What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Delta Recruitment

Comments

• Options
    cristonic2cristonic2 Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Hey, cool Idea, would have worked great at the start of STO. Now, as this is honestly one of the Dumbest Ideas I have read about from Cryptic, might I suggest actually adding some kind of End Game Content for those of us that have no desire to relive the past. I have been on the game since it launched, and slowly you have found new ways to make me play other games more and more. A new player base is a good idea as long as you Support your old player base, and you are Dangerously close TRIBBLE up far worse than you realize. All you offer now is a basic grind, nothing else, and that isn't going to keep working.....I can Promise you that.:confused:
  • Options
    qrtrmstrqrtrmstr Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    armitage95 wrote: »
    Have you even read the blog? It will benefit new AND old because of the things that will be shared between characters (whatever they are). The only thing we know for sure won't be shared is the story, but I assume no one hating this event even cares about it. The point is, everyone is getting worked up for no apparent reason.

And can we just let go of the hate on Delta Rising? It has a few faults, but you all blow it completely out of proportion.

But what do I know? I'm just a "little sheep", just having fun while waiting for an interesting event to happen.:rolleyes:

This is our outlet. This is the way, the ONLY way our community can express itself and it's desires regarding upcoming and vaguely announced content and our opinion of it BEFORE it hits the live server. And giving PWE's track record with doing things regardless of what the vast majority of the community wants, and this recent, and supremely upsetting nerfing of T-5 Lobi store ships by launching T-6 ships (because face facts kids, T-5U does NOT equal T-6, not even close, not in hull strength or BOFF setup option and potential heal/tank/DPS output) are we over reacting when they come this close to possibly be launching T-6 toons. I gaurantee that 90% of the few players that remained after DR launched, will take their time and money and find something else to play which will leave you with no options but to do the same because there won't be enough people left to keep the lights on.

And PWE....in America, we don't bite the hand that feeds us!!!
  • Options
    furlong359furlong359 Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I for one, am looking forward to this event . Yeah I have a few Alts that collect dust, but you know its been awhile since I've made a character and played the first half of the story line . It will be fun and will give my main a chance to catch her breath. I also have enough ships that I don't get a chance to play with but now will. If it costs money meh so be it. I like my trek and if I want it to be here tomorrow....
  • Options
    chandlerasharichandlerashari Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Yo whos tellin ya to drop yr mains? Levelin from 1 to 50 is fast, (and yea 50 not 60, cause were only goin to the breen arc) when events done go back to ur main and enjoy the perks yr new dill grinder / inventory mule has given you.
  • Options
    ragingloliragingloli Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    To gre'thor with delta recruitment. All it is, is grinding a tertiary character to 60 for trivial bonuses.
    Not going to do that.
  • Options
    nadiezjanadiezja Member Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    cody0893 wrote: »
    To all of you that are looking forward to this i say to you......You must not of spent allot money or time on your main but to be force to construct a new toon just for unique bonous's and account bonous's is lame in the buttom line they are forceing us to level one toon to rule all and going to cost players tons of money so cheer on you guppie's i see delta riseing as A end to sto like locking traits to ships and now locking bonous's to toon's it's comeing, all it's going to be is who has spent the most or who is useing the most amount of broken abil's The end is here there is no game in its current state TRIBBLE look at your shields atm in a space combat game wtf. Cant you guys tell they are exploiting everythiung we love and turning it into a slot machine.......

Yeah... your original premise is wrong. I'm a lifer since launch and bought the Delta pack. My main has multiple full equipment sets and is sitting on Very and Ultra Rare Mk XIV equipment. Her whole away team is running rep gear.

I like alts. I like new story content. I like making and playing characters. I like to play this game, and to be incentivized to play it in ways other than running the same five queues and three battlezones over and over until the cows come home... and no, I don't think adding more endgame content would help at all with this, because it would, at best, just swap one of the queues or battlezones I already rub daily for a different one.

