test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Star Trek Online: Rebirth

Comments

• qziqzaqziqza Member Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    quintaris wrote: »
    Presumably, the launcher is slow because errybody is patching 10GB of Darude - Sandstorm.

TUNE!! i get a rush just hearing the intro..
    tYld1gu.gif?1
    TOS style icons used with the kind permission of irvinis.deviantart.com ©2013-2015
  • captaingalaxy1captaingalaxy1 Member Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    might try going to the red shirt folder

C:\Program Files\Perfect World Entertainment\Star Trek Online-en\Star Trek Online\Beta

and clcik on the executable "GameClient.exe"

the problem might be the launcher isn't recognizing the old client. Don't know if that'll work, but give it a try.

Don't have an executable there for some reason...
    "Omega Class will prevail she cannot be defeated!"
    edited April 2015

just try to patch redshirt, if it fails.. go to options, select force verify then save and it will check the current files in redshirt, then fix it and start to patch it properly.
    tYld1gu.gif?1
    TOS style icons used with the kind permission of irvinis.deviantart.com ©2013-2015
  • dragnridrdragnridr Member Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited April 2015

I right clicked on my launcher, and in the properties, where it says URL, I added -patchserver patchserverrebirth.crypticstudios.com to the end of the line, and the client is re-patching. Hopefully this is the right way.....Trendy mentioned that earlier.

But as I asked earlier, If Holodeck gets shut down, what happens to all my zen purchases, my anniversary ships that I have gotten, lock box ships, and other things I have paid for? will they still be there, or will they be lost forever? Or is Holodeck retiring actually the joke?
    latest?cb=20141230104800&path-prefix=en
    edited April 2015
    dragnridr wrote: »
    I right clicked on my launcher, and in the properties, where it says URL, I added -patchserver patchserverrebirth.crypticstudios.com to the end of the line, and the client is re-patching. Hopefully this is the right way.....Trendy mentioned that earlier.

ah cool.. Trendy trumps All.. that'll be the advice to follow then.
    tYld1gu.gif?1
  • hebdahebda Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hey, there are no patch notes for Redshirt.....lol...oh well. Too bad the chat server isn't connected, at least that is what I am being told by system messages on Redshirt.
    “In the strict scientific sense we all feed on death…..even vegetarians.” – Spock
  • spockout1spockout1 Member Posts: 314 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Redshirt - 3% patched. Here I come. Eventually.

Maybe.
    "After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing after all as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true. Except for a T5 Connie. That would be f*%#ing awesome." - Mr. Spock
  • dgdolphdgdolph Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    After patching redshirt:

Unable to start game client: Windows error code 2 (While attempting to format, received error code 15105.)

Any Ideas?

Edit.:
    Nevermind. I needed to restart the launcher. Now patching again - this time a bigger patch;)
    edited April 2015
    dgdolph wrote: »
    After patching redshirt:

Unable to start game client: Windows error code 2 (While attempting to format, received error code 15105.)

Any Ideas?

Try what I did:

• herbiehdykemanherbiehdykeman Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Just finished "Prelude to a Crisis", if that means anything :-)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2015
    Just wondering if Redshirt will be sticking around with the Rebirth thing?
    edited April 2015
    Just finished "Prelude to a Crisis", if that means anything :-)

it does indeed.. it means you have just finished it :)
    tYld1gu.gif?1
  • furiontassadarfuriontassadar Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    dragnridr wrote: »
    Try what I did:

Which launcher am I right clicking on? The Arc launcher? There's nothing that says "URL" anywhere when I right click on it and go to properties.
    "There will never be enough blood to wash away my need for vengeance! A single world...I could destroy a million worlds and it would not be enough! Your existence is an insult to the memory of my people! I will continue my fight, even if I must fight alone!"
  • devencombsdevencombs Member Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yep, April Fool's Day. You almost got me guys. Good one.
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2015
    Just wondering if Redshirt will be sticking around with the Rebirth thing?

Yeah I too am curious as to how long this will be around. With it patching so slow there's a high probability I wont get on tonight, but I really don't want to miss the nostalgic walk down memory lane of asking where Sulu is and no ability to holster weapons.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • morden613morden613 Member Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Which launcher am I right clicking on? The Arc launcher? There's nothing that says "URL" anywhere when I right click on it and go to properties.

Right click the shortcut.
    Go to properties
    Go to the target field.
    Append this at the end: -patchserver patchserverrebirth.crypticstudios.com

And start,
    click Redshirt
    Prepare for giant 10GB patch.

