because you can cram more dps in, but still have a reasonable amount of surprise damage (e.g. Uncloaking on enemy/coming in at full impulse with all damage buffs engaged)

You can only have one ept_ used at any given 4-5 seconds, and that's If you use timer buffs such as photonics officer or other such cool-down reducing skills.

On a non-moving target, that depends on what weapon you are using. Can you please specify?

And yes, all equipment that is a higher grade (known as Marks, or MK__) will have a substantial upgrade in stats for every mark you go up. This also changes oped pending on the rarity of the equipment, but seeing as All reputation equipment is already very rare, there is no need to worry about that, unless you are buying from exchange, requisition or fleet requisition.
    [SIGPIC]http://s286.photobucket.com/user/parasite_12000/media/jub_zps9318ae82.jpg.html[/SIGPIC]
    Those fish are much like their masters, filthy backstabbers... All battlecloaked fish, waiting for the right moment...
    The boss being a gigantic Winter Epohh Researcher. As you lay waste to the Epohh Horde, she can occasionally cry out things like, "Didn't you want an Epohh friend?"
    edited September 2013
    1. Thanks, about the misfire info

2. I know you can have 2 eptX active at once...such as eptweapons and eptshields. Was curious if you could squeeze a third in there

3. The question is about acc spill over to critd/crith...acc on a dhc is the same acc on a beam array

4. Question was regarding the bonuses, not stats

Hope that clarifies

Looking forward to answers

edited September 2013
    You cannot squeeze in a third without a minimum of a 4 second lapse in between the first and second, and the third. I believe this is what you were looking for regarding reputation sets... : http://sto.gamepedia.com/Omega_Space_Set_Comparison and for a 10% accuracy, if you're nose to nose with a non-moving ship, with 10% accuracy cannons, like .1% of your hits will miss. So the critical chance would be the critical stats of your traits+critical stats of weapon(s) plus the additional Frits added by skills or reputation. Good luck lol
    edited September 2013
    Oh and please remind me of any other critical bonuses that you think I might have overlooked, besides critical hit and crit bonus. Take your pick lol
    edited September 2013
    Do my answers satisfy your questions?
    edited September 2013
    Not quite, yes to the third eptX

I was talking about the deflector/engine/shield 2 piece and 3 piece bonus heal proc bonus. Theres a rumor that that full mk xii gave better procs then the mk xi, Was just curious if you knew or not.

Acc has "spill over" into critd and crith when you surpass the targets defense, was curious as to what the spill over ratio was. Could it be .5 crith/2%critd for every 10% acc that isnt being used? Was very interested to know that one

• howiebabey82howiebabey82 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    i have all power level skills maxd all energy weapon skills maxd
  • possumlipspossumlips Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I can't seem to get alot info out of the briefing.What ships,weapons, shields etc. would be the best to use? Right now i'm using the Elachi S'Golth, with Elachi weapons and a Romulan captain. A Temporal Destroyer and Recluse with Antiproton weapons on two fed captains.I also have the Chimera,Monbosh,Orb,Galor,D'kora,Breen,Risian Corvette,Jem'Hadars and many ships from the c-store.
    I remember you need kinectic shielding for large shards and that photonic shockwave will break them up.Also you need to get at least 10 clicks away and call in your hangar fighters before the crystal lets loose its attack.Thats about all I remember.
    thanks for any help...jesse
  • howiebabey82howiebabey82 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    do the romulan and omega rep the romulan torps are in sane for damage im getting the jem dread shortly i mite try to get a turn rate of 20 out of it and make it a cannon cruiser ud be surprised how well a ship can turn wit a 20 turn rate lol cant comment on the elachi ship
  • siersilverwingsiersilverwing Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Thanks for creating this thread. Apparently I'm too new to create New Threads.

Apparently I was supposed to get more Duty Officers at level 18. I'm level 20 now, and I still only have the original 20 DOFFs I was awarded at 12. Any thoughts or suggestions on where to dig up my new ones? I was really looking forward to them.

