test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Delta Recruitment

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
edited April 2015 in Galactic News Network [PC]
War is coming, and recruits are needed for the fight! It's time to sign up to protect the galaxy from the Iconians. If the badge fits, wear it!

Report in for more information!

~LaughingTrendy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    War is coming

Don't you mean: Winter is coming? ;) Sounds very interesting...
  • Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Story-driven and account-wide are good adjectives if that turns out to actually be the case and not just marketing hype. We'll see.

(I know, I know, fool me once....)
  • Options
    sthraxpwesthraxpwe Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    szim wrote: »
    Don't you mean: Winter is coming? ;)

Lol, that was also the first thing that popped into my head...
  • Options
    sinn74sinn74 Member Posts: 1,149 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Does this mean Delta Fleets (read: cross-faction fleets) incoming, too?
  • Options
    fudgemonkfudgemonk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I honestly feel there is enough on my screen already, I don't need another mission tracker.... Also I don't want to be forced to create another new toon just to be able to participate....
  • Options
    cidstormcidstorm Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    And now our characters themselves fall victim to planned obsolescence.
  • Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    No Thanks!

I've barely enough time to fully dedicate to the three characters I'm already trying to work with, and now you want me to create more? That's more level work, more grind work (for the marks, and the dilithium), more research (to get through R&D schools again) and more excessive (and unfruitful) upgrades.

I really can't be bothered to create and level up another character for what will undoubtedly not be worth it by the end of that reign. Whatever unique rewards that'll be given likely aren't going to be good enough (long-term) to justify another grind.

I'll pass.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • Options
    bridgernbridgern Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Is this Season 10?
    Bridger.png
  • Options
    gazurtoidgazurtoid Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    10ec says that the mysterious benefactor is your character in the future - and you eventually complete the timeloop in a future episode.

Also:

"All Delta Recruits will have an inherent bonus trait during the Delta Recruit Event of generating Dilithium Ore upon defeating enemies, a bonus which extends to your entire group. This trait will only be available during this event and will be gone once the Delta Recruitment event ends, so gather your Dilithium Ore while you can"

I am sure I can find a way to abuse this:P
    yjkZSeM.gif
  • Options
    r5e4w3q2r5e4w3q2 Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    "If the badge fits, wear it!"

"Starfleet, the Klingon Defense Force, and the Romulan Republic have all kicked up their recruiting efforts."

All three badges are Starfleet though...
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    bridgern wrote: »
    Is this Season 10?
    More like Season R (for rewind).

Edit: If these unique rewards include a high-end Constitution or anything from the ENT, TOS or TMP era, and those items are specific to only people that create and grind new characters, I foresee a large portion of players moving on.
  • Options
    dragonseye1138dragonseye1138 Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Further proof that Cryptic/PWE is only concerned with acquiring new players, and has absolutely zero interest in keeping existing ones. Pathetic.
    Q is a Magical Girl.
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    lol what

Cryptic, you already made it hard enough to play the alts I already have with DR and now you want me to make another one?

What is this I don't even
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Further proof that Cryptic/PWE is only concerned with acquiring new players, and has absolutely zero interest in keeping existing ones. Pathetic.
    I can't see how they're going to get new players, they're probably trying to encourage old ones back, but if this is their great idea, then they haven't got much of (an idea).

The grind for existing characters is slow and repetitive, I can't see what logic they've come up with that's going to make people want to start even more characters. Just doesn't make sense.

Edit: Cryptic, do yourselves a favour, if you're introducing this (as you are) then some more species options are going to go a long way toward helping. Xindi Primates for the Federation would be a good start, and Suliban for the Republic? Will be lost on me (see previous) but if you're wanting to entice people...
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    cidstorm wrote: »

I'll be holding out to see what and how many rewards from this are "account-wide" and what if any new perks the alts get to keep after the event ends before I judge too harshly.

I am curious about the Temporal Insight trait and what the rewards are.

If they make one of the rewards, for example, an accountwide T6 timeship for hitting level 60 during the event, I pretty much will HAVE to participate. ;-)
  • Options
    djconcentusdjconcentus Member Posts: 177 Media Corps
    edited March 2015
    gazurtoid wrote: »

Also:

"All Delta Recruits will have an inherent bonus trait during the Delta Recruit Event of generating Dilithium Ore upon defeating enemies, a bonus which extends to your entire group. This trait will only be available during this event and will be gone once the Delta Recruitment event ends, so gather your Dilithium Ore while you can"

I am sure I can find a way to abuse this:P

20ec says that the Dilithium reward will be removed before it goes live or within 1 day of it going live.
    The opinions expressed in my posts are not necessarily those of my employer or Subspace Radio.
    Host of the Borg Boombox, 0300 GMT on Fridays on Subspace Radio
  • Options
    morden613morden613 Member Posts: 365 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    And Cryptic/PWE can't grandfather these "benefits" onto existing players who have already completed DR why?
    It would be a nice thing but it would make way too much sense.
  • Options
    garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    yeaha time travel staff and finally i can create my 55. captain :D:eek:
  • Options
    walshicuswalshicus Member Posts: 1,314 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Further proof? We just had an expansion created to aid retention instead of acquisition.
    http://mmo-economics.com - analysing the economic interactions in MMOs.
  • Options
    stealthriderstealthrider Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    "Hey, you know those characters you've played for years, spent countless dollars and time working on and love? **** them! They're old and useless, play new ones! Spend money on new ones! New ones are better 'cause we said so!"

