ExtraLife Gaming Charity for Children's Hospital

Comments

• Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    gurluas wrote: »
    So...What do we do?
    I want my titles.
    Best guess would be to PM Trendy. Honestly, I don't think we'll see our reward someday. I don't know if Smirk will be replaced by someone else, in this case the new guy might help us, but somehow, I suspect PWE will not hire someone else, to save money.

Just like for the February screenshot contest, I didn't see any news about the winner.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    whicky1978whicky1978 Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Thats messed up that you all ahve not got your rewards. I would send a message to customer service.
  • Options
    texan1986texan1986 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    so i messaged trendy last week and nothing what a shocker
  • Options
    docfrederdocfreder Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Same Here Texan and I did win a physical prize and have heard nothing since January very disappointing
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    whicky1978 wrote: »
    Thats messed up that you all ahve not got your rewards. I would send a message to customer service.
    STO... Customer service. It doesn't work when it's in the same sentence, unless there is a negation.

I'll send a pm to Trendy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    erei1 wrote: »
    STO... Customer service. It doesn't work when it's in the same sentence, unless there is a negation.

I'll send a pm to Trendy.

if you get a hold of her tell her i messaged her aswell with a screen shot of the message i got from smirk telling me i won the cyborg keyboard
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    texan1986 wrote: »
    if you get a hold of her tell her i messaged her aswell with a screen shot of the message i got from smirk telling me i won the cyborg keyboard
    In my mail I linked this thread, and told her we were several people facing the same issue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    In my mail I linked this thread, and told her we were several people facing the same issue.

ya i still havent heard anything and i dont think we will ever hear anything from these people i get quicker response from guild wars and im pretty sure guild wars has more work then sto
  • Options
    gurluasgurluas Member Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    At this point I am inclined to believe they got a directive to ignore from the top or something.
    It's impossible they haven't received our PMs.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    gurluas wrote: »
    At this point I am inclined to believe they got a directive to ignore from the top or something.
    It's impossible they haven't received our PMs.

i think we need to start a petition about this TRIBBLE this is very crappy customer service from the sto team
  • Options
    joseph#2003 joseph Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Join the STO crew on Saturday, November 1st, 2014 for our ExtraLife Charity Livestream benefiting the Children's Hospital Network. We will be joining forces with many other gaming companies, as well as our other popular PWE titles including Neverwinter, Swordsman and Blacklight amongst others.

Click here to read the full details about this amazing charity event, and stay tuned for info on in-game rewards for your donations.

Check out our donation page here and start contributing to help these brave little kids!

We will be offering donation rewards as well as rewards for everyone when we reach our 50%, 75% and 100% goal!

Thank you for taking the time to consider donation to this amazing cause!

~CaptainSmirk

I think there are a lot of us that would enjoy joining this, however, many just aren't able. The game isn't playable, and some of us have been trying all weekend to log on. Maybe you need to postpone this until the game is stable and folks can actually attend.
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2015
    joepshef wrote: »
    I think there are a lot of us that would enjoy joining this, however, many just aren't able. The game isn't playable, and some of us have been trying all weekend to log on. Maybe you need to postpone this until the game is stable and folks can actually attend.

The post you just quoted is from November...
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    joepshef wrote: »
    And Smirk doesn't even work for PWE anymore.

This thread keeps popping up on the top list because some of us are still waiting for our reward. Smirk was handling it, but sadly, as I said, he is not working for PWE anymore.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    And Smirk doesn't even work for PWE anymore.

This thread keeps popping up on the top list because some of us are still waiting for our reward. Smirk was handling it, but sadly, as I said, he is not working for PWE anymore.

my theory is smirk took our prizes or said he sent them but kept them but that still doent explain why no one from sto has said anything its clear alot of us hasnt received our prizes even they should know this by now
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    my theory is smirk took our prizes or said he sent them but kept them but that still doent explain why no one from sto has said anything its clear alot of us hasnt received our prizes even they should know this by now
    I don't think he ever had them. They probably send the coordinate to the company who makes the goodies. As for mine, they are just zen and wallpapers, so I seriously doubt he can take them :D

Quite frankly, it doesn't makes sense why he would do that. He told me I was probably anonymous, and " ExtraLife was never able to get us the donor info from anyone missing, so this hunt took forever." (I quote his mail).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I don't think he ever had them. They probably send the coordinate to the company who makes the goodies. As for mine, they are just zen and wallpapers, so I seriously doubt he can take them :D

Quite frankly, it doesn't makes sense why he would do that. He told me I was probably anonymous, and " ExtraLife was never able to get us the donor info from anyone missing, so this hunt took forever." (I quote his mail).

