test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

STO Player Poll! February 12th, 2015

pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
Hailing all Captains, Warriors and Commanders,

It is time for a new STO Player Poll! Please note this Poll will close on Monday, February 16th, 2015 at approx 10AM PDT (what time is this for you?)

Vote here for your top choice listed above, to let us know which of these options you would most like to see developed further in STO.

Feel free to reply to this thread to discuss the options, and why you would like your top choice to win! Who knows, maybe your impassioned reasoning will sway other players who might be on the fence. :)

Please remember that this is a poll to help communicate players wants and desires for new content, to our Development team, and we want to hear from each and every one of you! Make sure to share this poll with your friends and fleetmates, and pass this to other players to participate so we can cover as wide a base of players as possible!

We value your feedback and discussion on these topics, so let's keep this constructive, and focus on future possibilities!

Thanks everyone!

=/\=

~CaptainSmirk
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    It would be nice if we could rank those choices instead of making a single firm choice... In that light, I would rank them:

#1 Exploration (the core of Trek)
    #2 Fleet activities (making them more relevant & involved)
    #3 Foundry (players have good ideas, too)
    #4 Episodes (decades' worth of lore to mine)
    #5 PvP (sorry guys, I've not done this yet)
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013
  • Options
    nepsthennepsthen Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Agreed. I would want PVP balancing before more Queues first anyway.
    DxDiag64 dump 19Feb2016: http://pastebin.com/1c0pkEuw
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    edited February 2015
    I'm torn between Exploration (Which would give us more options for leveling besides patrols) and Episodes because of the quality we've been seeing since at least the 2800 Feature Series.

But either I'm looking in the wrong place to vote or I'm totally locked out of being ABLE to vote for some reason...
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    dgdolphdgdolph Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    nepsthen wrote: »
    I would want PVP balancing before more Queues first anyway.

More or new PvP Queues are pointless atm since PvP is totaly broken and unbalanced. Give us balance and bug fixes first, then go for more queues. Also, don't forget about leaderboards and matchmaking ;)

More PvP Queues - pointless atm

More Episodes - hell no, pls not more "one time" content

Exploration Missions - don't care

More Fleet Functionality - nope, ty

More Foundry Functionality - don't care aswell
  • Options
    eltatuseltatus Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    dgdolph wrote: »
    More or new PvP Queues are pointless atm since PvP is totaly broken and unbalanced. Give us balance and bug fixes first, then go for more queues. Also, don't forget about leaderboards and matchmaking ;)

Also true.. but cryptic knows this, so like I said, well play cryptic.. well done.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    spencerb96spencerb96 Member Posts: 243 Media Corps
    edited February 2015
    I'm voting for PvP, but more PvP Queues is not exactly what we need. We need a balance pass in PvP. The game has great potential there, and quite a few still seem interested, but the current state of the game where anyone can be killed in seconds or locked out of doing anything for 10+ seconds scares many away.
    ffluoti63bi9.png
  • Options
    woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Bugfixes....
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    eltatus wrote: »
    Also true.. but cryptic knows this, so like I said, well play cryptic.. well done.

But you got placed at the top of the candidate list. That will have to garner some votes - well if there are any votes.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    castsbugccastsbugc Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    well since it says I cant vote I dont know.
    if I have to choose an order of importance, its:

More Foundry Functionality
    Exploration Missions
    More Episodes
    More Fleet Functionality
    More PvP Queues

if i have to choose only 1, then I would actually choose exploration missions as my primary
  • Options
    zaligazaliga Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    We dont want new content, cuz everything you release breaks everything, how about you fix the current game before you break it even more.
  • Options
    pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    VB is as awesome as always :) Hang tight! Let me crawl in the Jeffries Tube
  • Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    :eek::eek::eek: Holy new Executive Producer, Batman!!

Anyway, may choice is

1 - Exploration

With exploration I mean real regular NON-combat missions.

I am not the "fly there - scan this - shoot 3 enemy ships - scan again - fly to the next stop - scan - shoot - scan - fly..." type of guy.

Personally, I would love to have mission where I need to fly to a nebula, scan it and take samples, fly to a science outpost, help with the research, etc.

I made a post some time ago, where I said that I would love to do all those mini Doff-Missions by my own. Bring support troops to a planet, help evacuate a colony, fly cargo to an outpost,..
  • Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'm unsure what exploration missions are supposed to be, we had those, they were horrible and got deleted.... :o
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    1 exploration. By this I mean "missions that ARE story driven AREN'T about combat and don't have bosses". Mine trap is a good example, it is my favorite content in the game. The mission to help the romulans colony with the genetically engineered reman plague, another good one. Saturdays child, which you removed, another excellent one (has a boss but he's wimpy and flees).

2 foundry

3 story missions

The others, meh. Don't care if they get fixed or not, would prefer PvP was just removed from this game and given its own spin off game where it can get the attention it deserves and needs. It is clear it won't get that here and it is just becoming an increasingly sore source of friction and hostility.

Also, please thank salami for the new poll. I just heard it in the podcast and am glad to see he acted on it so fast. He is off to a good start bridging the gap between community and devs that grew the past two years between this and his fast first post, etc. Hope this keeps up!
  • Options
    stuart1965stuart1965 Member Posts: 691 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Open up the gamma quadrant.
    Allow use of new found borg apertures.
    Put those command ships back on the drawing board.
    Cardassian and dominion playable factions.
    Bigger better more valueable rewards.
    Do something about the dead queues.
    Story content from startrek new worlds.
  • Options
    dgdolphdgdolph Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    eltatus wrote: »

Yeah, they know PvP is broken so they ask if they should do some new queues cuz everyone will say NO TY!

