What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Galaxy class

Comments

• Options
    neo1nxneo1nx Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    sorry to interupt but in the last priority podcast gecko mentioned that the most succesfull ( in term of sell ) ship is the galaxy x.

and i am sure that the galaxy retrofit is not far behind so that really show that many people would paid for a tier 6 version of them.the potential is here.

gecko was speaking about the sell of the command ship, they are the most succesfull sell of ship that the game ever have in that short time.
    the galaxy x sell more but only because it was here for about almost 5 years now.
    but imagine for a moment that those ships ( galaxy ) were OP like the scimitar, they would have litteraly obliterated the scoreboard!
  • Options
    dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    edalgo wrote: »
    Actually shields weren't responding and then Scotty said it was the automation circuit was overloaded not that the shields weren't capable of being raised. In fact everyone was shocked the shields didn't respond. In the opening scene Kirk tells Scotty that's he's "fixed the bar door after the horse has come home".

But yes due to Scotty being required to work on Excelsior there was no time to get the Enterprise even remotely 100% on full automation.

The M5 was a complete install with a full crew to prepare it. But it shows what could have been done with proper prep time.

it must have been a long trip back to space dock after the genesis planet was created, if you look at the damage in star trek 3, the ship is twice as banged up as it was since the last hit it took from the reliant.

neo1nx wrote: »
    sorry to interupt but in the last priority podcast gecko mentioned that the most succesfull ( in term of sell ) ship is the galaxy x.

and i am sure that the galaxy retrofit is not far behind so that really show that many people would paid for a tier 6 version of them.the potential is here.

gecko was speaking about the sell of the command ship, they are the most succesfull sell of ship that the game ever have in that short time.
    the galaxy x sell more but only because it was here for about almost 5 years now.
    but imagine for a moment that those ships ( galaxy ) were OP like the scimitar, they would have litteraly obliterated the scoreboard!

must be why they are so confused, how can we be unhappy? the ship made us the most money! doesn't that mean everyone's happy and there's nothing to complain about?

proud non supporter of the galaxy X here, one of the few ships i haven't bought.

thats kinda gross though, the command ships being such a success. you cant even use any command skills till you grind out 10 levels on the damn specialization. literally how can people keep buying ships, with the way the game is now
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    edalgo wrote: »
    Well there was time to reassign most of the cadet crew.

After so much damage they barely had main power and would limp back to ESD giving Scotty time for repairs.

Scotty wasn't assuming he would be leaving for Excelsior and resisted said command so he wanted to get things fixed asap on the way back.

no your missing my key point. the enterprise filming model has more then twice the damage on it in ST3 then it did at the end of ST2. implying it got in an even bigger battle off camera on the way back to earth?
  • Options
    supergirl1611supergirl1611 Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Or just put it down to another Great Movie Mistake :)

I doubt the Enterprise got into another battle, the extra damage between Khan and Spock could quite simply have been for dramtic value as the heroes return to Spacedock and the reception party waiting for them gets to see the deep scars left from the Khan fight in visual form. We got to see the emotional effect it had on the crew at the end of Khan.
  • Options
    nataku302nataku302 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited February 2015

Galaxy X sold well because its stats were better then the Galaxy R. I find it hard to believe the Galaxy X is more popular then the Galaxy R because there are a bunch of forums asking for a better Galaxy R and nothing about the Galaxy X. I personally don't like the galaxy x its an ugly ship compare to orginal Galaxy.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    The Gal-X probably outsells the R due to being far more useful than the R. But goes to show how popular the Galaxy is and kinda fuels the speculation that the R is in such a sorry state as Cryptic do fear giving the R decent stats, other/future ship sales might suffer.
  • Options
    spockout1spockout1 Member Posts: 314 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I thought I saw something somewhere about possibly the Enterprise got into a battle with the Klingons on the way home from Genesis to Spacedock. I don't remember where I got that from - I'm pretty sure it isn't canon. But, I find it an interesting notion.

Also, I have a strong suspicion that the Galaxy R is purposely left in a sorry state by the powers that be because if they made it a really good ship, a majority of people would be flying around in the "Enterprize-D" and Picarding well into the night. Where would that leave ship/lockbox key sales?

