test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Havelock's Tailor and Costume Issues

Comments

• rsoblivionrsoblivion Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    callevista wrote: »
    We've certainly looked at adding the Kobali heads to aliengen, but when, or if that happens is up to our Design department. I've forwarded your request regarding this to them.

Regarding color choices on Kobali costume pieces - I'll look into adding some dark colors.

Regarding KHG costumes.. and Klingons costumes in general. One of our character artists is finishing the first phase of a Klingon Revamp. This is basic adjusting of default Klingon body proportions. After that, when we get more time, he will go more in-depth and tackle deeper issues such as bugs, clipping, etc. We will post more information soon.

Regarding tucked ears and earrings - I understand now what you were talking about. Thank you for the screenshot. I will investigate what we can do.

I'll check on the Romulan skirt that you mentioned.

There's an issue with the Male Kobali Uniforms where the second colour swatch changes are linked through most of the clothing pieces, limiting colour variation and use on most of the Uniform. Tested on a Human Tactical BoFF.

The other problem with the Kobali Uniform is that when modifying a BoFF who already has it setup the editor loses that information and reverts most of the uniform (except the shoulder pads and boots I think) to random defaults from the normal selection of uniform items.
    Chris Robert's on SC:
    "You don't have to do something again and again and again repetitive that doesn't have much challange, that's just a general good gameplay thing."
  • novapolaris#2925 novapolaris Member Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'd also like to say thank you very much to everyone on the art team for all their hard work! Not everyone seems to realize just what goes into each little detail, character part or costume piece, the time it takes to get all of that done, or the other priorities that can take focus away from adding new costume sets and the like.

On another note, I'm wondering something. If the game contained models for tails not associated with paid-for species, would it be possible for them to be made available for aliengen? I'm also still interested in expansions to the aliengen parts, as well as the possibility of unlocking parts via ownership of paid-for species to prevent purchase-breaking designs.

There's also the issue that Federation NPCs use colors for holographic and glowing segments of gear which are absolutely not available whatsoever for Federation and Fed-allied Romulan players; such as orange. Currently, Federation characters use the Romulan glow palette for everything, which does not include the orange that Federation NPCs use. Can this be made available for Federation and Fed-allied Romulan players to use?
    kishodar wrote: »
    Would be awesome if the Nausicaans could also get an update while you're at it.

They're missing an option to add ears and could also use the other hairstyles that the Nausicaan NPC's walking around Qo'nos have access to.

They're also still missing the option of the thigh armor that Nausicaan NPCs use.
  • odstparker#7820 odstparker Member Posts: 466 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Callevista, first of all, thank you for responding to the thread and hearing out our pleas for fixes. The tailor is one of my favorite parts of STO, and the art and design teams do an absolutely fantastic job with it and all of the uniforms in the game.

Second, just so I can get an answer to a question I've had ever since I encountered the Vaadwaur infantry, will we ever have access to the standard Vaadwaur soldier uniforms? Less ornate jacket, pants, and boots, a helmet without a mask, and that amazing backpack made up of pouches similar to the Omega armor? The officer coats and accessories are great, but getting the full range of Kobali clothing (for free) shortly after buying the Vaadwaur Officer's uniform from the Lobi Store really made me wonder if it could be a little more extensive. The full range of Vaadwaur uniforms would make for a very good looking tactical ground team.
  • shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    We've certainly looked at adding the Kobali heads to aliengen, but when, or if that happens is up to our Design department. I've forwarded your request regarding this to them.

Regarding color choices on Kobali costume pieces - I'll look into adding some dark colors.

Regarding KHG costumes.. and Klingons costumes in general. One of our character artists is finishing the first phase of a Klingon Revamp. This is basic adjusting of default Klingon body proportions. After that, when we get more time, he will go more in-depth and tackle deeper issues such as bugs, clipping, etc. We will post more information soon.

Regarding tucked ears and earrings - I understand now what you were talking about. Thank you for the screenshot. I will investigate what we can do.

I'll check on the Romulan skirt that you mentioned.

