Install Arc
Options

Galaxy class

Comments

• Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    neo1nx wrote: »
    sorry the galaxy x never been a reward for level cap, the galaxy retrofit was.
    and i am not convinced that the referral program help much in the succes of the galaxy x.
    if i remember correctly you need to bring 5 player to the game to get a galaxy x, i am correct?
    All correct.

you also forget that they come with a OP ship trait, all hand on deck, i bielieve that this is the real reason of it succes, i buy one just for that, and then got back to my galaxy x:)
    Ship traits are nice, but while you got back in your X, I see command ships as one of the most populous ships out right now.

We might have to come back in a month to see whether or not people have gotten their traits and left.

hahaha, well, don't get us started on that:D

I'll leave it alone.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I personally have a hard time believing that many players actually buy ships for 30 or 60 bucks just for a trait. I have a hard time believing anyone spending this kind of money for an ingame ship in the first place, but let's not go there XD
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    neo1nxneo1nx Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    angrytarg wrote: »
    I personally have a hard time believing that many players actually buy ships for 30 or 60 bucks just for a trait. I have a hard time believing anyone spending this kind of money for an ingame ship in the first place, but let's not go there XD

i do, but not with real money, it cost me my stipend and dilithium from alt to get 1 ship, wich was all i needed to get the trait.
    granted i am broke now, altho i got 1000000 ore to refined:D
  • Options
    neo1nxneo1nx Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The Jem’Hadar Strike Ship has a brand new customizable appearance and also includes the original Jem’Hadar Attack Ship’s costume

so a tier 6 of the bug AND with the original iconic skin.
    but the guardian with the galaxy skin? no!
    a tier 6 galaxy? no!
    a tier 6 intrepid with hd skin? YES!
    our finger in your ***? HELL YES:D!
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    angrytarg wrote: »
    I was about to say, it's all about the dilithium. Granted, if I actually had that kind of free cash, I might do something like the Delta or Legacy pack to support the game. I'm actually kind of impressed that they can come up with so many $100 packs so rapidly.
    neo1nx wrote: »
    so a tier 6 of the bug AND with the original iconic skin.
    but the guardian with the galaxy skin? no!
    a tier 6 galaxy? no!
    a tier 6 intrepid with hd skin? YES!
    our finger in your ***? HELL YES:D!

Wait what? Where's that quote from? Are you kidding me? So they drop the Odyssey class and a couple years later they full power the Odyssey killer. EDIT: Nevermind I see her.

So I guess that means we're getting the Tier 6 Defiant after all.

So does that mean we're getting some Dominion action in Season 10?.
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    captaind3 wrote: »

So does that mean we're getting some Dominion action in Season 10?.

We never did find out why the Borg were by the wormhole
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    khan5000 wrote: »
    We never did find out why the Borg were by the wormhole

It might be good to expand the battlefronts a bit. So here's what's on the plate.

In the Delta Quadrant we've been given a prelude to the Krenim in Dust to Dust, thus fulfilling the prior what do players want poll.

With the sector Space revamp we're going to have access to previously unseen portions of the Alpha Quadrant meaning we could have an Alpha Quadrant centric story in the very near future.

The Beta Quadrant has already served as the primary area of storyline interest.

All that remains is to jump into the Gamma Quadrant. It's already been established that the Iconians are the permanent owners of the Dominion's PUNK card. I would find it fitting if the Iconians were the species that persecuted Changelings back in the day turning the Founders into the xenophobic tyrants they are today. Eraun apparently wanted no piece of them.

Now the scary stuff. Jem'Hadar drones. :eek:
  • Options
    reynoldsxdreynoldsxd Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Well, the Iconians have classed the dominion as "off limits until enough (expendable servitor)force has been amassed" so it would be weird to see that whoel arc now.

The iconians last ploy with the vaadwaur ended in spectacular failure. Heck, The Hero Alliance got even more advanced tech because of the whole thing....