I know, she's not everyone's cup 'o Earl Grey, but I suspect that a majority of players either went from TOS into TNG, or started with TNG as their first Star Trek. Either way, TNG is the sweet spot.
    "After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing after all as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true. Except for a T5 Connie. That would be f*%#ing awesome." - Mr. Spock
  • Options
    gpgtxgpgtx Member Posts: 1,579 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    that was in a non-canon book

out of universe is they got rid of the damaged model and had to re-damage it and pretty much forgot exactly where the damage was placed
    victoriasig_zps23c45368.jpg
  • Options
    crimsonlenacrimsonlena Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The Gal-X probably outsells the R due to being far more useful than the R. But goes to show how popular the Galaxy is and kinda fuels the speculation that the R is in such a sorry state as Cryptic do fear giving the R decent stats, other/future ship sales might suffer.

I imagine this is probaly the same reason why the Defiant Class and Constitution Class ships havent been made proper to what is portrayed on the shows. People would buy those three ships and then never buy any other ship again, well except for those STF and PvP Guys.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    nataku302 wrote: »
    Galaxy X sold well because its stats were better then the Galaxy R. I find it hard to believe the Galaxy X is more popular then the Galaxy R because there are a bunch of forums asking for a better Galaxy R and nothing about the Galaxy X. I personally don't like the galaxy x its an ugly ship compare to orginal Galaxy.

the galaxy x didn't sold well just because its stats were better than the galaxy retrofit, but because it was a galaxy first, and a more efficient one, second.

the regent got better stats than the assault cruiser, but this was not sufficient to make it a top seller ship, in fact, from gecko own word, this ship was a disapointement in term of sell.

and better stats, well yes, but you better have to said it quick.
    indeed this ship ( galaxy x ) didn't have hangar back in the day, neither the separation console, it didn't have 4 tact console, not even 3... but 2. it didn't have 4 weapons slot in the back... but 3. the phaser lance use to have a 3 min cooldown instead of the nowaday 2min and the base firepower was cut by half.

there is also an other explanation concerning the "least" number of sell of the galaxy retrofit compared to the x during these product lifetime.
    the galaxy retrofit, as well as the defiant and intrepid was given for free when the season 2 ancient enemy was launched as a reward for reaching the new level cap of vice admiral 51 ( yes not 50).
    so there a bunch of people that litterally didn't buy the ship, wich right from the start cripple it sell stats.

i don't deny the desire of people in this game to have a more tactical or agressive galaxy, thus explaining the good sell of the galaxy x, but i am also convinced that if the galaxy retrofit was suited with better stats from the start, it would have largely been able to compete with the number of sell of the galaxy x.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    I imagine this is probaly the same reason why the Defiant Class and Constitution Class ships havent been made proper to what is portrayed on the shows. People would buy those three ships and then never buy any other ship again, well except for those STF and PvP Guys.

i am a pvp guy... well at least i use to be before delta rising:rolleyes:.
    and bielieve it or not but i when i got my hands on how the game work and stop experimenting, i only fly the galaxy x.
    and i mean, really!, just that ship!
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Hell why not just let us put the Galaxy skin on either the X or the Guardian.
    However to help keep some money in Cryptics pocket, whichever one they did, you have to own both ships in order to unlock the Galaxy skin to use on X or Guardian.

TBH i'll admit if i could take the extra parts off the X and make her look like a normal Galaxy or use the Galaxy skin on the Guardian, other than a Akira and Nebula i'd probably have the majority of my Fed toons in the Galaxy and try to make it work with whatever career that toon may be. I can't mothball the Nebula or Akira as both are ships of beauty
  • Options
    edited March 2015

say what? especially in the early game, the defiant was the ONLY ship cryptic actually got exactly right, being exclusively tactical heavy. and thanks to it, the galaxy and intrepid had to endure it's station setup model, even though such a heavily 1 sided setup was the polar opposite for accurate on ether ship. there's several factors that we can blame for the galaxy R being so terrible, but the defiant's setup starting a trend is at least in the top 3.
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited March 2015

I would agree with the others that part of the Galaxy-X's success is things like the referral reward and level cap reward.

That said, I did buy one. I loved it ever since I first saw her decloak in All Good Things, and my first alt was always going to be flying one as a matter of RP. For a tier 6 version I would certainly buy one again. Especially if they finally can get her Phaser Lance and shuttlebay control on the damn center line of the ship. And the warp trail from the midships nacelle.All are off center.

