so many things cut out of nemesis do to budget/time

the book is soo much better
    victoriasig_zps23c45368.jpg
  • thunderhawk101thunderhawk101 Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    gpgtx wrote: »
    so many things cut out of nemesis do to budget/time

the book is soo much better

Happens to a bunch of movies. According to Nimoy's second biography, I am Spock, there was a scene he was trying to get worked into The Voyage Home in where Sulu is seen wandering around in mid 21st Century San Francisco when some small like 8 year old kid runs up to him calling him Uncle. After something like five minutes talking to this kid Sulu realizes he's speaking with his GREAT GRANDFATHER. Unfortunately the child actor when they were trying to film this scene got extremely distressed and started breaking down into tears so they cut the scene for the sake of the kid. Was put into the Novelization of STTVH though.
    erei1 wrote: »
    I enjoy this kind of thread. It's like farting in the air to fight the wind. It's poetic, childish and completely useless.
  • disposeableh3r0disposeableh3r0 Member Posts: 1,927 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Happens to a bunch of movies. According to Nimoy's second biography, I am Spock, there was a scene he was trying to get worked into The Voyage Home in where Sulu is seen wandering around in mid 21st Century San Francisco when some small like 8 year old kid runs up to him calling him Uncle. After something like five minutes talking to this kid Sulu realizes he's speaking with his GREAT GRANDFATHER. Unfortunately the child actor when they were trying to film this scene got extremely distressed and started breaking down into tears so they cut the scene for the sake of the kid. Was put into the Novelization of STTVH though.

And the scene with checkov asking for nuclear wessels being them literally on the street asking random people was awesome.

Cold war is still fresh, and theres some Russian guy asking where nukes are, and some Nic lady just helps him out.
    As a time traveller, Am I supposed to pack underwear or underwhen?

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abraham Lincoln

Occidere populo et effercio confractus
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Rolled up a KDF alt for the Delta Recruit thing and one of the first ships I destroyed in the tutorial was a shiny Galaxy class with the new skin on it. Felt like such a dirty traitor lol.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    lan451 wrote: »
    Rolled up a KDF alt for the Delta Recruit thing and one of the first ships I destroyed in the tutorial was a shiny Galaxy class with the new skin on it. Felt like such a dirty traitor lol.

oh man, but it's a freaking awesome opening to this game. I hadn't seen the new galaxy skin before I started a new Delta KDF character. It was soooo freaking amazing seeing that galaxy class with the updated skin warp in with a torpedo spread.
  • thunderhawk101thunderhawk101 Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    rmy1081 wrote: »
    oh man, but it's a freaking awesome opening to this game. I hadn't seen the new galaxy skin before I started a new Delta KDF character. It was soooo freaking amazing seeing that galaxy class with the updated skin warp in with a torpedo spread.

Yeah... that was an awesome thing to see happen. I was grinning like an idiot when she dropped into system... XD
    erei1 wrote: »
    I enjoy this kind of thread. It's like farting in the air to fight the wind. It's poetic, childish and completely useless.
    edited April 2015
    It was really nice warping into ESD and seeing all the Galaxies about. Game almost feels like Star Trek again.

http://i.imgur.com/BdpnLCh.jpg
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It was really nice warping into ESD and seeing all the Galaxies about. Game almost feels like Star Trek again.

I bet they cleaned up on this release. Sol system has been full of Galaxy Class since the release, they're everywhere.

Gee, maybe it pays to listen to Player Requests after all huh Cryptic? :D
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • darlexadarlexa Member Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited April 2015

know what you mean.

I was also madly checking it out while she was going down. even altered my course to maintain my view.
  • stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited April 2015

I love how that was purely coincidence and the actors were really doing some amazing improv.
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • coffeemikecoffeemike Member Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The Fleet Galaxy T6... :D
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm in the T4 free Galaxy, been using her as a heavy battleship
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
      edited April 2015
      Aww, kid you coulda been somebody...you coulda been a contender.

My favorite cut line is a legendary Sulu quote in Undiscovered Country, "I always hoped if I was given the choice to betray my friends, or betray my country, I would have the courage to betray my country."

What surprised me is the Command ships in those early missions. The Dewitt Geneva Command Battlescruiser.

Although destroying a Galaxy Class in a piddly old Bird of Prey, does place us in the Lursa and B'Etor position doesn't it. Lucky we fixed our cloaking device.

Pity there wasn't an Oberth for us to vaporize.

Also great in that picture, one Romulan Warbird...a guest. :)

Of course we know it's actually a full on allied Warbird. :D

Gene would be pleased. :cool:
      tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
      "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
    • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
      edited April 2015
      captaind3 wrote: »
      What surprised me is the Command ships in those early missions. The Dewitt Geneva Command Battlescruiser.

