What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Havelock's Tailor and Costume Issues

Comments

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Seconded. As I noted elsewhere - if you're going to release something, do it properly. This also means no silly coloration limitations: if Facility 4028's photonic staff (and, IIRC, one of the quartermasters on Kobali Prime) can have black MACO armor, we should be able to, too.

On another note, it seems that the 'figure-8' insignia that can be featured on the Kobali regalia's left armband doesn't recolor. Yes, when you click on the appropriate color box, the whole palette pops up, but it doesn't apply your selection.
    It worked fine when I tried it. My character was an Alien female though.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    odstparker#7820 odstparker Member Posts: 466 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Kobali soldier uniform is in the drop down menu up top right, where you select off duty/maco/etc.
    I thought it was missing a lot too until somebody happened to mention that in another thread.

I'm talking about the Vaadwaur Officer's Uniform, from the new Vaadwaur lockbox Lobi Store additions. The one that only comes with the jacket, its additional pieces that make up the full jacket, a helmet and mask, and a belt.

The Kobali uniform includes just about every single piece of clothing and armor we've seen on their soldiers. That's why I like it much more. It even includes some battle damaged pieces. There's still some restriction and missing extra pieces on certain characters, but it's much better.
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2015
    enoemg wrote: »
    I'm talking about the Vaadwaur Officer's Uniform, from the new Vaadwaur lockbox Lobi Store additions. The one that only comes with the jacket, its additional pieces that make up the full jacket, a helmet and mask, and a belt.

The Kobali uniform includes just about every single piece of clothing and armor we've seen on their soldiers. That's why I like it much more. It even includes some battle damaged pieces. There's still some restriction and missing extra pieces on certain characters, but it's much better.

Ah lol sorry, that's what I get for posting late at night.

Yes, the Vaadwaur uniform is missing a lot. Which as you point out seems crazy considering we have to pay Lobi for it and the Kobali uniform was free.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Hello, all! It's been a while since I've posted in my own thread. Heh. I stopped playing STO for a couple months, took a break about the time Season 9.5 was released and on through most of the initial launch of Delta Rising. With the Y05 Anniversary, I've started playing again, but only quite casually. I'm not at a point where I'll be spending as much time/effort on the forums...

But, hey, presto! You guys have continued just fine without me. I'm very happy to see the tone in this thread has remained constructive, that the Devs are still popping in and helping out, and so on. That's fantastic!

Since I saw the OP lists were outdated, I removed them. Maybe someday I'll come back and maintain a list, but for now, this thread must fly on it's own. So keep up the good works, live long, and prosper!

:)

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    callevistacallevista Member Posts: 237 Cryptic Developer
    edited February 2015
    Kobali costume updates are coming soon:
    -Some color choices on Kobali costume parts were not working -this has been looked at and resolved.
    -Tails should no longer appear on the Kobali Bridge Officer.
    - Some parts that were not intended to appear on the Kobali Bridge Officer have also been re-categorized.

Just to be clear, the Kobali costume parts are asymmetrical in design - so there are some parts that have stripes, logos, battle-scars etc. that are not mirrored on the other side.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    callevista wrote: »
    -Some color choices on Kobali costume parts were not working -this has been looked at and resolved.
    - Some parts that were not intended to appear on the Kobali Bridge Officer have also been re-categorized.

Just to be clear, the Kobali costume parts are asymmetrical in design - so there are some parts that have stripes, logos, battle-scars etc. that are not mirrored on the other side.

Thanks for the update Callevista. I hope the "color choices" update mention includes the left arm band insignia. Mine (Havelock Vetinari@PatricianVetinari, male, human, Fed) is stuck at grey and nothing I do can change it. I hadn't had a chance to submit a ticket yet...

ETA - I'm referring to the armband on the fifth Kobali in this picture. I can get my armband to be that orange, but the symbol (that looks like a "2") on the armband won't change to white (or any other color), it's stuck at grey.

