What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Official Feedback Thread for the Sector Space Revamp

Comments

• Options
    baconmaesterbaconmaester Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Currently having trouble even getting onto the Tribble Server. Not sure why this is happening but after the Cryptic Load Screen and Star Trek Online Screen it turns black and locks up.
  • Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Didn't read the thread, but has anybody tested the transwarps you get from the Fleet Transwarp Conduit to see if they redirect properly?

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 1,495 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The placement of the Mutara Nebula notwithstanding (could just be referenced as another of its class) is there any way to show the intermittent static discharges/flashes when near the nebula in sector space? Or is it a problematic nightmare not worth doing?

Another unrelated issue; is there going to be an update to Diplomatic Immunity, since it's losing some of its benefit from this update, as we're now able to freely travel between the Federation's home sector and the Klingon Empire's now.
    U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-71895 - Nebula-class
    Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
    Dedication Plaque: "Nil Intentatum Reliquit"
  • Options
    vendahravendahra Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    It seems a couple of missions have gone missing with the revamp.

Sh-'mar, the freighter rescue mission was located to the right of the Zibal system from K7 on the old map doesn't seem to appear anywhere near Zibal, or anywhere else.

And the Defense Contract mission where we obtain Deuterium was at the Alhena system on the old mp doesn't come up when approaching either the star or the planet. I do these missions regularly and hope they don't just disappear.
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2015
    I like the random R+D nodes which seem to appear around the quadrant. So far I've found two 'unknown comets' and one 'unknown nebula'. Nice touch.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    If you're going to have Space Stations like DS9 and K-7 to "Scale" in Sector Space, perhaps you could replace their models with the high quality ones found in their actual system maps?

For example DS9 in SS is missing several Pylons on the inner ring, and K7 is a little low Poly.

Though, honestly I think DS9 and K7 should be the same size they're currently on holodeck, on tribble they take up a couple orbits, maybe scale them down to the size of the planets?
  • Options
    colonelchenchuancolonelchenchuan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    all anyone who has trotted over to tribble can talk about is the BLOOM.

Taco, I think you really need to look at that across the entire game.

A casual survey on one channel indicated that those that knew they could adjust bloom have theirs set between 20-50.

If a your players are having to reduce something by at least 50% then, to that indicates there is an issue.

Maybe the game should be geared for average set ups and not the handful of people who have $1000 sli cards
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    all anyone who has trotted over to tribble can talk about is the BLOOM.

Taco, I think you really need to look at that across the entire game.

A casual survey on one channel indicated that those that knew they could adjust bloom have theirs set between 20-50.

If a your players are having to reduce something by at least 50% then, to that indicates there is an issue.

Maybe the game should be geared for average set ups and not the handful of people who have $1000 sli cards

I don't have a $1000 SLI card setup, and I have no performance issues caused by bloom. The reason most people turn bloom down is because it's blindingly over bright in this game for some reason.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    This is probably more for your Lore/Story Team, but I don't think the Archer system in the Tau Dewa Sector block is the System the NX-01 visted in Season 1 of enterprise like the discription says.

According to Memory-Alpha, the system they visited in Season 1 was 61 Ursae Majoris. As does the system description.

Eh maybe it is, but it seems awfully far from Earth.

Then again Season 1 enterprise isn't very good haha.
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Just got into Tribble....

WOoOW!!!!!!!

:eek:

This is fantastic!!!!!

KUDOS to Youse Guys!!!

Despite the few smiggling texture BUGs and such to be worked out, this looks FANTABULOUS!!!

I think I'm going to wear out my exclamation key!!!

In my humble opinion, THIS, is the biggest and Best improvement to the game since it launched!!!!!

I just flew to Ferenginar for the first time.... too bad ya can't see it raining all over the planet. LoL
    (not a critique, just a joke)

Can't wait to find Betazed.

Really, I am very impressed, this is a wonderful new revamp of the games look.

Can't wait for it to hit the Holodeck!!!!!

:cool:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    naharikajalnaharikajal Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    It looks quite nice so far. But it seems that sometimes the sounds are disappearing. Also some of the planets are quite gloomy. But this could be also caused by my graphic settings.
  • Options
    colonelchenchuancolonelchenchuan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I don't have a $1000 SLI card setup, and I have no performance issues caused by bloom. The reason most people turn bloom down is because it's blindingly over bright in this game for some reason.

no one said anything about performance. Its the fact that with the deafualt bloom, its too blown out. After 5 years maybe its time to reevaluate.