Although destroying a Galaxy Class in a piddly old Bird of Prey, does place us in the Lursa and B'Etor position doesn't it. Lucky we fixed our cloaking device.

Pity there wasn't an Oberth for us to vaporize.

In TV/movie Star Trek canon, there have been several ships carrying the name "Enterprise."

NX-01, NCC-1701, A, B, C, D, and E.

7 ships have carried that name. 3 of them have been lost in combat or as a result of combat action. Of the 3 lost, 2 were led to their destruction by a simple Bird of Prey. A famed ship name typically crewed and led by a number of the best Starfleet had to offer, using classes of ships that were at the forefront in power and technology... and yet 2 of the 3 Enterprises lost in combat were by a Bird of Prey.

Not by a D'Deridex. Not by a Negh'Var. Not by a Vor'Cha. Not even a Scimitar destroyed one in battle. But 2 of the 3 losses, an Enterprise was done in by a Bird of Prey.
      XzRTofz.gif
    • jer5488jer5488 Member Posts: 506 Arc User
      edited April 2015
      http://i.imgur.com/eC2sL1x.jpg

The Ancile on a deep space mapping mission. Probably my favorite shot of her so far.
    • ralphgraphiteralphgraphite Member Posts: 628 Arc User
      edited April 2015
      I'd like to provide some positive feedback - the new T6 Galaxy feels much more useable at end game than the old T5 one did. The new model is absolutely stunning as well! :)
    • rikersdadrikersdad Member Posts: 74 Arc User
      edited April 2015
      Because when you fly a BOP, you have guts or you die.
      edited April 2015
      In TV/movie Star Trek canon, there have been several ships carrying the name "Enterprise."

NX-01, NCC-1701, A, B, C, D, and E.

7 ships have carried that name. 3 of them have been lost in combat or as a result of combat action. Of the 3 lost, 2 were led to their destruction by a simple Bird of Prey. A famed ship name typically crewed and led by a number of the best Starfleet had to offer, using classes of ships that were at the forefront in power and technology... and yet 2 of the 3 Enterprises lost in combat were by a Bird of Prey.

Not by a D'Deridex. Not by a Negh'Var. Not by a Vor'Cha. Not even a Scimitar destroyed one in battle. But 2 of the 3 losses, an Enterprise was done in by a Bird of Prey.

Well the 1701 was actually killed by Kirk himself. But that's because Kruge had him in a corner and called the SH*T out of his bluff. I kind of wish Kruge had had more story, because MAN he was quite possibly the most boss Klingon commander until Martok himself. I mean with that kind of showing the one of Elite Three Klingons should've been there.

Lursa and B'Etor cheated.

Of course to Klingons they're cunning is to be lauded. It is impressive I mean, they actually managed to implement a strategy that allowed them to punch in the weight class of a ship they had no right not being vaporized by with a strong target lock.

And that's why my first Klingon flies a Bird of Prey. Hegh'ta in the Delta Quadrant. :cool:
      jer5488 wrote: »

The Ancile on a deep space mapping mission. Probably my favorite shot of her so far.
      That is ****ing beautiful. Like, man I need to upgrade my graphics card beautiful.
      rikersdad wrote: »

That's for damn sure. But Cryptic...Tier 6 Bird of Prey...my body is ready. My dilithium supply may not be, but my body damn sure is.
      "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
    • supergirl1611supergirl1611 Member Posts: 809 Arc User
      edited April 2015
      rikersdad wrote: »

Actually you normally spill your guts and die.

But it would be nice to have a slightly more sturdy BOP
    • sovereign47sovereign47 Member Posts: 399 Arc User
      edited April 2015
      While I am perfectly happy with a new Galaxy model, I just wanted to say that compared to it, my Dreadnought Galaxy now looks like an old TRIBBLE. It's not fair. I want revamp of my Galaxy X :(

Btw where's my T6 Sovereign? I'm waiting for her too a long time :D
      FED ENG: FA Sirius Verax (USS Leviathan) , FED TAC (Delta): FA Adria Tyllex (USS Thunderblade) , ROM TAC: ADM Kill'ina (IRW Imperix Thrai) , KLING ENG (Delta): LT. GEN Ghol'Vaq Martok (IKS Qeh'Ral II) - 44th Fleet member
      SZ1RgUL.jpg
      SUPPORTING PLAYABLE CARDASSIAN AND DOMINION FACTIONS!
    • stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
      edited April 2015

Beautiful. Can anyone one-up that? (I may or may not be looking for new desktop backgrounds)
      stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
      Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
      My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
    • reynoldsxdreynoldsxd Member Posts: 977 Arc User
      edited April 2015
      if i could i'd make a gif of the 3 times in a row BO proc from my new, shiny, [over] phaser beam arrays.

