What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Come here if you have a Q

Comments

• Options
    neonchillineonchilli Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I have already required the starship trait: temporal insight on my starfleet character, now i tried acquiring it on my romulan through the delta recruit event after finishing half the arcs. Ive added a screenshot, highlighted in red boxes you can see the problem. ive tried logging out, logging back in after about an hour, changing character and back to my romulan, it's still tryng to claim the trait that i already have and i cant cancel it, please help, this is very frustrating.

the screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/V4wOo15.jpg

many thanks
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    i tested this temporal starship trait bug on another delta alt, its the same, so warning to all, do not choose to accept the trait if you already have it, as you cant cancel the claim even with logging out, and cant claim any other delta reward, id post this bug to the GMs, but dont see an option to and i cant create a post on the forum due im new, and they dont say how long til i can create a new thread, why dont they say how long til you can add a thread isnt logical
  • Options
    mynameisnommynameisnom Member Posts: 639 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    neonchilli wrote: »
    i tested this temporal starship trait bug on another delta alt, its the same, so warning to all, do not choose to accept the trait if you already have it, as you cant cancel the claim even with logging out, and cant claim any other delta reward, id post this bug to the GMs, but dont see an option to and i cant create a post on the forum due im new, and they dont say how long til i can create a new thread, why dont they say how long til you can add a thread isnt logical

From what I've seen, it's saying you can't claim it because you have no room in your inventory. Have you tried clearing your inventory then relogging?
    [SIGPIC]http://s286.photobucket.com/user/parasite_12000/media/jub_zps9318ae82.jpg.html[/SIGPIC]
    stoutes wrote: »
    Those fish are much like their masters, filthy backstabbers... All battlecloaked fish, waiting for the right moment...
    The boss being a gigantic Winter Epohh Researcher. As you lay waste to the Epohh Horde, she can occasionally cry out things like, "Didn't you want an Epohh friend?"
  • Options
    mynameisnommynameisnom Member Posts: 639 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    wotertool wrote: »
    Hello,

What are the best space traits that Bridge Officers can have? And what kind of Bride Officers have them?

For example when flying a Sci FED, what Species should he focus for his BOs, or same for Romulan-KDF aligned? Do they all stack or just a few?

For any, really fed Klingon or rom, romulan operatives, or Superior to ulna operative. For Klingons and Federation, you have to get them from the embassy, for romuland you have to use the exchange, it increases crit chance and severity by quite a bit. Leadership no longer stacks, nausicaan damage boost is negligible, subterfuge is eh
    [SIGPIC]http://s286.photobucket.com/user/parasite_12000/media/jub_zps9318ae82.jpg.html[/SIGPIC]
    stoutes wrote: »
    Those fish are much like their masters, filthy backstabbers... All battlecloaked fish, waiting for the right moment...
    The boss being a gigantic Winter Epohh Researcher. As you lay waste to the Epohh Horde, she can occasionally cry out things like, "Didn't you want an Epohh friend?"
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    From what I've seen, it's saying you can't claim it because you have no room in your inventory. Have you tried clearing your inventory then relogging?

yeah inventory was almost empty, relogged after an hour of being logged off, the problem is i already have the trait that im trying to claim, wo im getting the 'claiming' thats constantly failing and no way of canceling that i know of, tested this on another alt, same thing, its a bug that has been overlooked but will suck for any new deltas doing the same thing.
  • Options
    edgarus197edgarus197 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    how do i use my crystal shards in event reputation. it is not showing me any way to do so.I have 18 shards
  • Options
    arieste2arieste2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hello again,

Hit 50 yesterday after about a week of play, but still pretty much a clueless noob.

Would like to get some advice on what to do with all the free reputation tokens i got.

Mainly, i want to know whether i should do the 1hr reputation projects, seems like ONLY doing the 20hr one is a bigger payoff in terms of gaining rep.

Also, i'm yet to pick which rep tokens i get for some of my rewards, are some reps much harder to get (through normal means) than others? (Thereby making them the ones better to pick for free)
  • Options
    lordprimbrokelordprimbroke Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hi!

Tonight I was awarded a shuttle. So duly headed in and claimed the shuttle and did all that. When I beamed back to my ship, I was no longer on my ship, but now in the shuttle. I can't see any obvious way of getting back to the ship from the shuttle. I tried going to the bridge and then back. Even went back to the ship requisitions officer to make sure there wasn't something I had overlooked.

Any suggestions?

