What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Summer Event Now Live!

Comments

• Options
    lokienthorlokienthor Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Any chance of extending the event in light of the fact that for some (see. tech support forum, zone chat) the resort map is an unplayable state? We've been through this sort of thing before with downtime and it would seem rather twisted not to extend the same accommodation here.

they extended the event to July 16th, according to the patch notes :)
  • Options
    freakiumfreakium Member Posts: 429 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Hehe, "turn it off and back on again." Number 1 in the rulebook of IT 101. Nice to know it still works.
    m12Pkoj.png
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Any chance of extending the event in light of the fact that for some (see. tech support forum, zone chat) the resort map is an unplayable state? We've been through this sort of thing before with downtime and it would seem rather twisted not to extend the same accommodation here.

why should there be? i sleep for 8 hours each day and i dont want compensation for that. besides i only lost 2 hours since it went active anyway, not like its a big deal, i mean anyone can be called away for 2 hours to do something outside the game.

i am one of the affected, but i dont want compensation for something so minor.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Nope, Trying to update the launcher then nada.

Trying to update the launcher. Please be patient.

Tried connecting 5 times.

Edit:

Unable to establish connection to Patch Server. Please check your internet connection. (Already done, posting on the forum from it.)

Update:

Connected, patching faster.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Well it just crapped on me and stopped. Now I can't even get a connection to the server tried connecting 4 times and then nothing :confused:
  • Options
    shevetshevet Member Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    shevet wrote: »
    Certainly seems to have made a difference. Thank you for that!

(Patch currently at 32%. Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell only at 25%. Patch is likely to win at this rate.)

... and stopping to post that comment apparently brought down my connection to the patch server. Oh boy.
    8b6YIel.png?1
  • Options
    iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Alright. So I pushed in a fix on this one.

Anyone who closes the launcher and restarts patching will have the issue fixed.

Note that patching will APPEAR to start over, but it really is continuing from where it left off.

Been restarting the launcher every 20 minutes or so since it seemed to just stop downloading. Just closed it again after reading this and restarted it.

Now it's stuck at connecting. Been sitting there trying for 5 minutes or so. This isn't the solution I was looking for. :(

Edit:

Just checked on the server status and it seems that the patch server is down. Oh boy...
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • Options
    kytho74656kytho74656 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Launcher stopped, went to nothing...tried restarting, now will not establish a connection. I think it went offline.

Edit - came back...let's see.....
  • Options
    kazabokkazabok Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    It's kinda running better now, it keeps stopping and starting, but getting there.
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    tasshena wrote: »
    Trying to update the launcher. Please be patient.

Tried connecting 5 times.

Edit:

Unable to establish connection to Patch Server. Please check your internet connection. (Already done, posting on the forum from it.)

Same here, was at 27% after 3 hours or so....

(lokal internet check gives ping-tests at 12,3 Mbit/sec)
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    it reset for me as well but 800 mbs of patched files has been taken care of, thats over 1.5gb of files patched of 3.8gb.

getting there, slowly but surely.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    karr007karr007 Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    lokienthor wrote: »
    Well it just crapped on me and stopped. Now I can't even get a connection to the server tried connecting 4 times and then nothing :confused:
    +1 I can't connect either
  • Options
    captainmal3captainmal3 Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I also had issues where the launcher wasn't connecting properly. I left it for a while and it eventually went through, and the actual patching is going well. It was just getting it to start patching that took forever. I'm thinking I won't bother trying to play at all until tomorrow morning when there are less people on.
  • Options
    tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Update: I'm in!
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    We're looking into some people having a lost connection to the Patch Server. We'll update you as soon as we have more information.
  • Options
    talyn829talyn829 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I can't get a connection to the server either, it just keeps saying connecting.. :(
  • Options
    thestingyonethestingyone Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    3+ hours in and it suddenly stopped at 23% WTF?!?! now nothing is happening.. except maybe a ban due to excessive cursing nad profanity
  • Options
    captaindjm15captaindjm15 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    the maps unusable as when i tried to do rep by using the favor given to me it crashed the game the map needs fixing
  • Options
    captinjacksparowcaptinjacksparow Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Here's an idea.... or, moreover, a question..... Why should two totally different games be sharing any degree of bandwidth?

Agreed.

On the flip side, thank you Trendy for keeping us in the loop. :)
  • Options
    bones1970bones1970 Member Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Great was at 70% finally, then connection lost and now i can't even connect to server !!
  • Options
    captainhook2000captainhook2000 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    At least you guys are patching.
    I lost contact and can't reach server again.
    Wonderfull A new event and AGAIN THE SAME BORING PROBLEMS !!
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Launcher is up stuck on "Connecting......"
  • Options
    sleel43sleel43 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Can't use the swimwear data from last year's save? And this separate swimwear category doesn't even let you equip the friggin flower accents? W T actual F?! You are still selling the same stuff from last year, so why the lolwut can't I use the costume save from last year. Or equip the frigging flowers you are still selling THIS year? Da hell? \o/
  • Options
    captainmal3captainmal3 Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    We're looking into some people having a lost connection to the Patch Server. We'll update you as soon as we have more information.

It's really intermittent for me. Sometimes I can get the launcher to work, sometimes I can't. Even when it does work it's oddly slow though.
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    This is a new one. I've had issues logging in on a day like this, but rarely, but I've ALWAYS been able to get the patch at least.

In the end it's my own damn fault, I should've patched Tribble days ago when this first hit and gotten it knocked out.

Still unusual that I patched the launcher, got in, it was going slow, dropped and now I can't get back to the patching because the launcher says it needs to update. Very strange.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I was stuck on connecting too. After restarting the launcher 4 times I've finally got it to patching.

Let's see how far it goes this time before losing connection/timing out.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    So... Risian hospitality involves large patches, update delays, server problems, slow patching and nerd rage?

Maybe we should move the Summer Event to Bynar - I hear they've got a great planetary computer system...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    darrenh666darrenh666 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Launcher stuck updating for me too. Why does everything new that should be exciting, a draw to the game and a pleasure to use end up being tarred with problems. Almost every single event launch has had problems with it, it gets tiring after a while, especially when money has been exchanged for the pleasure.
  • Options
    shevetshevet Member Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The fun thing is, of course, we can all look forward to doing the same thing again after the emergency maintenance downtime tomorrow.
    8b6YIel.png?1