I think the Command ships sold well partially off of the looks and the customization (except those Klingon ships). I've seen a LOT of people flying them though, so the idea of them flying off the shelves matches up with what I'm seeing flying around.

Legitimately if the Scimitar in game is to be taken as the exact Scimitar displayed in Nemesis, then the Galaxy-X as portrayed in All Good Things should be in the same weight and hitting class.
    it must have been a long trip back to space dock after the genesis planet was created, if you look at the damage in star trek 3, the ship is twice as banged up as it was since the last hit it took from the reliant.
    I have heard of that book, with the Enterprise being attacked by Klingons.

must be why they are so confused, how can we be unhappy? the ship made us the most money! doesn't that mean everyone's happy and there's nothing to complain about?

proud non supporter of the galaxy X here, one of the few ships i haven't bought.

thats kinda gross though, the command ships being such a success. you cant even use any command skills till you grind out 10 levels on the damn specialization. literally how can people keep buying ships, with the way the game is now
    I think you underestimate how willing to grind some people are. Giving us the Kobali Command Engineer also probably helped a lot as well.

But yeah I can see why they could draw confusion that people aren't happy with the best seller. It seems to be a Cena situation.

And yes the Defiant is brilliantly canon. I can only imagine better now that people can upgrade quad cannons to MK XIV EPIC. Though I saw someone asking for dual quantum torpedo launchers. There's also a feeling that many devs are DS9 fans and thus give preferential treatment to the Defiant, but the fact is, she's pretty much as she appeared in the show. Tough and Dangerous
    the galaxy x didn't sold well just because its stats were better than the galaxy retrofit, but because it was a galaxy first, and a more efficient one, second.

the regent got better stats than the assault cruiser, but this was not sufficient to make it a top seller ship, in fact, from gecko own word, this ship was a disapointement in term of sell.
    I think I can pinpoint the issue with the Regent as an owner and proud Sovereign fan.

The Regent while a beautiful ship in its own rights, it's relation to the chicken design not withstanding, wasn't precisely what Sovereign fans wanted.

The dev team treats the Sovereign as if they didn't see it in Nemesis. The Sovereign Class in game is the Insurrection version. We want the Nemesis beast that went toe to toe with the predator and lived to tell the tale. Nowadays for a Tier 5U cruiser, yeah the layout is fine. But the model...it doesn't have the perfect version smooth transition to the saucer, the extra torpedo launcher placements, the slightly raised nacelles, the little tweaks made in that movie.

Even worse than that, the parts of the Regent did NOT blend well with the other Assault cruiser models at all. I run an assault cruiser with the Noble saucer, pylons, and nacelles with the Sovereign Stardrive and a Noble neck...I would prefer a Nemesis Sovereign neck because it's smooth.

But if you look at the mountain of options the Command Ships give and their sales, you can see that the customization is important in ship sales outside of the specifics. There's no need to allow kitbashing on an Excelsior for instance.
    and better stats, well yes, but you better have to said it quick.
    indeed this ship ( galaxy x ) didn't have hangar back in the day, neither the separation console, it didn't have 4 tact console, not even 3... but 2. it didn't have 4 weapons slot in the back... but 3. the phaser lance use to have a 3 min cooldown instead of the nowaday 2min and the base firepower was cut by half.

there is also an other explanation concerning the "least" number of sell of the galaxy retrofit compared to the x during these product lifetime.
    the galaxy retrofit, as well as the defiant and intrepid was given for free when the season 2 ancient enemy was launched as a reward for reaching the new level cap of vice admiral 51 ( yes not 50).
    so there a bunch of people that litterally didn't buy the ship, wich right from the start cripple it sell stats.

i don't deny the desire of people in this game to have a more tactical or agressive galaxy, thus explaining the good sell of the galaxy x, but i am also convinced that if the galaxy retrofit was suited with better stats from the start, it would have largely been able to compete with the number of sell of the galaxy x.

You're probably right.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited March 2015

(...)

That doesn't really make much sense, does it? I mean you can put the Sovereign skin on the Regent, it isn't even is named "regent" but "assault cruiser refit". And as far as I know the FACR is still one of the "best" out there.

