test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Introducing the Nandi

Comments

• gameversemangameverseman Member Posts: 1,110 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    eazzie wrote: »
    All the negative posts are just sooooo funny. Everyone making negative posts about the ship can I just clarify a few things.

1. Thus far we only have a picture to go on.
    2. No ship stats have been released at the point of me posting this (these may come post post)
    3. None of us know how the ship will handle in battle because not one of us has it yet.

I think it is a fair comment to make. Until we have the ship to play with we should reserve judgment.

The look of a ship is secondary. If it does what it is suppose to do, looks don't factor.

Stats are available here
    signature.png
  • drakethewhitedrakethewhite Member Posts: 1,240 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Stats are available here

Those stats are unimportant to me, I have a ship to fly in battle. I want to know if it includes special stuff for the bridge. I imagine we'll find out today.
  • amezukiamezuki Member Posts: 364 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I've seen a spoiler and was disappointed that this is the science we get.
    LCDR + LT with a science-focused console, 4 sci console slots, and a drain-focused trait in a nimble 4/4 ship is disappointing? Because I think that's about as science-heavy as you get without actually being a sci vessel with CDR seating and the ability package, and it has a whole lot of tac punch to go with it.

This thing would be a KILLER sci-torp boat.
    Fleet Admiral L'Yern - Screenshot and doffing addict
    Eclipse Class Intel Cruiser U.S.S. Dioscuria NX-91121-A - Interactive Crew Roster
  • dkratascodkratasco Member Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Is this only my or this ship looks like made from cheap plastic.
  • gameversemangameverseman Member Posts: 1,110 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Those stats are unimportant to me, I have a ship to fly in battle. I want to know if it includes special stuff for the bridge. I imagine we'll find out today.

They weren't meant for you? :confused:
    signature.png
  • fruitvendor12fruitvendor12 Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    detheater wrote: »
    If the ship is flying away (which I seriously doubt) from us then I really like it. If the ship is flying towards us (which is my bet)... UGH!
    Ferengi are from a swamp plant right? Think of this as a crawfish or some other fresh water crustacean, it actually makes more sense the the traditional design which I guess we could view as trilobites.
  • insanerandomnesinsanerandomnes Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    jonsills wrote: »
    Dibs on USS Scorpion! :D

That looks nothing like a scorpion...

Now THIS http://cdn1.eveonline.com/community/devblog/2010/Scorpion_2010_01.jpg
    THAT is a scorpion.
    I AM THE HARBINGER OF HOPE!
    I AM THE SWORD OF THE RIGHTOUS!

dark_dreadnaught_by_insane_randomness-d5z6ydl.jpg
  • gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    dkratasco wrote: »

What did you expect from the Ferengis? Quality?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Ferengi are from a swamp plant right? Think of this as a crawfish or some other fresh water crustacean, it actually makes more sense the the traditional design which I guess we could view as trilobites.

I'd rather they look like Cenobites. :3
  • chrisf0001chrisf0001 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I guess I'm just yet another person for whom it went like this...

"Hey, that looks pretty good! I like it!"
    "...Wait, those look like engine trails... Is it flying towards us?"
    "...Ugh, that thing is ugly..."
  • antiquesroadshowantiquesroadshow Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    is this a lobi story ship or the summer event one? if its for the summer event i'll skip this one. i'm not into ferengi at all. i wanted a risian corvette over a ferengi ship.
  • hypodemicushypodemicus Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Ah, best ship introduction ever.
    Really, i can imagine the scene before my eyes, the Risians looking a bit startled around the holo bridge, the ferengi secretly turning up the room temperature while continuing to wrap them i a constant stream of sales talk with only a few innuendos...

I think i´ll take the ship and park it besides my Risian cruiser. I´ll need to do some testing wich ships has the food replicators :)
  • drakethewhitedrakethewhite Member Posts: 1,240 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    chrisf0001 wrote: »
    I guess I'm just yet another person for whom it went like this...

"Hey, that looks pretty good! I like it!"
    "...Wait, those look like engine trails... Is it flying towards us?"
    "...Ugh, that thing is ugly..."

Yep, that was my thoughts exactly.
  • fruitvendor12fruitvendor12 Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    sov42 wrote: »
    I'd rather they look like Cenobites. :3
    Yuk. Ugh. Then Ughyuk. ;)
  • revanantmoriturirevanantmorituri Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    It's a science heavy destroyer.