Thanks!
  • triprintriprin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I have a question as well, How come when I open the menu for the pve queues it says I have to be lieutenant 5 of above to create or join, I'm lieutenant 6 but nothing shows up for me, is there something I'm missing here?
  • ijimithyijimithy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    A lot of PvE queues are locked out until you get a set level (example Normal STF's don't show up til Lvl 45/Elite 50 etc) so it could be that you don't qualify for any of the events *yet*but give it a few days and keep on leveling that problem will rectify itself. Also it might sound daft but when you open the PvE queue up make sure it isn't on the "Create" tab above as the game can be buggy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    No Drama, No Fuss, Just good old fashioned pew pew!
  • paulbg90paulbg90 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Hi all
    I would like to ask how can I cancel event from the EVENT menu? I am on 4% and I want to cancel it but there is not CANCEL button! :( PLEASE help!
  • rogersbk88rogersbk88 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Hi all, I am unable to fire in shooter mode. The key bind is the same as it is in RPG mode and i can fire then. Any ideas?
  • possumlipspossumlips Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    guess this thread went dead......
  • rottenronrottenron Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    :mad:
    This will be an open question thread, as I have noticed a lot of people responding only to criticize a players time/skill level/knowledge instead of helping them answer their questions, so basically, you ask a question, and there's a 99.9% chance I will know the answer :) so ask away, I'll try to check. This thread as much as possible. All hands, ask away :D

Ok Im a Newbe and cant get passed the fight ing vage
  • catrileycatriley Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Help please, the login menu pops up and asks me for a verification code, but I have to get an email which hasn't happened yet, how so I get it resent?
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    catriley wrote: »
    Help please, the login menu pops up and asks me for a verification code, but I have to get an email which hasn't happened yet, how so I get it resent?
    Check your spam filters to make sure the email hasn't gone there. The email can take a bit to come as well. Give it an hour or two and see what happens. If you don't get the email you can request another, but give it time to arrive.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    rogersbk88 wrote: »
    Hi all, I am unable to fire in shooter mode. The key bind is the same as it is in RPG mode and i can fire then. Any ideas?

Can you fire by clicking the icon or by pressing the default button?
    Spock.jpg

• catrileycatriley Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    How do I request another verification email please?
  • ijimithyijimithy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013

When you go to login on a new device it should send you a code request :)

*by new any device you haven't logged in and put a code for is considered new
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    No Drama, No Fuss, Just good old fashioned pew pew!
  • rogersbk88rogersbk88 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Can you fire by clicking the icon or by pressing the default button?

No and no
    But only as my starfleet character. My romulan one can fire fine
  • kintishokintisho Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Ok so heres a question, kind of: I need to know how to use keybinds.. the link Ive found ( http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=9355971&postcount=463 ) though Im sure is explicit to a coder I cant use.. just want to tie my "alpha strike" to my space bar with my weapons (all) any simplifications?
  • kintishokintisho Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Guess he couldnt answer mine.. for sad..
  • mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    kintisho wrote: »
    Ok so heres a question, kind of: I need to know how to use keybinds.. the link Ive found ( http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=9355971&postcount=463 ) though Im sure is explicit to a coder I cant use.. just want to tie my "alpha strike" to my space bar with my weapons (all) any simplifications?
    The bind files are actually just plain text documents (i.e. Notepad documents).

The Hilbert Guide has a link to a basic keybind file.
  • mirrorshatnermirrorshatner Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    (Since I can't create new threads yet)

I've made characters on both Federation and Klingon sides - it seems that Klingon marauding is a lot more rewarding than Federation diplomacy - or am I missing something?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    (Since I can't create new threads yet)

I've made characters on both Federation and Klingon sides - it seems that Klingon marauding is a lot more rewarding than Federation diplomacy - or am I missing something?
    You're not missing a thing. Marauding is way better than Diplomacy, except that the renegade officer earned from T4 Marauding can't have its appearance customized for some unknown reason, while the Diplomacy counterpart can.
    edited October 2013
    kintisho wrote: »
    Guess he couldnt answer mine.. for sad..

click esc for options, click the keybinds tab, and select the keys you want to use for abilities/weapons fire.
    edited October 2013

It should be on the same page you left when you sent the first one. If youclose that page, then go back to the homepage for STO and request it again under where you put youre username and password