test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Star Trek Online: Rebirth

Comments

• qziqzaqziqza Member Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Ah, the target field. The whole "URL" thing was messing me up.

And yeah, I already tried the Force Verify thing and downloaded the 3 Gig patch. Still bupkis, which is why I was asking about the modifying the target line thing.

oh poodlesticks.. thanks for the info.. i cant seem to figure the url thing out.. i try to add it to the target field and i get an error message telling me location doesnt exist.. its nearly 2am so i may just be too tired to figure my thumbs from my elbows, think i may bail on it before i accidently format a hard drive or something lol
    tYld1gu.gif?1
    TOS style icons used with the kind permission of irvinis.deviantart.com ©2013-2015
  • kyyyonkyyyon Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    if this were to be true i may see my old science officer that "disappeared" when the old logins merged into the current... from when you could log in from either cryptic or perfect world accounts.
  • phenomenaut01phenomenaut01 Member Posts: 714 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Right...well, I can't edit the "target field" under properties for some reason. Any suggestions?
  • hebdahebda Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    kyyyon wrote: »
    if this were to be true i may see my old science officer that "disappeared" when the old logins merged into the current... from when you could log in from either cryptic or perfect world accounts.

Nope, it's a perfectly clean launch day STO. Even the Pre-Order items are missing from the game. There isn't even a chat server, so no chatting. Emotes don't work either.
    “In the strict scientific sense we all feed on death…..even vegetarians.” – Spock
  • morden613morden613 Member Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Right...well, I can't edit the "target field" under properties for some reason. Any suggestions?

Copy shortcut to desktop, edit it there.
  • dragnridrdragnridr Member Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    After looking through all my property tabs and everything, I don't have a target space I can can change.
    latest?cb=20141230104800&path-prefix=en
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2015
    morden613 wrote: »
    No, it started from 0 and very very slowly went up. Trust on that. You may think it works as normal in this case but it doesn't.

(yes, see the previous comment)

Working as normal for me. I've closed the launcher numerous times in the last two hours to get it's speed back up (don't ask me why, but large downloads always speed up if you close the launcher) and it's picked up where it left off each time. I guess you were just unlucky.

Before I closed the launcher
    http://imgur.com/xa3Z2CD

After I reopened the launcher
    http://imgur.com/7DZ5lRp
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
    edited April 2015

Thanks! Now I can edit it....but it's saying the target line is invalid.

Sorry...not a computer guy really.
  • furiontassadarfuriontassadar Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Also, make sure there's a space between what is written there and the -patchserver patchserverrebirth.crypticstudios.com line you want to add to it, or you'll get an error message.
    "There will never be enough blood to wash away my need for vengeance! A single world...I could destroy a million worlds and it would not be enough! Your existence is an insult to the memory of my people! I will continue my fight, even if I must fight alone!"
  • kadamskadams Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    hebda wrote: »
    Nope, it's a perfectly clean launch day STO. Even the Pre-Order items are missing from the game. There isn't even a chat server, so no chatting. Emotes don't work either.

No chat? Damn.

I wonder what it would take to get at least chat functionality up & running. >:

It will be nice to go outside ESD and not see dozens ships of a half dozen different factions.
  • oldkhemaraaoldkhemaraa Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ohhhh my a true vanilla install... well, darnit! I was os looking forward to getting a tad bit of use outta my pre-order stuff again, but thats just fine really.

Hay, maybe you feds won't be such push overs in PvP now that you've had a few years to figure things out!

Though seriously, I do hope they can get the chat servers up for it.. Trifling difficult to talk ship to ship using sign language, signal flares and flags.
    "I aim to misbehave" - Malcolm Reynolds
  • sychosis99sychosis99 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It's funny seeing the old Cryptic/Atari intro logos again.
    edited April 2015
    Also, make sure there's a space between what is written there and the -patchserver patchserverrebirth.crypticstudios.com line you want to add to it, or you'll get an error message.

BING! That did it! thanks!
  • captaingalaxy1captaingalaxy1 Member Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ohhhh my a true vanilla install... well, darnit! I was os looking forward to getting a tad bit of use outta my pre-order stuff again, but thats just fine really.

Hay, maybe you feds won't be such push overs in PvP now that you've had a few years to figure things out!

Though seriously, I do hope they can get the chat servers up for it.. Trifling difficult to talk ship to ship using sign language, signal flares and flags.

well first thing for me will be PVP, thou Cryptic please invest and bring forward that NEW PVP Engine that was being worked as DStahl said. PVP for me is a core part of the game.

