test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

STO Player Poll! February 12th, 2015

Comments

• pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    pennylong wrote: »
    Wouldn't it be better for you to send out an email questionaire rather than rely on what has been called the "minority" of players to decide the fate of the game?

If you want player's opinions that would be the best way to do it.

This is specifically to give the forums a chance to shine!

Show us what you got forum folks!
  • jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Torn between more episodes & exploration. Would love both. :D
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    are posts getting deleted? my response used to be on page 8, not 6
  • gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Bugfixes.

Un-nerfing of rewards

Un-timegating

After that, #4 is the Foundry, and everything else in the order this person had it. For the purposes of the poll I have voted for the Foundry, but know that the three things above are far and away more important to me than any of your poll choices.
    castsbugc wrote: »
    well since it says I cant vote I dont know.
    if I have to choose an order of importance, its:

More Foundry Functionality
    Exploration Missions
    More Episodes
    More Fleet Functionality
    More PvP Queues

if i have to choose only 1, then I would actually choose exploration missions as my primary

Also, please don't make any systems a new trap to further crunch the dil, EC, or time of players or introduce things that will cause major bugs if there is not the QA and acceptance of user feedback on Tribble to actually make it worthwhile.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
    edited February 2015
    otowi wrote: »
    The voting will activate next Tuesday :D

LoL you win the forum today!
  • prometheusnxprometheusnx Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    rattler2 wrote: »
    ...every time I've done PvP in an MMO... I've always had a bad experience...

WoW: Chain grabbed by 2 Death Knights and killed without a chance.
    STO: vaped, stun chain kill, vaped, vaped, vaped... had a decent duel with a Neg'var... vaped, vaped, chased a Romulan but couldn't keep up, vaped...

Yeah the PvP in this game is broken beyond repair. Possibly best to take it out completely for a full revamp. But how long would that take?

From the list, exploration. But please more meaningful and varied explorations than the old Gensis system provided.
  • ffttfftt Member Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    From least desirable to most desirable from my standpoint...

PVP queues - not something I'd plan on ventenuring into again after attempting a few PUGs quite a while back.

Foundary functionality - nice. Assuming this means better tools for any authors this couldn't be a bad thing. Not something I would partake of though.

Fleet functionality - again nice. Although I'm unclear as to this meaning more fleet management tools or more fleet holdings. Regardless, my personal fleet will take months (closer to years) to gather resources for a respectable placement already and what's to manage with just two members? The other fleet I'm part of... Well it's pretty much dead Jim.

So the toppers are more episodes & exploration missions. If the episodes could come out at the rate when the featured series first came out with four series a year that would be absolutely awesome. The thing is though - everything in STO is either a story mission that is spoon fed to us (in the vernacular I believe the term is 'theme park') or replaying (and replaying, replaying, replaying...) the same queues over and over (and over, and over...). Some 'sandbox' would be a nice change of pace.

So Episodes is a close runner up but my winner:

Exploration Missions.
  • x3of9x3of9 Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    A vote for Foundry features is a vote for exploration and general missions!

Thanks to the new Top 3 feature, every foundry mission has the potential to be an amazing new adventure. Crowd-sourced mission creation is the only way to truly fill our galaxy with adventure and discovery. The more freedom they give to Foundry authors, the better the missions available will be.

Eventually, they could expand the new Quadrant Maps to include dozens of Foundry-exclusive doorways full of wonder.

That's my two slips of Latinum, at least.
    U.S.S. Marathon - NX-92781
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I would vote for better science abilities, bug fixes, and with science bop revamping to make them fun again. These other choices aren't even on my radar to vote on lol.
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Thank you for making this, Smirk.

I hope this will lead to bringing back the exploration segment in STO, one of the most important elements of Star Trek.
    HQroeLu.jpg
    edited February 2015
    I agree... when we getting the newer version if VB???

:-)

LoL not soon enough for me :)

VB is the best forum software ever, and the employees love it!
  • shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'm not big into the Foundry and I don't like PvP in general so I went with Exploration Missions although my second choice would be More Episodes.

If you really worked on the procedural engine for the exploration missions you might have been able to get something a bit more involved than we got on a regular basis.
    edited February 2015

Ugh, I can only imagine. I have heard the horror stories from other forum admins, enough to know it is a pain in the best of circumstances. With the customizing you guys have done, I can imagine it is only worse for it. :(

Along that vein, please see my note about Bugfixes. I worry that too much tinkering without addressing the underlying problems could...well, go the way the dev tracker goes every time someone makes a tiny DB tweak to the forum.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • smilegcb2#3786 smilegcb2 Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Hello,

For the pool :

The most important things :

- Foundry functionality ! (With edit of interior, and, the editor for the personal bridge in C-store ).

- Exploration, this is the Star Trek ****, this not Call of !

- Story mission, and the system of 1 mission / week.
  • starfish1701starfish1701 Member Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    shpoks wrote: »
    Thank you for making this, Smirk.

I hope this will lead to bringing back the exploration segment in STO, one of the most important elements of Star Trek.

