Options

The Dead Star Empire

Comments

• Options
    protogothprotogoth Member Posts: 2,369 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    tolmarius wrote: »
    Sela meanwhile? How about:
    "Hey, Sela! Check and see if Taris grabbed a ledge when she fell!" *Raises plasma rifle*

Not for me. I want her to see me shoot her.
    Wasn't she tricked by Hakeev? I thought her whole goal was to convince the Iconians to undo Hobus and restore the Star Empire.

So Taris claimed -- in one mission, as far as I remember. But her claim does not necessarily reflect the truth.

I believe Taris should have had a trial. Sela had the opportunity for one and escaped. So I take that as an admission of guilt and will not hesitate to kill her, if Cryptic ever gives me the chance. *grumble*
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    How about a simple tap on the shoulder - - Present Taris to Past Taris? "Hey, if I were you...and I am YOU...I wouldn't mess with that Hobus thing Hakeev told you about. He's LYING to you. You will destroy the entire Homeworld system and murder BILLIONS of Romulans....here's a tricoder with all the video proof you need."

"Oh, and here's a disruptor pistol to go shoot Hakeev in the face..."

:P
    While that sounds great.... who knows?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    You know elements of the old RSE trying to change the past to prevent Romulus' destruction (i.e. Taris). It should also be clear where the Romulan Republic stands in that it would rather keep Romulus destroyed with countless Romulan/Reman lives lost.

WHAT?!?

Just talk to the Temporal Defense NPC by D'Tan at the Romulan Flotilla:

"There are many points in the past some Romulans want to change. The destruction of Romulus and Remus being just one of them. Of course, changing these events could erase everything we have earned!"

D'Tan must have been giggling like a schoolgirl when Romulus and Remus went up in smoke :D
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    You know elements of the old RSE trying to change the past to prevent Romulus' destruction (i.e. Taris). It should also be clear where the Romulan Republic stands in that it would rather keep Romulus destroyed with countless Romulan/Reman lives lost.

WHAT?!?

"There are many points in the past some Romulans want to change. The destruction of Romulus and Remus being just one of them. Of course, changing these events could erase everything we have earned!"

D'Tan must have been giggling like a schoolgirl when Romulus and Remus went up in smoke :D

Going back to change the past is never a good idea. You just don't know what else is going to TRIBBLE up.

Frankly, there is a chance that the Tal Shiar would've went all-out with their 'experiments,' and even more Romulans and Remans would've been killed over time.

But this is, and always will be, the strength of the Romulan people - give us a challenge, and we'll make something of it. Give us devastation, and somehow we'll stand up even stronger.
  • Options
    edited April 2015

WHAT?!?

No depth of propaganda is too low for the imperialists and Tal'Shiar sympathizers, eh? No action, no matter how sane, if done in the name of the Republic, can possibly be good in their eyes. No, they must twist and re-purpose every statement, action, consequence, into something nefarious, perverse, or worthy of mockery.

warmaker, aptly named, are you a member of the House of Torg, seeking to perpetuate the war between RSE and NRR, in an effort to encourage more bellicose and dishonored elements of the Klingon Empire to swoop in and annihilate both, hoping to reclaim honor and seize political power?

See how easy it is to twist the words of another into something questionable? Perhaps you should re-purpose yourself, and seek the larger challenges, rather than further dishonor yourself with these distortions of the truth.
  • Options
    anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    They do if they need it to survive on the planet. Tholians are extremely fragile, and die almost instantly in environments most races consider 'normal'.

When your environmental suit is the only thing standing between you and excruciating death, you'll want a weapon to protect yourself.

The Warriguls native to Dewa III, for instance, are (based on their stats) about three times as deadly as the War Targs routinely used by klingons.

As part of the mission, the captain sees a pack of native predators that have been scared off by the Tholians.

If you replay the mission, you will find that the Tholians don't shoot on sight. Quite the contrary! After your heavily armed party chases them to their excavation site, they warn you that they will protect themselves with lethal force.

At that point, your captain's objective changes to 'defeat the Tholians', and they become flagged as 'enemies'.

The Tholians are trapped in a dead-end valley. They cannot retreat.

But they don't advance upon you either. It is only after your band of heavily armed intruders closes to weapons range with intent to kill that the Tholians open fire.