Most of the Kobali parts are already in aliengen, actually, I've been running one for just over a year now. The trick is the ears, the default Kobali ears are huge compared to what we've seen in DR and Dust to Dust thus far.
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    ...Regarding the Kobali Robe Lowers - If you want wear the Kobali Soldier 1 or Kobali Soldier 2 boots with the Kobali Robe Lower - you must switch your category to Kobali Combat Armor for the Lower Body Region...
    Found it! Thanks Callevista.

:)

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    JWjUTHB.jpg
    Supplied to me by another user. As you can see, no tucked ear option on the female.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • tk79tk79 Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Hello Callevista,

the Intel Jacket uniforms (Short) used to have a closed variant:

brisson_intel_jacket_close.png

But one patch later, the closed variant turned into open.

Male characters no longer have a closed option.
    Female characters get closed variant for short jacket, open variant for long jacket.

Could you please make it so both short and long variants of the jackets can be worn open or closed, both for males and females? Right now it's inconsistent. And personally, I find the closed variants much better, and it would be nice to have them in the long jackets.

Thanks.
    U.S.S. Eastgate Photo Wall
    STO Screenshot Archive

• khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2015
    tk79 wrote: »
    Hello Callevista,

the Intel Jacket uniforms (Short) used to have a closed variant:

brisson_intel_jacket_close.png

But one patch later, the closed variant turned into open.

Male characters no longer have a closed option.
    Female characters get closed variant for short jacket, open variant for long jacket.

Could you please make it so both short and long variants of the jackets can be worn open or closed, both for males and females? Right now it's inconsistent. And personally, I find the closed variants much better, and it would be nice to have them in the long jackets.

Thanks.

Yes please, I'm not a huge fan of the 'open' style jackets. I really want the 'closed' versions back on my male toons. But since both clearly exist, it would be nice to have the option.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The Kobali "hoods" are considered an off-duty item, (civilians wear it) and not part of any formal "uniform." But I will investigate the possibility of adding it to the Kobali BOFF.
    Cool. Thanks. :D

BTW, are we ever getting female Nausicaans, Letheans or Gorn?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Thanks Calle, and might I add, thanks for the Kobali uniform as it's pretty freaking cool.
    Thanks,
    Here's fixes related to Caitians and Ferasans:
    -The issues related to the Winter Hats will be resolved today, and updated soon.
    -Feline tails have been added to the Kobali Armor and the Delta Alliance Combat Armor
    -I quickly checked the Feline Tucked ears - it seems to work on my test character, but I'll have to dig a bit deeper - can you post a screenshot of that specifically?
    -We'll take more time to fix the other issues including the Clubwear, Risian Sunglasses, and the clipping issues.
    While we're on that, is it possible for us to get a tail option added to the AlienGen. I'm sure it's been mentioned before, but I've never heard why we wouldn't.

Especially odd with the Rigelian and Kobali accidentally getting tails.
    The Kobali "hoods" are considered an off-duty item, (civilians wear it) and not part of any formal "uniform." But I will investigate the possibility of adding it to the Kobali BOFF.
    That would be cool, thank you.
    xangen wrote: »
    Do you think they'll ever add the Suliban shapes/textures back into the aliengen?
    They were in there at one point and then removed for some reason.

PLEASE. I need a Suliban BOFF in my life both for my Fed AND Romulan characters. Either Alien or an actual Suliban BOFF would be great.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • callevistacallevista Member Posts: 237 Cryptic Developer
    edited February 2015
    Regarding the Caitian and Ferasan ears - These were not meant to have been in the normal "Feline Head" category, and thus should have only been in the "Hats and Hoods" category. The intention was that when you put on a hood, or a hat, that the ears would be sufficiently tucked back so that they wouldn't clip through the hat (or hood) that could be worn. There will be a change that makes the Tucked ears available only in the Hats and Hoods category. Ideally, you should never see the tucked ears, but when you do - it's because the hat or hood you have on exposes the ears in some fashion.
    edited February 2015
    captaind3 wrote: »

While we're on that, is it possible for us to get a tail option added to the AlienGen. I'm sure it's been mentioned before, but I've never heard why we wouldn't.