Also curious. In the Kobali picture, the first two "civilians" look like maybe they're wearing a hoods. I looked all around my settings and could not find this piece. Is it a hood, and should we have it? (If so, where would I find it, if not, can we? :D). And when wearing the Kobali robe bottoms, I don't have access to either of the Kobali boots, and only had a couple non-Kobali choices (I selected Soft Boots). If intended, it'll do (though I'd like to wear the "unarmored" boots worn by the Kobali to the far-right).

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    craig76 wrote: »
    Its come to my attention that there are a few combadges that clip when a female toon has medium to large busts.
    Terran empire badge doesnt sit flush against costume on any toon, male or female. If you turn sideways, see it floating in midair.
    The next generation - film combadge clips on female toons
    The next generation - series combadge clips on female toons
    The wrath of khan clips very slightly on bottom left corner of badge when looking at it
    Bajoran combadge sits forward,(floating in midair), at top part of combadge while bottom part sits flush against costume

These have been looked at and adjusted - thanks!
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Most recent list.

Current Caitian and Ferasan issues

These bugs have been found by me or reported by other users.

Caitians and Ferasans cannot use feline hands with club wear.
    Cats cannot use tails with Delta Rep armor.
    Winter hats do not allow female cats to use the slit eye option.
    Cats cannot use the Risian sunglasses.
    Ferasan heads clip with the Honor Guard fur shoulders while using the stern stance.
    Box to change face patterns does not always show up. (Only happening on Caitians at the moment.)
    Winter hats cause Ferasans to lose their fangs, whiskers, and eyebrows. Also, it gives them the choice of fur colors such as brown, which is for Caitians only.
    Ferasan tails clip with Honor Guard capes.
    New ear style Feline Tucked isn't an option on female Caitians.
    Ferasan earrings don't line up with ears on Feline Tucked.
    Tails aren't an option on Kobali Armor.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Thanks for the update Callevista. I hope the "color choices" update mention includes the left arm band insignia. Mine (Havelock Vetinari@PatricianVetinari, male, human, Fed) is stuck at grey and nothing I do can change it. I hadn't had a chance to submit a ticket yet...

ETA - I'm referring to the armband on the fifth Kobali in this picture. I can get my armband to be that orange, but the symbol (that looks like a "2") on the armband won't change to white (or any other color), it's stuck at grey.

Also curious. In the Kobali picture, the first two "civilians" look like maybe they're wearing a hoods. I looked all around my settings and could not find this piece. Is it a hood, and should we have it? (If so, where would I find it, if not, can we? :D). And when wearing the Kobali robe bottoms, I don't have access to either of the Kobali boots, and only had a couple non-Kobali choices (I selected Soft Boots). If intended, it'll do (though I'd like to wear the "unarmored" boots worn by the Kobali to the far-right).

Regarding the color choice on the armbands - yes the fix we did should address that, and make it possible to change the color of the insignia. (This also should fix other Kobali costume parts that had the same problem).

The "hood" that you see was deemed NPC-only because it broke the mold for how it is held on the head (hair would clip significantly, and certain types of non-humanoid heads would not be compatible).

Regarding the Kobali Robe Lowers - If you want wear the Kobali Soldier 1 or Kobali Soldier 2 boots with the Kobali Robe Lower - you must switch your category to Kobali Combat Armor for the Lower Body Region.

We did not allow the Kobali Soldier boots on the Off-Duty Robes category because it would potentially clip through other existing Robes. I'll look at these again, we maybe able to get the less-bulky Kobali Soldier 1 boots to work with the existing Robes. But the Kobali Soldier 2 Boots certainly will not work with the Off-Duty Robes.
  • Options
    dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    callevista, this is not an issue at all, I just want to thank you and the other artists responsible for designing the Kobali outfits and getting them into our hands. They're great -- I made a lovely off duty outfit using a combination of them and the Talaxian clothes :)
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    Most recent list.

Current Caitian and Ferasan issues

These bugs have been found by me or reported by other users.

Caitians and Ferasans cannot use feline hands with club wear.
    Cats cannot use tails with Delta Rep armor.
    Winter hats do not allow female cats to use the slit eye option.
    Cats cannot use the Risian sunglasses.
    Ferasan heads clip with the Honor Guard fur shoulders while using the stern stance.
    Box to change face patterns does not always show up. (Only happening on Caitians at the moment.)
    Winter hats cause Ferasans to lose their fangs, whiskers, and eyebrows. Also, it gives them the choice of fur colors such as brown, which is for Caitians only.
    Ferasan tails clip with Honor Guard capes.
    New ear style Feline Tucked isn't an option on female Caitians.
    Ferasan earrings don't line up with ears on Feline Tucked.
    Tails aren't an option on Kobali Armor.