That looked awesomeXD
    • ghyudtghyudt Member Posts: 1,112 Arc User
      edited April 2015
      captaind3 wrote: »
      Well the 1701 was actually killed by Kirk himself. But that's because Kruge had him in a corner and called the SH*T out of his bluff. I kind of wish Kruge had had more story, because MAN he was quite possibly the most boss Klingon commander until Martok himself. I mean with that kind of showing the one of Elite Three Klingons should've been there.

Lursa and B'Etor cheated.

Of course to Klingons they're cunning is to be lauded. It is impressive I mean, they actually managed to implement a strategy that allowed them to punch in the weight class of a ship they had no right not being vaporized by with a strong target lock.

And that's why my first Klingon flies a Bird of Prey. Hegh'ta in the Delta Quadrant. :cool:

That is ****ing beautiful. Like, man I need to upgrade my graphics card beautiful.

That's for damn sure. But Cryptic...Tier 6 Bird of Prey...my body is ready. My dilithium supply may not be, but my body damn sure is.

Lursa and betor did indeed have a huge advantage by being able to bypass the enterprise D's shields. Any ship would have been severely damaged if not destroyed in this situation. But the enterprise STILL managed to destroy them first, and with a single photon torpedo.
      edited April 2015
      ghyudt wrote: »
      Lursa and betor did indeed have a huge advantage by being able to bypass the enterprise D's shields. Any ship would have been severely damaged if not destroyed in this situation. But the enterprise STILL managed to destroy them first, and with a single photon torpedo.

It probably doesn't count, but I've recreated that fight in Bridge Commander dozens of times. Me in a Galaxy, angled away from the BOP - no power to shields and shields down. Let them get the first hit - and I've always managed to pull off a win. A Galaxy just has too much firepower to be downed by a BOP - especially one that isn't hit and running, taking advantage of it's cloak.

I take damage, sure - but never enough to take the Galaxy Class out. Never enough for more then a month in a space dock.
      edited April 2015
      Beautiful. Can anyone one-up that? (I may or may not be looking for new desktop backgrounds)

Well I can try. I can't get them that large though.

Here's a few shots I took from my favorite Delta patrol.

Approaching the Pansarka system.

Assuming standard orbit.

Mission complete. Set course for the second star to the right, and straight on 'till morning.

I really love that map. That's why I wish all planets were part of the skyfile and not the smaller 3D objects we usually get. They just don't have that sense of scale.
      JWZrsUV.jpg
      Mine Trap Supporter
      edited April 2015
      Well I can try. I can't get them that large though.

Here's a few shots I took from my favorite Delta patrol.

Approaching the Pansarka system.

Assuming standard orbit.

Mission complete. Set course for the second star to the right, and straight on 'till morning.

I really love that map. That's why I wish all planets were part of the skyfile and not the smaller 3D objects we usually get. They just don't have that sense of scale.

Very nice shots. It's great seeing the new Galaxy running around.

For the huge hi def screenshots, do "/renderscale 2" or "/renderscale 3" - make sure you use "/renderscale 1" when you're done though, because it'll really kill your game performance. But you can get some amazing shots out of it.
    • greyhame3greyhame3 Member Posts: 914 Arc User
      edited April 2015
      It probably doesn't count, but I've recreated that fight in Bridge Commander dozens of times. Me in a Galaxy, angled away from the BOP - no power to shields and shields down. Let them get the first hit - and I've always managed to pull off a win. A Galaxy just has too much firepower to be downed by a BOP - especially one that isn't hit and running, taking advantage of it's cloak.

I take damage, sure - but never enough to take the Galaxy Class out. Never enough for more then a month in a space dock.
      It needed to be blown up for the plot, so they had something do enough damage to the warp core for it to blow up. They didn't even try ejecting the warp core, which would seem like a logical first step. Though that probably would have failed because Star Trek safety devices fail all the time.

It's also a bit contradicted by the Oddyssey being able to take a beating and keep going from multiple Jem'hadar attack ships with ineffective shields (it seems the only reason it was destroyed is that it was rammed since it was making it's way back to the wormhole under it's own). Unless we want to try and rationalize the fact that those ship's weapons are less powerful than an out of date bird of prey.

Star Trek is ultimately a drama and on screen evidence of how well a ship can do in certain situation is contradictory and unreliable.
      edited April 2015
      greyhame3 wrote: »
      It needed to be blown up for the plot, so they had something do enough damage to the warp core for it to blow up. They didn't even try ejecting the warp core, which would seem like a logical first step. Though that probably would have failed because Star Trek safety devices fail all the time.

