Comments

• morden613morden613 Member Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    [deleted response, sometimes it's best to walk away]
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    morden613 wrote: »
    Without resorting to a long rant that nobody gives a TRIBBLE about:
    The management do not even warn you if you break a rule unintentionally, and just kick you (and expect you to know what you did), therefore I cannot recommend their channel.
    (What if someone is unaware they're breaking a rule, or their interpretation of the rules is different? What if someone needs a little clarification?)

The management style is very heavy-handed and anal-retentive.
    (It doesn't take but a few seconds to personally contact someone and warn them, now does it? It's called people skills.)
    I've known fleets that were like this, sadly to say.

I suggest others look elsewhere for their fleet needs.

^^ I'm hearing the petty sound of an axe grinding.

NoP is a great service! Some people say it's a Dental scam, or other folks with equally sinister motives, but the Truth is that NoP has never been but consisting of the most genuinely friendly, helpful people in STO. I used their channel a lot for Cell ship access.

I dunno STO politics (primarily, really, because I don't care to know). But I know NoP is legit, and I have nothing but positive to say about it.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The FED Fleet, Kights of Nimbus III will be providing 40 free Fleet Ship provisions in NoP Public service after the update, in support of this wonderful channel.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • morden613morden613 Member Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    [deleted]

/10char
  • spacegoatcx#8996 spacegoatcx Member Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The sound of an axe grinding, yes but I have better things to do...
    I wouldn't call it "petty", however. That's where we disagree. That's like saying I have no basis for complaint whatsoever.

I also sang their praises far and wide, up until now. I really liked the channel and what they stood for.
    But it doesn't take long before you see people's true colours.......

Whatever though. It is what it is. Nothing will be accomplished by repeatedly bashing my head against a wall, now will it?

I have no quarrel with anyone who uses this channel. However, I will not be one of them.
    That's all I have to say, there's no point continuing this.

Hey,

First off, to second Lago, NoP has one rule, you broke it.

Also, I know for a fact that you were warned about it, multiple times in fact, over several days.

You chose to ignore it, and override previous kicks afterwards, because it just did not suit you that you might be at fault for your own attitudes and actions and clearly deserve special treatment.

I have also seen myself, and heard from others, that you tend to just be a complete child while doing things like Defera runs, throwing fits over every little thing that you cannot either control or dictate.

While I admit that spamming the mod who kicked you this time (I know at least 2 others have previously, myself included, after you ignored warnings) with 4 mails in rapid succession (a few minutes apart) trying tactics ranging from guilting,denying, apologetic begging,to throwing a hissy fit, is absolutely hillarious, it sort of tells people everything they need to know about this situation.

My advice: Grow up. Read the rules. Listen to warnings. Deal with personal responsibility. Get over yourself.

Should you master the above, feel free to come back to the channel.
    FvMLllF.jpg
  • spacegoatcx#8996 spacegoatcx Member Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    cidjack wrote: »
    The FED Fleet, Kights of Nimbus III will be providing 40 free Fleet Ship provisions in NoP Public service after the update, in support of this wonderful channel.

It's really nice seeing others do whatever they can for the community alongside us. Thank you kindly from NoP/SFD.
    FvMLllF.jpg
  • rgzarcherrgzarcher Member Posts: 320 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    As the above have made clear, there is one rule and one rule only.

Though if it helps I ask that anyone using the NoP remember this simple little trick.

NoP stands for both the name of the fleet/channel (Nerds of Prey) as well as the one rule, namely No one Profits.

If you are trying to make any personal gain on the channel, you'll get a warning, then you get das boot.
    "Why all the sales"?

And a merry freaking Christmas to you too, Ebenezer.
    -jonsills, 'Cryptic Why the sales..instead of Fixing XP leveling and this game?'
  • russianhelperrussianhelper Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    "Seriously dude", all you needed to do was talk to me. It's called people skills. Look them up sometime.
    You'd be surprised what being nice and not uptight can accomplish.

PS: There are two rules, actually. Now who's wrong?

I do not care. I'm not arguing this with you.
    If you had spoken to me in the first place, we wouldn't be having this lovely conversation.
    (Like I said, sometimes people genuinely don't know they're breaking a rule.)

I'd rather be somewhere less stressful where people are kinder, and oh look, I've already found a place.
    So your point is moot. If this is the way you treat people, I want no part of it, so is there a point to arguing? No.
    I'm not the only one in the wrong here. You just refuse to understand that you're also wrong.
    (I love people who think they're always right. There's just no talking sense to them. It's everyone else who's wrong.)

Have a lovely day.

To put it into context for everyone: You had one of your hissyfits in the presence of a mod. When he asked someone in the group to do something, which wasn't even directed at you, you instantly accused the group members of ganging up on you. You placed them all on ignore, and kept PMing them with rage tells.