Cheers
  • Options
    belidosbelidos Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Go speak to a ship selector and to the bottom left of the screen will be two tick boxes saying something like Large Ship and Small Ship, or something like that, tick the box for the small ship and it puts you in your shuttle.
  • Options
    itsnottakenitsnottaken Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hi, so I was trying to complete Field Promotions, but when I go on full impulse into the section I am supposed too, it still says I have not completed it. I cant progress and this is frustrating. Any help?
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    neonchilli wrote: »
    yeah inventory was almost empty, relogged after an hour of being logged off, the problem is i already have the trait that im trying to claim, wo im getting the 'claiming' thats constantly failing and no way of canceling that i know of, tested this on another alt, same thing, its a bug that has been overlooked but will suck for any new deltas doing the same thing.

Are you in a t5u or t6 ship? I can't tell from the screenshot, but are you level 50+?

You can't use ship traits before these conditions are met, I wonder if that is the issue.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Hi, so I was trying to complete Field Promotions, but when I go on full impulse into the section I am supposed too, it still says I have not completed it. I cant progress and this is frustrating. Any help?

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Mission:_Field_Promotions?cookieSetup=true

Get close to the ship and a popup window will tell you to "hit f to scan ship"
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    arieste2 wrote: »
    Hello again,

Hit 50 yesterday after about a week of play, but still pretty much a clueless noob.

Would like to get some advice on what to do with all the free reputation tokens i got.

Mainly, i want to know whether i should do the 1hr reputation projects, seems like ONLY doing the 20hr one is a bigger payoff in terms of gaining rep.

Also, i'm yet to pick which rep tokens i get for some of my rewards, are some reps much harder to get (through normal means) than others? (Thereby making them the ones better to pick for free)
    Omega are hard for new players and easy for veterans. Delta and counter command are frustrating for some people. Nukara, romulan and dyson are all very easy.

In general, you need 1,200 marks to max a reputation plus 25 more for the "claim tier 1,2,3,4,5" so you get the rewards. After one character gets max you can "sponsor" your other characters so they need half as many marks.

Which reputation gear is best for you depends on your favorite ship and how you like to play. Your captain type is irrelevant for this.

Omega:
    Most people find omega has the most stuff they want. At a bare minimum, it has the fastest engines on the game, plus the console and kinetic cutting beam are extremely popular.
    All the ground sets are awesome, though the Klingon honor guard (assimilated maco for federation) is particularly effective with its heal and massive aoe damage.
    The assimilated engine + deflector give great self healing and the fastest speed traveling at warp.
    The maco shield is one of the best in the game and especially for tanks or science ships that like to drain power.
    The honor guard engines are immune to disables (tholians, hierarchy, vaadwaur, etc) thanks to their hot restart ability.
    None of the sets are worth getting all three pieces, but lots of them are great if you get two bits.

Romulan:
    Easiest to earn marks for most people. One epohh will get you 400 marks. It has no "elite mark".

There is a story arc linked to this reputation you can only unlock by ranking to tier 5

Romulan plasma is pretty much the second best damage in the game being antiproton, and wonderful in teams. The " experimental beam array" is a must for plasma beam ships as it uses zero weapon power, greatly boosting your other guns as a result.
    The zero point energy console is helpful for every ship. The hyperplasma toedo is very situational. It is always high yield, so can be shot down or dodged. But it rocks vs the Borg.
    The reman shields have the highest points of any shield in game. But the reman and romulan sets are meh otherwise.
    Elite scorpion fighters are the best fighters you can get for any carrier without frigate pets.

Nukara:
    Easy to get marks solo. Again, no elite mark.
    Shield and deflector are currently very popular on high damage beam ships. The engine is garbage.
    Web mines are fun, but not really powerful
    The console is a must for science ships except for torp builds
    These are the only ground sets with melee weapons and space suits. They're not great, but don't suck either.
    Tetryon weapons need a buff, get them only for fun or to have a theme build.

Dyson sphere:
    The easyiest marks of all to get via the dyson battlezone. Voth cybernetics are the elite mark, given out like candy in the battlezone.

There is a story arc (cutscenes only, no missions) you can only experience if you unlock all 5 tiers of this reputation. The finale gives you a unique voth bridge officer (purple science).

Ground set is amazing for any captain that likes engineer turrets and sitting still.
    The space set is interesting for any ship that uses a lot of science powers, but its not truly top notch.
    Polaron Rep weapons are excellent for any drain build, especially the winter sartheln carrier. Proton rep weapons are utter garbage.
    Special sci consoles have interesting powers but half the usual bonus, so they are fun but you'll eventually want to graduate to embassy fleet replacements. Use the free ones, don't buy these.
    The gravimetric photon torpedo is spectacular. Especially for anyone using cannons and/or gravity well.
    The generic engineering consoles are vendor trash.

