What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

STO Player Poll! February 12th, 2015

Comments

• Options
    pwefailpwefail Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    bugfixes.bugfixes.bugfixes and oh bugfixes.
    The player formerly known as Chunter.
  • Options
    nucasternucaster Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I choose Exploration Missions, because I hope they would have randomly generated thought provoking parameters to make it so you can play up to a 1000 different missions (or some large number).

Although..

I want PVP to be more balanced, but that wasn't an option.
    Adding more queues and maps doesn't fix what's broken in the PVP end.

Instead of a single vote poll it would have been nice to set priorities...
  • Options
    djxprimedjxprime Member Posts: 522 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I was really torn between Exploration and Foundry Functionality. I ended up voting for Foundry since I like to mess around with it quite a bit. Exploration comes in a VERY close second for me.

Edit: Yeah, poll aside, some MAJOR bug fixes would be VERY nice.
    Kkerp5u.jpg?1

"No matter where you go...there you are."
  • Options
    edna#7310 edna Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    very fair ...after all pvp players left make a "democratic vote " about pvp.

middle finger@ cryptic ....Putin should takes notes from cryptic
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    One word of thought before people overlook the Foundry.

Be careful what you wish for. User-generated content, you've got a choice to do or not do, and is less likely to have a broken system or hideous, expensive grind attached that will have a global effect on gameplay. If these exploration missions are anything like the old ones, or like patrols, or if everyone is forced into doing PVP, you will regret your vote. At least with the Foundry once you figure out who your favorite authors are, you can do some personal quality control depending on how you define quality. The play experiences available are far more varied than anything else you'll get.

(And again at least in the worst case, where a grind DOES get attached to the Foundry, remember that degree of control over your particular experience of the Foundry that you would NOT have in any of the other areas.)

People voted VOY and got the disjointed mess that was the DR patrols...quite possibly because VOY itself was a disjointed mess and it sent the signal people did not care about coherent story arcs or at least were OK with their play experience being a shattered mess. (Now, the true mission arcs were great, but the patrols and the leveling delays were devastating.)

Think about the risks of sending a signal that could get misinterpreted.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    tuvok278tuvok278 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    pvp, pvp, pvp
  • Options
    drennikdrennik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Voted.

More Episodes, More Exploration, and MORE BUGFIXES!

Seriously, todays patch was supposed to fix the UI Lag (it didn't, possibly even made things worse), and my Bridge officers are still going AWOL every time I change map.

Call me a pessimist, but I think regardless of the poll results, we'll probbaly get more Patrols, more PVE Queue events, and less in the way of actual MEANINGFUL content.
  • Options
    riccardo171riccardo171 Member Posts: 1,802 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Voted for PvP. We can't lose this.

I'm sending fleet wide mail, alerting OPvP and T5U PvP, PMing my whole friend list, spreading the word on Steam and making sure it gets spread in return as best as it possible, and many are doing the same already. If anything it will emerge that PvP community is a compact one.
  • Options
    illcadiaillcadia Member Posts: 1,412 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2015
    I'd honestly love to see some well put together 'episode style'e exploration missions.

No shooting. No rescuing the new race from pirates that we have to massacre. No upstart rebels that we have to massacre. No trial by combat where we have to stab the new aliens to death to be accepted by their society.

I wan't some straightforward TNG style exploration.

Go to a new world, or a ship, make first contact, exchange delegations, have some doff derived dialogue options like how the romulan missions used to have diplomacy gated choices.

Maybe throw in a mystery- the aliens are being evasive about part of their culture or technology or their planet and you have to go investigate. Maybe one of their aides was assassinated and you have to solve the murder mystery, but the end involves finding the murderer and taking him into custody WITHOUT SHOOTING HIM IN THE HEAD OR STABBING HIM WITH A SWORD.

NO. SHOOTING.

That said I voted for PVP because PVP desperately needs attention, and while you can play an episode once or twice and really enjoy it, playing it the five million times needed to rank up specialization points is just boredom whereas I can PVP for hours without getting bored, so I'd really appreciate new scenario queues, new maps- balance stuff sure, but queues and maps don't take the same devs that balance and revamps do.
  • Options
    rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    So, I vaguely remember the LAST poll...something about the Krenim :P

Thanks for asking, anyway.

BUT, why not spend the next fiscal quarter fixing bugs?

- PvP is dead...accept it (unless you're willing to do things like nerfing cross-faction consoles),
    - More episodes are good but existing ones require a QA pass badly,
    - Exploration missions seem resource intensive and prone to exploit.
    - More Fleet functionality sounds interesting, perhaps an example or 2?
    - More Foundry functionality so it can be exploited and farmed more efficiently.

Just fixing bugs seems a better allocation of resources and a better bang for the buck.
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • Options
    jasonl21jasonl21 Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    gulberat wrote: »
    ...quite possibly because VOY itself was a disjointed mess...

Ummm, no. It wasn't the best Trek, but it was far from the worse. DR was a mess sure, but that can't be drawn because of Voyager.
  • Options
    x10110100x10110100 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    What I personally want content wise is more easily accessible group content. That for me is what defined STO. Just being able to quickly click a que and play with a random group of people which provided a unique experience each time.

I'd like an option to play all the story missions via a que. It would be awesome if when I clicked "start the mission" it would offer me the option to be placed into a group.

STO has a ton of content already built you should try to find ways to make that more appealing.

