test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Summer Event Now Live!

Comments

• avertyoureyessavertyoureyess Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Trendy I think i found an error or two.

The Board shorts. There are 6 available, doubles of 3 types. All showing up as male and only useable by male characters. Is there a female version that is not showing up?

The Flower Accents are listed as "New". However it will not let you access it, as it says you may only have one unique item. I believe this is because i have last years flower accent. Is this supposed to be the new flower behind the ear look that is shown in the blog post or just a miss label of last year or did i miss something.

Sorry for repeating this if it has already been said.

Still partying on the beach tho :D

Thank you Trendy
  • starksto#1067 starksto Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    From whats been stated in the dev blog, we only need to run 1 single alt to completion for the ship, the rest of the alts get it completely free, meaning they dont have to do a single days run of the flight at all...

Thanks for your reply Timelords.

That has saved me from a bucket load of grinding.
    Fleet Admiral/Chancellor
    Federation & Imperial Bushrangers
    Looking for a fun and friendly fleet?
  • yocase009yocase009 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Quick question:

The Nandi requires 1000 Lohlunat Prize Vouchers...not favors. As far as I can tell, the only way to earn these vouchers is by completing the floater mission daily? No other methods? By my calculations that means it will take 25 cycles of the floater mission, which on a 20 hour cool-down equates to roughly 25 days of running the mission. Which means one can miss only 10 days the entire event or they will not get the ship.

Right?
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2015
    yocase009 wrote: »
    Quick question:

The Nandi requires 1000 Lohlunat Prize Vouchers...not favors. As far as I can tell, the only way to earn these vouchers is by completing the floater mission daily? No other methods? By my calculations that means it will take 25 cycles of the floater mission, which on a 20 hour cool-down equates to roughly 25 days of running the mission. Which means one can miss only 10 days the entire event or they will not get the ship.

Right?

Correct. Same as all other events of this nature.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • mindshadow999mindshadow999 Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Quick question:

Right?

That's pretty much how the summer/winter event ship projects have always worked, yeah. Don't miss too many days unless you don't mind making up the balance with Lobi - that's the other way to get the vouchers, spend Lobi on 'em.
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Quick question:

Right?

You can also buy vouchers with lobi but this is fairly expensive.
  • lowjohnlowjohn Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    What will happen to leftover Vouchers when the event ends?

Are they going to vanish? Will the trade-in store reappear so we can hock them for R&D stuff and skill points like we could a few weeks ago with last year's leftovers?

(Also: am I correct in assuming the "trade yer leftovers" store is going to appear again at Christmas and the Anniversary, at least this year, so people can trade in any 8x10 Glossy and Qmendations from previous years?)
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Has anyone figured out what the new area on the river is for yet, with the two tends, bar, dabo wheel, and all the storage stuff?
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    lowjohn wrote: »
    What will happen to leftover Vouchers when the event ends?

Are they going to vanish? Will the trade-in store reappear so we can hock them for R&D stuff and skill points like we could a few weeks ago with last year's leftovers?

(Also: am I correct in assuming the "trade yer leftovers" store is going to appear again at Christmas and the Anniversary, at least this year, so people can trade in any 8x10 Glossy and Qmendations from previous years?)

They said vouchers will vanish after the event.

No official word on the trade ins, best guess is no.

No official word on future events but the way the worded the reason for retiring the pearls strongly suggests a similar thing will happen for the winter and anniversary events.
  • lowjohnlowjohn Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    They said vouchers will vanish after the event.

No official word on the trade ins, best guess is no.

No official word on future events but the way the worded the reason for retiring the pearls strongly suggests a similar thing will happen for the winter and anniversary events.

Not entirely unexpected. Thanks!
  • joel1974joel1974 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Now at 70% ... taken over a hour to patch so far.
  • xsi1exsi1e Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Dusted off my horga'hn and ready to hit the Risa beach. As soon as this patch completes. Woot woot
    1kltX02.jpg
  • plagis34plagis34 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Has anyone figured out what the new area on the river is for yet, with the two tends, bar, dabo wheel, and all the storage stuff?

I was wondering this as well. They made a point of putting a shot of it in the promo so I was thinking it was not just some random addition.

Maybe something didn't get finished in time.That wouldn't exactly be a first around here. (I really don't mean that as a slight against the game crew either)
  • starflyer1starflyer1 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Bummer, no chest hair available in-game.... and for some reason my floater has turned invisible though visuals are enabled....
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Nice to see a timer next to the minimap and drop down when hovering my mouse over it showing how long until each event starts again. That is very helpful.

What is not helpful is the fact I'm getting just under 11 frames-per-second in the summer event map, which people have been asking to be fixed for weeks. :mad:

Edit: 2 Caracal pets in the summer event rep store you can buy for 100 favors each. 2 different Caracal pets in the friggen lobi store.
  • richarddoverricharddover Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Hmmm... Haven't been on in a while, so missed that this was coming up till now, with this thread being 17 pages deep already.

Anyho... Perhaps I missed this, but it seems like we can't queue up previous year's ships for 40 pearls/vouchers, like before. Have they thrown that out?
  • capnmanxcapnmanx Member Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Hmmm... Haven't been on in a while, so missed that this was coming up till now, with this thread being 17 pages deep already.

Anyho... Perhaps I missed this, but it seems like we can't queue up previous year's ships for 40 pearls/vouchers, like before. Have they thrown that out?