In the past when ever we raised issues with poor lighting and effects, melting planets, bight white spots and blobby suns, they always used the excuse that the graphics were designed for "high end" systems when most players are either using quality cards or laptops.

Seems that the few people who use $1000 video cards should be the ones who need to make due rather than the vast majority of the player base.

When most anyone who has been on tribble comments on the bloom, then maybe its time to turn it way down.

Again from an informal survey, most people have theirs set from 20-50%. So if a player has to reduce the bloom by 70% then there is an issue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    no one said anything about performance. Its the fact that with the deafualt bloom, its too blown out. After 5 years maybe its time to reevaluate.

In the past when ever we raised issues with poor lighting and effects, melting planets, bight white spots and blobby suns, they always used the excuse that the graphics were designed for "high end" systems when most players are either using quality cards or laptops.

Seems that the few people who use $1000 video cards should be the ones who need to make due rather than the vast majority of the player base.

When most anyone who has been on tribble comments on the bloom, then maybe its time to turn it way down.

Again from an informal survey, most people have theirs set from 20-50%. So if a player has to reduce the bloom by 70% then there is an issue.

I don't disagree with the point you're making about the intensity needing tuned down. Though my reply was made because you referenced high end SLI setups, which don't change the intensity of bloom so much as they improve performance. So mentioning them in that context implied to me you were talking about performance.

On the topic of Tribble, Taco did already say the sun FX aren't final and they are going to be toned down a bit. So we'll just have to wait and see what they're like after that. If I set my bloom to anything below about 30-40% on Tribble just now the suns look terrible (no glow, just hideous textures). So yeah, I can see where you're coming from now, it just didn't make sense at first the way it was worded. Sorry.

For reference, I used to keep bloom off all the time just because I didn't like how bright it was.
  • Options
    omegagloryomegaglory Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I have a plea. I know there are a lot of people that have a problem with the scale of DS9. I also know that that size was chosen to give it more grandeur and that it won't be rescaled for that reason. So, I can half-heartedly accept that. How about a compromise? Can we (the people who think DS9 is too big) at least get it scaled down in Sector Space to be to scale with the Galaxy class in the following photo?

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/memoryalpha/images/6/66/Galaxy_class_docked_at_DS9.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140806221821&path-prefix=en
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    omegaglory wrote: »
    I have a plea. I know there are a lot of people that have a problem with the scale of DS9. I also know that that size was chosen to give it more grandeur and that it won't be rescaled for that reason. So, I can half-heartedly accept that. How about a compromise? Can we (the people who think DS9 is too big) at least get it scaled down in Sector Space to be to scale with the Galaxy class in the following photo?

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/memoryalpha/images/6/66/Galaxy_class_docked_at_DS9.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140806221821&path-prefix=en

That would be a very significant scale down compared to how it is right now on Tribble.

http://i.imgur.com/XgmnV8G.jpg

Was hoping to take it from the same angle as the screencap, but the camera zoom is pretty limited now.

Not saying I disagree though, when I first saw it the other day I instantly thought that it was far too big. But practically, I don't think they'd ever scale it down quite that much.
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Ship camera (possible) issue- this is with a T5U Fleet Assault Cruiser. It just doesn't feel like I can zoom out far enough. I don't actually usually zoom out too far from the ship, but in this case, the maximum zoom is about where I usually put the camera.
  • Options
    ch33soch33so Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I am amazed by the new sector space. Here's my first notes:

While watching Current Map doff missions I notice the set available changes slightly to the right of middle of the Vulcan sector, but properly between Argelius and Rator sectors. the Doff list shifts seem to follow the old sector blocks.

I like the deep space comet and unknown nebula extra research, was quite the fun experience to run across those thinking "what could this be?"

Also enjoyed the new Deep Space encounters. Ran the Elachi one with another player and we both slaughtered the waves of ships. The encounters may be a bit weak for lvl 60 players. Perhaps scale them by player level as well as number of players.

As a KDF main, I would like some easy way to tell if these encounters are available for KDF to participate for profit and glory or just FED, before I race across the sectors and find that it is a "friendly" contact.

Rolor nebula popup has no description text other than a lone "g". Also had no doff missions available when I checked.

Starbase 24 outline is visible from across the entire map. It is easily seen as a shadow against the galactic core background from any sector to the south/below the starbase.
    Also the same with some of the Doff clusters.

The stars seem to jump to full size on approach too quickly. If I fly toward one at full warp or MACO/AHG transwarpI cant turn quickly enough and crash into the stars.