People say that Tholians are xenophobic. But look at how other races in Star Trek Online respond to them. Consistently - and exclusively - with violence, and without provocation.

I'll give another couple of examples:

Azure Nebula Rescue: Tholians have captured ships from the Romulan Star Empire. Yes, not the 'Romulan Republic'. The Romulan Star Empire. I'll link a screenshot. For some reason, that's justification for the Federation, Klingons, and Romulan Republic to put aside their differences, and launch a full assault against Tholian space habitats in order to assist their common enemy.

Tau Dewa Tholian Red Alert: You gear up to fight a borg invasion, only to find that a fleet of Tholian ships has already blown up the Borg. For some reason, this is justification to immediately attempt to - and I quote the mission here - 'eliminate the Tholian fleet'.

Y'know, instead of giving them a fistbump for being heroes.

The last one is especially hypocritical given the events of the DS9 arc. 'All of us need to work together against the borg. Or at least, everyone who looks similar to us needs to work together.'

It's awfully racist. I mean, seriously.

The Tholians aren't xenophobic. They just have basic pattern recognition.

I swear that some of you are polishing your skills to be contributors to US 24 hour news channels sometimes.

My "heavily-armed party" consists of 5 people with their personal sidearms, as is standard procedure for military officers, and proved to be necessary prior to that to defend against certain dangerous native fauna. We also didn't chase anyone anywhere. One Tholian is on a bridge in the distance that we spot, and then takes off down that bridge that doesn't lead directly to that site. We go and investigate what the Tholians are doing, rather than giving chase to that particular one, and observe a great many of the same dangerous native fauna running away from somewhere, presumably in fear. Going to where they were running from, it turns out to be some of the ruins that our group had noted were around, and it has a few Tholians in it. They then, upon seeing us say, "Trespassers! You will die before taking what is ours!" That is some "warning" there, on a planet in contested space that they can't even live on, without any overtly threatening moves on our part. Oh, and them being trapped is hogwash. The reinforcements beam in, they have transporters elsewhere that could just as easily beam those 3 out if they're so "threatened" by a rival team of researchers showing up at an archaeological site on an unclaimed planet.

You can like the Tholians all you want, but this a concerted effort to spin the situation into an attack on innocents that just isn't there. The first aggressive move is by the Tholians with their "warning" that reads much more like a threat.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    bltrrn wrote: »
    Thank you. It is, at times, difficult to cling to the dream of Gene, when people quote Liberalist and Hard-left thinkers, and most eveybody nods; but when the quote
    is from the other side of the spectrum, most everybody goes bananas. Thank you Mr. Ford, for unstanding the context of the quote, and not actively painting the forum in a red hue.
    I was there. I know what Gene Roddenberry envisioned. He went on at length about it in almost every meeting. He wasn't about technology, he was about envisioning a world that works for everyone, with no one and nothing left out. Gene Roddenberry was one of the great Social Justice Warriors. You don't get to claim him or his show as a shield of virtue for a cause he would have disdained.

Most of the stories we wrote were about social justice. "The Cloud Minders," "A Taste Of Armageddon," "Errand Of Mercy," "The Apple," "Let That Be Your Last Battlefield," and so many more. We did stories that were about exploring the universe not just because we could build starships, but because we wanted to know who was out there, what was our place in the universe, and what could we learn from the other races out there?

Star Trek was about social justice from day one -- the stories were about the human pursuit for a better world, a better way of being, the next step up the ladder of sentience. The stories weren't about who we were going to fight, but who we were going to make friends with. It wasn't about defining an enemy -- it was about creating a new partnership. That's why when Next Gen came along, we had a Klingon on the bridge.

Lehman blew it. He missed the point. He uses science fiction -- and Star Trek -- as a justification for playing a game of "us" v. "them."

Here's a clue. When you divide humanity into us and them, you automatically become one of them.

The continuing denigration of women and minorities as "the Social Justice Warrior Glittery Hoo Ha crowd" leaves me wondering ... are you folks in favor of social injustice?

If you're against "the Social Justice Warrior Glittery Hoo Ha crowd" then we to wonder if you're in favor of the denial of civil rights to women, blacks, LGBT, immigrants, and other minorities?