One my KDF-Science Feresean plans on swapping in for the Dyson as soon as physically possible.
    -
    Formerly @Seschat pre PWEmerger. @Seschat on the Titan boards.

Supporter of the Titan Project.
  • neogabi1neogabi1 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Ah, best ship introduction ever.
    Really, i can imagine the scene before my eyes, the Risians looking a bit startled around the holo bridge, the ferengi secretly turning up the room temperature while continuing to wrap them i a constant stream of sales talk with only a few innuendos...

I think i´ll take the ship and park it besides my Risian cruiser. I´ll need to do some testing wich ships has the food replicators :)

It's funnier when you think of it as an only slightly modified version of what happened in the actual dev team meeting. =P

"But aren't the players expecting to collect Risian ships for the summer event?"

"No trust us, what they really want is a Ferengi/Cardassian ship! Don't worry, we'll put shiny bits on it!"
    Team Fencebane - All Adventure, No Direction!
  • jake477jake477 Member Posts: 527 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    It looks like some sort of Cardassian Ferengi Hybrid. Total DS9 is, its too bright for my taste although it does look very "warbirdish" if you ask me.

So I wil attempt to get one but its not on my "get list"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "This planet smells, it must be the Klingons"
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    dkratasco wrote: »
    Wow wow, wait. That's not cheap plastic. That's state-of-the-art real authentic fake latinum!
  • themariethemarie Member Posts: 1,055 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Wow wow, wait. That's not cheap plastic. That's state-of-the-art real authentic fake latinum!

Does it come in a spray-can? Who markets it? Rustolium or Krylon?
  • undedavengerundedavenger Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    My question is, can I unlock this ship if I'm not at admiral level yet? The toon i really wanted for just got started. Can i purchase it and then use it once I make Admiral?
    Nothing breaks the tension better than a tankard of warnog - except maybe a good brawl...
  • neogabi1neogabi1 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    My question is, can I unlock this ship if I'm not at admiral level yet? The toon i really wanted for just got started. Can i purchase it and then use it once I make Admiral?

Unless they have completely changed how it works from previous events you will still be able to earn the ship. You just won't be able to *use* it on a character below level 40.
    Team Fencebane - All Adventure, No Direction!
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    This is an account-wide unlock, right?
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • zeatrexzeatrex Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Why don't you people ever add a design worth looking at and playing as... You know, two great things wraped into one?! God where is the imagination of people at, FFS!
  • rooster707rooster707 Member Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    This is an account-wide unlock, right?

Unless they've changed it, then no, it's not. Once it's unlocked on one character, you get an account-wide discount, but you still need to do the mission once on your other characters to get it.
    76561198032353876.png
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2015
    rooster707 wrote: »
    Unless they've changed it, then no, it's not. Once it's unlocked on one character, you get an account-wide discount, but you still need to do the mission once on your other characters to get it.

They have changed it. Get it on one character and all current and future characters on your account will now be able to claim it for free. You can also reclaim it now for free if you discharge it. Along with any previous event ships you've unlocked.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    They have changed it. Get it on one character and all current and future characters on your account will now be able to claim it for free. You can also reclaim it now for free if you discharge it. Along with any previous event ships you've unlocked.

Is that actually in or is that still a Soon (tm) thing?

And do you need the event store unlocked like you do for the winter event stuff?

Until it's actually in-game I'm going to be using the alt discount just to be safe.
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    neogabi1 wrote: »
    Unless they have completely changed how it works from previous events you will still be able to earn the ship. You just won't be able to *use* it on a character below level 40.
    Actually as this is a T6, you'll have to wait to 50. :P

EDIT: never mind, apparently not.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    *In the imitation of the accent of the late, great, original Khan* 'It's not worth it if it didn't have real fake authentic imitation Corinthian Leather'
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2015
    Is that actually in or is that still a Soon (tm) thing?

And do you need the event store unlocked like you do for the winter event stuff?

Until it's actually in-game I'm going to be using the alt discount just to be safe.

It's actually in, as of today's patch. Read the patch notes.

Also, because of the new system I'm not sure the alt discount system will even work any more for new ships because why would it be needed?

From testing on tribble you do need to unlock the event store still. But considering the summer event goes live today all of your current toons will be able to unlock the store today. They did mention they might be editing the tab so the store page for reclaims can be accessed without the need to unlock the summer/winter stores first.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!