test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Summer Event Now Live!

123457»

Comments

• royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    So, just to make sure I'm understanding correctly. Assuming one wants to get the Nandi on all your alts, you only need to do the daily floater mission on *one* character. Then when you have your 400 Whatsits, you turn them in and get the ship, then you can immediately claim it on all your alts. No having to do one mission on all the alts to get the 40 Whatsits.

To look at it another way, there is no reason to do the floater mission on your alts anymore? Unless you want to have Whatsits in case they do a buyback like they're doing with the Pearls?
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    So, just to make sure I'm understanding correctly. Assuming one wants to get the Nandi on all your alts, you only need to do the daily floater mission on *one* character. Then when you have your 400 Whatsits, you turn them in and get the ship, then you can immediately claim it on all your alts. No having to do one mission on all the alts to get the 40 Whatsits.

To look at it another way, there is no reason to do the floater mission on your alts anymore? Unless you want to have Whatsits in case they do a buyback like they're doing with the Pearls?

I would not expect a buyback for the whatsits. So, yes, you just do it on one character. and it's 1000 whatsits required or 25 days.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• valenn1valenn1 Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I wonder.. why is there a weapon display with Kar'takin's at the new "archaeological" site?
    (NW of the volcano)
    Beta, LTA, CE, Multiple preorder Versions, all Addon Packs except AoY, nearly all KDF/Rom and ~50% of all Fedships, over 25 LockboxShips, Endurer of Atari's "Year of Hell", but...
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
  • damnsparkdamnspark Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    can't trade in the birds and monkeys for Iconian marks, list is only updated to delta marks, same as delta toons rewards.
  • apacheone5565apacheone5565 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Welcome to Risa as you embark on your quest for pearls and credits bear in mind that we do not have enough servers to supply the public so you will start off smoothly and then as the server gets loaded down lag times wil increase making your quest harder and harder.Have a nice day.
  • swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Yeah I noticed that too. However I also saw a female player character wearing board shorts on Risa yesterday. There are also female board shorts on the exchange. So I'm curious if the board shorts which are in with the female swimsuits are actually female but the store lists them as male. Haven't dared to test that theory yet, but if I do then I'll post back and let you know.

My female Caitian's wearing board shorts right now. Also, female swimwear's separates, so you can mix and match tops and bottoms. (Woo hoo!)
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2015
    swamarian wrote: »
    My female Caitian's wearing board shorts right now. Also, female swimwear's separates, so you can mix and match tops and bottoms. (Woo hoo!)

Yeah, so does that mean that one of the sets marked as male is actually female?
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
    edited June 2015
    damnspark wrote: »
    can't trade in the birds and monkeys for Iconian marks, list is only updated to delta marks, same as delta toons rewards.

Anyone know if this is a bug, or working as intended? (I've got plenty of Iconean glowy spheres. It's marks that I'm short on.)
    edited June 2015
    Yeah, so does that mean that one of the sets marked as male is actually female?

The ones marked in the vender as female are definitely female. (I have no idea if the box he gives you says male, but the vender definitely says that he's selling female shorts. I've got it up on another screen as I type this.)
    edited June 2015
    swamarian wrote: »
    The ones marked in the vender as female are definitely female. (I have no idea if the box he gives you says male, but the vender definitely says that he's selling female shorts. I've got it up on another screen as I type this.)

I didn't realise there was a clothing vendor. Where is he?

We've been talking about the event store (the one you access via the Reputation tab) which has two listings of male board shorts for each variant, but doesn't list female.

Edit: Here's a screenshot.
    http://imgur.com/qV1wsSK
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I didn't realise there was a clothing vendor. Where is he?

On the boardwalk near the tailor. Its just the clothing related subsection of the summer event reputation store.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • crypticrockcrypticrock Member Posts: 120 Cryptic Developer
    edited June 2015
    The Event Store showing two separate sets of Male board shorts is a bug. The clothing vendor can be used to buy the female board shorts until the fix makes its way to all of you.

Clothing vendor is located on the promenade, on a little outcrop between where you transport down and the Event Coordinator. There's a tailor across from him, with a couple mannequins between them.
  • oldkhemaraaoldkhemaraa Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    *sighs over yet another DQ in the board race*

I'm getting a hellacious amount of lag during the power board races.. constant rubber banding...I've "cerrected" my course a couple time where the lag rubber banded me and then disqualified me from the race.

It;s rather frustrating.

I guess what ever lag fixes you guys dropped in did zip about lag on Risa.

Please please PLEASE disable all combat powers and abilities on Risa... I'm seeing player purposely popping powers at the start of the power board base. I realize what several are trying to do is cause lag.. other are doing it because they see someone doing it, so they do it to be cute.

It's rude.. Fix it if you can please?
    "I aim to misbehave" - Malcolm Reynolds
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    why are we getting only 40 of the new favors for the ship instead of 400? just wondering
    edited June 2015
    On the boardwalk near the tailor. Its just the clothing related subsection of the summer event reputation store.
    The Event Store showing two separate sets of Male board shorts is a bug. The clothing vendor can be used to buy the female board shorts until the fix makes its way to all of you.

Clothing vendor is located on the promenade, on a little outcrop between where you transport down and the Event Coordinator. There's a tailor across from him, with a couple mannequins between them.

Thanks guys! Now that you've said where he is, I'm pretty sure I spoke to him the first year then just stopped using him as it was easier to buy things through the event store. Can't believe I forgot about him haha.
    shadowkosh wrote: »
    why are we getting only 40 of the new favors for the ship instead of 400? just wondering

We always get 40 a day for events. The anniversary event usually includes a mission which rewards 400 toward the 1000 required on your first play through, but that has never been the case for winter or summer event ships.
  • archanubisarchanubis Member Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    My Gorn has been enjoying the summer event this year, especially with his new threads. Props to Captain_Zero for taking the picture:
    http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c320/Thunderscream/Star%20Trek%20Online/Characters/screenshot_2015-06-05-21-35-01_zpsj1rq5lsd.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • richardewirichardewi Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    We always get 40 a day for events. The anniversary event usually includes a mission which rewards 400 toward the 1000 required on your first play through, but that has never been the case for winter or summer event ships.

Au contraire, mon frere (at least, I hope that you're male. lol) Last year, on the first time each of my toons completed the Flying High event, they were rewarded with 400 favors. Subsequently, for each run they received 40 favors. But the first time they all got 400. This would've been nice for this year as well. :cool:
  • astralskyastralsky Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    um.. based on last 2 summer events, why the obtainable ship aint risan submarine (sciboat) but just another brick ? :(
  • gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    shadowkosh wrote: »

This isn't the Anniversary event, this is the holiday event. You get an entire month + 2 weeks to do this while the Anniversary event cuts out 10 days so you only have 15 days as you only have barely a month to do that.
  • gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    richardewi wrote: »
    Au contraire, mon frere (at least, I hope that you're male. lol) Last year, on the first time each of my toons completed the Flying High event, they were rewarded with 400 favors. Subsequently, for each run they received 40 favors. But the first time they all got 400. This would've been nice for this year as well. :cool:

Au contraire, mes ami. It's always been 40. You're getting the anniversary mixed up with this.
  • battykoda0battykoda0 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    This should probably go in the patchnotes thread but it is event related...

Thank you for the season event unlocks on the ships. I was able to get my KDF Delta sci into the Breen carrier before Christmas. :D
    Wow. There is a new KDF Science ship. I'll be!
    edited June 2015
    richardewi wrote: »
    Au contraire, mes ami. It's always been 40. You're getting the anniversary mixed up with this.

What he said. :P

And yes, I'm male haha.

If we'd gotten 400 pearls last year for the first run through, I would have had pearls left over this year to use in the trade-in store as each of my toons had to run it twice last year to pick up the corvette and cruiser with the old alt discount system.
  • kajofolfkajofolf Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    So when will we get an official answer to the framedrop problem that has been reported about a month ago that now prevents several players from decently playing this event?

Are all reports ignored on purpose?
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    battykoda0 wrote: »
    This should probably go in the patchnotes thread but it is event related...

Thank you for the season event unlocks on the ships. I was able to get my KDF Delta sci into the Breen carrier before Christmas. :D

You mean event ships being account wide unlocks and can be claimed in the event reputation store?

June 4, 2015 patch notes http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=24152681#post24152681
    Systems:
    Added a store tab to the Event Reputation Store called "Account Reward Claim".

Here players will be able to claim event reputation project starship rewards earned on any character.
    For example, if a player has earned the Risian Corvette on one character, all characters on the account can claim the Risian Corvette for free from this new store.
    Also, any character on an account which has earned one of these ships can reclaim the ship for free if it has been discharged.

:)
  • trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    kajofolf wrote: »
    So when will we get an official answer to the framedrop problem that has been reported about a month ago that now prevents several players from decently playing this event?

Are all reports ignored on purpose?

Unless enough wallet votes get their attention they will just sweep it under the rug. So that they can just work on the next batch of lockbox/lobi of broken content.
  • darkalinadarkalina Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    well ive found 6 eggs, took one to the bird person.. followed prompts and i must have done something wrong cuz now when i go there it does nothing nor does it tell me whats next or how to start over. im confused its been 3 days and i thought the birds took 24 hrs to hatch. i must have goofed but i have no idea how to correct whatever i did wrong. I sent in a ticket and the only reply is we are busy and will help when we can... help??
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    darkalina wrote: »
    well ive found 6 eggs, took one to the bird person.. followed prompts and i must have done something wrong cuz now when i go there it does nothing nor does it tell me whats next or how to start over. im confused its been 3 days and i thought the birds took 24 hrs to hatch. i must have goofed but i have no idea how to correct whatever i did wrong. I sent in a ticket and the only reply is we are busy and will help when we can... help??

If you completed the doff mission to hatch the egg you will have a bird in your inventory. See what kind it is then go back to the bird lady and raise that type of bird - fledgeling.

Maybe you cancelled the doff assignment by mistake to hatch the egg?

When you talk to the bird lady can you hatch another egg or is it grayed out?
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Can you please, PLEASE!!! retire this stupid concept of capturing the flag at the end of the race. Slightest lag and you overshot the flag or someone else takes it in front of you and you miss the next one. Why is it so hard to make a finish line?

This I agree on
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dominic23squibbdominic23squibb Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Just to say thank you Devs for making a great summer festival on Risa. Best yet! I love the synchronised events between the various instances and how you can now see what's coming up.
    The graphics are excellent and the new content fab.

I also want to say how helpful the technical support is as I have had a few issues but allw ere resolved in minutes.

Looking forward to some more exploration themed content as that would truly reflect the heart of Star Trek.
    Thanks again