test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

><><> New Fleet Armada System, WOW!!!!!

repetitiveepicrepetitiveepic Member Posts: 6,549 Arc User
So, the new fleet armada system. One alpha fleet will have three fleets swear fealty to it, and each of the beta fleets will have three fleets swear fealty to them. 13 fleets per armada, gamma tier get a big dil discount, alpha fleets get a big xp bonus, it sounds really cool!

And it looks like all the members of all the fleets can contribute to one another's projects.

Big question is going to be, who will be our twelve apostles?
free jkname.

#MOGA Make Orions Green Again

zsoRuFM.jpg
Post edited by repetitiveepic on

Comments

• Options
    drreverenddrreverend Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    Now the question is how this will work in terms of factions. Can a Federation and KDF fleet be in the same Armada? Because that'd be great.
  • Options
    kirimuffinkirimuffin Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    drreverend wrote: »
    Can a Federation and KDF fleet be in the same Armada? Because that'd be great.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. This would help KDF fleets so much.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    Especially those Allied Fleets put up for KDF alts of Fed main Fleet members.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    kirimuffinkirimuffin Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    It's the coolest! :D Like, from both sides of it -- as a member of a large fleet with a surplus of flarks and white doffs, and as someone who has alts in tiny fleets that struggle to progress -- this is the coolest new STO feature in a while.
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Wouldn't you know they would drop a bomb like this on us before they all leave for the holiday weekend? :)
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,043 Community Moderator
    Um... what?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    grayfoxjamesgrayfoxjames Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    Well this is a game changer. Our Fed side is fully done and completed, our KDF almost. Would love to help out smaller fleets and create a nice close community.

Question is can fleets then leave this armada willingingly? What if smaller fleets reach their Tier V and want to branch off on their own, how would that work...
    Fleet Admiral Thomas Winston James a.k.a. The Grayfox
    Fleet Leader of:
    Liberty Task Force/Liberty Honor Guard
    Pride of the Federation/Pride of the Empire
    Liberty Guardians
    U.S.S. Liberty, NX-42813-L, T-6 Legendary Odyssey Class

Game Handle: Grayfox@GrayfoxJames
    Armada (STOFA Member Fleet): https://www.libertytaskforce.com/stofa
    Discord: https://discord.gg/bGp9N7z
    Twitter: STOFA@LTFGrayfox
    Email: CSDynamix@Hotmail.com
  • Options
    I don't think using the word "inferior" is a good start.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    sle1989sle1989 Member Posts: 552 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Um... what?

Seriously, what is this and where was it announced?

y1arXbh.png

• Options
    borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited July 2015

The Armada System will not allow for cross-faction organizations when it launches.

We plan to spend some time later on exploring whether or not doing so would be technically feasible, and what repercussions it might entail.

For example, I know off-the-cuff that a FED player can't be invited to a KDF Starbase. So if we somehow overcame the technical hurdles that would allow these two Fleets to belong to the same Armada together, would it be fair to ask the FED Fleet to help donate to the KDF projects, if they can't reap some of the benefits?

We'll have to review it all in detail later on.

And here's the Link to the Announcement for those who missed it --> CLICK ME!
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    I assume you can buy from the larger fleet as well as contribute to any? If so that will be really great.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    edited July 2015

The Armada System will not allow for cross-faction organizations when it launches.

We plan to spend some time later on exploring whether or not doing so would be technically feasible, and what repercussions it might entail.

For example, I know off-the-cuff that a FED player can't be invited to a KDF Starbase. So if we somehow overcame the technical hurdles that would allow these two Fleets to belong to the same Armada together, would it be fair to ask the FED Fleet to help donate to the KDF projects, if they can't reap some of the benefits?

Thanks for confirming the Fed/KDF armada alignment! This sounds like it's going to be a lot of fun and add to a new level of community and comradery.

Well Liberty Task Force/Liberty Honor Guard will open its doors to smaller fleets. We have a lot of resources and we've given free Fleet Ships on all trading channels.

Contact us at:

www.libertytaskforce.com
    Info@LibertyTaskForce.com
    Fleet Leader of:
    Liberty Guardians

• Options
    hunteralpha84hunteralpha84 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    sle1989 wrote: »
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Um... what?