Last (for now), the sector space "ceiling" is about 10ly above any actual content in sector space.

Great work so far!
    I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    As far as sector space revamp I like it being reduced by 300 loading screens when I doff my KDF. As well it seems more real being that my new command battlecruiser seems decently scaled and doesn't dwarf it at all like seeing a shuttle or bird of prey look like it could power a whole quadrant lol.

Now only thing they gotta do is relax this ahem not so american xp grind and loosen up those optionals so you can play with ppl who don't care about stuff/new players and not fail the whole mission. After that I might think about playing again on a regular basis but not until all the micro managing issues are taken care of tbh.
  • Options
    jarenriccarjarenriccar Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    hevach wrote: »

Unless it was a pair instability supernova, there should still be a remnant star.

Props for the science win. i had to look up what you said
    27507930894_3855d74146_o.jpg

• Options
    rekurzionrekurzion Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    You guys are really making some quality changes to game. This is a much anticipated edition to the game.

I like the fact of adding anomalies through space now that you can scan for materials. Is there a plan to make these foundry doors? Please oh please!!!
  • Options
    jarenriccarjarenriccar Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Can we finally...FINALLY change "Teneebia System" to "Deneb System" ?

It was clearly an oversight - a silly misunderstanding and misspelling in reference to the "Denebian Slime Devil". But it's just that, NOT "Teneebian Slime Devil". Check the Star Trek original scripts, the star trek wiki - everything.

Teneebia is wrong. Deneb is correct.

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Teneebia
    http://sto.gamepedia.com/Teneebia_System

totally different system
    27507930894_3855d74146_o.jpg

• Options
    captwilhelmcaptwilhelm Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    My piece of feedback:

First, the map looks amazing! It is big and so filled with systems that it feels real!!! Congratulations to the team.
    Now, to the bugs and things I did not liked.

I just approach Donia at high warp (transwarp on with the automatic pilot). The star went from a dot to a big ball taking my entire screen in a blink of eye. Also, the texture seemed lacking detail, making the star ugly.

Visual effects on the ships from equipament are out of scale. On my phantom, the nodes from the borg console was almost the size of the ship, and the glow from my Counter-Command impulse engine was too big. Camera positioning was fine, though.

Borg encounter: Why the V'ger-like ship is gone? Now these encounters become more boring. Just kill a bunch of probes and spheres and go home. Seriously, I do this with my eyes closed. No fun at all. I hope this is just a place holder mission and the old one comes back. Also, no bonux XP :( . Just like the Tholian red alert was not changed. But I liked that the alert pops up regardless of where you are.

Talking about red alerts... After I warped out of the Tholian red alert, I was put outside the map (I would say ~5-7 ly north of Lirss system). I had to hit my transwarp to return to the map.

DOff System: I hope it is in a highly WIP status. In Sector space, I get 0 assignments. Flew to Rolor nebula and got 0 assignments. Although a second check on Current Map showed 3 assignments. I know there is some talks about having to search for comets around to get assignments and this would be a great addition to the game. But not at the expanse of making DOff assignments so scarce.

Turn rate at my phantom seemed a bit low, but not by much. Perhaps it may need a minor tweak.

Deep space encounters having a bit more back history is nice!!! I approve it. Now, are these counting towards the old accolades "Defend Sector X"?

Edit: One more thing I noticed: Space pets looks like more space monsters, so big they are.
    Pre-forum change name: Captain Wilhelm

Thanks Cryptic for introducing the Kelvin Timeline. It remembered why I decided to never more put any money on this game.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    xelene13 wrote: »
    ... and also, what's up with Diplomacy and Maurading T3? Some FED below T3 went straight to Qo'noS last night.

I wonder if that was me you saw. I got done the P'Jem Mission last night and decided to see what would happen if I wanted to stroll up to Qo'nos in my Miranda. And of course nothing happened. Mind you at that point in the storyline my Character and Crew have been instructed that we are at war with the Klingons. So if Cryptic cared to make anyone at that point in the game feel as if they were at War I should of been intercepted at the edge of the Qo'nos Sector and either destroyed or turned back. But I wasnt. (Mind you Taco, I dont think you guys dont care about that fact. But the truth is up til this point Cryptic has done a poor job of giving the playerbase the sense of being at war with the other faction. And Im hoping by writing this post Im some how giving you guys an idea you can implement that will be friendly to your new Sector Map which Im currently enjoying even with the bugs.)