Thanks,
    Here's fixes related to Caitians and Ferasans:
    -The issues related to the Winter Hats will be resolved today, and updated soon.
    -Feline tails have been added to the Kobali Armor and the Delta Alliance Combat Armor
    -I quickly checked the Feline Tucked ears - it seems to work on my test character, but I'll have to dig a bit deeper - can you post a screenshot of that specifically?
    -We'll take more time to fix the other issues including the Clubwear, Risian Sunglasses, and the clipping issues.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    callevista, this is not an issue at all, I just want to thank you and the other artists responsible for designing the Kobali outfits and getting them into our hands. They're great -- I made a lovely off duty outfit using a combination of them and the Talaxian clothes :)

Thank you so much!
  • Options
    edited February 2015

Originally we weren't sure if we could get it done in time - but it turned out that we finished it within the time constraints :) There was also debate on whether to release the damaged versions.
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Thanks,
    Here's fixes related to Caitians and Ferasans:
    -The issues related to the Winter Hats will be resolved today, and updated soon.
    -Feline tails have been added to the Kobali Armor and the Delta Alliance Combat Armor
    -I quickly checked the Feline Tucked ears - it seems to work on my test character, but I'll have to dig a bit deeper - can you post a screenshot of that specifically?
    -We'll take more time to fix the other issues including the Clubwear, Risian Sunglasses, and the clipping issues.

Thank you for the response!

The feline tucked issue I am not 100% sure about as it was reported to me by another player. I will see if they can take a pic and post it here when they have done so.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Callevista, thank you for the response regarding the color choice, hood, etc. Makes perfect sense to me why some pieces are NPC only. I can accept it and appreciate the reasoning and reply. I didn't even think to wear the robes in the special Armor mode, I will check that out. I mean if you can get the smaller Kobali 1 boots to work in Off Duty mode, that would be great, too, of course.

And you mentioned the Damaged Kobali outfits? Those are GREAT! I'm happy they are available!

BTW - Thanks for the great work on these costumes. The Kobali gear is fantastic! Likewise, when I set those up, I made my Vaadwaur and Talaxian outfits for my main. Man, you guys are really putting out some pimo costumes. My compliments from me to you!!!

Also, extra special thanks to whomever fixed the new 2014 Christmas hat. I was terribly disappointed that my character's beard couldn't be worn if he had the had on (meaning, I wouldn't ever wear the hat), but when in the tailor the other day making my uniforms, I found that you guys added my character's facial hair options to be compatible with the hat. I was SUPER happy about that. THANKS!!!!

:D

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The "hood" that you see was deemed NPC-only because it broke the mold for how it is held on the head (hair would clip significantly, and certain types of non-humanoid heads would not be compatible).
    what about the Kobali Boff? Would it work there?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Originally we weren't sure if we could get it done in time - but it turned out that we finished it within the time constraints :) There was also debate on whether to release the damaged versions.

While I don't see myself using them personally, I really appreciate that you included the damaged versions. I hope more things like that can be done in the future, it adds a lot of customization and roleplay potential.

Thanks for replying :)
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    what about the Kobali Boff? Would it work there?

The Kobali "hoods" are considered an off-duty item, (civilians wear it) and not part of any formal "uniform." But I will investigate the possibility of adding it to the Kobali BOFF.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Callevista, thank you for the response regarding the color choice, hood, etc. Makes perfect sense to me why some pieces are NPC only. I can accept it and appreciate the reasoning and reply. I didn't even think to wear the robes in the special Armor mode, I will check that out. I mean if you can get the smaller Kobali 1 boots to work in Off Duty mode, that would be great, too, of course.

And you mentioned the Damaged Kobali outfits? Those are GREAT! I'm happy they are available!