I will be silly now and use STO's development as a little framework:

Back then we began in a very down to earth environment and equipment. No rep items and powers, and getting a purple anything meant something.

The Storyline of the game was very, well, down to earth.

We thwarted undine infiltrations, clobbered klingons and the Borg was the local big bad on the block.

Now, a felt bazillion new ships items and sets and powers farther into the future, we have actively created a 3 major power alliance, captains field top of the line starships with magical super gear and every plot by the iconians has subsequently backfired on them and served to make us more powerful.

And, the iconians have gotten hold of the idiot ball. They warped in a badass scary iconian super lady that instantly whomped several lardass-bulky klingons, but said lady then not only DID NOT decapitate most of the brain behind the alliance, but also did NOT whomp the player and the other designated heroes.

She could have made a real impact against our alliance but she did not. Because idiot ball.

I fear that the iconians will not take a step back and reexamine their methodology but instead will continue to throw one proxy after the other under the bus.

Elachi? Got their asses handed to them. Solanee? thanks for that sphere, and those dyson tech things. And hat convenient instant travel device....

Oh and thanks for galvanizing the delta quadrant against you with that whole vaadwaur thing.. Thx.
    So they wasted several proxies for almost petty reasons.
    What is next? Iconians rolling in, finally wanting to take care of business by themselves?
    Against us?
    what.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    reynoldsxd wrote: »
    Well, the Iconians have classed the dominion as "off limits until enough (expendable servitor)force has been amassed" so it would be weird to see that whoel arc now.

The iconians last ploy with the vaadwaur ended in spectacular failure. Heck, The Hero Alliance got even more advanced tech because of the whole thing....

I will be silly now and use STO's development as a little framework:

Back then we began in a very down to earth environment and equipment. No rep items and powers, and getting a purple anything meant something.

The Storyline of the game was very, well, down to earth.

We thwarted undine infiltrations, clobbered klingons and the Borg was the local big bad on the block.

Now, a felt bazillion new ships items and sets and powers farther into the future, we have actively created a 3 major power alliance, captains field top of the line starships with magical super gear and every plot by the iconians has subsequently backfired on them and served to make us more powerful.

And, the iconians have gotten hold of the idiot ball. They warped in a badass scary iconian super lady that instantly whomped several lardass-bulky klingons, but said lady then not only DID NOT decapitate most of the brain behind the alliance, but also did NOT whomp the player and the other designated heroes.

She could have made a real impact against our alliance but she did not. Because idiot ball.

I fear that the iconians will not take a step back and reexamine their methodology but instead will continue to throw one proxy after the other under the bus.

Elachi? Got their asses handed to them. Solanee? thanks for that sphere, and those dyson tech things. And hat convenient instant travel device....

Oh and thanks for galvanizing the delta quadrant against you with that whole vaadwaur thing.. Thx.
    So they wasted several proxies for almost petty reasons.
    What is next? Iconians rolling in, finally wanting to take care of business by themselves?
    Against us?
    what.

That can still be salvaged.

Don't be so quick to call idiot ball. I'm reminded of Mass Effect. Where the Reapers conveniently left the Citadel and a Galaxy's worth of Mass Relay technology behind for everyone to use...technology that the Reapers themselves had full control over at all times.

What was it? 33 million years they had maintained dominion like that?

Our technological advancements are based on the Borg, Undine, Dyson's Sphere Technology, and Tholian technology. Of those, Borg tech is proven inferior to Iconian, Dyson's Sphere technology is the tech of one of the Iconian servitor races, and the Tholians are researching Iconian tech as feverishly as we are.

Only Undine technology is suitably alien to the Iconians, but they string the Undine along like sharks following a chum trail.

Romulan tech is the last rep, and Sela proved the Iconians don't care about that.

So don't think that because we can crush their lackies that that gives the Iconians any reason to fear us. Like the Citadel relay, I think they've proven that they can walk into our leaders' offices at will.