Yeah, seriously. Enough with the "**** you, you stupid players" nonsense.

Get your **** together and stop ****ing with your players.
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I have...extremely mixed feelings about this. This is clear proof of declining player numbers and desperation to increase those values again. You know what would also help in that regard? Addressing the game's multitude of gameplay and stability issues. Did you guys actually forget what happened in February? And you expect the servers to maintain stability with this kind of event? :confused:

This wasn't thought through in the slightest. It's like you guys are purposely trying to avoid fixing the problems with this game and instead are pushing for more gimmicky schemes like this at warp 10! *smfh*
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    flash525 wrote: »
    More like Season R (for rewind).

Edit: If these unique rewards include a high-end Constitution or anything from the ENT, TOS or TMP era, and those items are specific to only people that create and grind new characters, I foresee a large portion of players moving on.

I have a feeling it may be a new temporal shuttle and/or T6 timeship.

This looks to be an add-on event for existing content using Captain Walker from Temporal Ambassador. The account-wide trait is "Temporal Insight." My level and trajectory of enthusiasm will be related to how this all works for my existing level 60 who I've put a lot of effort into making a Temporal-themed character.
  • Options
    breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    fudgemonk wrote: »
    I honestly feel there is enough on my screen already, I don't need another mission tracker.... Also I don't want to be forced to create another new toon just to be able to participate....
    cidstorm wrote: »

^That.

The idea is nice, but forcing current players to create new characters to unlock character and account-wide bonuses... no, just no. It's a wonderful idea if folks want to create a new character, but in practice it is the exact opposite of Veteran Rewards. Make it possible to sign existing characters up as Delta Recruits and you might have some participation...

If I have to buy character slots or delete and freakin' re-level a character to participate... bitemepwe's forum handle seems appropriate, for once.
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • Options
    gonaliusgonalius Member Posts: 893 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    <Grumble, mumble...> Just recently created and levelled three characters, and now you throw this at us... I was going to be leaving the game for a time after the anniversary, but first you throw the Crystal event at us, now Delta Recruitment... Dagnabbit, I want time off this game to do other things before I risk getting burnt out!

Thanks!
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    ^That.

The idea is nice, but forcing current players to create new characters to unlock character and account-wide bonuses... no, just no. It's a wonderful idea if folks want to create a new character, but in practice it is the exact opposite of Veteran Rewards. Make it possible to sign existing characters up as Delta Recruits and you might have some participation, but if I have to buy character slots or delete and freakin' re-level a character... bitemepwe's forum handle seems appropriate, for once.

They're giving you a character slot, if that helps.
  • Options
    hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I won't mind this new character ONLY if Cryptic would at least turn on XP boosts for Delta Recruit characters. Gives us a reason to play with this new character, and encourages us to use them in order to unlock the XP boosts for regular characters.
  • Options
    strorusstrorus Member Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I like the idea of the opportunity to start a new character, but why would establish players want to start a new character...

When you may have invest 1000s of hours / money in one character why would you do the same on another new one?

I wonder what the rewards will be?
  • Options
    coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Hmm. Interesting. It basically reads like a month and a bit long EXP weekend with some further perks for new Captains created during this recruitment period. When I heard the name I was expecting some sort of LTS referral promotion thing.

And after this is done, one assumes it's the final war with the main game antagonists. I'm more curious about what happens after.
  • Options
    djconcentusdjconcentus Member Posts: 177 Media Corps
    edited March 2015
    If the Reputation System was an account-level thing instead of a character-level thing I'd be inclined to at least give this thing a try, but I have no desire to grind through all those Reputations again. Even with the Sponsorship bonus.
    The opinions expressed in my posts are not necessarily those of my employer or Subspace Radio.
    Host of the Borg Boombox, 0300 GMT on Fridays on Subspace Radio
  • Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    While this all looks very interesting, I'm a bit disappointed that you'll have to create a whole new character. I just created a new one, even bought the Joined Trill unlock specifically for this character. Levelled her to level 40 in a few days to be able to do the Chrystalline event before it ends and bought a Voth ship.

Now I have a choice: create yet another character, which means another character that needs development, or delete this new one, lose the ship and all the effort and be unable to do the Chrystalline event since it'll be over by the time this new event starts.

Please Cryptic, I think a lot of people would enjoy this event a lot better if we could just select one existing character and convert that character to a Delta Recruit. I don't like one-time rewards and now even one-time reward systems. I want all my characters to be able to be fully developed and I don't want to create new characters just to be able to make use of the rewards from one event.