This this is not the type of people that we desire to have in NoP Public Service channel. You may be allowed back if you change your attitude. However in your case you appear to be very self-absorbed, so I very much doubt this will happen.

Perhaps the lesson you will learn here is that you should always treat everyone with courtesy and respect, because you never know who you will come across.

Edit: There are very few people who have gotten banned for their extremely poor attitudes and generally childish behavior. This is something that is considered and discussed very carefully before taking any action. So you should understand just how terrible your conduct really was to have earned something like this.
  • smithosasmithosa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    nice thread I may try to get to this channel or whatever sometime if I can i'm not sure how that works exactly to be honest
    edited April 2015
    smithosa wrote: »
    nice thread I may try to get to this channel or whatever sometime if I can i'm not sure how that works exactly to be honest

while in game, type /channel_join NoP Public Service
    edited April 2015
    [deleted response, sometimes it's best to walk away]

LMFTFY: "deleted response, sometimes it's best to walk away in shame"
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm curious, and I want to ask now before I try and do so:

What's the channel's policy on anyone providing crafting services? Of course no payments like anything else. But I can't really afford to 'give away' things. As in, I'd ask for people to provide whatever materials are needed for whatever they are wanting me to make, as buying it would get very expensive, and I simply don't have that amount of resources to spare.

Would that still be too far, too against what the channel is about? I use that above with my fleet: They provide me whatever is needed for whatever is they want, and in turn I make it and send it back to them.

I understand that such a system has no end of potential abuses. That's why I want to ask and make sure right now, so there's no confusion. I mean, just in the fact that you can't guarantee what mods or rarity an item is already leads to a potential for abuse, let alone many other things that could be abused in this.

As another note: My fleet can also provide everything Fed-side, having a fully finished Fed base. I can't promise always being on or anything, but I will do what I can.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • smithosasmithosa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    while in game, type /channel_join NoP Public Service

ok thanks alot sir I will try that when I get in game, also is there guilds or something that I can join on this channel
  • tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    smithosa wrote: »
    ok thanks alot sir I will try that when I get in game, also is there guilds or something that I can join on this channel

there are heaps. just ask in the channel and i have no doubt people will send you invites.
    yes! our NoP Public Service thread is still here <3
  • gardatgardat Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I wholeheartedly endorse NoP Public Service as a channel. You can't beat free and friendly.

Oh hey my post count was wiped. Cool I guess?
    486 DX2/66Mhz, 4MB SD-RAM, 16KB L-1 cache, 120MB HDD, 3.5" FDD, 2x CD-ROM, 8-Bit Soundblaster Pro, IBM Model M PS/2 keyboard, Microsoft trackball mouse, 256KB S3 graphics chip, 14" VGA CRT monitor, MS-DOS 6.22
  • lagomorphiclagomorphic Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    Lago's Guide to Not Getting Muted in NoP Public Service

These are the rules, follow them:

1) No buying, selling or trading.
    Breaking this rule, even once will earn you a mute and a kick. A warning may be issued instead at the channel moderators sole discretion. When we say "one rule" this is the one we mean.

2) Be polite.
    This rule by it's very nature is a bit subjective. Violations are almost entirely handled by issuing a polite warning. Mutes may be issued if said warning is ignored.

Other guidelines:
    If you break a rule and get called out on it simply apologize and stop breaking the rules. This will save you from moderation an overwhelming majority of the time. Do not double down. Do not try to lawyer.

Do not accuse the person calling you out of pretending to be a moderator. Any channel user that sees someone breaking the rules is allowed to call them out on it.

Don't try to get cute about rule 1. Using weasel words like "tip", "donations", etc to pretend you are not flagrantly violating rule 1 all but ensures that the channel moderators will forgo any kind of warning.

edited June 2015
    after talking with a few t5 fleets today, its pretty clear that, in the event of another two-track holding (like the embassy, mine, and spire), we will be dividing our efforts. we will pulling out all the stops and maxing tracks as fast as humanly possible. so if youre in a fleet that you think might take a while to finish up, urge your fleet leaders to prioritise provisions!
  • thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    We still have to have the correct Tier of Shipyard in our Fleets to buy ships at other Fleets?
    We still have to have the correct Tier of Shipyard in our Fleets to buy ships at other Fleets?
    for whatever reason, ship terminals/npcs always belong to your own fleet. so if you want a t5 fleet ship and your fleet is only t4, you will need to temporarily leave your fleet, join the t5 fleet long enough to use the terminal, then get an invite back to your fleet.

it takes a bit more effort than a simple map invite, but its still something that happens every day on the channel.

• thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    What if we own the Fleet would that still work?
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    Always a big TYVM, to the folks of NoP Public Services! o:)
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

edited June 2015
    What if we own the Fleet would that still work?

provided you have a second toon with leader rank, sure.
    you can send an invite to your own offline toons using the 'invite' button from the fleet roster page. give it a test.