The furry tail options are meant for Catian, and Ferasan. At this point and time, there are no plans to add them to Aliengen. The reason is, we felt that the furry tails are very unique to Feline characters, and therefore we wanted to keep it for them exclusively. That's not to say we couldn't add "non-feline" tails of course. But there are a lot of other things we'd like to add - just a matter of budgeting the time we have.
    edited February 2015
    adamkafei wrote: »
    Any chance of getting the Romulan Federation uniform get the skirt added as shown here? It's just that it would be nice to have another free skirt for Roms and it goes well with the uniform upper which is already in game.

We didn't make that skirt unfortunately. Suffice to say, we were pressed for time, and we had to cut a few things.
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The furry tail options are meant for Catian, and Ferasan. At this point and time, there are no plans to add them to Aliengen. The reason is, we felt that the furry tails are very unique to Feline characters, and therefore we wanted to keep it for them exclusively. That's not to say we couldn't add "non-feline" tails of course. But there are a lot of other things we'd like to add - just a matter of budgeting the time we have.

Thank you for the prompt reply.

A non-feline tail is perfectly fine by me, as long as it's slim. A serpentine tail would be perfectly fine. The look I'm going for is a sort of reptile gazelle hybrid (humanoid of course), The tail would be a counterbalance kind of thing. I don't even want fur. My expansion of that classic Cryptic alien off of that cover of PC gamer.

And of course I can appreciate your budget both temporal and financial. You guys are artists you probably have imaginations crazier than ours are.

NOW, about those Suliban?
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2015
    We didn't make that skirt unfortunately. Suffice to say, we were pressed for time, and we had to cut a few things.

Another thing to add to the collection of LoR things cut like the Reman section of New Romulus.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    some of the Starfleet alien NPCs have a short pink tail that looks kinda reptilian.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Thanks for all the hard work Callevista!

Frequently when using the outfit only option in the load uniform section I get either an error message, or the character/boff in question becomes bald with a randomly colored shirt. Only way i know to completely avoid it is to load an outfit you made with the same character/boff.

Makes changing your crew's uniform more time consuming than it has to be.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
    edited February 2015
    Thanks for all the hard work Callevista!

Frequently when using the outfit only option in the load uniform section I get either an error message, or the character/boff in question becomes bald with a randomly colored shirt. Only way i know to completely avoid it is to load an outfit you made with the same character/boff.

Makes changing your crew's uniform more time consuming than it has to be.

Thanks, I'll send that to our programmers.
    edited February 2015
    Quick update:

The alternate version of the Intel Uniform that was mentioned (the one without lapels) was not officially released because we deemed it was unfinished. We will look at the schedule again and see if there is time to add it in with the things we intended.

The elbow issue mentioned about the Dyson uniforms will be fixed in a coming update.

I took a look at the Dyson Uniforms and did a few other things like adjust the "backside" of the pants to look a slightly less "prominent." I also adjusted the interior of the jacket a bit to look less thick. Mind you, the shape is the same as before, but the shading and the interior polys have been adjusted.
  • gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Quick update:

The alternate version of the Intel Uniform that was mentioned (the one without lapels) was not officially released because we deemed it was unfinished. We will look at the schedule again and see if there is time to add it in with the things we intended.

The elbow issue mentioned about the Dyson uniforms will be fixed in a coming update.

I took a look at the Dyson Uniforms and did a few other things like adjust the "backside" of the pants to look a slightly less "prominent." I also adjusted the interior of the jacket a bit to look less thick. Mind you, the shape is the same as before, but the shading and the interior polys have been adjusted.

Uh-oh, I hope the optical illusion I have been able to create of proper neck ridges on my Cardassian male won't be going away...I used the open-collar long Dyson coat to do it. I can provide a pic when I get off work if you need to see it.

