test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Delta Recruitment

Comments

• cody0893cody0893 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I have 32 toons all 32 level 60 But i have spent enough unless they make every option open to our old toons i cant not and will not support this change while some really bad bugs are affecting allot of us I honestly beleave server stability and current game play should be fixed before ne more is added how else do we know its all working
    They killed your Alt's now they want your main
  • nadiezjanadiezja Member Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    cody0893 wrote: »
    8 accounts delta packs for all

8 new lobi for the siad accouints

23 elite boffs for the siad accounts

8 marion france dulmer for siad accounts

Omg i can list not to mention my fleets holding omg

8 accounts? Dude, no offense, but you're the very definition of a corner case. Not to mention possibly more than a little mad...
  • tobiashirttobiashirt Member Posts: 630 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    nadiezja wrote: »
    ... What did you slend $2k on? If I won the lottery, I couldn't spend $2k on STO in six months if I tried.

This...so much this. 2k for 8 accounts in only 6 months? It seems that despite how much DR is decried, you've proven you're willing to spend to get a jump on the game, which means to the company that there's a likely future revenue source. If DR really did kill alts, one would think you'd have less than 32...but I'll grant that the ocd/need for completion does turn any new alt into X number of more dollars needed.

When I become bored/disinterested/fed up with the game, I simply throttle back any discretionary spending...it's that simple. If you're mad about how much stuff costs, don't buy it. Short of a handful of elite queues, most of that stuff isn't needed anyway, and since PvP is the only real arena that needs min-maxing, just maintain a few toons to PvP spec to cut back.

In a nutshell, fish or cut bait as regards further spending on the game, but realize that spending $2k in a few months speaks more to PWE than empty threats to close a wallet.
  • o0galathor0oo0galathor0o Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The only war I see coming ist the one between the players and PWE/Cryptic if the latter keep on wrecking the Star Trek experience.

In this spirit: "See you in the verse".
    ~ Don't blame the clown for being a clown, blame yourself for going to the circus ~
  • minababeminababe Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    furlong359 wrote: »
    I for one, am looking forward to this event . Yeah I have a few Alts that collect dust, but you know its been awhile since I've made a character and played the first half of the story line . It will be fun and will give my main a chance to catch her breath. I also have enough ships that I don't get a chance to play with but now will. If it costs money me so be it. I like my trek and if I want it to be here tomorrow....

Same here. I haven't played the earlier episodes in so long that playing them again will be like discovering the game for the first time. I'll try it. If I like it, I'll keep playing the event. If I don't like it, I won't. It's as simple as that.
    nadiezja wrote: »
    I really don't get it...

I do. They lack perspective. That's what happens when people play a game obsessively day in, day out and years and years without taking mini-breaks or a hiatus like most players do. When people play a game that way, they never, ever see the major improvements.
    The only war I see coming is the one between the players and PWE/Cryptic if the latter keep on wrecking the Star Trek experience.

Which "players"? The ones that enjoy the game or the vocal and disgruntled minority that keeps pretending to speak for them?
    What they mean is another way to force you to buy the same lobi ship and doffs all over agian and to upgrade even further meaning $$$$$$$$$$$ for the company while our game lives and breathe's infested with bugs wtf people to many dev fan boys

To FORCE you? So the company is putting a gun to your head FORCING you to buy lobi ships and DOFFS over and over again?
    To all of you that are looking forward to this i say to you......You must not of spent allot money or time on your main but to be force to construct a new toon just for unique bonous's and account bonous's is lame in the buttom line they are forceing us to level one toon to rule all and going to cost players tons of money so cheer on you guppie's

FORCED...FORCING...I'm sensing a pattern here.
    My Foundry Mission--Name: Falling Star | Mission ID: HQIH36HAW | Faction: FED
  • bobosmrade1bobosmrade1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Wow, just wow
    Cave Troll vs Forum troll
    Know the difference
    It could save your life...
    rushatsi wrote: »
    pvp? whats dat?
    Pervert vs. Pervert!:eek:
  • armitage95armitage95 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I have 32 toons all 32 level 60 But i have spent enough unless they make every option open to our old toons i cant not and will not support this change while some really bad bugs are affecting allot of us I honestly beleave server stability and current game play should be fixed before ne more is added how else do we know its all working

Can you please take a breather? I can barely understand what you are trying to type.