It really makes no sense why anyone regardless of what point in time they are in the Storyline should they be able to simply stroll across Sovereign Faction Borders. Let alone approach each others Capital and Core Systems without the Diplomatic Immunity and Raiding Party Flags. Ceasefire or War makes no difference. You dont go into other countries without proof of permission.

I fully understand that for the sake of giving Klingons a direct route to the Alpha Quadrant some leeway should be made. But as Ive mentioned in other posts regarding this matter. There needs to be NPC Guard Ships and maybe even 'Guard Toweresque' Starbases along the Borders on both sides maybe even an NPC Fleet standing ready near the borders (An NPC Fleet just outside of Deep Space K-7? And a Klingon NPC Fleet just outside of Ganalda? Maybe even parked in the actual Maps of DS: K-7 and Ganalda?) much like the Romulan Flotilla. It should feel as if even in light of the Ceasefire each side is doing what it can to maintain their Sovereignty and the safety of their Borders and Border Systems. But in its current state. There is nothing of the sort.

(Note:Maybe adding a Fed NPC Fleet near Sierra Nine standing guard over looking the direction of the RSE. With a Romulan Star Empire NPC Fleet somewhere within their Borders. Maybe the Dimorus Sector? It might be space and its supposed to be empty but these touches would bring a bit of life to the universe and make it more immersive.)

Even if they were to add these things to the borders. Space would still feel extremely empty and vast as it does now on Tribble. While at the same time providing an immersive layer to it that it is missing.

These Guard Tower Starbases and Roving NPC Guard Ships would act as Interceptors for Ships attempting to cross the Borders without Diplomatic Immunity and Raiding Party.

As for the Klingons/Klingon Aligned Romulans. The Fed NPC Guards and Guard Tower Starbases would not interfere with their movements as long as they dont go farther north than the Risa and Kassae Sectors. There would still be Fed NPC Guard Ships and Starbases along the Fed Klingon Border but they would not interfere with Klingon movement. But there would be NPC Guards at the edges of Risa, Kassae, Celes,Sierra/Vendor, and Teneebia patrolling these areas as youd expect Starfleet would be doing. And it would be these Guard Ships that would 'Intercept' the Klingon and Klingon Aligned Romulans attempting to cross over into the Core Sectors of the Federation without Raiding Party.

Certain Sectors on both sides of the offical borders would be open to both sides based on the needs of either side. Klingons needing clear access to the Alpha Quadrant and the Feds needing clear access to the PvP Zones, Dailes and other missions that take place in the Star Systems within Klingon Space.

Free Trade Routes for Klingon Access:
    Risa Sector
    Kassae Sector
    Sierra Sector
    Teneebia Sector
    Tellar Sector
    Denobula Sector
    Betazed Sector

Contested Sectors for Federation Access:
    Alderbaran Sector
    Donatu Sector
    Archanis Sector
    Ba'aja Sector
    Boreth Sector
    Mempa Sector

Sectors Otherwise Off Limits to the Klingons without Raiding Party would be as follows:
    Vulcan Sector
    Argelius Sector
    Orion Sector
    Celes Sector
    Deneb Sector
    Mizar Sector
    Trill Sector
    Draylon Sector

Sectors Otherwise Off Limits to the Federation without Diplomatic Immunity would be as follows:
    Qo'nos Sector
    Gamma Eridon Sector (unless there is a mission there for Feds?)
    Tiqchirgh Sector
    Gorath Sector
    Teroka Sector
    Pheben Sector
    B'moth Sector
    Sanek Sector

The simplest way to implement this would be for a pop up to appear with a Klingon for Feds and a Fed for Klingons telling them they are denied access and that they need to turn back. This pop up will immediately put the breaks on their ships and every time they exit the pop up they will either turn their ship around or be hit with another pop up causing them to remain parked. With DI and RP Flagged they will not receive the pop up and simply go about their business crossing the borders. They can even make the Popups treat you differently based on where you are Rank wise. Anyone beneath level 50 would get a 'You will be destroyed if you come any closer' warning while Level 50 and above would receive a more respectful toned warning like 'A Ceasefire does not give you the right to cross into our borders.'

The only over ruling factor in any of these would be if Klingons or Feds had Missions in the Sectors that were blacklisted for them.
  • Options
    admirisonadmirison Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I feel like walling off sectors based on faction is 1) overly complicated and 2) not really in keeping with the notion of an "open universe".