Just don't lose connection like I did, because it asked me to repatch all 10GB from the start.
    Errr...NO thank you Cryptic. I can do without the nostalgia, it's not worth paying my ISP to go over my bandwidth quota.
    edited April 2015

you can also try going to options on the launcher and selecting force verify.. that is working for me, currently at 50% of a 3258MB patch
    tYld1gu.gif?1
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2015
    Lol, downloaded it all using the command line. Heck, I force verified it. April's fools to everyone. Getting people to download 3GB, not funny.
    edited April 2015
    Having trouble with patching Star Trek Online: Rebirth? Zero has a workaround ready for you that she just posted!

That was where I got my info.
    edited April 2015
    lucho80 wrote: »
    Lol, downloaded it all using the command line. Heck, I force verified it. April's fools to everyone. Getting people to download 3GB, not funny.

does the force verify not work?.. damn, ive been downloading that 3gb for ages
    tYld1gu.gif?1
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2015
    morden613 wrote: »
    Just don't lose connection like I did, because it asked me to repatch all 10GB from the start.
    Errr...NO thank you Cryptic. I can do without the nostalgia, it's not worth paying my ISP to go over my bandwidth quota.

If you lose connection during download it doesn't start again, it just picks up where it left off. You may think it's started again because it goes back to 0%, but the actual file size left to download is minus whatever it already downloaded.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • dgdolphdgdolph Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    If this is not going to be a very cruel joke: see my sig
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2015
    Unlike in Tribble and Holodeck, the folder for redshirt is missing all the .dll files and GameClient.exe.

To the devs, you should know better than to create ajoke that could cost someone (Not me thankfully) real $$$ for going over their download quota for the month.
  • morden613morden613 Member Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    If you lose connection during download it doesn't start again, it just picks up where it left off. You may think it's started again because it goes back to 0%, but the actual file size left to download is minus whatever it already downloaded.

No, it started from 0 and very very slowly went up. Trust on that. You may think it works as normal in this case but it doesn't.

(yes, see the previous comment)
    edited April 2015
    dgdolph wrote: »
    If this is not going to be a very cruel joke: see my sig

haha this made my evening :)))^^ I love it btw
    edited April 2015
    morden613 wrote: »
    Right click the shortcut.
    Go to properties
    Go to the target field.
    Append this at the end: -patchserver patchserverrebirth.crypticstudios.com

And start,
    click Redshirt
    Prepare for giant 10GB patch.

Ah, the target field. The whole "URL" thing was messing me up.

And yeah, I already tried the Force Verify thing and downloaded the 3 Gig patch. Still bupkis, which is why I was asking about the modifying the target line thing.
    "There will never be enough blood to wash away my need for vengeance! A single world...I could destroy a million worlds and it would not be enough! Your existence is an insult to the memory of my people! I will continue my fight, even if I must fight alone!"
    edited April 2015
    Okay, even after doing all the different recommendations, I have tried 5-6 times and all I get are:

Unable to start game client: The system cannot find the file specified.
    edited April 2015
    Okay, now it's doing a whole 10 gig patch.

Terrific.

I suppose it's a good thing I didn't have anything else I wanted to do today.
  • nyx219nyx219 Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm patched up & logged in (use Trendy's post's advice, folks, it worked for me)

And it's no joke, I'm on the old school character select page, gearing up to make a Fed. Guess I'm not going to have to take Trendy's bacon stash to get even with after all (no inkling of rick-rolling yet, thank god)

Edit: better yet, here's a link to the Reddit thread the advice came from:

http://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/3147wz/star_trek_online_rebirth_is_the_real_dealios_guys/cpya8qv
    Patching issues?

I've got a workaround!

The exact method will vary depending on how you launch your client.

Essentially, you'll want to add a command line flag to the launcher:

-patchserver patchserverrebirth.crypticstudios.com

If you use the cryptic launcher, make a new shortcut to it, and edit the properties. Append the command above to the end of the Target field.

EDIT:

And if you add this to Steam or Arc you will have to remove it to patch to Holodeck!
  • hebdahebda Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Well it was fun going down memory lane a bit. That being said, now I remember the things that I did and didn't like about the first iteration of STO.

I never liked the original ESD, the new one is much better. In retrospect, those graphics are horrible, but 5 years ago, they were decent, although still not great compared to other games at the time. Very noticeable turn based combat, I really hated that. Lagging input controls....yet for all the reasons that I couldn't stand the game, I stayed around. Over the 5 years, the changes have been great and I had forgotten about all the reasons that I had disliked the game, but today has reminded me both why I hung around (because I knew there would be more to the game....DStahl...for those who remember him, always said that STO wasn't released as a finished product) and the things that I hated about STO (like Klingons not having PVE content).

To bad the chat servers aren't online on Redshirt, it would be cool to stroll down memory lane with you guys and talk to the new/newish players who weren't around back then about all the heartaches and troubles we had back then. I am surprised however, the only thing that could have made this all better would have been the launch day server issues.....lol
    “In the strict scientific sense we all feed on death…..even vegetarians.” – Spock
This discussion has been closed.