Because if that's what you stand for -- a return to the days of sexism, racism, misogyny, and discrimination -- then you really shouldn't be pointing to Star Trek as your inspiration. Because that's not what Star Trek was about. Honest. I was there.

-- Source

And if you don't recognize the name, maybe this will help.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    anodynes wrote: »
    I swear that some of you are polishing your skills to be contributors to US 24 hour news channels sometimes.

My "heavily-armed party" consists of 5 people with their personal sidearms, as is standard procedure for military officers, and proved to be necessary prior to that to defend against certain dangerous native fauna. We also didn't chase anyone anywhere. One Tholian is on a bridge in the distance that we spot, and then takes off down that bridge that doesn't lead directly to that site. We go and investigate what the Tholians are doing, rather than giving chase to that particular one, and observe a great many of the same dangerous native fauna running away from somewhere, presumably in fear. Going to where they were running from, it turns out to be some of the ruins that our group had noted were around, and it has a few Tholians in it. They then, upon seeing us say, "Trespassers! You will die before taking what is ours!" That is some "warning" there, on a planet in contested space that they can't even live on, without any overtly threatening moves on our part. Oh, and them being trapped is hogwash. The reinforcements beam in, they have transporters elsewhere that could just as easily beam those 3 out if they're so "threatened" by a rival team of researchers showing up at an archaeological site on an unclaimed planet.

You can like the Tholians all you want, but this a concerted effort to spin the situation into an attack on innocents that just isn't there. The first aggressive move is by the Tholians with their "warning" that reads much more like a threat.

Stand there not attacking after the "warning" and see what happens. THE THOLIANS ATTACK YOU.

phantrosity is either trolling or spewing anti-Republic propaganda in an effort to make the RSE look better. I suspect the latter (although I'm not sure trolling wouldn't be better).
  • Options
    terlokiterloki Member Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The hell did I just walk in on? :eek:
    Admiral Katrina Tokareva - U.S.S. Cosmos, Yorktown-class Star Cruiser
    Admiral Dananra Lekall - R.R.W. Teverresh, Deihu-class Warbird
    General J'Kar son of K'tsulan - I.K.S. Dlahath, Vo'devwl-class Carrier
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    anodynes wrote: »
    protogoth wrote: »
    Stand there not attacking after the "warning" and see what happens. THE THOLIANS ATTACK YOU.

phantrosity is either trolling or spewing anti-Republic propaganda in an effort to make the RSE look better. I suspect the latter (although I'm not sure trolling wouldn't be better).

It's complete denial of the facts, like the RSE and Tal Shiar usually do when it suits them. But really, if we're going to start talking about attacks on 'innocents,' neither the Tal Shiar nor the RSE can take a moral high ground. Both of those factions are very much guilty of countless raids on independent and Republic worlds, the mass murder of civilians on those worlds, the indefinite imprisonment and torture (including experimentation on live subjects) of those they captured alive, and so on.

Back to the Tholians - the Beta/Alpha Quadrants are in an active conflict, if not all-out war, with the Assembly. The aggressions on Nukara Prime and elsewhere predate the encounter on Dewa III. As well, Dewa III is well within Romulan borders, so any landing of Tholians on that planet is already an act of aggression against all 3 Romulan factions - each of which are staking out claims within Romulan space during a civil war, and each of which can and should see the Tholians' presence as an aggressive push far into green space.

Honestly, if the other 2 Romulan factions aren't willing to protect our borders or recognize the Tholian presence deep in Romulan space as an act of aggression, then all this serves is to further demonstrate that the Republic is the only faction that is actually concerned with the safety and protection of our people and our space.
  • Options
    tolmariustolmarius Member Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    terloki wrote: »

Just another day at the office in the Romulan Gameplay forum.
    3T6cHqb.png
  • Options
    revanindustriesrevanindustries Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Welcome to the warzone.
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited April 2015

You must be new here. It's a long-running argument over whether the Romulan Republic is Romulan enough, complicated by several posters who do basically all their forumming* in-character.