That being said, I wouldn't mind occasionally being forced to either fight or take some sort of evasive action while traveling through enemy-held sector space, including the Borg-controlled sectors in the northeast and the Delta Quadrant sectors.
    Author, "Facing the Past" and "Stepping Over the Line" (a duology), "Venus Unveiled", "Worlds of the Federation", and "Alliances and Alignments"
    Member, Shadowbroker
    Not linear
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    admirison wrote: »
    I feel like walling off sectors based on faction is 1) overly complicated and 2) not really in keeping with the notion of an "open universe".

That being said, I wouldn't mind occasionally being forced to either fight or take some sort of evasive action while traveling through enemy-held sector space, including the Borg-controlled sectors in the northeast and the Delta Quadrant sectors.

Both factions would still have access to the majority of both the Alpha and Beta Quadrants with what I have suggested. The only difference would be that Diplomatic Immunity, Raiding Party and a sense of immersion would still be very much apart of the game once this Revamp is implemented. The maps would still be very much an open universe but there would still be a restriction on areas you have no business going without the right flag.

In any other open world MMO. Youd experience this when trying to enter an enemy factions city or regions heavily guarded by NPCs of said faction. It really is no different and maintains that part of the Diplomacy DOffing incentive that is currently there.
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I wonder if that was me you saw. I got done the P'Jem Mission last night and decided to see what would happen if I wanted to stroll up to Qo'nos in my Miranda. And of course nothing happened. Mind you at that point in the storyline my Character and Crew have been instructed that we are at war with the Klingons. So if Cryptic cared to make anyone at that point in the game feel as if they were at War I should of been intercepted at the edge of the Qo'nos Sector and either destroyed or turned back. But I wasnt. (Mind you Taco, I dont think you guys dont care about that fact. But the truth is up til this point Cryptic has done a poor job of giving the playerbase the sense of being at war with the other faction. And Im hoping by writing this post Im some how giving you guys an idea you can implement that will be friendly to your new Sector Map which Im currently enjoying even with the bugs.)

It really makes no sense why anyone regardless of what point in time they are in the Storyline should they be able to simply stroll across Sovereign Faction Borders. Let alone approach each others Capital and Core Systems without the Diplomatic Immunity and Raiding Party Flags. Ceasefire or War makes no difference. You dont go into other countries without proof of permission.

I fully understand that for the sake of giving Klingons a direct route to the Alpha Quadrant some leeway should be made. But as Ive mentioned in other posts regarding this matter. There needs to be NPC Guard Ships and maybe even 'Guard Toweresque' Starbases along the Borders on both sides maybe even an NPC Fleet standing ready near the borders (An NPC Fleet just outside of Deep Space K-7? And a Klingon NPC Fleet just outside of Ganalda? Maybe even parked in the actual Maps of DS: K-7 and Ganalda?) much like the Romulan Flotilla. It should feel as if even in light of the Ceasefire each side is doing what it can to maintain their Sovereignty and the safety of their Borders and Border Systems. But in its current state. There is nothing of the sort.

(Note:Maybe adding a Fed NPC Fleet near Sierra Nine standing guard over looking the direction of the RSE. With a Romulan Star Empire NPC Fleet somewhere within their Borders. Maybe the Dimorus Sector? It might be space and its supposed to be empty but these touches would bring a bit of life to the universe and make it more immersive.)

Even if they were to add these things to the borders. Space would still feel extremely empty and vast as it does now on Tribble. While at the same time providing an immersive layer to it that it is missing.

These Guard Tower Starbases and Roving NPC Guard Ships would act as Interceptors for Ships attempting to cross the Borders without Diplomatic Immunity and Raiding Party.

As for the Klingons/Klingon Aligned Romulans. The Fed NPC Guards and Guard Tower Starbases would not interfere with their movements as long as they dont go farther north than the Risa and Kassae Sectors. There would still be Fed NPC Guard Ships and Starbases along the Fed Klingon Border but they would not interfere with Klingon movement. But there would be NPC Guards at the edges of Risa, Kassae, Celes,Sierra/Vendor, and Teneebia patrolling these areas as youd expect Starfleet would be doing. And it would be these Guard Ships that would 'Intercept' the Klingon and Klingon Aligned Romulans attempting to cross over into the Core Sectors of the Federation without Raiding Party.

Certain Sectors on both sides of the offical borders would be open to both sides based on the needs of either side. Klingons needing clear access to the Alpha Quadrant and the Feds needing clear access to the PvP Zones, Dailes and other missions that take place in the Star Systems within Klingon Space.