EDIT: I'm sorry, I misunderstood. I somehow thought you meant it didn't sell better than the original assault cruiser but that's a free ship anyway. Just ignore what I said, I completely botched that XD
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Despite the Sovereign being a nice looking ship and she def shares some lines with the Excelsior. look at them together port/starboard. The Sovereign doesn't hold the same affection for a lot of TNG fans as it was a movie ship, it was a tool in the movies, whereas the Galaxy in the T.V was part of the cast.

The Sovereign in this game is one of the top cruisers and fun to use, she's everything the Galaxy is not. She can tank, can maneuver pretty well, play support or just wade in and blow **** up with little effort. Only thing she lacks as a Regent/Fleet Regent is science abilities as all she has the lt uni.

The Galaxy on the other hand can tank, can support, but without serious console, traits, boffs and major investment as a DPS ship or simply to make her maneuverable requires more work than any other Fed cruiser in game to achieve.

To use a Galaxy compared to other Fed cruisers is like driving Manual stick compared to a Automatic. Going from a Galaxy to another Fed cruiser is a smooth easy transition, going the other way is like jumping out a luxury car into a old banger where the gears stick, the engine skips and no power steering.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Despite the Sovereign being a nice looking ship and she def shares some lines with the Excelsior. look at them together port/starboard. The Sovereign doesn't hold the same affection for a lot of TNG fans as it was a movie ship, it was a tool in the movies, whereas the Galaxy in the T.V was part of the cast.
    I think I hold such great affection for the Sovereign because the Star Trek the movie sketch book that covered Generations and First Contact was one of the first Star Trek books that I ever got (and lost....I'm not crying!). But I got to see the inner workings of how they crafted her so I hold her in high regard. That said I feel that the Enterprise-E was as much a member of the cast as the Enterprise no bloody A, B, C, or D Retrofit was for the TOS movies.
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    spockout1spockout1 Member Posts: 314 Arc User
    edited March 2015

The Sovereign in this game is one of the top cruisers and fun to use, she's everything the Galaxy is not. She can tank, can maneuver pretty well, play support or just wade in and blow **** up with little effort. Only thing she lacks as a Regent/Fleet Regent is science abilities as all she has the lt uni.

The Galaxy on the other hand can tank, can support, but without serious console, traits, boffs and major investment as a DPS ship or simply to make her maneuverable requires more work than any other Fed cruiser in game to achieve.

To use a Galaxy compared to other Fed cruisers is like driving Manual stick compared to a Automatic. Going from a Galaxy to another Fed cruiser is a smooth easy transition, going the other way is like jumping out a luxury car into a old banger where the gears stick, the engine skips and no power steering.

That's part of the challenge I enjoy: taking that crappy setup the Galaxy has and making it relevant. Also, DPS aside, I don't think it's as difficult as you make it seem.
    "After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing after all as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true. Except for a T5 Connie. That would be f*%#ing awesome." - Mr. Spock
  • Options
    edited March 2015

you sorta got that analogy backwards. the galaxy is the automatic, all you can do is steer it and its uninspired to operate. its just about anything else thats more like a manual, you wield a scalpel, your tool is very responsive, you're in total control and every action can have profound effect.

spockout1 wrote: »
    That's part of the challenge I enjoy: taking that crappy setup the Galaxy has and making it relevant. Also, DPS aside, I don't think it's as difficult as you make it seem.

thats all any of us have ever been able to do with it, try to make it good enough despite itself. but then i'd jump into my constellation and i can do the same thing only considerably better. not great, but actually in the realm of good enough. from there i jump in the excelsior and it only gets better. then my avenger and it pretty much can't get better then that. until DR happened.
  • Options
    captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    spockout1 wrote: »

Besides, there's nothing wrong with a manual gear box :P
    I need a beer.

• Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    captaind3 wrote: »
    That said I feel that the Enterprise-E was as much a member of the cast as the Enterprise no bloody A, B, C, or D Retrofit was for the TOS movies.

The loss of the original NCC-1701 in Search for Spock was a major moment and I couldn't believe it when I saw it. The look on the crews' faces as the Enterprise's hulk was burning on decent through the atmosphere; Poor Scotty's look as HIS Enterprise was now gone.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    The loss of the original NCC-1701 in Search for Spock was a major moment and I couldn't believe it when I saw it. The look on the crews' faces as the Enterprise's hulk was burning on decent through the atmosphere; Poor Scotty's look as HIS Enterprise was now gone.