Counter command aka undine aka 8472:
    Easy to get marks in the space battlezone and ground queues. Do NOT try the space queues without researching proper strategy and builds on the forum and youtube first, and be prepared for more fails than wins, and even the wins give horrible rewards for how hard these are.
    The ground gun is weak but pretty. The armor is a must have for bugmhunt or anyone using the zephram Cochrane shotgun.
    The space set is great for people who want phasers on feds and disruptors on Klingons, but who won't nerdrage over green phasers.
    The generic tactical consoles are utter vendor trash, don't even think about using them, it is NEVER worth while.
    The two set consoles are situationally useful. In particular the hydrodynamic compensator is one of very few that combine damage and turn rate, great for cruisers. Again feds who want phasers should give a serious look to these sets. Andmklingons using disruptors.
    The neutronic torpedo is a must have item in science drain builds as there only torpedo that drains power.
    The heavy turret is a must have item for any disruptor or phaser ship.

Delta:
    The marks are super easy to get at the kobali battlezone or from bug hunt. Space queues are hard and fail often. Ancient power cells are hard to get without bug hunt. You can get some from kobali battlezone, but it's not easy and only one or two a day.
    The ground set looks like a stormtrooper. Its pretty solid and deals respectable damage, but hard to get excited about.
    The thoron infused proc sucks. I consider all these vendor trash weapons.
    The bioneural circuits console is handy for almost any ship, but the longer cool down science and intel powers benefit the most from it or drake builds that maintain 100% uptime on both emergency power to shields and weapons at once.
    The space set otherwise is nothing special, though it is nice if you hate being slowed or held or drained. And it does give plenty of bonus power and 3 pieces give a nice turn and speed boost. Generally it is for the tank that has survival/heals covered with boffs and just needs resists to ignore enemy control powers.

In general, every ship will benefit from the romulan, omega and sometimes the delta consoles. Science and beam ships will want the nukara console too. If you have the omega console, you want the cutting beam to go with it (everyone except pure torpedo ships).

I do recommend maxing every reputation as assuming you get no gear, but just max them out, they give you a combined 249,000 dilithium for reaching tier 5.

Only take the1 hr project if you are trying to stocile weapons from that rep (like romulan plasma or dyson polaron or counter command phaser/disruptor). However AFTER tier 5, the hourly starts giving 340 dilithium and is very good to run over and over.
  • Options
    lk121lk121 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Omega are hard for new players and easy for veterans. Delta and counter command are frustrating for some people. Nukara, romulan and dyson are all very easy.

In general, you need 1,200 marks to max a reputation plus 25 more for the "claim tier 1,2,3,4,5" so you get the rewards. After one character gets max you can "sponsor" your other characters so they need half as many marks.

Which reputation gear is best for you depends on your favorite ship and how you like to play. Your captain type is irrelevant for this.

Omega:
    Most people find omega has the most stuff they want. At a bare minimum, it has the fastest engines on the game, plus the console and kinetic cutting beam are extremely popular.
    All the ground sets are awesome, though the Klingon honor guard (assimilated maco for federation) is particularly effective with its heal and massive aoe damage.
    The assimilated engine + deflector give great self healing and the fastest speed traveling at warp.
    The maco shield is one of the best in the game and especially for tanks or science ships that like to drain power.
    The honor guard engines are immune to disables (tholians, hierarchy, vaadwaur, etc) thanks to their hot restart ability.
    None of the sets are worth getting all three pieces, but lots of them are great if you get two bits.

Romulan:
    Easiest to earn marks for most people. One epohh will get you 400 marks. It has no "elite mark".

There is a story arc linked to this reputation you can only unlock by ranking to tier 5

Romulan plasma is pretty much the second best damage in the game being antiproton, and wonderful in teams. The " experimental beam array" is a must for plasma beam ships as it uses zero weapon power, greatly boosting your other guns as a result.
    The zero point energy console is helpful for every ship. The hyperplasma toedo is very situational. It is always high yield, so can be shot down or dodged. But it rocks vs the Borg.
    The reman shields have the highest points of any shield in game. But the reman and romulan sets are meh otherwise.
    Elite scorpion fighters are the best fighters you can get for any carrier without frigate pets.

Nukara:
    Easy to get marks solo. Again, no elite mark.
    Shield and deflector are currently very popular on high damage beam ships. The engine is garbage.
    Web mines are fun, but not really powerful
    The console is a must for science ships except for torp builds
    These are the only ground sets with melee weapons and space suits. They're not great, but don't suck either.
    Tetryon weapons need a buff, get them only for fun or to have a theme build.

