test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Introducing the Nandi

Comments

• gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    T
    Well yeah but we already have the stats courtesy of Tribble.

< snippety snip snip >

We already have all the info. Beating around the bush is just being obstinate.

Who is "we"? Not everyone comes to the forums and reddit. But the blog posts appear on the login screen so everyone who plays sees those. And quite frankly, forumites and redditors are not the only people who spend money and/or log into the game, thus are not the sole target market for promotions.

I maintain, doing it this way does indeed work to build up the event for a significant percentage of the playerbase. Not you, and honestly not me either (I am immune to suspense and tension, either positive or fearful/negative), but definitely a significant number anyway.

Also, don't forget the concept art and designing the ship blogs we sometimes get. I care about those more than the stats. I'll know the stats and powers no matter what,but there is no way to get the concept art or background information or thought process that went into the powers etc.unless they give us a blog post with it.

They're not catering to any one population, even if we each might want them to cater to our segment.
  • oldkhemaraaoldkhemaraa Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    tigeraries wrote: »
    2 Tac 2 Sci & 2 Eng SROs = 6 SROs!

12% Crit Chance & 30% Crit Severity... on top of Rom player RO if slotted.

I'll prolly go with my Pirate bridge crew... 6 Nausicaans adds up to a nice damage bonus.

And just because it has pilot seating, doesn't mean you have to slot a pilot in there..'specially seeing the pilot seat is the Ltc Sci. I find sci power far to valuable to give em up to pilot skills. My avatar is pilot specialized anyway.

Its a decent ship. Stats aren't over the top. Make a nice beam boat and the 4/4 weapons puts it at the top of the list for Destroyer hull firepower. The Iconian space set will buff it up nicely.
    "I aim to misbehave" - Malcolm Reynolds
    edited June 2015
    I'll prolly go with my Pirate bridge crew... 6 Nausicaans adds up to a nice damage bonus.

Its a decent ship. Stats aren't over the top. Make a nice beam boat and the 4/4 weapons puts it at the top of the list for Destroyer hull firepower. The Iconian space set will buff it up nicely.

5 nausicans + one potato (both pirate and efficient)

Also, its tied with the chelgrett for weapons, not at the top.
  • tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    ynrocjd wrote: »
    the one without the chemtrails

those are light trails.
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Who is "we"? Not everyone comes to the forums and reddit. But the blog posts appear on the login screen so everyone who plays sees those. And quite frankly, forumites and redditors are not the only people who spend money and/or log into the game, thus are not the sole target market for promotions.

Eh. On the other hand people who are only checking out splash screens and going 'oh thats nice' then moving on, they're not getting super excited just informed. Marketing is mostly wasted on those people. And the people who are getting all hyped up, the target audience for these sorts of releases, also tend to be the kind of people who can hunt down the info to sate their curiosity. So that leaves I guess people who can be hyped up, but can't find the rest on their own? I'm not sure how big that group is. *shrugs*
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,671 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Zooming in on the ship makes it look a fair bit nicer, quite a bit of detailing that you miss at the default size which makes it far less 'plastic-y'. It is quite clearly flying down and left to our view.

Pic on Imgur zoomed in for the lazy
    iconians wrote: »
    Also, good dev blog. Still doesn't explain why the Lobi Crystal Consortium collects Lobi crystals.

My head cannon has it as Quark buying up a significant chunk of all the Lobi Crystals when whatever economy that was using them tanked, which seems possible since the currency was already significantly devalued when Voyager launched. Then, after not being able to pawn it off to rubes like ensign Harry Kim, decides that the anti-counterfeiting measures built in and the small size made it a decent token currency to throw in with whatever gambling scheme he was running as an also-ran for increased perceived value (pretty much exactly how it works in STO).
  • reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,172 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    lordmental wrote: »
    No Corinthian Leather?

The knowledge needed to craft Corinthian Leather was sadly lost with the Botany Bay.
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,446 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    tuskin67 wrote: »
    those are light trails.
    Oh, sure, that's what They want you to believe...

Wake up, sheeple!
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • johndroidjohndroid Member Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Umm, which end is the front?

Well if it was similar to older D'Kora it would be going away from us in the picture :) but ..... I'm afraid its coming towards us because of the lil feet pointing this way :((( I like it backwards more already than this direction...coming forward
  • zigadeiczigadeic Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    does this thing come with onstar :D
    tumblr_m9xiz26mwj1rdabsoo1_r1_400.gif
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    lordmental wrote: »
    No Corinthian Leather?

No, Ricardo Montalban is dead.
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Entertaining story.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
    edited June 2015
    Eh. On the other hand people who are only checking out splash screens and going 'oh thats nice' then moving on, they're not getting super excited just informed. Marketing is mostly wasted on those people. And the people who are getting all hyped up, the target audience for these sorts of releases, also tend to be the kind of people who can hunt down the info to sate their curiosity. So that leaves I guess people who can be hyped up, but can't find the rest on their own? I'm not sure how big that group is. *shrugs*

Probably aimed at the ones that CAN find it on their own, but are too lazy to do so.

