What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Summer Event Now Live!

Comments

• Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Don't be so hasty... the Emergency Maintenance Downtime could very well be tonight about nine Eastern, six Pacific (Cryptic) right in the middle of the heaviest playing time...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    gia42gia42 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Finally patch is finished. Let's see if I actually can get ingame...
  • Options
    ximalasximalas Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I just tried the standalone launcher again. I'm in Norway. The launcher got in touch with the servers on the first attempt. Now patching at 80 %, 90 %, aaand 100 %. I'm good to go, I hope.
  • Options
    darthraiderxxxdarthraiderxxx Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Is patching roulette a new summer event activity?:P
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    This happens every time 20,000 people try to patch at the same time. It is only for special event patches. Pro tip, patch earlier. Risa is pretty crowded.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Patch Server should be back up and running again. Thank you for your patience, everyone while I proverbially run back and forth across the office. :P
  • Options
    swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Got 700 favors to buy my Delta Recruit a sweet board. Most of my toons had leftovers from last year, so I started doing those turnins. Is it just me, or are the rewards higher this year?
  • Options
    namikazepwnamikazepw Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Trendy, would it be possible if the patches could be made available as separate downloads on mirror sites, using HTTP protocols or FTP protocols instead of streamed? I realize this would require creating an installer to handle each patch, so perhaps just on patches that are 1GB or larger?

I would imagine that this would alleviate a lot of strain on the system, and allow people who aren't able to connect to the patch server to still recover the patch file.
  • Options
    captainhook2000captainhook2000 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Patch Server should be back up and running again. Thank you for your patience, everyone while I proverbially run back and forth across the office. :P

Perhaps .....
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    im un the uk, and my connection goes through the ever shoddy bt lines, but i can only speak for my own connection. obviously you mentioned comcast so you are a lot closer not that i want to know where you are, but you are obviously more closer to the boston server, so you must get a better speed.
    You mean you don't get internet through the old telegraph cables laid down by the Great Eastern? :P
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    So, when's the party in the red tents?
  • Options
    starksto#1067 starksto Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    So in order to get the ship on multiple toons are you required to fill the project to maximum on ALL toons or is it like last year where you only had to max one toon and then all of the other toons projects would complete after doing only 1 run (flight)?
    Fleet Admiral/Chancellor
    Federation & Imperial Bushrangers
    Looking for a fun and friendly fleet?
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    why should there be? i sleep for 8 hours each day and i dont want compensation for that. besides i only lost 2 hours since it went active anyway, not like its a big deal, i mean anyone can be called away for 2 hours to do something outside the game.

i am one of the affected, but i dont want compensation for something so minor.

Let me just stop you right away: Wrong issue.

What I'm referring to is the bug (check the support forums, also the post below) that causes Risa, along with a few other maps to run from between 5 and 15 FPS irrespective of settings and hardware capabilities (GPU manufacturer is out too, I can personally confirm that both Nvdia and ATI are potentially affected.)

That makes Risa unplayable for an apparently small but NOT insignificant part of the population.

So assuming a fix is on its way (else Cryptic really has no claim to being a functional developer ATM, this was brought up sometime soon after S10 launched. Yes, shipping mostly functional content is one thing, and a very important thing at that, but there also needs to be some capacity to respond to significant technical issues as they are introduced, ESPECIALLY when they cause additional complications for later content) we have a situation much like previous downtime related event extensions. Some people's participation is being limited (if not actually prohibited) by cryptic-side technical problems. Not all, but that point hasn't been relevant in the past since not many would be noticeably affected by a few days worth of sever problems cutting into their prize progression (for most a few days here or there didn't matter one bit).

Ergo, the same accommodation in this case. Its a reasonable thing to bring up and it has precedent to boot.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    cypherouscypherous Member Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The inviting vacation planet of Risa awaits you! With the Lohlunat Festival in full swing, Captains can expect top-notch hospitality from the welcoming natives, a variety of exciting events, and the perfect getaway.

Are you the over worked Captain in need of shore-leave? Look no further than the warm beaches of Risa!

~LaughingTrendy

Too much graphical lag on that map, the ship isn't worth enough to put myself through 20 days of that lag, i'll pass
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Let me just stop you right away: Wrong issue.

What I'm referring to is the bug (check the support forums, also the post below) that causes Risa, along with a few other maps to run from between 5 and 15 FPS irrespective of settings and hardware capabilities (GPU manufacturer is out too, I can personally confirm that both Nvdia and ATI are potentially affected.)

That makes Risa unplayable for an apparently small but NOT insignificant part of the population.

So assuming a fix is on its way (else Cryptic really has no claim to being a functional developer ATM, this was brought up sometime soon after S10 launched. Yes, shipping mostly functional content is one thing, and a very important thing at that, but there also needs to be some capacity to respond to significant technical issues as they are introduced, ESPECIALLY when they cause additional complications for later content) we have a situation much like previous downtime related event extensions. Some people's participation is being limited (if not actually prohibited) by cryptic-side technical problems. Not all, but that point hasn't been relevant in the past since not many would be noticeably affected by a few days worth of sever problems cutting into their prize progression (for most a few days here or there didn't matter one bit).

Ergo, the same accommodation in this case. Its a reasonable thing to bring up and it has precedent to boot.

funny how one effect the other is fairly similar, the patching issue has made things slow earlier on and there was a connection issue on the server anyway that could of contributed to the risa map just not loading (or correctly), it isnt the first time i ran across a map not loading because a very long connection delay.

now if it is a connection between the two? i do not know, but its possible that both may have been related to the same issue, so if i am wrong or not, someone from the cryptic department needs to state otherwise, its their server and their issue they had.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    now if it is a connection between the two? i do not know, but its possible that both may have been related to the same issue, so if i am wrong or not, someone from the cryptic department needs to state otherwise, its their server and their issue they had.