In my view, the reason she didn't 86 the lot of us is because they still have designs on enslaving us. Which is where we can slip the knife in. Like Sela said...they're cocky. The Iconians don't recognize progression until the bombs are raining down on them. Like the aliens in Independence Day. No reason to fear us until its too late.

But do remember that us getting to the Delta Quadrant wasn't the Iconians idea. That was the Undine throwing a spanner in the works. The Iconians plan was to destroy New Romulus when the gateway overloaded. The backup plan was to have the Delta Alliance and the Voth tear each other apart.
  • Options
    edited March 2015

Don't be so quick to call idiot ball. I'm reminded of Mass Effect. Where the Reapers conveniently left the Citadel and a Galaxy's worth of Mass Relay technology behind for everyone to use...technology that the Reapers themselves had full control over at all times.

Our technological advancements are based on the Borg, Undine, Dyson's Sphere Technology, and Tholian technology. Of those, Borg tech is proven inferior to Iconian, Dyson's Sphere technology is the tech of one of the Iconian servitor races, and the Tholians are researching Iconian tech as feverishly as we are.

Only Undine technology is suitably alien to the Iconians, but they string the Undine along like sharks following a chum trail.

Romulan tech is the last rep, and Sela proved the Iconians don't care about that.

So don't think that because we can crush their lackies that that gives the Iconians any reason to fear us. Like the Citadel relay, I think they've proven that they can walk into our leaders' offices at will.

In my view, the reason she didn't 86 the lot of us is because they still have designs on enslaving us. Which is where we can slip the knife in. Like Sela said...they're cocky. The Iconians don't recognize progression until the bombs are raining down on them. Like the aliens in Independence Day. No reason to fear us until its too late.

But do remember that us getting to the Delta Quadrant wasn't the Iconians idea. That was the Undine throwing a spanner in the works. The Iconians plan was to destroy New Romulus when the gateway overloaded. The backup plan was to have the Delta Alliance and the Voth tear each other apart.

The reapers are a gigantic asspull. The whole idea was golden in ME1, but then they had to go and try to.. define the evil space cthullhu.

That aside, the iconians need slaves? CLONE SOME!

I mean what the actual ****? They have their solanee/elachi posse. At the Very least they can send them out into the galactic ghettos and gather up manpower.

I mean come on: They can do all the things they do, but fail at basic strategy?

What sense does it make to attack, repeatedly, the one quadrant in the galaxy that not only has been steeled by near constant warfare but also has proven to meddle in things they should not meddle with.

Instead of simply unplugging the DEWA gate, to deny use of it or at least making sure it leads into an unsavory place... they left it linked to a hub. A hub filled with information. And when the time came to go and look what the hell is going on there, they just send a BAZILLION SWARMERS that do nothing.

What sort of TRIBBLE DR.Claw plan is this? Blow up a planet? What? Why? Why attract attention with the elachi/tal shiar move?

Stay out of the AQ. Go pillaging in Delta and gamma outskirts.
    Gather up victims for transformation. Or just flat out design your own jem hadar expy's?

The iconians plan does not reek of arrogance: it stinks of stupidity.

And again: The reapers as of ME2 were asspulls. So is the teleporting Iconian lady.

Its a trap that the writer had no reason to fall into,
  • Options
    amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 1,495 Arc User
    edited March 2015

I'm pretty surprised the Iconians have let us maintain control of the Dyson Sphere Technology, especially the Dyson ships themselves, since according to The Doctor both the Elachi and Solanae's technology is a variant of the Iconians own. Of course, that could just mean they've got a big "off" button for all of it that they're waiting to use. :D
    U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-71895 - Nebula-class
    Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
    Dedication Plaque: "Nil Intentatum Reliquit"
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    The reapers are a gigantic asspull. The whole idea was golden in ME1, but then they had to go and try to.. define the evil space cthullhu.