^ This :)

Exploration Missions were seriously underdeveloped, but had so much potential as the most Trek aspect of the game.
  • riccardo171riccardo171 Member Posts: 1,802 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    PvP needs to be first on this poll to get attention. Not second, first. After listening to P1 podcast, I swear it has to be.
  • tiriusavarotiriusavaro Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Ranking the Star... eh, Treks:

1. Exploration Missions
    2. More Episodes
    3. More Fleet Functionality
    4. More Foundry Functionality
    5. More PvP Queues

I put exploration first as I figure it might be worth more replay value than episodes, but those two are a close call and way out in front of the others as far as I'm concerned. Still, Star Trek = Exploration in my book, so I'm really hoping for that.

Fleet functionality... well, my fleet is working on our very last project and then we'll have maxed all our assets, so something new would not go amiss, but I'd rather have new sources for loot than new places to spend it. The other two, I have next to no interest in. I was never a PvP player, and use the foundry only very rarely.

Also: thanx for calling for community input! It is appreciated.
    Vice Admiral Tirius Avara'o | U.S.S. Mistral (Fleet Star Cruiser)
    Vice Admiral Mathrias | U.S.S. Utrecht (Blockade Runner Retrofit)
    Vide Admiral Kyurin | U.S.S. Cairhien (Fleet Dreadnought Cruiser)
    Vice Admiral Kiarl Leftrin | U.S.S. Aegir (Fleet Recon Science Vessel)
    --= Starfleet Strategic Command =--
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    heres a passing thought for those players who use steam statistics, try this one. if the polls were ended now and using this as "proof" from this poll on this forum here, exploration missions has already won the early march with a clear lead over the rest and all some have to do is "claim" victory as a majority turn over. :P
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Hmm, no option for Bugfixes. Those would be most needed.

So I don't know. PVP development should be high on priority lists, but not sure about starting with queues. Exploration would be great and is very much needed for a Star Trek game. Featured episodes are what STO does generally well. So would be nice for them to keep producing more.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,449 Community Moderator
    edited February 2015
    Bugfixes are a given. I mean we generally get some every week, even if its not the exact ones we are asking for since it takes time to track them down.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    why is 'More PvP Queues' italic?
  • sinn74sinn74 Member Posts: 1,149 Arc User
    edited February 2015

Oh no he didn't! :D
  • razorwalkerrazorwalker Member Posts: 160 Media Corps
    edited February 2015
    why is 'More PvP Queues' italic?

It's italic to show what you voted for :)
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I will say thanks to the Community and STO Dev team for putting up a player poll as it's been some time since something like that was done. I voted 'Episodes' myself as I enjoy the story missions.

That said, as others have been doing were I to rank the options:

#1 Episodes
    #2 PVP Queues (Hell, just some real focus on PVP itself would be nice.)
    #3 Exploration
    #4 Fleet activities
    #5 Foundry

VMMV:D
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • captan2er0captan2er0 Member Posts: 837 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    1 exploration. By this I mean "missions that ARE story driven AREN'T about combat and don't have bosses". Mine trap is a good example, it is my favorite content in the game. The mission to help the romulans colony with the genetically engineered reman plague, another good one. Saturdays child, which you removed, another excellent one (has a boss but he's wimpy and flees).

This and the return of the exploration clusters. With a bit on ingenuity, by which I mean not do the same thing more than twice in a single thing and not run here scan this, run here scan that, and kill the baddies, these could be fun. I particular found the remove Tribble infestations KDF side a lot of fun.
    Signature%20Base%203%20copy.png?psid=1
  • ussprometheus79ussprometheus79 Member Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    No point in more PvP queues until PvP itself is fixed, more options, forced layouts etc to create balance.
    If you've come to the forums to complain about the AFK system, it's known to be bugged at the moment.
  • smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Exploration Missions, since this game has lost the "Trek" part of Star Trek.
    EnYn9p9.jpg
    edited February 2015
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Bugfixes are a given. I mean we generally get some every week, even if its not the exact ones we are asking for since it takes time to track them down.

Reactive bugfixes...perhaps, but without any significant effort apparent in QA, it doesn't make it look like this is really happening all that much. Look at how the winter and anniversary events released, and you can see why I worry about pushing content without really hunkering down, bug testing, quality testing, and *paying attention* to player feedback (and might I add NOT telling silver players their feedback doesn't matter by locking them out it Tribble) *before* pushing half-finished, inadequately functioning things out the door just to meet a deadline. Better late and right than "on time" and broken or otherwise destructive to the game experience. "On time and falling apart" is not IMO actually "on time."

• illcadiaillcadia Member Posts: 1,412 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2015

If you actually have a choice in the matter, get Xenforo. It is excellent, there are migration utilities that'll let you move all the user accounts over, it has excellent support, and it's a far, *far* better piece of software than VB.
  • pwefailpwefail Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    bugfixes.bugfixes.bugfixes and oh bugfixes.
    The player formerly known as Chunter.
This discussion has been closed.