BTW - Thanks for the great work on these costumes. The Kobali gear is fantastic! Likewise, when I set those up, I made my Vaadwaur and Talaxian outfits for my main. Man, you guys are really putting out some pimo costumes. My compliments from me to you!!!

Also, extra special thanks to whomever fixed the new 2014 Christmas hat. I was terribly disappointed that my character's beard couldn't be worn if he had the had on (meaning, I wouldn't ever wear the hat), but when in the tailor the other day making my uniforms, I found that you guys added my character's facial hair options to be compatible with the hat. I was SUPER happy about that. THANKS!!!!

:D

Thanks again for your comments, and for helping us squash bugs. From time to time, we really get busy and we are not able to comment on the forums - but we do read them. Today was one of those days that I got a chance between tasks to hit the forums after a period of heads-down work.
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Thanks again for your comments, and for helping us squash bugs. From time to time, we really get busy and we are not able to comment on the forums - but we do read them. Today was one of those days that I got a chance between tasks to hit the forums after a period of heads-down work.

I have wondered if the KHG costumes would ever get a fix but being its been like three years of them being broken now that a fix is most likely never coming.
  • Options
    linksword01linksword01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Calle, is there any chance that upcoming faction-less unifoms could have darker color options? I found that the Kobali Uniform for example, can't get very dark. I tried to go very dark, but could only get it down to a Dark Grey, so I was not able to get it to work with my Klingon Character.
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,281 Arc User
    edited February 2015

westmetals wrote: »
    A little off to one side, but.... would it be possible to get the Kobali head shape (as used for the BOFF) added to the options for Alien captains and BOFFs? Currently, most or all of the coloring options are there, and this is basically the final obstacle to a convincing Kobali....
    or better yet, convince whoever on the dev team that decides this kind of thing to make kobali an actual species, along with the benthans, hazari, kazon and whatever other delta quadrant species could realisticially become a player character

neither the federation nor the kdf have had a new playable species added to their roster in years, and the republic hasn't had one at all beyond the initial species choices back with their release in LoR
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Please see this image, and this image. Thank you.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • Options
    tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    hot damn, this thread is getting some love :)
    while we are at it, can we get the pallette issue sorted out with the timesuit boots on kdf females?
  • Options
    adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Any chance of getting the Romulan Federation uniform get the skirt added as shown here? It's just that it would be nice to have another free skirt for Roms and it goes well with the uniform upper which is already in game.
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    We've certainly looked at adding the Kobali heads to aliengen, but when, or if that happens is up to our Design department. I've forwarded your request regarding this to them.

Regarding color choices on Kobali costume pieces - I'll look into adding some dark colors.

Regarding KHG costumes.. and Klingons costumes in general. One of our character artists is finishing the first phase of a Klingon Revamp. This is basic adjusting of default Klingon body proportions. After that, when we get more time, he will go more in-depth and tackle deeper issues such as bugs, clipping, etc. We will post more information soon.

Regarding tucked ears and earrings - I understand now what you were talking about. Thank you for the screenshot. I will investigate what we can do.

I'll check on the Romulan skirt that you mentioned.
  • Options
    gendou#6914 gendou Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Do you think they'll ever add the Suliban shapes/textures back into the aliengen?
    They were in there at one point and then removed for some reason.
  • Options
    leethorogoodleethorogood Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    adamkafei wrote: »
    Any chance of getting the Romulan Federation uniform get the skirt added as shown here? It's just that it would be nice to have another free skirt for Roms and it goes well with the uniform upper which is already in game.
    I suspect that skirt doesn't exist as a costume asset only in artwork, however I would love to be proven wrong! :cool:
  • Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Callevista, just a few questions about the Dyson Long jacket on females:

screenshot_2015-02-07-21-58-33_zpsfd122e1d.jpg

as you can see, her arms are like straws in that triangular position. They appear completley thin and without elbow.

There is a "black mass" between the legs, thighs and hips, and the uniform itself. It gives the females a pretty big a... ahm behind I mean. Their hips look double the size as usual.
    I forgot to make a front screenshop, but in front she looks like she has something hidden on her tighs that makes the jacket look much wider.

That only happens on my female chracacters. Will this be checked upon sometimes?