It was the end of an era. 20 years they'd been with her.

The same, with Riker in Generations... "You know, I always thought I'd get a shot at this chair..."

The death of an Enterprise is always a moment.

I think a key difference is that the 1701 was an object of Romance. Kirk and Scotty were both legitimately in love with her. The crew of the E-D by comparison viewed her as their beloved home. I liked Worf and O'Brien's reminiscence, "we were like the warriors from the old tales, there was nothing we could not do." "Except keep the holodecks working right."
  • Options
    seriousxenoseriousxeno Member Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited March 2015

I'm sorry, but I'm not buying that excuse.

If that were true, then why did the following happen?

- Romulans get a Scimitar 3 pack (most powerful ship affiliated with them and very popular).

There's Scimitars EVERYWHERE. Its been like this since it came out over a year ago! The D'Deridex (most well known Rommie ship) is also available, with a layout that puts the Galaxy R to shame. Neither of these kept Cryptic from releasing more Romulan ships, which do sell.

- Klingon B'rel at endgame

Its the most iconic ship (other than the D7) and yet people fly other Klingon ships too. In fact, I barely see these nowadays. Every Klingon ship that followed I see plenty of, despite this ships popularity. The Mogh and Mat'ha seem to be the most common, followed by the Qib. Those aren't even canon!

I'm not gonna lie,a tier 6 Galaxy command cruiser would sell like a wildfire. However, that won't keep people from buying other stuff. It didn't in the above cases and I doubt it will here.
    latest?cb=20090525051807&path-prefix=en
    "Let them eat static!"
  • Options
    edited March 2015

- Romulans get a Scimitar 3 pack (most powerful ship affiliated with them and very popular).

There's Scimitars EVERYWHERE. Its been like this since it came out over a year ago! The D'Deridex (most well known Rommie ship) is also available, with a layout that puts the Galaxy R to shame. Neither of these kept Cryptic from releasing more Romulan ships, which do sell.

Its the most iconic ship (other than the D7) and yet people fly other Klingon ships too. In fact, I barely see these nowadays. Every Klingon ship that followed I see plenty of, despite this ships popularity. The Mogh and Mat'ha seem to be the most common, followed by the Qib. Those aren't even canon!

I'm not gonna lie,a tier 6 Galaxy command cruiser would sell like a wildfire. However, that won't keep people from buying other stuff. It didn't in the above cases and I doubt it will here.

Rommie ships sell because none of them looking at stats are as gimped or forced into one defined role such as the Galaxy, They all have uni stations, majority have either a Ltc Sci or Tact stations,
    The only thing Rommies get a disadvantage on with their ships is Subsystem power but there are consoles to compensate for that. As far as Console and Boff station layouts go Rommie ships are pretty flexible and they also have some beautiful looking ships. I have 2 Roms Tact flies a Scimitar the other a Eng flies the D'Deridiex and occasionally when i get tired of the D'D put him back into a Scim. I have looked at the Tier 6 Rom ships and they do interest me but i know nothing rom side beats the Scim for raw power, and for balanced play the D'D suits a eng fine

You don't see many B'rels as quite frankly they don't hold up well in STF's and end game content, far to light weight in shields and hull. I don;t like spending the majority of a game locked behind a respawn timer. If she were a little tougher then my Klingons would fly her. But my Klingons currently fly the Vor'cha.

Quite frankly its easier to sell multiple ships to the Klingons and Romulan players as Star Trek has always really been about the Federation and the Federation ships are the Hero ships. Fans of the shows get more attached to Fed ships than other faction ships as its a chance to fly the hero ship you loved when watching the shows. Not everyone likes Cryptics own designs. Personally most of thier Fed line up is good dam ugly same with the Klingon side. But Roms Ships they have done a good job
  • Options
    edited March 2015

Actually there are plenty of us who want a new Bird of Prey at endgame too. Of all the starship types it's the only one I see that has literally one endgame version. I don't know what it is, they can't come up with anything for it because of the universal set up or what, but there's only the B'Rel which isn't enough.

