test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Introducing the Nandi

Comments

• vakna4837vakna4837 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I have a feeling we aren't going to get anything significant confirmed about this ship until about 45 seconds before the event actually starts.
  • mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    edited June 2015
    Telling us Eff-All about the ship really isn't a great way to generate interest.

It's especially pointless, given that the boxed stats have been up for days... and the wise sages have filled in one important piece of info that D'Kora owners care about. 90% of the info is out about this ship... this stuff should have been released last week.
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
  • capnmanxcapnmanx Member Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    According to Trendy's twitter, we are getting 2 blogs today; so you might not have to wait too long.
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Telling us Eff-All about the ship really isn't a great way to generate interest.

All ships have multiple blogs over several days. This is nothing new. You might not like delayed gratification, but slowly revealing details with a buildup is an effective sales technique used around the world for centuries.

For myself, I think it looks cool and I'm quite interested to know if it has a dabo table or any other amenities from the d'kora, or not.

Also, hoping it shows off the ship name as clearly as the corvette and cruiser did.
  • reafisreafis Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Yuck, the ferengi made it out of plastic
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    iconians wrote: »
    Why would Zelek have latinum fillings? Latinum is a liquid at room temperature. The worthless gold is pressed around it to give it a solid form.

latinum is also toxic as shown by what it did to morn. But I imagine he has platinum I side gold then capped over his teeth. The idea is "just because it is expensive". Same reason people gold plate their cars today.
  • neogabi1neogabi1 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The Nandi takes Ferengi technology and comfort to a whole new level! Introducing the Nandi Warship, now with real fake authentic imitation totally-legitimate latinum!

Wait... nevermind. It's just made out of pure gold. Bah humbug!

~LaughingTrendy

Well... I guess my one Ferengi captain and Laughing Trendy will like it? It's... not exactly what I was hoping for from a Summer on Risa. =/
    Team Fencebane - All Adventure, No Direction!
  • willamsheridanwillamsheridan Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    flash525 wrote: »
    How big (or small) is this thing suppose to be? When I read warship, I was thinking something of similar size to the Galaxy and D'Kora, but this thing seems to resemble something the size of the Defiant. My assumption is based on the size of the windows.

Nice design though, however I'm not a fan of the textures.

It kinda looks like a D'Kora crashed into that ship in your Signature and the Ferengi made the best of it. Not bad but also no D'Kora
  • praecopraeco Member Posts: 7
    edited June 2015
    vakna4837 wrote: »
    I have a feeling we aren't going to get anything significant confirmed about this ship until about 45 seconds before the event actually starts.

Seems that way. I don't mind the fluff myself but it should have been accompanied by some actual details. However, I wasn't surprised at the lack considering how Trendy focused on being goofy over answering questions in yesterday's rewards thread.

Trendy, I'm sure it's more about your hands being tied over willfully not answering questions/giving details but I beg of you, try and get whoever's making that decision to seriously reexamine it.
  • risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    "Do you have time for planning and construction? Materials? I know there have been shortages because of the war," Zelek said. "The Alliance is buying up or claiming anything they need to fight the Iconians. But we thought ahead. Built up stockpiles of supplies for just this occasion

Those greedy TRIBBLE! :P

I'll remember this next time the Undine attack Ferenginar!
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,446 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    praeco wrote: »
    Seems that way. I don't mind the fluff myself but it should have been accompanied by some actual details. However, I wasn't surprised at the lack considering how Trendy focused on being goofy over answering questions in yesterday's rewards thread.
    Given what people have been putting Trendy through over the past few days, I think I'd rather see "goofy Trendy" than the potential alternative, "wrathful Trendy".
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • kurumimorishitakurumimorishita Member Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    reafis wrote: »
    Yuck, the ferengi made it out of plastic

Haha.. that's exactly what I thought, too.. - I really hope D'Kora owners are able to use the D'Kora skin/costume on that ship.
    "We might get pretty singed at that range, but not as singed as they're going to get. Engage."
    - Captain Six of Nine aka Ashley "Don't Call Me Ash" Campbell
    q4F10XV.jpg
    ALWAYS OUTNUMBERED, NEVER OUTGUNNED
  • gameversemangameverseman Member Posts: 1,110 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    capnmanx wrote: »
    According to Trendy's twitter, we are getting 2 blogs today; so you might not have to wait too long.

No, she said there were 2 blogs... she never said BOTH were coming out today.... just a 5 minute heads up for this one.
    signature.png
  • ashlotteashlotte Member Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    praeco wrote: »

Trendy, I'm sure it's more about your hands being tied over willfully not answering questions/giving details but I beg of you, try and get whoever's making that decision to seriously reexamine it.

"How about you learn some patience? You'll know everything about the ship when either the ship or the rest of the information arrives. It's just good business!"
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    All ships have multiple blogs over several days. This is nothing new. You might not like delayed gratification, but slowly revealing details with a buildup is an effective sales technique used around the world for centuries.

Well yeah but we already have the stats courtesy of Tribble (doubt they're gonna change those in the next 2 days). So really all we lacked was a picture and knowledge of the interior at this point. Secrecy to try and create artificial excitement doesn't really work when secrecy can't be maintained.

