Options

Galaxy class

1565758596062»

Comments

• Options
    gpgtxgpgtx Member Posts: 1,579 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    edalgo wrote: »
    The Galaxy-X already has extra forward torpedo launchers placed on top of the main shuttle bay.

there is always room for more daka

i always liked the idea to put a second set of nacelles under the existing ones similar to the nebula's pylons
    victoriasig_zps23c45368.jpg
  • Options
    yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I wouldn't put something under the existing ship tbh. It would make this ship look too heavy at the back. It would look like it would pull an anchor around.

It's very hard to put more than 2 nacelles on a Galaxy without ruining the overall shape imo.

Why not simply make the nacelles a bit bulkier or wider? Like this
    (just the opposite what they have done with STOs venture class)

The above picture is actually a GCS variant that was in the making for STO, idk if Cryptic kept it when taking over from Perpetual. But i'd LOVE to have this ship in game. A really heavy and bulky looking Galaxy. Very short and sturdy neck (double neck?), very wide Saucer and heavy looking Nacelles. A ship you don't like to mess around with. (like a future Galaxy from the Yesterdays enterprise timeline if the fed wouldn't loose).

There could be so many possibilities, if the devs where in the mood to carry on the GCS design to other, new ship classes.
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Has anyone experience with flying a GCS and pilot Specialization?
    I think "danger zone" and "lone Wolf" sound not that bad.
    (still better than the whole command spec together, lol.).

Of course intel offers the most bang for the buck, but i'm curious to hear some first hand experiences.
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
  • Options
    edited May 2015

A tale of two Picards