It's also a bit contradicted by the Oddyssey being able to take a beating and keep going from multiple Jem'hadar attack ships with ineffective shields (it seems the only reason it was destroyed is that it was rammed since it was making it's way back to the wormhole under it's own). Unless we want to try and rationalize the fact that those ship's weapons are less powerful than an out of date bird of prey.

Star Trek is ultimately a drama and on screen evidence of how well a ship can do in certain situation is contradictory and unreliable.

I understand it needed blown up for the plot - but having the Saucer land and then having the Galaxy battlesection self destruct to seal/repel the nexus and saving all those billions of lives would have been a MUCH more awesome death...

As for the Odyssey - they had to kamikaze it - they couldn't bring her down with conventional firepower before she could get away.
      edited April 2015
      Very nice shots. It's great seeing the new Galaxy running around.

For the huge hi def screenshots, do "/renderscale 2" or "/renderscale 3" - make sure you use "/renderscale 1" when you're done though, because it'll really kill your game performance. But you can get some amazing shots out of it.

For some reason, STO seems to hate my system. If I try to go past renderscale 1 I get nothing but black screens. That seems to be a DX11 problem. So I have to turn it down to DX9ex but then I can't go past renderscale 1.5 or the game locks up. Best I can do is take them at 1.5 and then shrink them down a bit so they look nice. It's weird and I can't figure it out lol.
      JWZrsUV.jpg
      Mine Trap Supporter
      edited April 2015
      Actually you normally spill your guts and die.

But it would be nice to have a slightly more sturdy BOP
      I think one thing I would like is to remove the torpedoes still hit you after you cloak mechanic.

It's unsupported in canon, and it actually nerfs the hell out of the Bird of Prey/Romulan Battle Cloak style. Strike and fade away. If they can still nail you while you're fading away then it's rather pointless. It works fine if the opponents running a beam boat, but if they have a solid torpedo game you're gonna get yourself killed.

Having the cloak break all target locks emphasizes the importance of that time while you're decloaked.
      While I am perfectly happy with a new Galaxy model, I just wanted to say that compared to it, my Dreadnought Galaxy now looks like an old TRIBBLE. It's not fair. I want revamp of my Galaxy X :(

Btw where's my T6 Sovereign? I'm waiting for her too a long time :D
      Patience...good things come to those who wait.

As far as the Galaxy X I'm getting by by using the Venture parts. Galaxy Saucer, Stardrive, and pylons, with the Venture neck and nacelles.
      ghyudt wrote: »
      (implied, what are you crazy?) THAT is a Galaxy Class starship, we're no match for them!

First time a member of the House of Duras simply spoke the truth.
      greyhame3 wrote: »
      I think it was specifically stated that Core Ejection was offline. Happened a lot with the E-D actually.

Looking at 5.10 in the tech manual, while there is a manual option for ejecting the core, it's not really considered workable in a crisis situation. Considering that if you have to do a manual option you probably have to be able physically interact with the core, in the Generations situation you have a coolant leak. As First Contact taught us Warp Core coolant is ULTRA LETHAL. So without Data to walk into the cloud of organic eating death, that was off the table. So if you can knock the automated ejection system out, that's a wrap. Starfleet seems to have corrected that in the Intrepid design though.

The Odyssey died because the Captain, quite logically, dropped shields altogether when they were found to be ineffective. If the shields had still been up then the Jem'Hadar ship would've bounced off...albeit the ship would've still taken serious damage, but likely wouldn't have been destroyed.

As for the Difference between Jem'Hadar Phased Polaron and Klingon Disruptors, I laugh at Lursa and B'Etor if they were so broke they couldn't upgrade their antique ship's guns. It's also easily possible that a Galaxy class' armor rating is just that solid. The battle between the Duras and the Enterprise was roughly the same amount of time firing as the Odyssey's final fight and the Jem'Hadar did A LOT more damage.

As for the Duras...it was a lucky shot, straight up. Like this one.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Hood_%2851%29#Battle_of_the_Denmark_Strait

It does happen.

I prefer not to resort to the written drama angle, if there's a viable in work explanation, even if it does boil down to random chance. It almost always feels like a cheap cop out.

I understand it needed blown up for the plot - but having the Saucer land and then having the Galaxy battlesection self destruct to seal/repel the nexus and saving all those billions of lives would have been a MUCH more awesome death...

On the subject of contradicting what has been shown on screen, the beginning of the movie started with ships blowing up inside the Nexus. That doesn't work at all.

Furthermore destroying the Nexus doesn't address the actual problem of the story at all. The Nexus is just the prize. The goal is to stop Soran from destroying the Star. If the Duras sisters had brain one in their pretty little heads, then they would've cloaked taken their designs for the Trilithium Torpedo waited for Soran to fire off his missile, and been on about their business, leaving the Enterprise to deal with the aftermath of the nova tearing the system apart.