That aside, the iconians need slaves? CLONE SOME!

I mean what the actual ****? They have their solanee/elachi posse. At the Very least they can send them out into the galactic ghettos and gather up manpower.

I mean come on: They can do all the things they do, but fail at basic strategy?

What sense does it make to attack, repeatedly, the one quadrant in the galaxy that not only has been steeled by near constant warfare but also has proven to meddle in things they should not meddle with.

Instead of simply unplugging the DEWA gate, to deny use of it or at least making sure it leads into an unsavory place... they left it linked to a hub. A hub filled with information. And when the time came to go and look what the hell is going on there, they just send a BAZILLION SWARMERS that do nothing.

What sort of TRIBBLE DR.Claw plan is this? Blow up a planet? What? Why? Why attract attention with the elachi/tal shiar move?

Stay out of the AQ. Go pillaging in Delta and gamma outskirts.
    Gather up victims for transformation. Or just flat out design your own jem hadar expy's?

The iconians plan does not reek of arrogance: it stinks of stupidity.

And again: The reapers as of ME2 were asspulls. So is the teleporting Iconian lady.

Its a trap that the writer had no reason to fall into,

But the Citadel relay and all of that was Mass Effect 1. Regardless you understood precisely what I said.

The Iconians do effectively clone slaves that's primarily what the Elachi do, they just convert other people instead. Recycling.

Blow up a planet? What planet? The Hobus Supernova. That was Hakeev's idiocy.

You seem to be overlooking that the Iconians have the same mental problem that the Founders did. They don't understand our drive. That said, it's been spelled out that they're studying us.

You say what sense does it make to repeatedly attack the Alpha and Beta Quadrants...but the only direct things they've done is kidnap Sela and kill the Klingon High Council. Two moves directly. Have you thought that keeping us in constant warfare is just their way of running us ragged while they sit in subspace or wherever relaxing and drinking martinis?

The Elachi are their Jem'Hadar expies, to quote Sela, "The Solanae are their scientists, the Elachi their soldiers."

The Iconian lady showing up was again an example of their arrogance. She actually believed that with a strong enough display that we could be cowed into ceasing our advance. It's the same as the Female Founder letting everyone escape after the Breen's Energy Weapon trashed the fleet at the Second Battle of Chintoka.

I didn't mean to touch on something that ticked you off so much, but plainly the Reapers storyline only reached an asspull in Mass Effect 3 and even then only at the end with the stupid little kid.
    amosov78 wrote: »
    I'm pretty surprised the Iconians have let us maintain control of the Dyson Sphere Technology, especially the Dyson ships themselves, since according to The Doctor both the Elachi and Solanae's technology is a variant of the Iconians own. Of course, that could just mean they've got a big "off" button for all of it that they're waiting to use. :D

I'd be pretty agitated with that, I love my Dyson Warbird, but the plan makes perfect sense to me.
  • Options
    themetalstickmanthemetalstickman Member Posts: 1,010 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The Iconian lady showing up was again an example of their arrogance. She actually believed that with a strong enough display that we could be cowed into ceasing our advance. It's the same as the Female Founder letting everyone escape after the Breen's Energy Weapon trashed the fleet at the Second Battle of Chintoka.

I would say ignorance as well as arrogance. I'm guessing that they didn't get Hakeev's info from the Nopada arena, 'cause then I think they wouldn't have done that. In the ST universe, challenging an alliance of predominantly Klingons, Romulans, and humans is only slightly less stupid than challenging the Q.
    Og12TbC.jpg

Your father was captain of a starship for twelve minutes. He saved 800 lives, including your mother's, and yours.

I dare you to do better.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I would say ignorance as well as arrogance. I'm guessing that they didn't get Hakeev's info from the Nopada arena, 'cause then I think they wouldn't have done that. In the ST universe, challenging an alliance of predominantly Klingons, Romulans, and humans is only slightly less stupid than challenging the Q.