This game has consistently gotten better since launch, yet every time a new update is announced the whole forum community immediately assumes the worst of both Cryptic's motives and their competence. I really don't get it... and I seriously don't blame the devs for not taking forum feedback seriously. In five years, this game has gone from virtually unplayable to by far my favorite MMO, yet every time they announce a change the forum starts a new round of doomsaying.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    nadiezja wrote: »
    This game has consistently gotten better since launch, yet every time a new update is announced the whole forum community immediately assumes the worst of both Cryptic's motives and their competence. I really don't get it... and I seriously don't blame the devs for not taking forum feedback seriously. In five years, this game has gone from virtually unplayable to by far my favorite MMO, yet every time they announce a change the forum starts a new round of doomsaying.
    Yeah. Yet another good thread hijacked by the haters to whine about level grinding.

As concerned as I am about the fate of my collectibles, there's little point talking about anything important here anymore.
  • Options
    picarda1picarda1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    so if war is coming starfleet should give to allships a cloack
  • Options
    cody0893cody0893 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    warpangel wrote: »
    Yeah. Yet another good thread hijacked by the haters to whine about level grinding.

As concerned as I am about the fate of my collectibles, there's little point talking about anything important here anymore.

HATERS? WTF I SPENT 2 THOUSAND ON MY ACCOUNTS JUST DURING DELTA RISEING ALONE

As a player thats been around a lil while they aLLREADY killed OUR alts and know they are going to lock gear and story line into toons and you dont think they are not going to kill your main toon. Whats going to happen is the delta toons will get updates as our old toons wont get but a fraction of the atterntion just look at older systems of the game and how them selves are half done this is a bad ideal sorry and dev history proves me right.
    They killed your Alt's now they want your main
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Its not about leveling its about protecting a serious investment with a game/hobbie that i love but only a serious customer would voice this concern like that....
    Most of the serious players of sto spend thousands a yearon ther main there are fewer of us left but we are here. To tell them that our pride and joy toons ar not going to equal in ne reguard is a massive slap in the face............Delta toon really......What they mean is another way to force you to buy the same lobi ship and doffs all over agian and to upgrade even further meaning $$$$$$$$$$$ for the company while our game lives and breathe's infested with bugs wtf people to many dev fan boys
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    To all of you that are looking forward to this i say to you......You must not of spent allot money or time on your main but to be force to construct a new toon just for unique bonous's and account bonous's is lame in the buttom line they are forceing us to level one toon to rule all and going to cost players tons of money so cheer on you guppie's i see delta riseing as A end to sto like locking traits to ships and now locking bonous's to toon's it's comeing, all it's going to be is who has spent the most or who is useing the most amount of broken abil's The end is here there is no game in its current state TRIBBLE look at your shields atm in a space combat game wtf. Cant you guys tell they are exploiting everythiung we love and turning it into a slot machine.......
    HATERS? WTF I SPENT 2 THOUSAND ON MY ACCOUNTS JUST DURING DELTA RISEING ALONE

As a player thats been around a lil while they aLLREADY killed OUR alts and know they are going to lock gear and story line into toons and you dont think they are not going to kill your main toon. Whats going to happen is the delta toons will get updates as our old toons wont get but a fraction of the atterntion just look at older systems of the game and how them selves are half done this is a bad ideal sorry and dev history proves me right.
    ... What did you slend $2k on? If I won the lottery, I couldn't spend $2k on STO in six months if I tried.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    8 accounts delta packs for all

8 new lobi for the siad accouints

23 elite boffs for the siad accounts

8 marion france dulmer for siad accounts

Omg i can list not to mention my fleets holding omg
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I have 32 toons all 32 level 60 But i have spent enough unless they make every option open to our old toons i cant not and will not support this change while some really bad bugs are affecting allot of us I honestly beleave server stability and current game play should be fixed before ne more is added how else do we know its all working
  • Options
    edited March 2015

8 accounts? Dude, no offense, but you're the very definition of a corner case. Not to mention possibly more than a little mad...
  • Options
    tobiashirttobiashirt Member Posts: 630 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ... What did you slend $2k on? If I won the lottery, I couldn't spend $2k on STO in six months if I tried.