Destroyer mastery track
    "Greedy Emitters" trait
    Console "Metaphasic Solar Capacitor"
    4/4 weapons
    12 turn
    1.05 Shield Mod

2 Eng Consoles
    4 Sci Consoles
    5 Tac Consoles

Cmdr Tac
    LtCmdr Sci/Pilot
    Lt Sci
    Lt Eng
    Ens Tac
    Ens Uni

(Yes 6 seats, and no not my picture)

We already have all the info. Beating around the bush is just being obstinate.
  • capnmanxcapnmanx Member Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    No, she said there were 2 blogs... she never said BOTH were coming out today.... just a 5 minute heads up for this one.

Browse back a little further. There are two due today; we just don't know what the second one is about yet.
  • nepsthennepsthen Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The colors are a bit too cartoony for my taste in starships. Luckily we'll be able to change it. It looks like a bad guy vehicle from a 1980's toy line. Keep up the good work.

Since you guys are coming out with T6 versions of old lockbox ships, will there be any way to upgrade the older versions in the future?
    DxDiag64 dump 19Feb2016: http://pastebin.com/1c0pkEuw
  • ak255ak255 Member Posts: 317 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    "Because the Lobi Crystal Consortium knows what captains want!"

Real bug fixes? Fair balancing? Not having their ships be outdated a few months later? Server actually being stable for once? Being told something we love is gonna change far in advance instead of the last second (Reputation projects not benefiting from Dil Bonus weekend)? Add actually useful ships instead of rehashing old ones?

Would you like me to go on?
    edited June 2015
    jonsills wrote: »
    Given what people have been putting Trendy through over the past few days, I think I'd rather see "goofy Trendy" than the potential alternative, "wrathful Trendy".

Yet neither accomplishes anything.... maybe that should be re-evaluated. ;)
    signature.png
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2015
    Looks nice! Though I must say, given traditional Ferengi designs, it looks like it's flying backwards. Though since it's not a canon ship, I guess it's not as bad as the Benthan cruiser flying backwards. :P
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • freakshow046freakshow046 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    It looks like it's wearing water wings. Was that done on purpose because of the Summer Event?

http://www.waterwings.biz/Portals/0/images/rotator/ChildSwimmingWithFloaties.jpg

:D
    signature-03.png
  • jstewart55jstewart55 Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Now with real fake authentic imitation latinum!

All right, I'll admit that was funny.

Ship is ugly as sin, though. :D Looks like someone left a prawn on too long.
  • detheaterdetheater Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    If the ship is flying away (which I seriously doubt) from us then I really like it. If the ship is flying towards us (which is my bet)... UGH!

I'll still get it but I am not near as excited as I was. I was hoping something that resembled a D'Kora with some flare and flash...

Oh well...
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Well yeah but we already have the stats courtesy of Tribble (doubt they're gonna change those in the next 2 days). So really all we lacked was a picture and knowledge of the interior at this point. Secrecy to try and create artificial excitement doesn't really work when secrecy can't be maintained.

Destroyer mastery track
    "Greedy Emitters" trait
    Console "Metaphasic Solar Capacitor"
    4/4 weapons
    12 turn
    1.05 Shield Mod

2 Eng Consoles
    4 Sci Consoles
    5 Tac Consoles

Cmdr Tac
    LtCmdr Sci/Pilot
    Lt Sci
    Lt Eng
    Ens Tac
    Ens Uni

(Yes 6 seats, and no not my picture)

We already have all the info. Beating around the bush is just being obstinate.

2 Tac 2 Sci & 2 Eng SROs = 6 SROs!

12% Crit Chance & 30% Crit Severity... on top of Rom player RO if slotted.
  • abaddon653abaddon653 Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    jonsills wrote: »

WHAT WHERE!?

Oh geez...don't do that man, wrathful Trendy is enough to give Q nightmares...phew, thought we where all doomed there for a moment...:o
    edited June 2015
    tigeraries wrote: »

I going to fly this ship with a tac captian as a beam boat with infinite power. (Elite fleet plasma-integrated warp core with [Eff] + plasmonic leech) I will also cycle in an additional drain or two to keep my drain immunity up. Too bad I will have to wait a month to fly it (considering the grind).
    signature.png
  • hartzillahartzilla Member Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    risian4 wrote: »
    Those greedy TRIBBLE! :P

I'll remember this next time the Undine attack Ferenginar!

Where they will charge you to use their additional planetary defenses to save their planet.
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    She be flying backwards, Captain!
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    tigeraries wrote: »

5 Locator consoles on top, RO captain, Precision, weapon specialization, and the borg module, you can get a 30%+ crit rate without even using the upgrade system. 4 flow cap / plasma-burst consoles in the sci slots, leech and borg module in the eng slots covers consoles without having to get fancy. Dual FAWs, dual attack patterns, and dual TTs in the tac (and universal) slots. EPTW/EPTS in the eng Lt, ST and HE in the sci Lt. I admit I don't know piloting skills but probably PH then 2 skills in the LtCmdr. Just a quick-and-dirty sort of setup without even any traits and still sounds unpleasant. Not gonna unseat the Scimitar, but a fair threat to the FPER?
  • ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited June 2015
    Umm, which end is the front?

And here I thought I was the only one who thinks it's flying backwards ;)