Options

Havelock's Tailor and Costume Issues

Comments

• Options
    bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    captaind3 wrote: »
    Thank you for the prompt reply.

A non-feline tail is perfectly fine by me, as long as it's slim. A serpentine tail would be perfectly fine. The look I'm going for is a sort of reptile gazelle hybrid (humanoid of course), The tail would be a counterbalance kind of thing. I don't even want fur. My expansion of that classic Cryptic alien off of that cover of PC gamer.

And of course I can appreciate your budget both temporal and financial. You guys are artists you probably have imaginations crazier than ours are.

NOW, about those Suliban?

I myself kinda wanna see a thin whip like tail for aliens, and maybe a "bladed" option for it too. I am making all my aliens from a species like is kinda resembling demons.
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    bberge1701 wrote: »
    I've seen this sort of behavior a lot in the Tailor. If you're trying to load a type of outfit other than "uniform", it seems to TRIBBLE up and attempt (badly) to load the outfit under the default "uniform" type. If you set the uniform type from the drop down first, it seems to work better. Maybe it's not saving the uniform type correctly when you save an outfit?

Speaking of which, I've noticed a bit of an issue with the Kobali boff. I've got her in the Kobali Armor style uniform, but she reverts to "uniform" whenever I try to edit her. I can fix it by setting the costume type and using the Undo to revert the uniform back, but it doesn't stay "fixed".

The problems I've experienced have all been using uniform type outfits.

For example, last week i decided one of my characters would use the odessey uniform so i set it up on my character and saved it. I then tried to load the outfit only onto my boffs and got the problems i described. Same happened when i tried to switch my romulan's boffs to tal shiar uniforms. In both situations i had to manually create every uniform.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,043 Community Moderator
    edited February 2015
    Caitians have a bit of a problem with renaming outfits still. Even if you use all stock parts, it says the uniform is using incompatable parts or something like that. But then when you tweak one thing, it defaults to the name you wanted to set up in the first place. Even if all you do is change the commbadge.

At least... my female Caitian has this. I don't know if its species wide or not. But it might be.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    callevista wrote: »
    Quick update:

The alternate version of the Intel Uniform that was mentioned (the one without lapels) was not officially released because we deemed it was unfinished. We will look at the schedule again and see if there is time to add it in with the things we intended.

The elbow issue mentioned about the Dyson uniforms will be fixed in a coming update.

I took a look at the Dyson Uniforms and did a few other things like adjust the "backside" of the pants to look a slightly less "prominent." I also adjusted the interior of the jacket a bit to look less thick. Mind you, the shape is the same as before, but the shading and the interior polys have been adjusted.

Oh my God, wow thanks.

I love you and I will give my first child your name.

Thanks to you for taking the time, bet you guys are already drawing the next additions to the game.

By the way, the Dyson Jackets clip with everything added to it. Chest gear, Kit parts, long Hairstyles.
    :D:P:D
  • Options
    trelane87trelane87 Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I've noticed some clipping on the neck on the Talaxian Dress uniform from the Talaxian boff in the lobi store on my Vulcan male character:

http://i.imgur.com/X4oKtWG.png

Looks really bad when my character is moving :(
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    By the way, the Dyson Jackets clip with everything added to it. Chest gear, Kit parts, long Hairstyles.
    :D:P:D

Huh, I had thought the clipping was just the particular kit item I was using.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    gulberat wrote: »
    Huh, I had thought the clipping was just the particular kit item I was using.

Page 99, Post 990: my Storm and Polaris pics. I tried all kit pieces and chest gear stuff on that day.
  • Options
    odstparker#7820 odstparker Member Posts: 466 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Callevista, there are just three things that I'd like to ask, three uniforms that I would absolutely love to have, Since they're all in the game currently, just not available to players, I'd like to ask when or if we're ever getting them:

1. MACO Tactical Armor. The armor set seen on the Caitian Security Team and on some random security guards on starbases. Also, they get black armor with red lights, so... can we?

2. Enterprise Era MACO Uniforms. The camo ones with the baton belt and backpack. Every MACO fan wants these!

3. Vaadwaur uniforms. Not just the officer's coat, but the standard infantry uniforms, the straps and backpacks, the helmets, etc. All of those pieces or certain specific ones would make many tactical captains happy.

Also, if you would, please pass my compliments to the teams that design these uniforms for the game, they've done such an amazing job.
  • Options
    callevistacallevista Member Posts: 237 Cryptic Developer
    edited February 2015
    enoemg wrote: »
    Callevista, there are just three things that I'd like to ask, three uniforms that I would absolutely love to have, Since they're all in the game currently, just not available to players, I'd like to ask when or if we're ever getting them:

1. MACO Tactical Armor. The armor set seen on the Caitian Security Team and on some random security guards on starbases. Also, they get black armor with red lights, so... can we?