I very, very, very much doubt it (I'll still check it out, can't hurt at this point). The bizarre FPS issues started with S10 (not today) and seem to be related to some kind of environmental detail on new-ish maps. For example: classic Risa is fine. New chugs away, particularly when looking at or while in the jungle.

Seems very much a graphical problem (error->over-processing), possibly with shading/rendering? There isn't too much we [non-dev's in the support forums] could say weeks back when investigating the problem besides "cryptic had better fix this before June 4th."
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    kajofolfkajofolf Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    That lag on Risa makes it unplayable. 5-10 fps is a joke.
  • Options
    timelords1701timelords1701 Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    starkclan wrote: »
    So in order to get the ship on multiple toons are you required to fill the project to maximum on ALL toons or is it like last year where you only had to max one toon and then all of the other toons projects would complete after doing only 1 run (flight)?

From whats been stated in the dev blog, we only need to run 1 single alt to completion for the ship, the rest of the alts get it completely free, meaning they dont have to do a single days run of the flight at all...
  • Options
    som3one1som3one1 Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Count me in with those that lag at Risa, it drops as low as 8fps when flying over the island. Used to be fine before season 10.

I hope this will be fixed as soon as possible on Risa and other maps because it makes the whole event thoroughly unpleasant to play.
    If you are reading this you have stopped reading my post and are now reading my signature.
  • Options
    trekkerchicktrekkerchick Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    som3one1 wrote: »
    Count me in with those that lag at Risa, it drops as low as 8fps when flying over the island. Used to be fine before season 10.

I hope this will be fixed as soon as possible on Risa and other maps because it makes the whole event thoroughly unpleasant to play.

Try disabling Dynamic Lighting. Something about it broke last year about this exact time, and caused insane FPS loss. Especially on Risa.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Try disabling Dynamic Lighting. Something about it broke last year about this exact time, and caused insane FPS loss. Especially on Risa.

Whatever is causing the massive performance issues this year it doesn't seem like anything that's tweakable. No graphic setting fixes this issue (though we'll see how the latest ATI beta driver fairs [edit: no change, naturally])
  • Options
    yahooeliteyahooelite Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    2 things guys

1: The Patch is slow due to the amount of people downloading it, that's going to slow the patch server down a bit limiting the speed its downloaded, which is normal, the Patch Server does have a limited Upload speed afterall.

2: Possible reasons for the lag at Risa that people are complaining about most likely has to do with the amount of people at that planet/section.

Its an Event, its only "logical" that theres going to be ALOT of people in that area which would cause extra strain on peoples PCs and perhaps the Server itself. Obviously theres going to be more people accessing it more than normal due to the event, thus the performance issues.

These issues are nothing new when it comes to MMORPGs having an Event that ALOT of people want to access.

This response is a little late, but im sure it still applies.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    yahooelite wrote: »
    2: Possible reasons for the lag at Risa that people are complaining about most likely has to do with the amount of people at that planet/section.

Nope, I started reporting this issue about a month ago when Risa was empty. Additional maps affected include the outdoor components of the FED revamp missions. Players on map, server occupancy, or any other population based stat simply does not correlate.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Nope, I started reporting this issue about a month ago when Risa was empty. Additional maps affected include the outdoor components of the FED revamp missions. Players on map, server occupancy, or any other population based stat simply does not correlate.

Regardless, in this case the Event is most likely the cause at this point.

Whether it be the server, peoples PCs, or a mix of both, I imagine the event load is whats causing these issues for the people reporting it.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    yahooelite wrote: »
    Regardless, in this case the Event is most likely the cause at this point.

...No it isn't. When I'm seeing the SAME frame rate drops now that I did before the event started the event cannot be said to be involved here. The patching issues, sure, but not the FPS glitch(es).
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    My Romulan will head there soon as I can. I will get a few items like last time. I'm thinking of sending my Fed Eng down there too for the Hurricane. This will be fun to use.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    hakazehakaze Member Posts: 81 Media Corps
    edited June 2015
    friend bought the shorts, two types, now he's missing his legs but has naked feet XD
    ktamradio If you are looking for some nice music while playing clicky clicky click!

mWKbuCx.png
  • Options
    ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    ...No it isn't. When I'm seeing the SAME frame rate drops now that I did before the event started the event cannot be said to be involved here. The patching issues, sure, but not the FPS glitch(es).

It was fine in February when I started playing - my fleet mates took me to Risa to gamble on several occasions and I spent more than a little time exploring the place - (so no it's not my computer that is disagreeing with the game, because then I would have had problems from the word go) and it was fine right up till the launch of Season 10, afterwards it's been absolutely hellish.

I'm sure the number of people at Risa right now is not exactly helping things, but it's not the only thing wrong as it's been jerky and turning into a slide show from long before the event started.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    ilithyn wrote: »
    It was fine in February when I started playing - my fleet mates took me to Risa to gamble on several occasions and I spent more than a little time exploring the place - (so no it's not my computer that is disagreeing with the game, because then I would have had problems from the word go) and it was fine right up till the launch of Season 10, afterwards it's been absolutely hellish.

I'm sure the number of people at Risa right now is not exactly helping things, but it's not the only thing wrong as it's been jerky and turning into a slide show from long before the event started.

That's my point.

While people may have had issues with Risa before the Event, its not helping things for those having issues AFTER the patch due to the Event. That's all I was saying.