What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Downtime Feedback [Merged]

Comments

• Options
    callistobanecallistobane Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Anyone remember Scotty telling laforge to never tell the captain how long a repair would actually take?
  • Options
    heckgoblinheckgoblin Member Posts: 685
    edited February 2015
    I must share a terrifying experience. Confused by being unable to connect to STO, and against my better judgement, I began to wander my immediate area. I was stunned to discover that my STO play area is connected to more rooms and corridors in some form of enclosed structure. Worse, however, was what happened when I made my way through a hinged portal of some sort, to the exterior of this structure. I was instantly struck blind by very bright light, and when my sight returned, I was horrified to realize I could see far beyond the draw distance I usually expect from reality. The resolution of this... outside... is incredible. I must however bug report an unusual graphical artifact in the sky, a light source that's set way too bright. Could we possibly turn down the bloom settings on this thing?
    I AM WAR.
  • Options
    stonetheimpalorstonetheimpalor Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Anyone remember Scotty telling laforge to never tell the captain how long a repair would actually take?

lol

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Relics_%28episode%29
  • Options
    riccardo171riccardo171 Member Posts: 1,802 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Or you could learn to write your posts coherently so they say what you mean and can't be misinterpreted by others. :rolleyes:

or you go take english classes and learn the language properly, which is the most likely option.
  • Options
    shadoreshadore Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    heckgoblin wrote: »
    I must share a terrifying experience. Confused by being unable to connect to STO, and against my better judgement, I began to wander my immediate area. I was stunned to discover that my STO play area is connected to more rooms and corridors in some form of enclosed structure. Worse, however, was what happened when I made my way through a hinged portal of some sort, to the exterior of this structure. I was instantly struck blind by very bright light, and when my sight returned, I was horrified to realize I could see far beyond the draw distance I usually expect from reality. The resolution of this... outside... is incredible. I must however bug report an unusual graphical artifact in the sky, a light source that's set way too bright. Could we possibly turn down the bloom settings on this thing?

There's an allegory of the cave joke in there somewhere.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    valoreah wrote: »
    Yes it does. It also needs these downtime whining thread topics to get added to the F.C.T. desperately.

dang you stop writing epic posts, I'm forced to quote them otherwise.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    I'm not the one whining like a petulant child because a video game is inaccessible. As for entitlement, I'm Just using your words ....

Yes it does. It also needs these downtime whining thread topics to get added to the F.C.T. desperately.

Says the bald, blue, supervillain...
  • Options
    callistobanecallistobane Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2015
  • Options
    millimidgetmillimidget Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    iconians wrote: »
    How can your ability tray still be lagging if you can't get into the game?
    It was lagging two years ago when I first played the game. It has been lagging the same since I came back two months ago.

What makes you think it's not lagging?
    "Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society." - Aristotle
  • Options
    billdunbilldun Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'm not the one whining like a petulant child because a video game is inaccessible. As for entitlement, I'm Just using your words ....

You really are dense. Did you miss the "I haven't" in what I wrote? You're an idiot that I will be ignoring from now on. SMH...
  • Options
    edited February 2015

ahh brings back good old memories.
  • Options
    billdunbilldun Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    You are so cute when you're frustrated. :D

And your lack of intelligence shows every time you hit that reply button.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    billdun wrote: »
    You really are dense. Did you miss the "I haven't" in what I wrote? You're an idiot that I will be ignoring from now on. SMH...

Before you say "idiot" to anyone you must get the rights from me.

1v1 me with T5Us and prove you're worthy. I'm serious, when servers come back online.

these PvErs...
    radakill wrote: »
    I understand the bad grammar in that sentence perfectly.

Its people such as you that really keep me amused, thanks =)

people like you make me believe I am actually more intelligent than most of the playerbase. Kudos.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    yeah b i t ch fight
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    It was lagging two years ago when I first played the game. It has been lagging the same since I came back two months ago.

What makes you think it's not lagging?

Maybe your trey is lagging, or maybe it's fine and you have hyper reflexes that make you react faster than a computer. I suppose it could go either way...
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    It also needs these downtime whining thread topics to get added to the F.C.T. desperately.
    I can envision the gloriously boring forums you so desperately want. One sticky at the top titled "Delta Rising is the Best Expansion Ever and the Players Love It," and one thread populated by the most devout of Trek nerds, devoted to debating the finer points of canon.

I mean, really, what else is there to discuss when you have the infinite patience and optimism of a white knight?
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    shadore wrote: »
    Maybe your trey is lagging,
    My reflexes have nothing to do with abilities changing shading to appear on cooldown without actually triggering. Or other abilities failing to react entirely.

I'm surprised you didn't blame my PC, my network configuration or my ISP.
  • Options
    thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    ha ha I'm in Holodeck playing STO.
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    radakill wrote: »
    It is twice the fun when someone who claims (using bad grammar and missing words ) to be the most intelligent person in the forums, and then follows up with a dictionary post to attempt to prove a point.

Keep feeding it, I'm enjoying this stuff. 1v1 PvP fight also applies to you. More fights, less talk.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    My reflexes have nothing to do with abilities changing shading to appear on cooldown without actually triggering. Or other abilities failing to react entirely.

I'm surprised you didn't blame my PC, my network configuration or my ISP.

milli, it was a joke. I don't really think you have hyper reflexes that make you move faster than a computer...
  • Options
    sarreoussarreous Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited February 2015
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    shadore wrote: »
    I don't really think you have hyper reflexes that make you move faster than a computer...
    I never thought you did.

Besides, this is the only game I'm a mouse-clicker. Partially because the ability trays were so unreliable (this seems to be improved almost to the point of being acceptable), and partially because ability lag was/is even worse when using hotkeys, in my experience.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Yep playing again, so far so good