Afterwards cryptic can state that they offered new PvP content but it wasn't wanted...

Cryptic, you know exactly what PvP needs!!! Don't make up silly polls like this pls
  • Options
    razar2380razar2380 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Is there anyway to have fixes to the DR expansion added in there? If so, I am sure it will be the highest voted on.
    Leader of Elite Guardian Academy.Would you like to learn how to run a fleet? Would you like to know how to do ship builds (true budget as well as high end)?The join the Academy today!
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    VB is as awesome as always :) Hang tight! Let me crawl in the Jeffries Tube

*braces for impact* hanging as tight as I can!
  • Options
    pennylongpennylong Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Wouldn't it be better for you to send out an email questionaire rather than rely on what has been called the "minority" of players to decide the fate of the game?

If you want player's opinions that would be the best way to do it.
  • Options
    schnirselschnirsel Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    As a former PVP enthusiast I gotta say I do not want to see new queues. They are simply (not yet) needed. I think it would be much more important to balance the stuff we have.

Most importantly:

Intel abilities (surgical strikes for example, 100k raw damage crits from DHC's speaks volumes)
    Traits (whether for ships or character specific ones. There is just too much and they are doing too much)
    Systems: There need to be hard caps or something like that on certain things. Stacking Partigens to unholy numbers is one of the many problems.

Basically... much would have to change. PVP in it's current state isn't playable anymore. It's either vape or be vaped.
    So new queues wouldn't change anything. To fix that mess you guys would have to dedicate at least 6 months of development entirely for balance passes. I'm aware that this isn't feasible... so please... no... just remove this poll option of "PVP queues". It's not what this game needs. It's not even what most PVPers would want.
    I mean it should be a clear sign to you, that the latest attempt to create a PVP Tournament failed, because there is just not enough people left willing to play.

So much for that... signing off...
    6pvmjHk.gif
  • Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The constructive feedback really works well...

This is the first time since years that we can influence in some kind the next happenings in the game, and our usual conspiracy-doom-everything is bad guys are ranting around.
  • Options
    omegagloryomegaglory Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Exploration.

BUT...since it's not on the list, optional Open PvP.

Oh and, more NPC attacks on bases. Whenever devs trigger those, it's a blast.
  • Options
    tucana66tucana66 Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    qjunior wrote: »
    I'm unsure what exploration missions are supposed to be, we had those, they were horrible and got deleted.... :o
    True, they needed a LOT of work. But at least we had them... and Star Trek is all about exploration.

But a lot of work is needed for PvP. And we have no clue what a revamp/reworking of PvP would be.

With that said, while I dearly wish Exploration would get Dev focus, my vote goes to:

PvP

The PvP community has waited far too long to get proper attention. Make it so, Cryptic!

On a final note, I REALLY hope Cryptic is willing to solicit the STO community on the official forums about WHAT the winning item should be. For example: If it's Foundry, I think community members want some input, etc.
  • Options
    eltatuseltatus Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    dgdolph wrote: »
    Yeah, they know PvP is broken so they ask if they should do some new queues cuz everyone will say NO TY!

Afterwards cryptic can state that they offered new PvP content but it wasn't wanted...

Cryptic, you know exactly what PvP needs!!! Don't make up silly polls like this pls

Yes, like I said, they are smart. From one side they insult the PVP community (Geko and Borticus), they destroy the PVP gameplay and most of the PVP players leave.

But from the other side, this make this poll and put the broken and forgoten PVP side by side with PVE mission and exploration.. well play cryptic, really smart but a bit obvious.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    hanssolonhanssolon Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I would like Episodes where you don't have to grind unnecessarily to get to the next part of the story. Exploration would be great and to include some story with it.
  • Options
    miriclemaxmiriclemax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Well my vote is;

#1 More Exploration
    #2 More Episodes
    #3 More Fleet Functionality
    #4 More PvP Ques
    #5 More Foundry Funtionality

Sorry the first three seem more important to overall game play. PvP I view as being more worthwhile than the foundry so the foundry is dead last IMHO.
    Originally Posted by rosetyler51 August 14, 2014
    First rule of STO: Avoid PVP or Drozana.
  • Options
    chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    No "do something with the kdf" option.
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • Options
    sinn74sinn74 Member Posts: 1,149 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    *Define "Fleet functionality."

More options for lower tiered fleets? More tiers added? Increased fleet gear? I assume Additional t5+ stuff, so, no.

*Foundry Functionality- This wouldn't affect me, so, no.

*Exploration missions- Maybe. MAYBE. If done well. Nothing like the grindtastic patrol nonsense. Also- how would that make sense for non-Feds?

*Episodes- the safe choice. Usually done well. Probably my vote.

*PvP- broken beyond consideration. No, thank you.
  • Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Probably smirk testing it... Guess we know what he wants.

It keeps changing, maybe he is hitting the keys randomly again..... :D
  • Options
    ukcaptain420ukcaptain420 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Where's is the option for:

Less spewing out of (broken, more of them same regurgitated) content and more dedicated bug squashing.
    SCM - Infected(S) - DMG Out: 11,776,567 DPS: 114,224.70 (28.7% of Team) - Pinky@ukcaptain420
    I reserve the right to have a completely different standpoint depending on my mood.
This discussion has been closed.