Seriously, what is this and where was it announced?

I saw it on Facebook. Seem to get a lot of news there these days lol.

A question I have is will fleets still control what projects they can slot? I'm a fleet leader and I don't want some bozo dictating what I can or can't focus on.
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    Not really sure how this will help smaller fleet's.

Unless I read it wrong, to get help you have to either join forces under another fleet, or combine 2 fleets into one.

I don't think this is the answer. the thought of joining under another fleet's banner kind of misses the point.

All the big fleet's (including the one I am in) already has more than one fleet. All this does is remove the need to swap in and out of those fleet's.

I have a personal fleet that I use for storage, but even though I would love to level it up, I don't think I would become part of another fleet just to do that..

Will wait for more details, but lowering the costs based on size would have been better, but I can see how that would be massively abused.
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    drreverenddrreverend Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    edited July 2015

Very often the KDF and Starfleet fleets are the same people from the same fleet. So it would be fair, because I still profit from my alt's fleet getting built up. Though overcoming the inability to bring KDFers to Starfleet starbases and vice versa would be the best solution there.
  • Options
    Sounds like each member fleet of the armada will maintain its own identity, leaders, members, Starbase, Embassy, Dilithium Mine, and all other items/possessions under its control.

Just that members of one fleet can donate to any of the others and the ones below get the Dil discounts for their projects. At least that's how I read it.
    Fleet Leader of:
    Liberty Guardians

• Options
    shazia9191 wrote: »
    We've already given the honor of the very first armada invite in the history of sto to a fleet called Fleet XTERN1TY. It's a fleet SFD has helped out a lot in the past, recently we donated to them 2m dil and 2m FC in other contributions as the "summer Aloha prize" for 2015.

This means only 2 places are left for joining our glorious armada, before each of the three Great Fleets who join us get to pick the remaining nine members for us to raise up.

Hehehe oh Druk, you don't actually think Xternity will join do you? :lol: I think Risa would probably freeze over first :tongue:

Let me know if they do though, that would be even bigger news than the Armada system
    Fleet Leader of:
    Liberty Guardians

• Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User

Well, why not leave that decision to the Fed Fleet? If they think it's fair, they can do it.

You don't have to forget that many fleets have also a KDF sibling, but that is usually underdeveloped compared to the Fed one. That would mean it would still end up being a benefit to the members of the fleet. And could overall be a big boon to people that want to try out the KDF.

Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    The bags of thirty silver pieces are just flying in this thread.
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • Options
    azurealli4nceazurealli4nce Member Posts: 80 Arc User

Glad to hear it.
    DPS-Bronze, DPS-Silver, DPS-Gold, etc. are FAKE! They were created by an outvoted minority who destroyed the original DPS channels!

Tactical Team sucked, once upon a time. I got it buffed. Don't think for a minute that Cryptic ignores forum feedback.
  • Options
    lsegnlsegn Member Posts: 594 Arc User
    What are the most powerful fleets? It's not like we have a leaderboard or anything... *hint hint borticus*
  • Options
    vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    I was talking to one of my fleet mates about this (we're a small fleet with many inactive members) and he has a few concerns about this system.
    • The larger fleet in this system would force the smaller fleets in the system to contribute to THEIR holding first and after it was completed, maybe think about contributing to the smaller fleets in return.
    • The smaller fleet's members will be forced to use the same builds that the larger fleet members use (basically, you play the game our way or you can go find another fleet).
    • Large fleets will be out mostly for the bonus skill points and will try and collect as many fleets as they can in order to achieve this, not paying any attention to smaller fleets other than being a source of bonus stuff for them.

I think these would be valid concerns to have, right?

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • Options
    vegeta brings up a good point. While this can be a benefit to smaller fleets, the possibility of some of the larger fleets basically "Taking over" the smaller fleets for their benefit or imposing "Rules" for maintaining membership in their Armada exists.

We still gotta consider Fleet Atomony, as there are hardcore fleets, RP fleets, and casual fleets out there. How would a hardcore fleet leading an Armada deal with an RP or casual fleet? I can see Casuals not imposing anything on other fleets in the Armada, but will that work both ways?