Free Trade Routes for Klingon Access:
    Risa Sector
    Kassae Sector
    Sierra Sector
    Teneebia Sector
    Tellar Sector
    Denobula Sector
    Betazed Sector

Contested Sectors for Federation Access:
    Alderbaran Sector
    Donatu Sector
    Archanis Sector
    Ba'aja Sector
    Boreth Sector
    Mempa Sector

Sectors Otherwise Off Limits to the Klingons without Raiding Party would be as follows:
    Vulcan Sector
    Argelius Sector
    Orion Sector
    Celes Sector
    Deneb Sector
    Mizar Sector
    Trill Sector
    Draylon Sector

Sectors Otherwise Off Limits to the Federation without Diplomatic Immunity would be as follows:
    Qo'nos Sector
    Gamma Eridon Sector (unless there is a mission there for Feds?)
    Tiqchirgh Sector
    Gorath Sector
    Teroka Sector
    Pheben Sector
    B'moth Sector
    Sanek Sector

The simplest way to implement this would be for a pop up to appear with a Klingon for Feds and a Fed for Klingons telling them they are denied access and that they need to turn back. This pop up will immediately put the breaks on their ships and every time they exit the pop up they will either turn their ship around or be hit with another pop up causing them to remain parked. With DI and RP Flagged they will not receive the pop up and simply go about their business crossing the borders. They can even make the Popups treat you differently based on where you are Rank wise. Anyone beneath level 50 would get a 'You will be destroyed if you come any closer' warning while Level 50 and above would receive a more respectful toned warning like 'A Ceasefire does not give you the right to cross into our borders.'

The only over ruling factor in any of these would be if Klingons or Feds had Missions in the Sectors that were blacklisted for them.

got an easier means, you get one pop up, then if you fail to accept the warning and you keep going into klingon territory, you are forced into a level adapated DSE with no XP or spec gain, once in the DSE you have no means to warp out and you have 2 carriers, 10 neghvars, 20 cruisers, 50 BOPs and a countless amount of shuttle/fighters to deal with just you in your own instanced DSE, if you survive that, you get 10 dreadnaughts and 30 neghvars. the only way out is death of your ship. after that point you are then put 5 lightyears away from the klingon border.

Each time you enter one of these DSEs, its automatically set to elite and you gain 2x the amount of injuries you would get usually and these ones actually cost EC.

After the forced DSE you are given a 60 minute cooldown, that any attempt at crossing the Klingon border would result in a self-destruct that would trigger a 24 hour cooldown and no higher plus additional random injuries, again cost EC.

same goes for federation territory for a klingon.

you want a deterrent, you have one with that. spare the rod spoil the child.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    captwilhelmcaptwilhelm Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    admirison wrote: »

In the past, long before the game was F2P and before the sector revamp, the deep space encounters used to chase you and force you into a deep space instance. It was painfull. You couldn't park in peace at sector space without being chased down and ofrced into combat. I say that having to evade NPC is a not good. I prefer the idea of having some areas closed (like the core sectors of federation for the klingons and the core of klingon sectors for federation) unless you have diplomatic imunnity.
    Pre-forum change name: Captain Wilhelm

Thanks Cryptic for introducing the Kelvin Timeline. It remembered why I decided to never more put any money on this game.
  • Options
    captainkroncaptainkron Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Wells Temporal Science ship on fed tac human male has camera zoomed in close on ship in sector space. And Excelsior transwarp button at top of UI caused game crash on fed tac human male.
    CibJ7qu.jpg?1
  • Options
    commanderkassycommanderkassy Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    My primary issue as of now is that when I set course for a system I oftentimes end up at its sun instead of the planet in the system, which can be really difficult to deal with. The stars are so huge now that when you are right next to them, they can entirely swallow your screen and your ship, especially with high bloom on.
    ♪ I'm going around not in circles but in spirographs.
    It's pretty much this hard to keep just one timeline intact. ♪
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    My primary issue as of now is that when I set course for a system I oftentimes end up at its sun instead of the planet in the system, which can be really difficult to deal with. The stars are so huge now that when you are right next to them, they can entirely swallow your screen and your ship, especially with high bloom on.

Yeah, that is a bit of a pain. Perhaps they could adjust the auto pilot feature to bring us within maybe half a light year of the star or something? That should put us on the outer edge of the system for most of them which would make it easier to navigate to whichever planet or station we're wanting to go to without having to turn around and get out of the blinding sun to try and find where it is we're supposed to be going.