Secondly what i've always wanted is all the playable factions to have a zone similar to Bajor. A city with day night cycle maybe weather and a few quests and all the amenities you need like medical, ship selection and repair. Basically, Bajor but themed to each of the races. And working on that it would be awesome if your first 10 levels were a small introduction to what makes your race special.
  • Options
    nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited February 2015
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    No surprise that the one thing you gutted, that left a huge void in the game, a central theme of Star Trek, is currently leading; Exploration. :rolleyes:

Let's not mention the last poll you guys ran. Didn't the Krenim win? Where are they? There is no sign of them in the game.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,078 Community Moderator
    edited February 2015
    rezking wrote: »
    So, I vaguely remember the LAST poll...something about the Krenim :P

Considering the Krenim were mentioned in Dust to Dust... I think they be comin'...
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    trinitycompletedtrinitycompleted Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'm not sure I should vote. I can think of a lot of things I want before wanting those five.
    Don't phaze me, bro!
  • Options
    waldotrekwaldotrek Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    This poll is excellent and I thank them for putting it up.
    Former Moderator 10-28-16
  • Options
    tiberius7picardtiberius7picard Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I voted for Exploration Missions, as they are the core of Star Trek, but there's something else I have been waiting for since the Legacy of Romulus Expansion:

playable Suliban.

The assets were created to make the Suliban Cell ship trader. In one of the early missions in the Romulan storyline, before choosing an ally, the player rescues a cell ship space station from the Tal Shiar. I just assumed a Suliban bridge officer (at the very least) would be a reward at some point. It would be even easier to add them now. To create their shapechanging ability, just give them a combination of the Harmless and Feign Disintegration intelligence abilities and transform their appearance to match the enemy's. I admit this wouldn't work for Tholians, but I've had my fingers crossed for almost two years! Please, let me uncross them! (They're cramping and it hurts.)

Summary: playable Suliban as a new race in the Romulan faction or Suliban bridge officers. The Suliban are clearly experiencing the same troubles as the Romulans and Remans. It makes sense to add another species of refugees to the Romulan Republic. Strength in numbers!
    Lifetime Subscriber since October 31st, 2014
    Star Trek Online Captain since September, 2012
  • Options
    reinawattreinawatt Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Exploration, vastly improved, would be great and more episodes. Also improved game stability and less spam bots would be great.

With the exploration don't just make it going to other planets and such, but also exploration of who we are, much like true Star Trek. Giving open ended exploration of our characters and character development chances for our bridge officers and playable character, with all of that helping to add more depth to the story missions since so few have the capability to role play.

Improved game stability though would be lovely.
  • Options
    john98837john98837 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    You seem to have forgotten making more Elite Queues. ISE, CSE, KSE, IGE, CGE, KGE.........
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    jasonl21 wrote: »
    Ummm, no. It wasn't the best Trek, but it was far from the worse. DR was a mess sure, but that can't be drawn because of Voyager.

I do think it was a contributing factor. For a much better, in-depth explanation of my reasoning, see the review in my sig. (Just remember if you reply to it, to do so in a new thread linking to the first so you don't get in trouble for a necro post and get my thread locked. ;) )

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    suuperduudesuuperduude Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    More foundry. Some of the fan stories are incredible and it will keep people in game between content. Also improve the rewards for them.
    --
    Lion Heart of Hammer Squadron
  • Options
    captaintrueheartcaptaintrueheart Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'll be curious how many PvPers mobilize in order to skew the results to make it appear that an overwhelming majority of players favor PvP updates... LOL

If I had to rank my two top most features... Episodes and Exploration would be it.

And I'm saying this NOT just to get incendiary reactions but I really would love additional character customization options... better hair, outfits, etc... While everyone wants bugs fixed and "more things to do" they could work 1000 years and never kill every bug and provide "enough" for some people to do.

Besides, when things break in the game or the grinding gets too ridiculous and I'm going to just hang out and chat with friends I want to look my best! :cool:
    =/\= ================================= =/\=
    Captain Ariel Trueheart Department of Temporal Investigations
    U.S.S. Valkyrie - NCC 991701
    =/\= ================================= =/\=
  • Options
    qkey1qkey1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The two things I like are Exploration and Episodes so I think that will be Imprtant and Bring back NO WIN, that is a big part of Trek....
  • Options
    edna#7310 edna Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'll be curious how many PvPers mobilize in order to skew the results to make it appear that an overwhelming majority of players favor PvP updates... LOL

devs will fake the vote anyway so dont even bother.ITs totally stupid to make a vote about pvp after you made all pvp players leave the game.
  • Options
    tirianganimirtirianganimir Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I would love for there to be a way for us to explore and develop planets. Some way to have a persistant world or set of worlds for players to continue to interact with.

You find a planet, its stays.

Trade missions could open up, diplomacy between planets. Starting a colony that persists.

This would allow for a real sense of making a difference in the STO universe. I know this would be a major undertaking, but some ability to make a difference in the game world would be great.

Player housing would never really be right for trek, but exploring, interacting with, and making a difference in the game world would.

Could be fleet or player specific, requiring an invite to see another players discoveries.
  • Options
    azniadeetazniadeet Member Posts: 1,871 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Of those choices, more fleet business.

Also, more Borg stfs.
  • Options
    deathpanterusdeathpanterus Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Please bring more fleet stuff.
This discussion has been closed.