Real truth there.

Actually I do wonder how much info Hakeev was actually able to relay. We never catch him communicating with the Iconians. It's basically do this and only let us know what you find when you are done. He wasn't able to finish his work, and he seemed more annoyed at how slow it was progressing as I recall. I'll rerun Colosseum but now that I'm thinking about it the only reason we know he was working for the Iconians is that he said it and it was in his records. They're very hands off bosses. I mean Hakeev even referred to "using Cat's-paws as the Demons have used us."

Seems they don't use preliminary reports.

That said the implication is that the alliance has been so successful that the Iconians are starting to take them seriously hence resorting to the scare tactic. It would've been better to keep us chasing shadows. But the Iconians and Vaadwaur have that in common. They're so psychologically condition to expect and believe they deserve victory automatically that they make mistakes when sufficiently challenged. And both races were brought down by alliances of species that they deemed weaker. Like Sela said...Hubris.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    It's interesting that you still think that there's some reason behind STOs story :D
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Not really - there are remnants of it though. :D

Remnants and "what if -?"s of originally planned and long since abandoned and forgotten concepts. Always makes me a llittle bit sad as all roads lead to the conclusion how much wasted potential STO is :D
    lFC4bt2.gif
  • Options
    whamhammer1whamhammer1 Member Posts: 2,290 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    What exactly do the Iconians have to do with a Federation starship class?
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    reyan01 wrote: »
    I really hope so. Not just because it would, frankly, be completely idiotic for them NOT to have an 'off-switch' (especially considering how fond we've become of using their gates etc), but it would make a fantastic storyline too.
    Not so much an off switch, but imagine if they come at us shooting through our shields like the Jem'Hadar used to?
    What exactly do the Iconians have to do with a Federation starship class?

All of the Dyson based starships are derived from Solanae technology, which means it is technology from an Iconian servant race. There's no way that they let their subordinates play around with superior technology, so the conclusion is that all of the Dyson ships are based on low grade Iconian tech, which under any logic, unless we've made substantial alterations, means that they should be able to easily defeat or even negate anything derived purely from that technology as they know its inner workings.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Not so much an off switch, but imagine if they come at us shooting through our shields like the Jem'Hadar used to?

All of the Dyson based starships are derived from Solanae technology, which means it is technology from an Iconian servant race. There's no way that they let their subordinates play around with superior technology, so the conclusion is that all of the Dyson ships are based on low grade Iconian tech, which under any logic, unless we've made substantial alterations, means that they should be able to easily defeat or even negate anything derived purely from that technology as they know its inner workings.

No.

That is not how technology and reverse engineering work.

Flat out copying black boxed tech might be an issue, but i doubt Starfleet did that.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    No.

That is not how technology and reverse engineering work.

Flat out copying black boxed tech might be an issue, but i doubt Starfleet did that.

I would certainly hope so. Ironically enough for gameplay purposes. The Iconians obsoleting and entire branch of our gear would be quite miserable.

Still the idea that they would have unique insight into how to deal with the technology is valid.

Of course if the Iconians are like the Founders they may have intel on all of our technology anyway.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Yeah. I think that the Vaadwaur were a "dry run" of sorts. The Iconians know that an alliance of species united against them was what screwed them over the last time. Therefore, they used the Vaadwaur as an experiment to see what would happen if they tried to return to the quadrant without first dealing with the Alliance. Clearly, they do not want to try that. And the Iconian woman that visited Qo'nos was clearly just making a show of force. If she was actually trying to cripple the Alliance, she would have whacked J'mpok, Quinn, D'tan, Tuvok, Worf, and the player. And probably Shon, Koren, and Jarok for good measure.
    Og12TbC.jpg

Your father was captain of a starship for twelve minutes. He saved 800 lives, including your mother's, and yours.