This...so much this. 2k for 8 accounts in only 6 months? It seems that despite how much DR is decried, you've proven you're willing to spend to get a jump on the game, which means to the company that there's a likely future revenue source. If DR really did kill alts, one would think you'd have less than 32...but I'll grant that the ocd/need for completion does turn any new alt into X number of more dollars needed.

When I become bored/disinterested/fed up with the game, I simply throttle back any discretionary spending...it's that simple. If you're mad about how much stuff costs, don't buy it. Short of a handful of elite queues, most of that stuff isn't needed anyway, and since PvP is the only real arena that needs min-maxing, just maintain a few toons to PvP spec to cut back.

In a nutshell, fish or cut bait as regards further spending on the game, but realize that spending $2k in a few months speaks more to PWE than empty threats to close a wallet.
  • Options
    o0galathor0oo0galathor0o Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The only war I see coming ist the one between the players and PWE/Cryptic if the latter keep on wrecking the Star Trek experience.

In this spirit: "See you in the verse".
    ~ Don't blame the clown for being a clown, blame yourself for going to the circus ~
  • Options
    minababeminababe Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    furlong359 wrote: »
    I for one, am looking forward to this event . Yeah I have a few Alts that collect dust, but you know its been awhile since I've made a character and played the first half of the story line . It will be fun and will give my main a chance to catch her breath. I also have enough ships that I don't get a chance to play with but now will. If it costs money me so be it. I like my trek and if I want it to be here tomorrow....

Same here. I haven't played the earlier episodes in so long that playing them again will be like discovering the game for the first time. I'll try it. If I like it, I'll keep playing the event. If I don't like it, I won't. It's as simple as that.
    I really don't get it...

I do. They lack perspective. That's what happens when people play a game obsessively day in, day out and years and years without taking mini-breaks or a hiatus like most players do. When people play a game that way, they never, ever see the major improvements.
    The only war I see coming is the one between the players and PWE/Cryptic if the latter keep on wrecking the Star Trek experience.

Which "players"? The ones that enjoy the game or the vocal and disgruntled minority that keeps pretending to speak for them?
    What they mean is another way to force you to buy the same lobi ship and doffs all over agian and to upgrade even further meaning $$$$$$$$$$$ for the company while our game lives and breathe's infested with bugs wtf people to many dev fan boys

To FORCE you? So the company is putting a gun to your head FORCING you to buy lobi ships and DOFFS over and over again?
    To all of you that are looking forward to this i say to you......You must not of spent allot money or time on your main but to be force to construct a new toon just for unique bonous's and account bonous's is lame in the buttom line they are forceing us to level one toon to rule all and going to cost players tons of money so cheer on you guppie's

FORCED...FORCING...I'm sensing a pattern here.
    My Foundry Mission--Name: Falling Star | Mission ID: HQIH36HAW | Faction: FED
  • Options
    bobosmrade1bobosmrade1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Wow, just wow
    Cave Troll vs Forum troll
    Know the difference
    It could save your life...
    rushatsi wrote: »
    pvp? whats dat?
    Pervert vs. Pervert!:eek:
  • Options
    armitage95armitage95 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I have 32 toons all 32 level 60 But i have spent enough unless they make every option open to our old toons i cant not and will not support this change while some really bad bugs are affecting allot of us I honestly beleave server stability and current game play should be fixed before ne more is added how else do we know its all working

Can you please take a breather? I can barely understand what you are trying to type.

But regardless of that, the fact that you apparently have 32 alts spread over 8 accounts and around 2k invested in all of them, you are actually supporting the practices you want stopped.

That is the definition of being a hypocrite.:mad:

This whole thread about one of the most interesting events to come out so far has just become nothing more than another hate thread, it seems. :(
  • Options
    bobosmrade1bobosmrade1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    This whole thread about one of the most interesting events to come out so far has just become nothing more than another hate thread, it seems. :(

Welcome to the STO forums
    Cave Troll vs Forum troll
    Know the difference
    It could save your life...
    rushatsi wrote: »
    pvp? whats dat?
    Pervert vs. Pervert!:eek:
  • Options
    thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Just curious ... what's so interesting about it ?