Rommie ships sell because none of them looking at stats are as gimped or forced into one defined role such as the Galaxy, They all have uni stations, majority have either a Ltc Sci or Tact stations,
    The only thing Rommies get a disadvantage on with their ships is Subsystem power but there are consoles to compensate for that. As far as Console and Boff station layouts go Rommie ships are pretty flexible and they also have some beautiful looking ships. I have 2 Roms Tact flies a Scimitar the other a Eng flies the D'Deridiex and occasionally when i get tired of the D'D put him back into a Scim. I have looked at the Tier 6 Rom ships and they do interest me but i know nothing rom side beats the Scim for raw power, and for balanced play the D'D suits a eng fine

You don't see many B'rels as quite frankly they don't hold up well in STF's and end game content, far to light weight in shields and hull. I don;t like spending the majority of a game locked behind a respawn timer. If she were a little tougher then my Klingons would fly her. But my Klingons currently fly the Vor'cha.

Quite frankly its easier to sell multiple ships to the Klingons and Romulan players as Star Trek has always really been about the Federation and the Federation ships are the Hero ships. Fans of the shows get more attached to Fed ships than other faction ships as its a chance to fly the hero ship you loved when watching the shows. Not everyone likes Cryptics own designs. Personally most of thier Fed line up is good dam ugly same with the Klingon side. But Roms Ships they have done a good job

I fly a Hegh'ta myself and I see plenty of others out there. I haven't really gotten into the post-DR STF scene in her because 1) I'm taking my time and 2) I am well aware of the general limitations that having a non upgraded Tier 5 will place me on. I'd like a tier 6 Bird of Prey, preferably one based on the latest version the Hegh'ta instead of the B'Rel. Or at least visual options in both lineages.

In theory running a Bird with an engineer focused setup making the Tac secondary would alleviate survivability, though I'm sure many Bird of Prey vets would say, you're supposed to strike and fade away with the battle cloak, but then there are the guys who say they run Elite content in Tier 4s yadda yadda yadda.

Ship's popularity is generally governed by a synergy of usefulness, appearance, and canon appeal. Look at the Fed Command ships, which while original Cryptic clearly carry Starfleet design lineage, looking like the advanced kids of the Excelsior. Klingon ships.....WELL...the Bortas is a beautiful work of art. Then came the Command ships. Some of them look good, some of them look rather Orion, and then there's that one with the triangle at the front, that is clearly shunned by its mother for how ugly it is. Cryptic knows how to design Romulan Warbirds though no doubt. They've got that down to an easy science.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Hell why not just let us put the Galaxy skin on either the X or the Guardian.

hehe, galaxy skin on the galaxy x:)
    i used to do that, in the beguining of the game you have the possibility to removed the third nacelles of the galaxy x.
    since i wasn't much in love with that third nacelle it was perfect, and in pvp it allows you to trick your opponent to make him bielieve you fly a regular galaxy:D
    well ok that was a 1 trick poney, but it was fun.
    they removed that option because it was badly done, the light of the third nacelle were still there! *facepalm*.
    if they, one day, redo the galaxy model, it would be cool if they made that option available again.
    anyway this ship need a clear graphical pass, i just look an ancient video of how they done the vidual effect on tng, and we get to see the galaxy model.
    this ship is shockingly biewtiful when you got to see an accurate model, the curves, the details.
    that why i never love the ingame model, it is just a pale immitation.
    the ingame model remove all the important details and ruined the grace of the ship.

details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    captaind3 wrote: »
    I would agree with the others that part of the Galaxy-X's success is things like the referral reward and level cap reward.

sorry the galaxy x never been a reward for level cap, the galaxy retrofit was.
    and i am not convinced that the referral program help much in the succes of the galaxy x.
    if i remember correctly you need to bring 5 player to the game to get a galaxy x, i am correct?
    I think the Command ships sold well partially off of the looks and the customization (except those Klingon ships). I've seen a LOT of people flying them though, so the idea of them flying off the shelves matches up with what I'm seeing flying around.

you also forget that they come with a OP ship trait, all hand on deck, i bielieve that this is the real reason of it succes, i buy one just for that, and then got back to my galaxy x:)
    Legitimately if the Scimitar in game is to be taken as the exact Scimitar displayed in Nemesis, then the Galaxy-X as portrayed in All Good Things should be in the same weight and hitting class.

hahaha, well, don't get us started on that:D