* Can I use "forum" as a verb?
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    starswordc wrote: »
    * Can I use "forum" as a verb?
    officially? no

urbanly? yes, but there's only 1 'm' in foruming
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    chipg7 wrote: »
    ... neither the Tal Shiar nor the RSE ... Both of those factions ... all 3 Romulan factions ... the other 2 Romulan factions ...

While I take no exception to the main idea behind your post, I am going to address the bits I've singled out in the quote above.

I'm not buying this claim that the Tal'Shiar and the "Imperial Remnants" are separate and adversarial to one another. This is a claim which is made by Sela, whom we all know is a lying opportunist, AND when you're on her freighter, ALL of her crew are wearing Tal'Shiar uniforms.

Of course we have heard the claims made by Sela, seen evidence in support of those claims, and witnessed events which suggest that there is something to those claims. However, evidence can be fabricated, events can be staged, and Sela is far from trustworthy (and that's probably the nicest thing I can say about her).

Thus, I call BS on her claim, until and unless it can be verified by analysts in the Military Intelligence Wing of the Tal Diann
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    You must be new here. It's a long-running argument over whether the Romulan Republic is Romulan enough, complicated by several posters who do basically all their forumming* in-character.

I wish that would stop. Foruming in character is rather jarring when everyone else isn't. It's like a group of people are playing Monopoly, and one person wants to play Risk instead, so he entrenches his artillery on Boardwalk and shoots at everyone passing Go.

Also, it seems a bit disengenous. Like its a way to say whatever you want, and blame other people for taking offense or exception at the thoughts of a fictional character.
    3T6cHqb.png
  • Options
    edited April 2015

Is there any other way to post? I dare say, I bleed green! :cool:
    I'm not buying this claim that the Tal'Shiar and the "Imperial Remnants" are separate and adversarial to one another. This is a claim which is made by Sela, whom we all know is a lying opportunist, AND when you're on her freighter, ALL of her crew are wearing Tal'Shiar uniforms.

Of course we have heard the claims made by Sela, seen evidence in support of those claims, and witnessed events which suggest that there is something to those claims. However, evidence can be fabricated, events can be staged, and Sela is far from trustworthy (and that's probably the nicest thing I can say about her).

Hard to say. There've been a lot of claims in these forums that the Tal Shiar and RSE are separate. I take Sela's word as an admission of a fracture. Either way, that's the way it's being often read by players. So since the featured episode, I've taken to splitting the two as per many players' claims, which now have a little more recognition in-game.
    Also, it seems a bit disengenous. Like its a way to say whatever you want, and blame other people for taking offense or exception at the thoughts of a fictional character.

Well, there's some need for it in certain cases. I can't imagine that many players feel the Tal Shiar (as portrayed in-game) is any type of 'good,' or that the RSE (as portrayed in-game) isn't guilty of some pretty disgusting acts. So defending these organizations does need a dose of RP, if not just to allow the player / character to speak the good of the other factions. Other things too, like it's hard to say you want Sela or D'Tan dead without sounding pretty heartless and cold if you're not presenting it in some form of RP.
  • Options
    peregryperegry Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited April 2015
  • Options
    antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Hard to say. There've been a lot of claims in these forums that the Tal Shiar and RSE are separate. I take Sela's word as an admission of a fracture. Either way, that's the way it's being often read by players. So since the featured episode, I've taken to splitting the two as per many players' claims, which now have a little more recognition in-game.

The part that struck me there with the Imperial Romulan Navy craft is that it was a smaller Mogai, and only one, compared to two Tal'Shiar battleships being in easy travelling distance of each other.

I suspect the 'Tal'shiar' controlled faction of whatever's left of the Empire is much stronger than whatever faction still wants to be the Empire but is opposed to the secret police being in control of the Navy.

Presumably both identify as RSE, it's whether they've got a picture of Sela in the main boardroom or an Iconian. :P
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    peregry wrote: »

So it is alright to say I am going to be "STOing" when I get home from work?
  • Options
    phantrosityphantrosity Member Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Back to the Tholians - the Beta/Alpha Quadrants are in an active conflict, if not all-out war, with the Assembly. The aggressions on Nukara Prime and elsewhere predate the encounter on Dewa III. As well, Dewa III is well within Romulan borders, so any landing of Tholians on that planet is already an act of aggression against all 3 Romulan factions - each of which are staking out claims within Romulan space during a civil war, and each of which can and should see the Tholians' presence as an aggressive push far into green space.