Not to sound ungrateful for your work. I was just very proud of my sartorial accomplishment... :P ;)

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • bberge1701bberge1701 Member Posts: 726 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2015

I've seen this sort of behavior a lot in the Tailor. If you're trying to load a type of outfit other than "uniform", it seems to TRIBBLE up and attempt (badly) to load the outfit under the default "uniform" type. If you set the uniform type from the drop down first, it seems to work better. Maybe it's not saving the uniform type correctly when you save an outfit?

Speaking of which, I've noticed a bit of an issue with the Kobali boff. I've got her in the Kobali Armor style uniform, but she reverts to "uniform" whenever I try to edit her. I can fix it by setting the costume type and using the Undo to revert the uniform back, but it doesn't stay "fixed".
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2015
    Quick update:

Woot. Much appreciated, thanks! :)
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
    edited February 2015
    bberge1701 wrote: »
    I've seen this sort of behavior a lot in the Tailor. If you're trying to load a type of outfit other than "uniform", it seems to TRIBBLE up and attempt (badly) to load the outfit under the default "uniform" type. If you set the uniform type from the drop down first, it seems to work better. Maybe it's not saving the uniform type correctly when you save an outfit?

Speaking of which, I've noticed a bit of an issue with the Kobali boff. I've got her in the Kobali Armor style uniform, but she reverts to "uniform" whenever I try to edit her. I can fix it by setting the costume type and using the Undo to revert the uniform back, but it doesn't stay "fixed".

Sorry about that. It's a known issue.
    By default, the tailor will always try to go to a "Uniform" category first, rather than what a saved outfit should be set to.
  • linksword01linksword01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Another Tailor issue I've been encountering Calle is that if I save a costume, and then try to load that costume to another, such as a bridge officer, It give me an error saying that the costume is not the correct type. I don't know why this is, but it's been present since Season 9.
    edited February 2015
    Another Tailor issue I've been encountering Calle is that if I save a costume, and then try to load that costume to another, such as a bridge officer, It give me an error saying that the costume is not the correct type. I don't know why this is, but it's been present since Season 9.

Thanks,
    I'll forward this to programming.
  • bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    captaind3 wrote: »
    Thank you for the prompt reply.

A non-feline tail is perfectly fine by me, as long as it's slim. A serpentine tail would be perfectly fine. The look I'm going for is a sort of reptile gazelle hybrid (humanoid of course), The tail would be a counterbalance kind of thing. I don't even want fur. My expansion of that classic Cryptic alien off of that cover of PC gamer.

And of course I can appreciate your budget both temporal and financial. You guys are artists you probably have imaginations crazier than ours are.

NOW, about those Suliban?

I myself kinda wanna see a thin whip like tail for aliens, and maybe a "bladed" option for it too. I am making all my aliens from a species like is kinda resembling demons.
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    bberge1701 wrote: »

The problems I've experienced have all been using uniform type outfits.

For example, last week i decided one of my characters would use the odessey uniform so i set it up on my character and saved it. I then tried to load the outfit only onto my boffs and got the problems i described. Same happened when i tried to switch my romulan's boffs to tal shiar uniforms. In both situations i had to manually create every uniform.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,488 Community Moderator
    edited February 2015
    Caitians have a bit of a problem with renaming outfits still. Even if you use all stock parts, it says the uniform is using incompatable parts or something like that. But then when you tweak one thing, it defaults to the name you wanted to set up in the first place. Even if all you do is change the commbadge.

At least... my female Caitian has this. I don't know if its species wide or not. But it might be.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Quick update:

Oh my God, wow thanks.

I love you and I will give my first child your name.

Thanks to you for taking the time, bet you guys are already drawing the next additions to the game.

By the way, the Dyson Jackets clip with everything added to it. Chest gear, Kit parts, long Hairstyles.
    :D:P:D
  • trelane87trelane87 Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I've noticed some clipping on the neck on the Talaxian Dress uniform from the Talaxian boff in the lobi store on my Vulcan male character:

http://i.imgur.com/X4oKtWG.png

Looks really bad when my character is moving :(