- same old Missions with some Minigame on Top
    - some additional Crafting, Dil & XP Rewards
    - a Starship Trait

Did I miss something ? How does this even beat the CC-Event ... is it going to be fun ? ... maybe ... but that's about it ...
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • Options
    hamjamiamhamjamiam Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Well, I've kinda always wanted a Fed Science Character. Now's a great opportunity, I reckon.
  • Options
    gameversemangameverseman Member Posts: 1,110 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    As much as I hate grinding.. level grinding (i.e. leveling) is something I actually enjoy. It's, for me, the only grind that actually is rewarding. End-game grinding is meaningless because the only way to progress is to grind unlike leveling.... and progress is determined by performance rather than development. In leveling it's the opposite. Your performance will increase just as your development does. You can level just from story Arcs alone which is all, actual, content. Is it old? yes. Have we done it before? yes. Have I done it with a delta recruit? no. I'm only hoping that the rewards are a bit over-the-top and that the auxiliary "story line" has an abundance of substance that can help freshen up the old story arcs or, at least, make them less of a grind. As I said before, my pressing concern is that I don't have a practical competent ship to put my recruit into (thanks Cryptic) that I'm not already flying with at least 2 other alts.
    signature.png
  • Options
    saedeithsaedeith Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Seems like a good reason to roll a new character to me. I'm on board with this.
  • Options
    bloodboltbloodbolt Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Winter ehm War is coming
  • Options
    spookpwaspookpwa Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    minababe wrote: »
    Which "players"? The ones that enjoy the game or the vocal and disgruntled minority that keeps pretending to speak for them?

Sooo how do you know which group is minority?

Just wondering because when people that like the game, and its current power creep, complains about others being minorities I notice that a lot of people I used to play with is gone. :(

Perhaps most that are annoyed just start play another game without mentioning their concerns? :rolleyes:
    Double_e23652_217093.jpg

A test server is supposed to be used to properly test patches before patching anything....
  • Options
    thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Wasn't it nine rings for men, doomed to die, seven rings for the dwarven lords, and three for the elves?
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • Options
    gameshogungameshogun Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Woah, that's one big event.

Time for a new character. Har.. har..
    [ Home | Bio | Send me a gift! ]
    [ Blog: YOOki Chronicles ]
    [ Verify me: Keybase | OpenPGP ]

"Someone should do a story where a Horta meets a Vorta. And then they find a portal to Vorta-Vor and become immortal. Sorta." ~Christopher L. Bennett
  • Options
    ccarmichael07ccarmichael07 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'm curious if anything will be done for Delta Recruits during this event to ease the Rep grind on some of the outdated Reputations.

After all, the purpose of this event is to get these recruits ready for battle right? But the rep grinds (Nukara, Romulan Republic, Dyson Sphere) take a rather long time to build, and the Space and Ground rep traits are far to important to be skipped over.

Perhaps a "head start" on certain reps? Like Tier 1 automatically unlocked for Nukara, Romulan and Dyson Sphere upon reaching Level 50 as a Delta Recruit?

Hope Cryptic is planning to really give these characters a leg up, and not simply hype and lip service.

"You shoot him, I shoot you, I leave both your bodies here and go out for a late night snack.
    I'm thinking maybe pancakes." ~ John Casey
  • Options
    tiekosoratiekosora Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    qjunior wrote: »
    I already have 14 empty character slots and there is a reason for that, not gonna make new ones anytime soon. Is there such a thing as anti-excitement ? If so, I'm experiencing it right now. :(

LOL Sorry but when I read that, I pictured this as a signature image quote, with Grumpy Cat dressed in a Starfleet uniform.
    18EOWbV.jpg

They make a wondrous mess of things. Brave amateurs, they do their part.