Previous ships have been retired. On the plus side, event ships are now account unlocks (including any you already have); so you only need to grind them once.
    edited June 2015

Yep. The old Risian ships were retired. Unless you got them in previous years you can't get them anymore, only the new Ferengi Warship. :(

Edit: Special event ships obtained through the reputation system are now account wide unlocks. Go to event reputation and click the 'Store' button to claim your ships on any character who doesn't already have it, free of charge. You can also reclaim event ships you have unlocked for free if you ever discharged any.
  • richarddoverricharddover Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Yep. The old Risian ships were retired. Unless you got them in previous years you can't get them anymore, only the new Ferengi Warship. :(

Edit: Special event ships obtained through the reputation system are now account wide unlocks. Go to event reputation and click the 'Store' button to claim your ships on any character who doesn't already have it, free of charge. You can also reclaim event ships you have unlocked for free if you ever discharged any.

I actually DID get the Risian ships on other toons in previous years. But somehow I had missed the entire 'store' option. Ships have now been claimed. :)

Ta.
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Quick question...

I noticed the board shorts say they are for Males, but they have images for both genders. If a board short is purchased and opened on a female toon, will they be wearable?

Thanks!
    CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    starflyer1 wrote: »
    Bummer, no chest hair available in-game.... and for some reason my floater has turned invisible though visuals are enabled....

I noticed the invisible floater bug myself and did a bit of testing on my KDF-Rom main. The floater is invisible if you are wearing Swimwear. If you are wearing Off Duty Wear, it shows up fine.

Hope this helps.
    edited June 2015
    HEADS UP!

You won't be able to claim ANY event ships you have earned on Delta Recruits or other characters UNLESS you do the event reputation project that requires a single lohlunat favor to unlock the summer event items in the reputation store first. On my Delta Recruits the event reputation store button was grayed out until I unlocked the summer event items. A couple of my characters only had winter event items unlocked in the event store but were able to claim the event ships.

This means that after the summer event ends, and characters you didn't unlock the summer items in the reputation store for, and characters created after the event, will have to wait until the winter event to unlock winter event items in this store. So basically, this means that, despite event ships being "account-wide" unlocks, you can't claim them on characters who haven't unlocked summer or winter event items for first.

Patch notes: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=24152681#post24152681
    Systems:

Added a store tab to the Event Reputation Store called "Account Reward Claim".
    Here players will be able to claim event reputation project starship rewards earned on any character.
    For example, if a player has earned the Risian Corvette on one character, all characters on the account can claim the Risian Corvette for free from this new store.
    Also, any character on an account which has earned one of these ships can reclaim the ship for free if it has been discharged.
    It doesn't say anything about having to unlock the summer event items in the reputation store first. :confused:
  • axel667axel667 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    So, will we actually get the ship without issue this time? Or will it be a Q's Wonderland repeat?
    Are you free?
  • lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    So, does anyone remember 2013, when we found skeletons in the fire pits? Today, we found some hidden tents on Risa. Therein, we also found a Hirogen helmet, some Jem'Hadar blade weapons, a cult amulet, candles, books of witch spells, and several live tribbles ripe for sacrifice. I think we have officially discovered the epicentre of the Risian Death Cult, as well as the source of the skeletons in the fire pit.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • starflyer1starflyer1 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    vorwoda wrote: »
    I noticed the invisible floater bug myself and did a bit of testing on my KDF-Rom main. The floater is invisible if you are wearing Swimwear. If you are wearing Off Duty Wear, it shows up fine.

Hope this helps.

Thanx a lot
  • lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    That has existed since last year. And to be completely honest, I actually enjoyed the way I appeared to be hovering. It is one of those harmless, but so-much-fun glitches.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • demonicaestheticdemonicaesthetic Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    lindaleff wrote: »
    So, does anyone remember 2013, when we found skeletons in the fire pits? Today, we found some hidden tents on Risa. Therein, we also found a Hirogen helmet, some Jem'Hadar blade weapons, a cult amulet, candles, books of witch spells, and several live tribbles ripe for sacrifice. I think we have officially discovered the epicentre of the Risian Death Cult, as well as the source of the skeletons in the fire pit.

Nooooo, you just found Trendy's holiday campsite... ;)
    <center><font size="+5"><b>Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day...
    Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life...</b></size></center>
  • rocmistrocmist Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    crm14916 wrote: »
    Quick question...

I noticed the board shorts say they are for Males, but they have images for both genders. If a board short is purchased and opened on a female toon, will they be wearable?

Thanks!
    CM

I saw that as well; when I carefully looked at the list and descriptions for both of the sets, are for Male characters (you will also see 2 copies of exactly the same item).

I think one set was supposed to be the female variant ... it's unclear which one or if they have put the wrong items into the list (point to the same item and not the female version).

Added/Edited:

Found a bug report for this issue:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1473541
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2015
    rocmist wrote: »
    I saw that as well; when I carefully looked at the list and descriptions for both of the sets, are for Male characters (you will also see 2 copies of exactly the same item).

I think one set was supposed to be the female variant ... it's unclear which one or if they have put the wrong items into the list (point to the same item and not the female version).

Added/Edited:

Found a bug report for this issue:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1473541

Yeah I noticed that too. However I also saw a female player character wearing board shorts on Risa yesterday. There are also female board shorts on the exchange. So I'm curious if the board shorts which are in with the female swimsuits are actually female but the store lists them as male. Haven't dared to test that theory yet, but if I do then I'll post back and let you know.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!