I dare you to do better.
  • Options
    jer5488jer5488 Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Yeah. I think that the Vaadwaur were a "dry run" of sorts. The Iconians know that an alliance of species united against them was what screwed them over the last time. Therefore, they used the Vaadwaur as an experiment to see what would happen if they tried to return to the quadrant without first dealing with the Alliance. Clearly, they do not want to try that. And the Iconian woman that visited Qo'nos was clearly just making a show of force. If she was actually trying to cripple the Alliance, she would have whacked J'mpok, Quinn, D'tan, Tuvok, Worf, and the player. And probably Shon, Koren, and Jarok for good measure.

My opinion on the Iconian lady vaping the Klingon Council is - she killed the only people in the room who weren't in military grade armor and personal shield generators. Granted, she wiped out very high level Klingon politicians - but... If she had lashed out at Tuvok, the PC, Shon, and the rest - she might have got a few of them, but the rest would have had time to gun her down. By going after the politicians who were counting on Federation honor to protect them, the shock and awe of her attack bought her time to be all creepy and mysterious before running like heck.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    jer5488 wrote: »
    My opinion on the Iconian lady vaping the Klingon Council is - she killed the only people in the room who weren't in military grade armor and personal shield generators. Granted, she wiped out very high level Klingon politicians - but... If she had lashed out at Tuvok, the PC, Shon, and the rest - she might have got a few of them, but the rest would have had time to gun her down. By going after the politicians who were counting on Federation honor to protect them, the shock and awe of her attack bought her time to be all creepy and mysterious before running like heck.

I don't know. I doubt any of the heads-of-state were using PS generators, and IIRC, nobody except potentially the PC was wearing armor.
    Og12TbC.jpg

I dare you to do better.
  • Options
    asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I would not mind seeing a T6 version of the Galaxy being put into the game that uses the parts of the other Galaxies as well as beign able to slot the consoles from the Galaxies (maybe make a new console). THough i would be fine wiht the T6 Guardian we already have being able to just uses the skins/parts of the other Galaxies (i always like the looks of the galaxy-X look)).

Where the Iconians an the Vaadwaur are concearned is more on the side of the neural parasite/bluegill, and the connection it has with the Trill symbiont which we already know about. I think getting some missions/stories that go along us studying what the iconians have been up to prior to this latest rise of them would be interesting. Such as maybe seeing if they have been behind other races development, such as maybe that the bluegills were created by an experement of theres, which could expand more stories into all parts of the quadrants we already have. Sheshs maybe have us get called into Fluidic space by either other non-undine races that exist in that space, or after finding evadence of the iconians or thollians delving into Fluidic space churning the pot kinda we go in to remove the group/s an exlorewhile we do. I also noticed that the iconians an Vaadwaur kinda mirror each other in ways, like how both kinda ruled their area of space till a large group of allied races thrashed them out of their place. THough also seeing the iconians/Vaadwaur slide backwards to more of a looming danger, and then having the tholians an borg (maybe antoher race even a new one that is unique to sto) come into the fore-front would be interesting to as a form of way that the Iconians/Vaadwaur use the distraction to measure an devise what to do after this latest plan had failed/finished.

Edit: AN yes we know the parasites were created from genetic alteration done by the trill bonded scientists, yet the virus that had caused the need for this is not explained on it's origin, along with the fact that it had also mutated the already genetically altered symbionts more. THis could have been a test/research/project done by either the iconians or one of their other subservent races to make a tool to more easily control the minds of their conquered races that are not as easy to take over such as the humans.
  • Options
    darthconnor1701darthconnor1701 Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    At this point I wish they just let us use the skins we want on the vessel we are flying as long as within reason. Cruisers for cruisers escorts for escorts and so on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    papesh1papesh1 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    At this point I wish they just let us use the skins we want on the vessel we are flying as long as within reason. Cruisers for cruisers escorts for escorts and so on.