Based on the pug population, that might be a lot of people. He he.
  • gypsybladegypsyblade Member Posts: 730 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    It's flying backwards... please fix this
  • awlaforgeawlaforge Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Telling us Eff-All about the ship really isn't a great way to generate interest.

That comes later. They never introduce ships and give stats in the same blog.
  • bughunter357bughunter357 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I belive it to be a mid sized ship.. around the size of most destroyers... And I'm really hoping that the blog means this one we get a bridge with!

(On tribble its noted as having the destroyer ship powers set, and then its special spiff tier-6 ship power. and having 4/4 weapons mounts... its a war ship all right....)

And Quark is behind this? Hummmm. now that is interesting.

the stats on the test server pretty much point toward it being very offensively configured... damd I'd be nice to have the lobi to get the rules set to slap in it.

You know, I really hate the whole Lobi thing. I really do.

quark has been behind the consortium from the beginning he runs the consortium so yeah he is behind this all the way.

will wait to see the stats before i give a final judgement.
    It's flying backwards... please fix this

looks normal to me it is a ferengi ship after all.
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    It kinda looks like a D'Kora crashed into that ship in your Signature and the Ferengi made the best of it. Not bad but also no D'Kora

That was sort of my impression. With it flying towards us, it looks as if it has more Cardassian proportions than Fedengi, unless for some reason it's going away from us and someone put the trails in backwards...? Of course if that were the case, the little claw weapon thingies are on the wrong side. Hrm... she's an odd craft...

Hopefully we do get a less plastic-y hull material option? I suppose we could try out a few Rep shields to see if those skins work... we'll see.

It's a Ferengi ship, something we've see onscreen. We have certain design expectations (more "insect" in styling, like the beetle-like D'Kora or tick-like shuttle?), whereas the Risian line could be taken as its own thing. Sadly, given the overall design, I just can't see elements of the classic D'Kora being useable with this design... they just don't match up.

Still, the special bridge sounds nice. They had a whole deb blog about it, so we should be getting one... this isn't another "with all the amenities*" thing like the Luxury Cruiser, is it?

*no actual shipboard amenities or even a bridge
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • drreverenddrreverend Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    reximuz wrote: »
    The knowledge needed to craft Corinthian Leather was sadly lost with the Botany Bay.

The secret of Corinthian Leather is restricted from less advanced civilizations by the Prime Directive.
  • alexhurlbutalexhurlbut Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    johndroid wrote: »
    f the lil feet d
    those are what some of us call pinchers. *pinch you for no good reason*
  • gameversemangameverseman Member Posts: 1,110 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    CONFIRMED! They are putting off the informative blog until tomorrow.... shocker! :rolleyes:
    signature.png
  • lexxie1983lexxie1983 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    hmm ferengi ship. what fly's backwards and almost certainly is something wrong with it somehow (ask quark).
    n8eym7c.jpg

click for bigger image
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    zigadeic wrote: »
    does this thing come with onstar :D
    Why don't you just hail that nearby ship and ask for directions?! For the last time, we're lost!
  • firekeeperhufirekeeperhu Member Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    oh, you thought they will release the stats today? how cute.

cryptic trolling level - over 9000
    <3 Defiant <3

RnD and upgrade needs less RNG. Less lottery. Something has to change.
  • makocallowaymakocalloway Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    abaddon653 wrote: »
    Woah...woah....WOAH!!! I did NOT pay for "Authentic imitation latinum" I want REAL latinum for my trim, this dirty little Ferengi is trying to shortchange us, some one get my disruptor!!

:: hands over a disruptor ::

I get his shoes.
    5rFUCPd.png

• westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,306 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Why don't you just hail that nearby ship and ask for directions?! For the last time, we're lost!

Because I'm a man dear and men don't ask for directions!
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • quintarisquintaris Member Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Oh Nandi
    Well you came and you vaped without taking
    Then you warp away
    Oh Nandi
    w8xekp.jpg
  • makocallowaymakocalloway Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited June 2015

We are not lost! This is...the scenic route!
    5rFUCPd.png

• gameversemangameverseman Member Posts: 1,110 Arc User
    edited June 2015

Yep... it's like Goku going super saiyan and at the moment when he reaches the climax of the transformation this happens. LOL
    signature.png
  • quintarisquintaris Member Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Yep... it's like Goku going super saiyan and at the moment when he reaches the climax of the transformation this happens.

That's not the climax I was expecting.
    w8xekp.jpg
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited June 2015

If you know where to look, the stats are already out in the wild.. :cool:

Subject to change of course. ;)
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif