test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Havelock's Tailor and Costume Issues

Comments

• futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    rofl I like that signature shows dedication :) Much more than I could bear to think about lol.

It's no longer accurate, since they added the new one... but it will be again.
  • rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The Kobali reward BOff from "Dust to Dust" can wear the Seven of Nine outfit...on my KDF Tac Trill female.
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • themic609themic609 Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    So after all this time.. Us KDFs may get the Dahar master Coat and more? Is this for real :eek:
    "Helm Prepare Maneuver Circle Target Alpha, Tactical Prepare BFAW3 and mash Spacebar"

• lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Been out of this thread for a while, so forgive me if this was already mentioned.

I have the Xindi-Reptilian boff and he comes with the Xindi-Reptilian outfit unlock. I went to recreate the look (been using other outfits) and noticed that I could not find the tube/mesh looking shoulder pads anywhere either on him or on my Captain. Are these bugged and missing?
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • gendou#6914 gendou Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Is there any chance we'll be seeing the Suliban options returning to Aliengen?
    We had them for a short time after LoR was released, but they were inexplicably removed.

Now we can't really duplicate the look entirely. Could we get those back?
    Or if not, could we get a reason for their removal? It's very sad to not be able to make them.

Are playable Suliban coming in a future season and we need to wait for that?
  • callevistacallevista Member Posts: 237 Cryptic Developer
    edited February 2015
    lan451 wrote: »
    Been out of this thread for a while, so forgive me if this was already mentioned.

I have the Xindi-Reptilian boff and he comes with the Xindi-Reptilian outfit unlock. I went to recreate the look (been using other outfits) and noticed that I could not find the tube/mesh looking shoulder pads anywhere either on him or on my Captain. Are these bugged and missing?

Sounds like a bug - can you post a screenshot?
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    callevista wrote: »
    Sounds like a bug - can you post a screenshot?

Thanks for getting back so quickly! Turned out to be a false alarm. I restarted my client and it showed up. Sorry 'bout that!
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • jarenriccarjarenriccar Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    by the way Callevista, looking for a final answer on a confusing issue.

if you have a Boff with a special costume unlock (i.e. Xindi or otherwise) and you dismiss the Boff, do you lose access to the costume? or is the unlock permanent whether you keep the boff or not.

also, which Boffs give you costumes? speaking as someone who spends way too much time in the tailor :D
    27507930894_3855d74146_o.jpg

• mattachinemattachine Member Posts: 507 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    rezking wrote: »
    The Kobali reward BOff from "Dust to Dust" can wear the Seven of Nine outfit...on my KDF Tac Trill female.

Yes, My Reman captain aligned to the KDF got her Kobali BOff and ALL the FED uniform options were available to her. None of the KDF or Romulan version though. This needs to be fixed, so they either can wear all faction outfits or the faction to which they belong. I don't want a starfleet officer running around on my bird of prey.

This applies to Aliens as well. They need to get access to the Romulan and KDF uniforms if it is a KDF aligned Romulan/Reman or to the FED and Romulan uniforms if they are aligned with the FEDs.

I do include the Tal Shiar uniform in to the Romulan/Reman uniform options.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    westmetals wrote: »
    I would also seriously like a French braid hairstyle. Or even a 'standard' braid. (This, obviously, would be for races with hair; not Kobali.) It's been a while, but I think there's even a TNG episode or two where minor characters wore this style, so there is a canon basis for it. 'In Theory', perhaps?
    You're wrong, and just to show how wrong you are, I'm posting an example. :P

It's not a French braid, but... not important. :P
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    rezking wrote: »

Actually that's pretty nice. I think the Klingons and Romulans should have their own faction equivalents of Seven's outfit.

Are there any plans to add the Borg Cooperative style Seven of Nine outfits both male and female. I know it's the Risa Wetsuit with the Seven bodysuit material applied to it, but I'd really like it on some of my people.

Also is there a reason why the low collar version of that uniform isn't available?
    You're wrong, and just to show how wrong you are, I'm posting an example. :P

It's not a French braid, but... not important. :P

I approve of that hair in game.

I'd also like Deanna Troi's hair, look great on my Andorian.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • callevistacallevista Member Posts: 237 Cryptic Developer
    edited February 2015
    by the way Callevista, looking for a final answer on a confusing issue.

if you have a Boff with a special costume unlock (i.e. Xindi or otherwise) and you dismiss the Boff, do you lose access to the costume? or is the unlock permanent whether you keep the boff or not.

also, which Boffs give you costumes? speaking as someone who spends way too much time in the tailor :D

Generally speaking, if a Bridge Officer that you receive comes with costume unlocks, whatever those costume pieces are should remain unlocked after you dismiss that Bridge Officer.
  • dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Any chance the latinum earrings could be made to work with the vented (and possibly other) aliengen ears? Here's a reference image with earrings similar to the dangling ones, from The Ship:

http://ds9.trekcore.com/gallery/albums/5x02/theship_236.jpg
    edited February 2015
    Any chance the latinum earrings could be made to work with the vented (and possibly other) aliengen ears? Here's a reference image with earrings similar to the dangling ones, from The Ship:

http://ds9.trekcore.com/gallery/albums/5x02/theship_236.jpg

Ahh, Kilana. the prettiest model of Vorta.
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Enh probably, TNG's costumers seemed to like to make people distinct with hairdos.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Mr. Callevista, sir, thanks for those upcoming patches. I just read the current patchnotes.

If I could post one more wish?

I just bought the Fed Photonic Science Officer (for some 75Mill EC.... :eek:) and I wanted to ask if you could unlock at least a few uniforms to change for him, or at least the color palette.

Why? His uniform was updated to the Odyssey Medical variant and the beige-brown colors are ahmm..
  • leethorogoodleethorogood Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    ROMULAN KLINGON 2 LOWER (MALE) - COLOUR PALETTE NOT WORKING

When you try to change the colour of the base material using the colour palette on the left side, nothing happens, this colour palette seems to have no effect, changing the colour of the padding using the colour palette on the right side works normally.

I've checked the female version of this costume piece and it's not affected by the same problem! :cool:
  • odstparker#7820 odstparker Member Posts: 466 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I managed to make a pretty good outfit using the Vaadwaur and Kobali uniforms, something to make up for the lack of pants and boots on the former. I'm not a big fan of the long trench coat and huge collar, so I used the Vaadwaur 2 variant. It uses the "Panels and Pockets" pants (they line up with the shirt pretty well), the Voth "skirt" (similar colors), and Kobali armor for the wrists and boots.

I will post a picture as soon as I figure out why my screenshot command is turning red into purple and my skin into an Andorian blue.

Hopefully, we'll get the standard infantry uniforms someday, so we won't have to improvise.
    edited February 2015
    Either I have paranoia, or from today on most of my male Boffs look like bricks.

Their shoulders are as wide as their waists and hips! :eek::eek::eek:

Nearly all my male Boffs have usually smaller hips/waists and wider shoulders.

I noticed that when I was at the Tailor and my Fed Photonic Science Officer looked like one of those white chocolate and hazelnut ice cream boxes inside..
  • odstparker#7820 odstparker Member Posts: 466 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I found some pictures that show the Vaadwaur uniform pieces that we're missing after the recent Lobi Store addition. There's the pants, boots, and various armor pieces such as an open helmet and backpacks.

This officer concept shows the boots quite clearly, with the same pattern as the coat.
    http://o.aolcdn.com/hss/storage/midas/a4f219d6f722f7e7e73dadc35cc13dbf/200822947/sto-cl-arts-2-epl-926.jpg

A shot from the expansion trailer shows pants with strips on them, likely in a similar pattern as the other pieces. Similar to Jupiter variants, but not quite the same.
    http://o.aolcdn.com/hss/storage/midas/8b7266bbade09cd09b37b6802d0063ec/200645734/sto-deltatrailer-epl-826.jpg

Here's a group of soldiers that shows the backpack and chest straps.
    http://i.imgur.com/4uNcoYd.jpg

I'd love to have access to the entire Vaadwaur arsenal, they have a great range of tactical uniforms, made specifically for ground combat.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,746 Community Moderator
    edited February 2015
    What happened to the Tellarite Base Complexions for Female AlienGen Captains? :confused:
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • tk79tk79 Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The Intel Short Jacket issue for males has been fixed with the last patch. Thank you very much.
    U.S.S. Eastgate Photo Wall
    STO Screenshot Archive

edited February 2015
    tk79 wrote: »
    The Intel Short Jacket issue for males has been fixed with the last patch. Thank you very much.

help me out here please, what was the issue?
  • tk79tk79 Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    help me out here please, what was the issue?

The short jackets were open for males (not expected), and closed for females (expected). As a result, males didn't get a short+closed variant. Apparently, all short versions were supposed to be closed, and long versions open. Honestly, I wanted both open/closed versions for both short and long versions but I am good with this fix for the moment.
    U.S.S. Eastgate Photo Wall
    STO Screenshot Archive

• bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Lets have both options for both jackets on both genders. LOL
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
    edited February 2015
    ahh yes, thx. I knew there was something strange about the promo pics...

I wouldn't mind to see both versions for both genders too.
  • adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Hey Callevista, I don't mean to bug but is there any news on the potential Rom-Fed skirt option?
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Since the cloth fixes (which are a huge improvement, thanks so much for them!), the female TOS Romulan sash clips through a character's butt a bit in a standing animation. This is with the default body proportions. I'm not sure if it affects all stances, but I've noticed it with stern.

Still, it's so nice to see that thing not look like a piece of paper blowing in the wind.

-edit-

Sorry, stern stance, not standard. This doesn't seem to be an issue with standard.
  • gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The knees of Q's "dancing girls" go straight through their loincloths when they dance, too...though I also agree that for the most part this way is better. Seems there may need to be some kind of collision added now that there will be more contact between the cloth and the toon's body when they move?

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
    edited February 2015
    I am having an issue with clipping in the arms on the Romulan Republic 1 undershirt and jacket.

adamkafei wrote: »
    Hey Callevista, I don't mean to bug but is there any news on the potential Rom-Fed skirt option?

I am hoping this will happen some day.

On a separate note, I love the new cloth physics.