But regardless of that, the fact that you apparently have 32 alts spread over 8 accounts and around 2k invested in all of them, you are actually supporting the practices you want stopped.

That is the definition of being a hypocrite.:mad:

This whole thread about one of the most interesting events to come out so far has just become nothing more than another hate thread, it seems. :(
  • bobosmrade1bobosmrade1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    armitage95 wrote: »
    This whole thread about one of the most interesting events to come out so far has just become nothing more than another hate thread, it seems. :(

Welcome to the STO forums
    Cave Troll vs Forum troll
    Know the difference
    It could save your life...
    rushatsi wrote: »
    pvp? whats dat?
    Pervert vs. Pervert!:eek:
  • thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    armitage95 wrote: »

Just curious ... what's so interesting about it ?

- same old Missions with some Minigame on Top
    - some additional Crafting, Dil & XP Rewards
    - a Starship Trait

Did I miss something ? How does this even beat the CC-Event ... is it going to be fun ? ... maybe ... but that's about it ...
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • hamjamiamhamjamiam Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Well, I've kinda always wanted a Fed Science Character. Now's a great opportunity, I reckon.
  • gameversemangameverseman Member Posts: 1,110 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    As much as I hate grinding.. level grinding (i.e. leveling) is something I actually enjoy. It's, for me, the only grind that actually is rewarding. End-game grinding is meaningless because the only way to progress is to grind unlike leveling.... and progress is determined by performance rather than development. In leveling it's the opposite. Your performance will increase just as your development does. You can level just from story Arcs alone which is all, actual, content. Is it old? yes. Have we done it before? yes. Have I done it with a delta recruit? no. I'm only hoping that the rewards are a bit over-the-top and that the auxiliary "story line" has an abundance of substance that can help freshen up the old story arcs or, at least, make them less of a grind. As I said before, my pressing concern is that I don't have a practical competent ship to put my recruit into (thanks Cryptic) that I'm not already flying with at least 2 other alts.
    signature.png
  • saedeithsaedeith Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Seems like a good reason to roll a new character to me. I'm on board with this.
  • bloodboltbloodbolt Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Winter ehm War is coming
  • spookpwaspookpwa Member Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    minababe wrote: »
    Which "players"? The ones that enjoy the game or the vocal and disgruntled minority that keeps pretending to speak for them?

Sooo how do you know which group is minority?

Just wondering because when people that like the game, and its current power creep, complains about others being minorities I notice that a lot of people I used to play with is gone. :(

Perhaps most that are annoyed just start play another game without mentioning their concerns? :rolleyes:
    Double_e23652_217093.jpg

A test server is supposed to be used to properly test patches before patching anything....
  • thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Wasn't it nine rings for men, doomed to die, seven rings for the dwarven lords, and three for the elves?
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • gameshogungameshogun Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Woah, that's one big event.

Time for a new character. Har.. har..
    [ Home | Bio | Send me a gift! ]
    [ Blog: YOOki Chronicles ]
    [ Verify me: Keybase | OpenPGP ]

"Someone should do a story where a Horta meets a Vorta. And then they find a portal to Vorta-Vor and become immortal. Sorta." ~Christopher L. Bennett
  • ccarmichael07ccarmichael07 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'm curious if anything will be done for Delta Recruits during this event to ease the Rep grind on some of the outdated Reputations.

After all, the purpose of this event is to get these recruits ready for battle right? But the rep grinds (Nukara, Romulan Republic, Dyson Sphere) take a rather long time to build, and the Space and Ground rep traits are far to important to be skipped over.

Perhaps a "head start" on certain reps? Like Tier 1 automatically unlocked for Nukara, Romulan and Dyson Sphere upon reaching Level 50 as a Delta Recruit?

Hope Cryptic is planning to really give these characters a leg up, and not simply hype and lip service.

"You shoot him, I shoot you, I leave both your bodies here and go out for a late night snack.
    I'm thinking maybe pancakes." ~ John Casey
  • tiekosoratiekosora Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    qjunior wrote: »
    I already have 14 empty character slots and there is a reason for that, not gonna make new ones anytime soon. Is there such a thing as anti-excitement ? If so, I'm experiencing it right now. :(

LOL Sorry but when I read that, I pictured this as a signature image quote, with Grumpy Cat dressed in a Starfleet uniform.
    18EOWbV.jpg

They make a wondrous mess of things. Brave amateurs, they do their part.
  • whicky1978whicky1978 Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Interesting how they say the Delta Recruits will have a storyline that runs PARALLEL to each faction story. Meaning these new characters aren't running the same story as those that came before it.