I'm sorry that you feel the need to resort to historical revisionism. Are you really that invested in whitewashing your favorite faction?

As stated in the game itself
    Both the Klingons and Romulans marked it as a possible site for colonization, but there were better worlds and these plans never came to fruition.
    and on the website
    D’Tan and the Republic are attempting to establish a planet in contested space and the Federation and Klingons agree on many conditions.
    As you can see Dewa III is far from being 'well within Romulan borders'.

Now, as for the state of active conflict, well, before your murder spree on Dewa III, nothing of the sort existed.

The timeline of the missions involved is quite clear - especially now that the Delta Recruit missions have clarified that the federation, klingon, and romulan arcs begin simultaneously - this is the first contact between a player captain and a Tholian group. Similarly, even the full Path to 2409 (not just the cliff notes version from the accolades) doesn't mention any conflict between the Tholians and any of the other powers. As at the end of movie canon the Tholians remained at peace, there is absolutely no reason to believe that the Tholians were at war with anyone at the beginning of STO.

As the game itself says, "Tholians are known for their precision and complete intolerance for violations of their territory." Violating their territory and murdering their civilians is certainly a legitimate Casus Belli.

The conclusion is clear - your captain is responsible for creating a state of war with the Tholian Assembly.

I suspect your opinion would be different if you had read all the text available in the game, rather than skipping over it.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I'm sorry that you feel the need to resort to historical revisionism. Are you really that invested in whitewashing your favorite faction?

and on the website

Now, as for the state of active conflict, well, before your murder spree on Dewa III, nothing of the sort existed.

The timeline of the missions involved is quite clear - especially now that the Delta Recruit missions have clarified that the federation, klingon, and romulan arcs begin simultaneously - this is the first contact between a player captain and a Tholian group. Similarly, even the full Path to 2409 (not just the cliff notes version from the accolades) doesn't mention any conflict between the Tholians and any of the other powers. As at the end of movie canon the Tholians remained at peace, there is absolutely no reason to believe that the Tholians were at war with anyone at the beginning of STO.

As the game itself says, "Tholians are known for their precision and complete intolerance for violations of their territory." Violating their territory and murdering their civilians is certainly a legitimate Casus Belli.

The conclusion is clear - your captain is responsible for creating a state of war with the Tholian Assembly.

I suspect your opinion would be different if you had read all the text available in the game, rather than skipping over it.

Just gonna leave this here:

Your own quotes render your assertions about the Tholinnsu having claim to Dewa-III false. You don't get to have it both ways. Either the planet is in "contested" space, or someone has claim to it.

Give the "murder" routine a rest. They attacked me. I killed in self-defense.

Or you could, y'know, go slink back to whichever Tal'Shiar cell you crawled out of.
  • Options
    edited April 2015

and on the website

Perhaps you should look at things outaide the game. The Tholians have a long history of aggression. In Enterprise, they attacked a Vulcan ship and an Earth Starfleet ship without any sort of provacation. In TOS, they entrapped the USS Defiant and massacred its crew to give it to themselves in the 22nd century. William Riker's father was the only survivor of the unprovoked Tholian destru tion of a Federation starbase. All three major Alpha quadrant powers hade foiubht recent wars with the Tholians. The list goes on. The Tholians Assembly is a xenophobic and aggressive entity that desires the destruction of all flesh based races. They had a heavily armed force in orbit of Dewa III. Their survey parties, upon bumping into a Romulan survey partupy, immediately assaulted said Romulan surveyors, and were wiped out in payment for their unprovoked assault. And what did the supposedly peace loving Tholians then do? Did they try to work out the misunderstanding? No. They launched a war against the Republic, attacking their naval forces, deploying troops to Mol'Rihan to murder civilians engaged in archeological research, and then launched attacks against their Federation and Klingon allies.