I think sales for the guardian class would skyrocket if they allowed a Galaxy Skin. I wouldn't even mind if they updated some of the materials to be more 25th Century, but kept a classic Galaxy design.

Maybe give it a Intrepid style make over with the option to use the classic skin. Plus make all the parts interchangeable so if you happen to like the Guardian's nacelles better than the original Galaxy you can use them. While you are at it, throw in all the Galaxy Pack Variants too. I believe for the Hero ships people would be more willing to open their wallet.

While I like the Command Battlecrusiers, they are not Hero ships. They are not a class based off the ship everyone loves...the Enterprise. So, it is hard for me to pay $60 for a three pack. However, I would give serious consideration to a T6 Galaxy Pack or even a T6 Sov/T6 Ody.

Why??I want to fly the Enterprise or the closest thing to it! I think most people would agree with me.

Side note...Speaking of the Ody, I wouldn't mind some customization on the Odyssey class, too. It is odd that it has one look. The free ships you earn in game even allow some customization. I wouldn't mind an option for a more standard looking neck or virtually no neck like the Enterprise E. I don't buy that the Ody design is better for slipstream. The Dauntless was optimized for slipstream(in canon). It is like an arrow. The Vesta class seems like it would be a better overall slipstream design.
  • Options
    darthconnor1701darthconnor1701 Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    papesh1 wrote: »
    I think sales for the guardian class would skyrocket if they allowed a Galaxy Skin. I wouldn't even mind if they updated some of the materials to be more 25th Century, but kept a classic Galaxy design.

Maybe give it a Intrepid style make over with the option to use the classic skin. Plus make all the parts interchangeable so if you happen to like the Guardian's nacelles better than the original Galaxy you can use them. While you are at it, throw in all the Galaxy Pack Variants too. I believe for the Hero ships people would be more willing to open their wallet.

While I like the Command Battlecrusiers, they are not Hero ships. They are not a class based off the ship everyone loves...the Enterprise. So, it is hard for me to pay $60 for a three pack. However, I would give serious consideration to a T6 Galaxy Pack or even a T6 Sov/T6 Ody.

Why??I want to fly the Enterprise or the closest thing to it! I think most people would agree with me.

Side note...Speaking of the Ody, I wouldn't mind some customization on the Odyssey class, too. It is odd that it has one look. The free ships you earn in game even allow some customization. I wouldn't mind an option for a more standard looking neck or virtually no neck like the Enterprise E. I don't buy that the Ody design is better for slipstream. The Dauntless was optimized for slipstream(in canon). It is like an arrow. The Vesta class seems like it would be a better overall slipstream design.

The command battle cruisers aren't hero ships but do think with the parts from all three you can make it look quite close to what a Modern 25th century Excelsior would look like IMO. Think that was only reason I was thinking of buying them. Though I agree that a tier 6 galaxy with command boff seating and fleet worthy would have fetched my money right away.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    jer5488 wrote: »

That would be a nice idea that she didn't because she couldn't.

I'm starting to wonder though....if maybe the Iconians haven't appeared because they couldn't. What if they are suffering from the same issue as the Solanae. They can't exist outside of subspace for any appreciable time. The time period of their absence could be coinciding with the time it's taken them to cure themselves.