Dyson sphere:
    The easyiest marks of all to get via the dyson battlezone. Voth cybernetics are the elite mark, given out like candy in the battlezone.

There is a story arc (cutscenes only, no missions) you can only experience if you unlock all 5 tiers of this reputation. The finale gives you a unique voth bridge officer (purple science).

Ground set is amazing for any captain that likes engineer turrets and sitting still.
    The space set is interesting for any ship that uses a lot of science powers, but its not truly top notch.
    Polaron Rep weapons are excellent for any drain build, especially the winter sartheln carrier. Proton rep weapons are utter garbage.
    Special sci consoles have interesting powers but half the usual bonus, so they are fun but you'll eventually want to graduate to embassy fleet replacements. Use the free ones, don't buy these.
    The gravimetric photon torpedo is spectacular. Especially for anyone using cannons and/or gravity well.
    The generic engineering consoles are vendor trash.

Counter command aka undine aka 8472:
    Easy to get marks in the space battlezone and ground queues. Do NOT try the space queues without researching proper strategy and builds on the forum and youtube first, and be prepared for more fails than wins, and even the wins give horrible rewards for how hard these are.
    The ground gun is weak but pretty. The armor is a must have for bugmhunt or anyone using the zephram Cochrane shotgun.
    The space set is great for people who want phasers on feds and disruptors on Klingons, but who won't nerdrage over green phasers.
    The generic tactical consoles are utter vendor trash, don't even think about using them, it is NEVER worth while.
    The two set consoles are situationally useful. In particular the hydrodynamic compensator is one of very few that combine damage and turn rate, great for cruisers. Again feds who want phasers should give a serious look to these sets. Andmklingons using disruptors.
    The neutronic torpedo is a must have item in science drain builds as there only torpedo that drains power.
    The heavy turret is a must have item for any disruptor or phaser ship.

Delta:
    The marks are super easy to get at the kobali battlezone or from bug hunt. Space queues are hard and fail often. Ancient power cells are hard to get without bug hunt. You can get some from kobali battlezone, but it's not easy and only one or two a day.
    The ground set looks like a stormtrooper. Its pretty solid and deals respectable damage, but hard to get excited about.
    The thoron infused proc sucks. I consider all these vendor trash weapons.
    The bioneural circuits console is handy for almost any ship, but the longer cool down science and intel powers benefit the most from it or drake builds that maintain 100% uptime on both emergency power to shields and weapons at once.
    The space set otherwise is nothing special, though it is nice if you hate being slowed or held or drained. And it does give plenty of bonus power and 3 pieces give a nice turn and speed boost. Generally it is for the tank that has survival/heals covered with boffs and just needs resists to ignore enemy control powers.

In general, every ship will benefit from the romulan, omega and sometimes the delta consoles. Science and beam ships will want the nukara console too. If you have the omega console, you want the cutting beam to go with it (everyone except pure torpedo ships).

I do recommend maxing every reputation as assuming you get no gear, but just max them out, they give you a combined 249,000 dilithium for reaching tier 5.

Only take the1 hr project if you are trying to stocile weapons from that rep (like romulan plasma or dyson polaron or counter command phaser/disruptor). However AFTER tier 5, the hourly starts giving 340 dilithium and is very good to run over and over.

This is TREMENDOUSLY helpful. Thank you so very much for taking the time to write such a comprehensive guide.
  • Options
    lk121lk121 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This may sound silly: How can I access the account bank between my characters? Is it something that needs to be purchased or is it a free feature?

Thank you in advance for your help in the matter.
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    lk121 wrote: »
    This may sound silly: How can I access the account bank between my characters? Is it something that needs to be purchased or is it a free feature?

Thank you in advance for your help in the matter.

Unfortunately, the Account Bank is not free. There are two ways to buy it.

#1 - Purchase it from the C-Store for 1,000 Zen ($10 USD) in the Services tab.

#2 - Subscribe to the game for at least 1 month; $15 USD.

I recommend #2 because you get a lot of perks when you sub for even just 1 month.

+ 6 bank and personal inventory slots at every 10th level each toon levels up to. That means 36 bank & inventory slots for a toon that has reached level 60. This is retroactive meaning if you already have a level 60 toon when you sub, that toon will get all the slots

+ 1 Captain Retrain Token every time you accept a promotion while you are subbing. This is not retroactive.

+ You get 1 extra character slot.

+ If you have not purchased the EC Cap Remover (forgot the cost) which increases your EC cap limit from 10 million to 1 billion. This only lasts as long as you sub. If you already purchased the EC Cap Remover, then nothing changes.