maybe we should just keep asking on their facebook page
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    maybe we should just keep asking on their facebook page
    I don't have FB or twitter myself, but you can, it's a good idea. As long as you stay polite, it should be fine.
    I'm still waiting for a trendy answer. I'll update this thread if I have any news.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I don't have FB or twitter myself, but you can, it's a good idea. As long as you stay polite, it should be fine.
    I'm still waiting for a trendy answer. I'll update this thread if I have any news.

ive messaged her last week still nothing and ya i was polite on the facebook page again no response
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I've lost all hope of getting anything at this point it has been six months and their are a lot of us who haven't received anything physical or digital I'm disappointed in you STO Neverwinter took care of their players months ago. :(
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    quick everyone flood their facebook page and twitter page about this hell post the link to this fourms to get their attention
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Ok I'm bumping this thread. I've waited for a while, since Trendy was really sick. It seems (and I hope) she is better now, as I've seen her post here and there.
    So I'm going to re-try sending her a PM. If someone have a reddit account, feel free to post there, many devs are on reddit, most of them doesn't even post here. It might help us.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Ok I'm bumping this thread. I've waited for a while, since Trendy was really sick. It seems (and I hope) she is better now, as I've seen her post here and there.
    So I'm going to re-try sending her a PM. If someone have a reddit account, feel free to post there, many devs are on reddit, most of them doesn't even post here. It might help us.

good luck on getting a hold of someone ive given up on the game it seems its just going down hill
  • Options
    alfheimwandereralfheimwanderer Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Surely it doesn't take this long to process Zen?
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    I had an answer from her, it seems (as I expected) she is flooded by mail, and it must be difficult to track them all. Anyway, I copy and paste her answer.
    Just got caught up on messages. 100+ was my goal to get through today.

I'll be looking into it. The problem is a lot of what Smirk did was very undocumented, so tracking everything from him is a mess, frankly. I'll do my best to start going through it, but it'll be a bit of a difficulty since he was doing some odd stuff. It'll take some time :S
    I obviously mentioned you and this topic. I hope it will (finally) get solved. But we have to admit it's quite a mess. Between Extralife not giving the data for the donations, the PWE PM which seems to be limited, and what happened (unfortunately) to Smirk, it's a fine mess.
    Surely it doesn't take this long to process Zen?
    It's more complicated than that. They must check if they didn't gave the zen already, and we either lie or failed to see it. They also have to check if we really donated.
    And according to Smirk, Extralife was never able to give them the missing donators. So it's extra complicated (no pun intended).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    theoccipitalltheoccipitall Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Just got caught up on messages. 100+ was my goal to get through today.

I'll be looking into it. The problem is a lot of what Smirk did was very undocumented, so tracking everything from him is a mess, frankly. I'll do my best to start going through it, but it'll be a bit of a difficulty since he was doing some odd stuff. It'll take some time :S

to complain about colleagues to the customer's is not a good way of working. i was happy with smirks work. so far what i saw from you is just closing threads.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    to complain about colleagues to the customer's is not a good way of working. i was happy with smirks work. so far what i saw from you is just closing threads.
    Honestly, that's rude and uncalled for. If you want to complain about Trendy, there is a "Trendy we love you" topic on general discussion.

As for colleagues, Smirk is not working for PWE anymore. And it was far from a major complain.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Not surprised that stuff was undocumented and as far as extralife went I made sure to get a receipt and will be happy to show that as proof and as for the Keyboard well they have the live stream for that :-) I'm glad something seems to be going but as before I won't hold my breath
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    i messaged trendy directly through here and still nothing i mean are all our messages going straight to the junk box or do you have to be well known to get a response
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    i messaged trendy directly through here and still nothing i mean are all our messages going straight to the junk box or do you have to be well known to get a response
    She said she read 100message. In a day. That probably mean even more received per day. I think we would be amazed by the number of people that think a CM is also a gm that will fix everything (including issue on the player side), will explain them how to play, listen to their suggestions, and various rants. It must be quite a daunting task, and it's not her only job, by far.
    Anyway, she knows, and I hope she act on it now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    She said she read 100message. In a day. That probably mean even more received per day. I think we would be amazed by the number of people that think a CM is also a gm that will fix everything (including issue on the player side), will explain them how to play, listen to their suggestions, and various rants. It must be quite a daunting task, and it's not her only job, by far.
    Anyway, she knows, and I hope she act on it now.

what they shouldve done was make a separate email for this charity thing and from what it sounds sto only has 1 person to read peoples suggestions rants and other TRIBBLE