Always a big TYVM, to the folks of NoP Public Services! o:)

always a pleasure :)
  • alethkiraenalethkiraen Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    Lago's Guide to Not Getting Muted in NoP Public Service

Breaking this rule, even once will earn you a mute and a kick. A warning may be issued instead at the channel moderators sole discretion. When we say "one rule" this is the one we mean.

2) Be polite.
    This rule by it's very nature is a bit subjective. Violations are almost entirely handled by issuing a polite warning. Mutes may be issued if said warning is ignored.

Other guidelines:
    If you break a rule and get called out on it simply apologize and stop breaking the rules. This will save you from moderation an overwhelming majority of the time. Do not double down. Do not try to lawyer.

Do not accuse the person calling you out of pretending to be a moderator. Any channel user that sees someone breaking the rules is allowed to call them out on it.

Don't try to get cute about rule 1. Using weasel words like "tip", "donations", etc to pretend you are not flagrantly violating rule 1 all but ensures that the channel moderators will forgo any kind of warning.

This is a good post. Please remember that we try to keep any channel moderation to an absolute minimum and find that generally this approach works!
    fRhmZXV.gif
    To boldly funk where no-one has funked before.
    This is a good post. Please remember that we try to keep any channel moderation to an absolute minimum and find that generally this approach works!

indeed.
    its not tax law. just dont come into the channel looking to buy or sell. it really is that simple.
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    All I can say, is they have been a really big help to myself and, to others as well so, again a big TYVM goes out to these folks!
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

Someone didn't read my guide:
    [NoP Public Service] goofus@redacted: LF T5 KDF fleet willing to take me in long enough to get a Fleet Vo'quv. Willing to make a donation to compensate. Message me plz

[Tell] To goofus@redacted: hey you're breaking channel rules

[Tell] goofus@redacted: fine

[Tell] goofus@redacted: what the <bleep> ever

[Tell] goofus@redacted: oh its agains channel rules to do waht i want to do... <bleep>ing primadonas in this game...

[System] @redacted is ignoring you.

[System] Permissions for @redacted in "NoP Public Service" changed: Muted.

[System] Permissions for @redacted in "NoP Public Service" changed: Kicked.

Names changed to protect the terminally dumb. This is pretty much a textbook example of talking your way out a warning and a free fleet ship and into a mute/kick. Don't be like this goofus.
  • alethkiraenalethkiraen Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    There always have to be one or two like that, but mostly people are fine in the channel if you point out that they're breaking the 'no buying/selling' rule and will stop it. Quite often they do it because it's what they have come to expect from previous experience in trying to buy fleet gear from people and they just don't realise that 'free' really does mean free!
    fRhmZXV.gif
    To boldly funk where no-one has funked before.
  • kristaswiftkristaswift Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    Free FED/KDF t5 base-invites, cell/tuffli invites, boff-training, and more!
    now one-year old and 10,000 members strong!

join an active channel free of ego, unnecessary rules, and heavy-handed moderation.
    join the largest channel in sto!
    join a channel that is public and not private!
    join a channel where we share top tier holdings, freighter-invites, practical advice, and years of sto knowledge.

/channel_join NoP Public Service
    (type that into chat to join the channel)

many fleets are here every single day giving away free invites, allowing you access to top-shelf mine, embassy, spire, and base store consoles, boffs, weapons, etc.

how does this work?
    its the mechanics of sto fleet stores.
    the base, the mine, the embassy, and the spire all work this way: you enjoy the access-level of the fleet that owns the terminal you are using, yet all your purchases are deducted from your own fleets pool of provisions. for that reason you must be in a fleet (any fleet), have permissions to use your own fleet store and your own fleet must have the provisions to cover whatever purchases you wish to make.

the only exception to this is fleet ships, which would require you to actually join the higher tier fleet and use their ship provisions. thats why 'free ships' require more patience.

FuturePastNow (one of the most prolific t5-inviters in sto) has gone into great detail regarding fleet-store mechanics.

CHANNEL RULES:

1) no buying or selling, full stop. this includes anything that can even resemble a sale: no bartering, suggested donations, reimbursement for provisions, offering incentives, offering to pay, 'price-checking', etc. if it looks like you are so much as hinting to buy or sell, you might get a warning before being muted.
    2) be polite

in case that isnt clear enough:

2) Be polite.

Other guidelines:

Is there a "join and armada" for free? Some are planning to charge to help smaller fleets for the benefit of being in armada since the bonuses are pathetic?
    Anyone trying to charge for anything (including armada memberships) in NoP PS is gonna get run out pretty quickly. Starfleet Dental and Nerds of Prey will be taking part in the armada system. We will not be charging for armada membership or donations. I'm sure plenty of other inviters in the channel will be doing the same.

I don't think NoP PS is going to be the best place for working out armada memberships though. I believe our current plan will be to use the fleet section of these forums for our recruitment. Of course everything is subject to change until we get final details on who the system will work.
This discussion has been closed.