+ The Account Bank itself.
  • Options
    vindicivuotovindicivuoto Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Does anyone know if cluster torpedoes work with the torpedo exploit mechanic from the command specialization?
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Does anyone know if cluster torpedoes work with the torpedo exploit mechanic from the command specialization?

Cluster torpedoes should work with exploit. They do not work with spread, high yield or teleport boff powers.
  • Options
    vindicivuotovindicivuoto Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Thanks, gavinruneblade. I've just noticed, the tooltips on my Breen and Vaadwaur torp icons seem to agree with you.
  • Options
    zacharynoahtideszacharynoahtides Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I've come back and started a new character for Delta Recruit event, and got my first kit (photon grenade), but I can't use it! I tried dragging the kit down (after equipping it) to my bar/tray, but it's not going in, and I can't see any other obvious way to activate it.

Thanks
  • Options
    takfeltakfel Member Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I purchased a fleet module to upgrade my T6 iconic cruiser, but do not see a shipyard anywhere at the fleet space station or in the fleet tab. Do I need to join a fleet with a shipyard?

Where can I read about Fleet perks/content such as the dilithium mine? I checked the STO wiki and found nothing. I must be using the wiki wrong.

Edit: I'm asking here because I am new to fleet content and do not know how to communicate with the fleet, besides the mail system.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    takfel wrote: »
    I purchased a fleet module to upgrade my T6 iconic cruiser, but do not see a shipyard anywhere at the fleet space station or in the fleet tab. Do I need to join a fleet with a shipyard?

Where can I read about Fleet perks/content such as the dilithium mine? I checked the STO wiki and found nothing. I must be using the wiki wrong.

Edit: I'm asking here because I am new to fleet content and do not know how to communicate with the fleet, besides the mail system.
    This list should help. It shows all the ships and what level of upgrade the fleet needs to have to be able to buy it.
    http://sto.gamepedia.com/Fleet_Ship_Module

Yes you need to be in a fleet, and the fleet has to have developed their shipyard to the correct level/tier. Additionally you need 20,000 fleet credits from donating to projects and your fleet needs to have enough ship provisions. Some fleets have rules about who can and who cannot use provisions.

Once you have everything you need, you visit the ship and shuttle requisitions vendor and buy your new ship. You are not "upgrading" your existing ship, you are buying a new one.

After purchasing it you need to visit the ship selector and move your gear over, and in the stations tab of your character set your bridge officers. Finally on your fist trip to space you need to clean up your power trays.

As for the rest of the fleet benefits, here is the summary page from the wiki:
    http://sto.gamepedia.com/Fleet#Fleet_Advancement_System
  • Options
    billdunbilldun Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Does anyone see a problem with this?

http://oi62.tinypic.com/25tdmc0.jpg
  • Options
    kovakrinkovakrin Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hi,

I need to know how/when my fleet gets a conference table on their starbase. Can you help me find out?
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    billdun wrote: »
    Does anyone see a problem with this?

Not really. It looks like the first one critted (increase of 75k to compared to 50k on the others). What do you think is off?
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    kovakrin wrote: »
    Hi,

I need to know how/when my fleet gets a conference table on their starbase. Can you help me find out?
    http://sto.gamepedia.com/List_of_starbase_projects

You need the optional project "where decisions are made". It goes in the bottom row and costs 200,000 dilithium.
  • Options
    billdunbilldun Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Not really. It looks like the first one critted (increase of 75k to compared to 50k on the others). What do you think is off?

Here's the same item earlier in the upgrade:

http://oi59.tinypic.com/rus22r.jpg

Note the 20% chance of a rarity upgrade, which is exactly what you'd expect (5% for VR x Omega).

The chance in the first pic is 5%. Shouldn't it be 10% (2.5% for UR x Omega), or does the chance for a quality upgrade get cut in half at Mk 14?
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    billdun wrote: »
    Here's the same item earlier in the upgrade:

Note the 20% chance of a rarity upgrade, which is exactly what you'd expect (5% for VR x Omega).

The chance in the first pic is 5%. Shouldn't it be 10% (2.5% for UR x Omega), or does the chance for a quality upgrade get cut in half at Mk 14?

The chance gets reduced at certain marks and drastically at each quality. Also, that link goes to the exact same picture for me.

That said, I have seen, but can't reliably reproduce and I didn't get screenshots, items drop back to 0% after being put in the bank. So, by memory, I had a torpedo with a 3% chance to increase quality, dropped it in the bank and two days later when I had more kits, it said 0% chance to improve quality. I know that has to be a bug, but no documentation means I'm screwed.