Why it is limited to characters during that time frame.

I agree. The timelimit sucks. :mad: At best, I am able to work on one charactor per year, usually I get a new toon in the summer when there is nothing on TV. Story line is only running for 6 weeks ???
  • captainkroncaptainkron Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Will we have to do the tutorial or can we skip it? Is the tutorial mandatory for Delta Recruits? ;)
    CibJ7qu.jpg?1
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2015
    Perhaps a "head start" on certain reps? Like Tier 1 automatically unlocked for Nukara, Romulan and Dyson Sphere upon reaching Level 50 as a Delta Recruit?

Hope Cryptic is planning to really give these characters a leg up, and not simply hype and lip service.

Since the rep sponsorship system was added, tier 1 takes one daily project to unlock if you've already completed it on another toon. So that wouldn't really be much of a 'leg up'. Though I get where you're coming from, personally I'd prefer a head start on the Spec trees or R+D systems since those are the parts of the games which are the least alt friendly these days.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I would like to be able to choose a T5/6 Ship to do my leveling in... That way I could be earning the Spec points while I'm going through, and not just wait 'till I'm a 50 to start earning them. Also, having the Rep System opened right away would go a long way to earning marks and completing content...

Just saying...

CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • furlong359furlong359 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    All'ya'lls got to be kidding . Free rep and free r&d levels ? What the heck . while your asking for free stuff why not ask to level up once to 60 the minute you log in . That's plain silly . The whole "I've been here for X amount of days/months/ years and therefore demand special treatment " attitude is frankly sad.
    Play the game or don't . The Delta recruitment story line should be fun on its own . Everything else is just a bonus
  • alienworldsalienworlds Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    This is an extremely interesting and fun idea. Thanks, devs!
    edited March 2015
    Will we have to do the tutorial or can we skip it? Is the tutorial mandatory for Delta Recruits? ;)

"Your Faction's Tutorial" is where you'll meet the "mysterious benefactor " ... so you probably can't skip it ...
    whicky1978 wrote: »
    I agree. The timelimit sucks. :mad: At best, I am able to work on one charactor per year, usually I get a new toon in the summer when there is nothing on TV. Story line is only running for 6 weeks ???

It's amazing how many people give into the hype, and don't even read the other Blogs ... there isn't going to be any new "Storyline" (ok probably depends on your definition) ... but you'll only get some hidden clues, within the same old Missions (Klingon War - Breen etc ...) -> that's the "parallel Storyline" ... probably some Minigame, or new Console to interact with ...
    Delta Recruits on missions will occasionally find additional mission steps asking them to locate something on the map that will help fight a war in the future.

-> Point being ... you're not gonna miss out on much "story-wise" ...
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,782 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    So correct me if I have this wrong, but we have to WAIT until April 2nd BEFORE we can create our new DR Captain using our new free Character Slot?
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
    edited March 2015
    So correct me if I have this wrong, but we have to WAIT until April 2nd BEFORE we can create our new DR Captain using our new free Character Slot?

Yes you'll have to wait ...
  • highlandrisehighlandrise Member Posts: 354 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Dont know if this was allready asked or Answered, but i dont wanna go through 56 Pages and Search between the Lines, so my Question about this Delta Recruitment thingy would be:

Whatever is "new" on those Missions, and whatever we will Get from playing with that Delta Recruit (unlocks, items and so on) will it be Faction Specific? How many Delta Recruits we need to unlock / get Everything that is avaible? one per Faction? (Fed, Kdf, Rom) or just one character? or even 3 Characters per Faction so a Tac / Eng and a Sci so 9 Chars in Total??? If we only go with one Character so Just one Faction, will we Miss anything on the other 2 Factions? Be it Story, Rewards, Unlocks whatever?

And is it allready known what exactly we will get other than that Ship Trait? (and what trait that will be, is that Trait an Account Wide Unlock anyway??)

In the Official News i dont see many Details, so would be Great if someone could bring some Light into the Darkness :confused:
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    not much info still not giing me much to get excited about
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'm still not fully convinced to create another character. Since I have 3, I barely have time to play now. And 3 more that I rarely play. So I'm not sure how a 4th will really help.

Hope they show some of the rewards for doing this in a blog. Before I make my final decision when it comes live.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.