In short, you know nothing about what you are going on about, or worse, are dileberately ignoring reality form your own ends, be that propaganda, or simple attention grabbing.
    3T6cHqb.png
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    *munches popcorn* :cool:
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    megatronis1megatronis1 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    *munches popcorn* :cool:

Hey you got enough for one more? :D
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Hey you got enough for one more? :D

*hands out soda and candy bars*
    3T6cHqb.png
  • Options
    lessley00lessley00 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    *hands out soda and candy bars*

R'Tath brought Hatham steak
    Captain Joseph Riker, U.S.S. Odyssey==General V'Mar, U.S.S. Blackwater-A==Admiral Laura Holmes, U.S.S. Forward Unto Dawn
    Grand Master Thotok, son of Koloth, I.K.S. Sompek==Dahar Master Shanara, I.K.S. Balth'Quv

Admiral R'Tath V'Tirex, R.R.W. Dhael Glohha'enh==Commander Ta'eth Korval, R.R.W Hachae ch'Rhian==Admiral Vranuk, R.R.W Delevhas
  • Options
    tmassxtmassx Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Just gonna leave this here:

Give the "murder" routine a rest. They attacked me. I killed in self-defense.

I know who they are, i attacked them first. Dewa is ours. The system belonged to the space RSE and now in the Republic space. We Romulans. We do not condone anyone. Dewa III is the perfect base for new expansion. And close to the Delta gate, which we control. Btw, what that sword from legends?
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    tmassx wrote: »
    I know who they are, i attacked them first. Dewa is ours. The system belonged to the space RSE and now in the Republic space. We Romulans. We do not condone anyone. Dewa III is the perfect base for new expansion. And close to the Delta gate, which we control. Btw, what that sword from legends?

Could you please repeat that? Possibly with grammar, this time?
    3T6cHqb.png
  • Options
    lessley00lessley00 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I brought a friend!
    Touchy SUBJECT?

I don't see how I called the RSE a bootlicking faction. I said the RR was.

The Senate itself was never the problem, that's why Shinzon killed them. The Senate could limit the power of the Praetor. He knew they could stand in his way. So, in one fell swoop, the governing body of the Empire was eliminated and after Shinzon was killed, the power grab began.

Unfortunately, the Tal Shiar was allowed to get too big, too powerful. It conducted quite a lot of ACTIVITIES(allegedly) without the knowledge of the Senate. Sela is largely to blame for that, and I am all for seeing her head on a pike somewhere. The Tal Shiar can't exist again - at least not in the same manner it did. We do need an intelligence service, but it must have significant oversight.

The Remans need to be reintegrated as well. It was foolish to oppress them for as long as they were, and now it would be impossible to subjugate them again. They need representation in the Senate, and rights as every other Romulan.

Anyway, in this GAME we have the Romulan Republic and no Romulan Star Empire. It is not an independent faction, but it is dependent on either the United Federation of Planets or the Klingon Empire. Therefore, the Romulan Republic as it stands, is a puppet of the UFP or KE, because we are beholden to them for many things. I want a truly independent Romulan faction and it should be a new RSE.

Now little minions! lets find EVERY fault in this hehe

And Spockout: I would say the Republic ALLIED with the Federation and Empire to regain their strength. Who controls the Solenae Dyson Sphere? Who is operating many missions in the delta quadrant? Who has the strength to control most of Romulan space? Now who is on Rator moping about how the Star Empire will stand tall once again? I may not fully agree with D'Tan and reunification but I will follow him and stay loyal to the very end.

I did not bend down on the ground and kiss Okeg's and J'm'pok's boots at Khitomer, I shook their hands, I accepted an ALLIANCE not an ALLEGIANCE. R'Tath and Ta'eth will fight and die for the Republic not the Federation or the Empire. So if you want your empire back so much go ahead and join the fools on Rator. The Republic is the future of the Romulan people, not the Empire.

Its for the better

P.S: We seem to be picturing two different Star Empires, im thinking of the one from the shows, what are you thinking of?
    Captain Joseph Riker, U.S.S. Odyssey==General V'Mar, U.S.S. Blackwater-A==Admiral Laura Holmes, U.S.S. Forward Unto Dawn
    Grand Master Thotok, son of Koloth, I.K.S. Sompek==Dahar Master Shanara, I.K.S. Balth'Quv

Admiral R'Tath V'Tirex, R.R.W. Dhael Glohha'enh==Commander Ta'eth Korval, R.R.W Hachae ch'Rhian==Admiral Vranuk, R.R.W Delevhas