What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Downtime Feedback [Merged]

Comments

• Options
    bandraoi44bandraoi44 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Latest word is translator for Russian server hamster is in the building negotiating new feed deals then they will return to work...
  • Options
    jst455jst455 Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    are we there yet?
    Actual Join Date: Feb 2009
  • Options
    coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Don't look at me, I'm only here for the entertainment.
  • Options
    davideightdavideight Member Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    the problem isnt having 8hrs of downtime.

the problem is saying it will be two hours, after 3hrs (so one hour later than estimated) saying it will take another hour, then saying it will take another 2 hours, and then realizing its just not ready yet again.

this makes it impossible to PLAN the day accordingly cause you get bumped every hour for another hour.

its horrible communication and just a really really horrible way of treating customers.

ITS OUR MONEY THAT MAKES YOUR LIVING cryptic/pw employees. its time you finally realize that.
    its OUR MONEY THAT FEEDS and BREEDS you - and now START TREATING US ACCORDINGLY

or we will just STOP FEEDING you.
  • Options
    shinnok918shinnok918 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    valoreah wrote: »
    How about no? Stuff happens. You can either learn to live with that or not. Asking for a freebie is entitlement to the extreme.

give me extreme entitlement then!!!!!

other games give fair recompense when they TRIBBLE up, especially if it impacts a special event.
  • Options
    jst455jst455 Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    patients are for doctors...

:P
    Actual Join Date: Feb 2009
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    billdun wrote: »
    Its not at all uncommon to give customers free stuff when you make mistakes; its called good business. Lots of unhappy players today, like the ones I saw mining at the Rich Claim when the servers died. Unhappy customers are bad for business.

It's uncommon to do it before the issue is resolved, I think. Because only then do you really have the time to evaluate everything - and only then can you actually start making good anything, because all the promises in the (game) world are meaningless if the players can't even log in.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    riccardo171riccardo171 Member Posts: 1,802 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Just wanted to say, I feel like the most intelligent person in the forums.

For the next few hours.

edited for the two pve n00blets.
  • Options
    hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,764 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    the real issue here is vapor lock..... it's the third most common cause of stalling

so please, take care of your car and get it checked
  • Options
    billdunbilldun Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    It's uncommon to do it before the issue is resolved, I think. Because only then do you really have the time to evaluate everything - and only then can you actually start making good anything, because all the promises in the (game) world are meaningless if the players can't even log in.

Wut...

WTF are you going on about? I believe everyone is aware its not possible to do anything while the game is down. Thanks for the brilliant insight...
  • Options
    tommyatstarfleettommyatstarfleet Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    How about no? Stuff happens. You can either learn to live with that or not. Asking for a freebie is entitlement to the extreme.

At least extend the anniv event to March 5th, its just makes sense for all the setbacks these last 2 weeks.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Oh hey! I just got merged!

I still think what I said a couple of posts above.

Glad to see mods are cleaning up this mess.
    There is an old Vulcan proverb.... "**** happens."

Seriously folks, get over it.

^quoted for epic truth.
  • Options
    sarreoussarreous Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Not really much different from another MMO I used to play, that one from Jagex that gets censored on the forums. People complaining endlessly over every little issue, every update, regularly predicting the end of the game since they first established their forums. Seen it all before.

I just roll with it. 'Cause sometimes that's all you can do.
  • Options
    tommyatstarfleettommyatstarfleet Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    There is an old Vulcan proverb.... "**** happens."

Seriously folks, get over it.

They already extended it once.

Yeah they did but wouldnt you extend it until the matienance day on march 5th? Seems they do that alot as it is, ending it on a monday doesnt sound quite right
  • Options
    stonetheimpalorstonetheimpalor Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Cr@p, i needed this day for getting that free t6 ship.
    Now i am ending with 960 on the 2 march with 7 toons
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Online game companies learned years ago that there is no such thing as a happy customer, so there's no reason to waste time trying to appease people with entitlement issues who are only going to complain that whatever freebies they were given aren't good enough.

I don't give a rodent's behind what they do. Perhaps players who have spent hundreds, or even thousands of dollars (I haven't), are "entitled" to something. If Cryptic were mine, I'd do what I could to keep players happy, especially when my product (pixels) costs me nothing. Happy customers spend money, pissed off customers don't.
  • Options
    verse137verse137 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    shadore,
    Seriously If you pay me I can play for you, think about it! You will have double of everything or more, items, materials, xp, etc. Just make me a good offer. Fair enough for you to enjoy spending money and to receive what you like, [xp]x2. [materials]x2, [ships]x2 etc.
    Think about it!
  • Options
    alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,413 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Agreed with the OP. I also find the choice of new topic titles entertaining. Call it a sort of self-censorship, redirecting us to more worthwhile topics to actually read and reply to.

Downtime feedback merge. A thank you goes out to the mods.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • Options
    shadoreshadore Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    verse137 wrote: »
    shadore,
    Seriously If you pay me I can play for you, think about it! You will have double of everything or more, items, materials, xp, etc. Just make me a good offer. Fair enough for you to enjoy spending money and to receive what you like, [xp]x2. [materials]x2, [ships]x2 etc.
    Think about it!

Evil! You speak trickseynesss! That's not a worrrd!
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    There is no 99.99% uptime guarantee anywhere, nor was this something you were ever expressly promised by Cryptic/PWE.

Or as the Andorians say "You ain't entitled to ****!"

Where did I mention 99.99% uptime? Where did I make any demands? And here you go again, throwing around your favorite word, "entitlement". You make absolutely no sense.

This forum needs an ignore feature badly.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Funny that alot of ppl complaining about how they are mistreated by Cryptic, its almost they dont have any life besides STO?

c' mon its just a game, i spend also alot of hours and money in this game but you can't take it to seriously.

take it like a man and go on with your real life ;)
  • Options
    sarreoussarreous Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Cr@p, i needed this day for getting that free t6 ship.
    Now i am ending with 960 on the 2 march with 7 toons

Extending the event by a day would seem a reasonable thing for Cryptic to do. Give people who missed their chance today time to catch up.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    radakill wrote: »
    "I feel the most intelligent person in the forums"....?

What do they feel like?

from the dictionary.
    feel (fēl)
    v. felt (fĕlt), feel·ing, feels
    v.tr.
    a. To perceive through the sense of touch:
    b. To perceive as a physical sensation:
    a. To touch:
    b. To examine by touching:
    3. To test or explore with caution:
    a. To undergo the experience of:
    b. To be aware of; sense:
    c. To be emotionally affected by:
    a. To be persuaded of (something) on the basis of intuition, emotion, or other indefinite grounds:
    b. To believe; think:

pick one and use such intelligence to understand that sentence.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    And yet here you are caring about what you think they should do. :rolleyes:

Keep rolling those eyes. You're another one that makes no sense.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Extending the event by a day would seem a reasonable thing for Cryptic to do. Give people who missed their chance today time to catch up.

Yes that would be nice. but if they aint no worries either. i saved it till next year otherewise i got a good practice :)