P.S Its also now taking long to patch and im at 20%
    "Omega Class will prevail she cannot be defeated!"
  • spockout1spockout1 Member Posts: 314 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Well, I patched 3.2GB, then got the file can't be found error.

Now patching another 3.2GB (or maybe the same 3.2GB).
    "After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing after all as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true. Except for a T5 Connie. That would be f*%#ing awesome." - Mr. Spock
  • swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Which launcher am I right clicking on? The Arc launcher? There's nothing that says "URL" anywhere when I right click on it and go to properties.

The STO launcher, not ARC. I created a shortcut to it;
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Perfect World Entertainment\Star Trek Online_en\Star Trek Online.exe" -patchserver patchserverrebirth.crypticstudios.com
  • klingontacoklingontaco Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    You need to create a new shortcut for you launcher. Then right click. Than properties
    Then add this in the box next to target -patchserver patchserverrebirth.crypticstudios.com

So when you are done what is in properties should look like
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cryptic Studios\Star Trek Online.exe" -patchserver patchserverrebirth.crypticstudios.com

Once you start it up the patch should be 10 GB. If it is 3.5 GB's than it won't work.
  • gatsie7gatsie7 Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Can someone type out exactly how the line should read for the work around. I can not seem to get it to work
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    No STF's ???

... color me a sad panda ...
  • alzitaalzita Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The target line should be:
    "Location of the game file here" -patchserver patchserverrebirth.crypticstudios.com

So for me that is:
    "D:\Games\Star Trek Online\Cryptic Studios\Star Trek Online.exe" -patchserver patchserverrebirth.crypticstudios.com

For others something along the lines of:
    "C:\Program Files\Cryptic Studios\Star Trek Online.exe" -patchserver patchserverrebirth.crypticstudios.com

And it should be formatted in this fashion
    In-game: @gkar_falcon

Game on! See you online

Falc
    edited April 2015
    gatsie7 wrote: »
    Can someone type out exactly how the line should read for the work around. I can not seem to get it to work

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Cryptic Studios\Star Trek Online.exe" -patchserver patchserverrebirth.crypticstudios.com

It will change for each computer but it will most likely be like that. Just create a shortcut then properties after the " hit space then put in -patchserver patchserverrebirth.crypticstudios.com

If you do it right after with no space between the " and the command it won't work.
  • lincovichyylincovichyy Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    And what we spend we were deceived?:confused:
    Wait, is April 1 this setback sto Rebirth?:D
  • generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited April 2015
    I think in got the patcher to work... Downloading 10GBs....

So anyone got some screenies yet???
    edited April 2015
    They need to make this permanent just fix bugs and keep it stable no new content or anything. If they do that then i will consider getting subscription. Right now sto PvP is a joke. Holodeck could be for pvers and redshirt for pvpers. pvers would be happy because the devs wouldn't have to balance Holodeck for pvp. PvPers would be happy because we wouldn't have annoying pve gear messing with PvP balance.
  • caasicamcaasicam Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ...And now we wait for the agonizingly slow 100 kb/s download. Hopefully just because everyone's patching at once...
  • maracroftmaracroft Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Actually, there are quite a few things from the early days I wish they would bring back. Too many to list here but sometimes 'simpler' + 'cleaner' = 'better experience.'
  • gatsie7gatsie7 Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Got it thanks, I hope they have atleast the original stf's in there !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2015
    spockout1 wrote: »
    Well, I patched 3.2GB, then got the file can't be found error.

Now patching another 3.2GB (or maybe the same 3.2GB).

That 3.2GB is the "wrong" patch. You want to do what has been said with the copy the short cut and add the -patchserver patchserverrebirth.crypticstudios.com thing. (others in this thread have explained that far better than I could). Then you'll get the big patch.
  • dragnridrdragnridr Member Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    That 3.2GB is the "wrong" patch. You want to do what has been said with the copy the short cut and add the -patchserver patchserverrebirth.crypticstudios.com thing. (others in this thread have explained that far better than I could). Then you'll get the big patch.

That's a problem I'm running into. My Property tabs for my shortcut I have doesn't have a target field. There not an option I could find yet.
    latest?cb=20141230104800&path-prefix=en
  • captaingalaxy1captaingalaxy1 Member Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Got it to start downloading the 10GB but I will have to sleep now and do it in the morning (my timezone) Hopefully it stays around as I would love to experience STO as it was at launch. I didn't have STO back in 2010 but remember the launch and all the pictures graphics e.t.c
    "Omega Class will prevail she cannot be defeated!"
This discussion has been closed.