But no Klingon was relying on Federation honor to protect them. The shock and awe of vaporing half a dozen people with a handwave was more than sufficient.
    asuran14 wrote: »
    I would not mind seeing a T6 version of the Galaxy being put into the game that uses the parts of the other Galaxies as well as beign able to slot the consoles from the Galaxies (maybe make a new console). THough i would be fine wiht the T6 Guardian we already have being able to just uses the skins/parts of the other Galaxies (i always like the looks of the galaxy-X look)).
    Indeed, the Venture is a beautiful 25th century Galaxy as far as I'm concerned so hopefully any Tier 6 edition would be able to use all those parts. Not as fond of the Guardian visually overall though.
    Where the Iconians an the Vaadwaur are concearned is more on the side of the neural parasite/bluegill, and the connection it has with the Trill symbiont which we already know about. I think getting some missions/stories that go along us studying what the iconians have been up to prior to this latest rise of them would be interesting. Such as maybe seeing if they have been behind other races development, such as maybe that the bluegills were created by an experement of theres, which could expand more stories into all parts of the quadrants we already have. Sheshs maybe have us get called into Fluidic space by either other non-undine races that exist in that space, or after finding evadence of the iconians or thollians delving into Fluidic space churning the pot kinda we go in to remove the group/s an exlorewhile we do. I also noticed that the iconians an Vaadwaur kinda mirror each other in ways, like how both kinda ruled their area of space till a large group of allied races thrashed them out of their place. THough also seeing the iconians/Vaadwaur slide backwards to more of a looming danger, and then having the tholians an borg (maybe antoher race even a new one that is unique to sto) come into the fore-front would be interesting to as a form of way that the Iconians/Vaadwaur use the distraction to measure an devise what to do after this latest plan had failed/finished.

Edit: AN yes we know the parasites were created from genetic alteration done by the trill bonded scientists, yet the virus that had caused the need for this is not explained on it's origin, along with the fact that it had also mutated the already genetically altered symbionts more. THis could have been a test/research/project done by either the iconians or one of their other subservent races to make a tool to more easily control the minds of their conquered races that are not as easy to take over such as the humans.
    I am aware of that story, but it should be noted that none of that is canon to STO as of this moment so we can't go off of it. So no we don't know any of that.

In fact the writers seem to have gone the complete opposite direction having them be wholly created by the Solanae.

papesh1 wrote: »

The reason there's no customization on the Odyssey is that it was the fan design that actually won the contest as such it is the "one true Odyssey design".

Actually the Vesta is the better slipstream design. It's the first Starfleet vessel design purposefully for using the Slipstream primarily. The Odyssey is a starship with a standard drive optimized for using Slipstream regularly without the stresses that prevented Voyager from using it to get home. But the Vesta is the only "Slipstream" vessel.
  • Options
    bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Quick reminder, Captains...

This is a Galaxy thread in the Fed Shipyards forum. Please stay on topic. Thanks!
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • Options
    asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    That would be a nice idea that she didn't because she couldn't.

I'm starting to wonder though....if maybe the Iconians haven't appeared because they couldn't. What if they are suffering from the same issue as the Solanae. They can't exist outside of subspace for any appreciable time. The time period of their absence could be coinciding with the time it's taken them to cure themselves.

But no Klingon was relying on Federation honor to protect them. The shock and awe of vaporing half a dozen people with a handwave was more than sufficient.

What if they already had puppets in postitions under the vaporized council members an this was a oppertunity for them to shift these puputs into more beneficial placements, while also making a spectical as well.

Indeed, the Venture is a beautiful 25th century Galaxy as far as I'm concerned so hopefully any Tier 6 edition would be able to use all those parts. Not as fond of the Guardian visually overall though.

I agree i like all of the designs of the galaxy to a point an like to mix-match. My main issue with the galaxy on it's own right now is the sauser seperation an how slow the sauser is to keep up with you while seperated. I would not mind if they added to it that when at full impulse the sauser would speed up to keep pace with you, so that it does not lag behind so much between traveling between places

I am aware of that story, but it should be noted that none of that is canon to STO as of this moment so we can't go off of it. So no we don't know any of that.

In fact the writers seem to have gone the complete opposite direction having them be wholly created by the Solanae.

Vary true that is info is from a diferent time-line, but we have seen that they do not seem to deviate much from the standard time-line by much at times. So both could be true that the solanae orcastrated an cultavated the bluegills from experments done by the trill. THis is of course all theory an conjecture, but which is still interesting to think about.[/I]

My responses are in color an different text.