2. Enterprise Era MACO Uniforms. The camo ones with the baton belt and backpack. Every MACO fan wants these!

3. Vaadwaur uniforms. Not just the officer's coat, but the standard infantry uniforms, the straps and backpacks, the helmets, etc. All of those pieces or certain specific ones would make many tactical captains happy.

Also, if you would, please pass my compliments to the teams that design these uniforms for the game, they've done such an amazing job.

I will have to investigate the other issues you mentioned about the MACO Tactical Armor that the Caitian security team is wearing, and the Vaadwaur Uniforms...

Regarding the Enterprise Maco Uniforms - can't address as to why we haven't released it. It's really a subject for our Design dept to address. But we do want to use it of course, and we know it's a very popular item. We just have to wait for approval to release it.
  • Options
    callevistacallevista Member Posts: 237 Cryptic Developer
    edited February 2015
    I suspect that skirt doesn't exist as a costume asset only in artwork, however I would love to be proven wrong! :cool:

So just to get back to you, the skirt depicted in the screenshot of the Fed Romulan does not actually exist. It was planned on at one point, but had to get cut due to time constraints (other things took priority at the time).
  • Options
    bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    So just to get back to you, the skirt depicted in the screenshot of the Fed Romulan does not actually exist. It was planned on at one point, but had to get cut due to time constraints (other things took priority at the time).

Any chance it may eventually happen?
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2015
    These Hirogen and Jem Hadar costume options are still unavailable. Along with a bunch of Koboli and Vaadwaar pieces, that I may get round to displaying soonish.

Hirogen

1) Rebreather
    2) Open Helmet
    3) Large collar
    4) Shoulder pad
    5) Shoulder pad
    6) Upper arm armour
    7) Complete armour

Jem'Hadar

1) Some shoulder pieces
    2) Zipper
    3) Grenade Pouch
    4) Leg Pouch
    5) Upper arm armour
    6) Wrist Computer (a nice piece for everyone ;))
    7) Breen Boots
    8) Dominion Boots
    Not shown: The tunic with different shoulder points (compare the BOFF with the costume).
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Regarding the Caitian and Ferasan ears - These were not meant to have been in the normal "Feline Head" category, and thus should have only been in the "Hats and Hoods" category. The intention was that when you put on a hood, or a hat, that the ears would be sufficiently tucked back so that they wouldn't clip through the hat (or hood) that could be worn. There will be a change that makes the Tucked ears available only in the Hats and Hoods category. Ideally, you should never see the tucked ears, but when you do - it's because the hat or hood you have on exposes the ears in some fashion.

Aww, thought this would have been a normal ear option. Should have known it was too good to be true lol.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    I will have to investigate the other issues you mentioned about the MACO Tactical Armor that the Caitian security team is wearing, and the Vaadwaur Uniforms...

Regarding the Enterprise Maco Uniforms - can't address as to why we haven't released it. It's really a subject for our Design dept to address. But we do want to use it of course, and we know it's a very popular item. We just have to wait for approval to release it.

Thanks! I'm patient, but I just want to find out if we'll ever get them at all. I'd hate to see those great sets be NPC exclusive.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    artan42 wrote: »
    These Hirogen and Jem Hadar costume options are still unavailable. Along with a bunch of Koboli and Vaadwaar pieces, that I may get round to displaying soonish.

These would be fantastic additions too, releasing various NPC exclusive pieces to existing uniforms would be a great improvement to the tailor.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Makes me wonder what other unreleased treasures or uniform prototypes are hidden deep deeeeep down on the pcs of our beloved artists. :D

Callevists, thanks for listening to our wishes and problems, and thanks for trying to fulfill and solve them as much as it is possible in your team's workschedule.

I know you can't satisfy everyone 'cause you have to follow your guidelines.

By the way, yesterday I filled a bug ticked about the Intel Belt when I saw 4 color slots but only one worked and it changed the whole belt in one color. I realised later that the belt is one color for all according to the promo pics.

Was that intended? I wanted to change the display color only, and have the other belt parts dark.
  • Options
    zaalbarzaalbar Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited February 2015

While on the topic of alternate Omega rep outfits can you look into the alternate Omega Force and Honor Guard options? Each of the three sets has two full costume variants that are not available to players in any way but are available as Foundry assets. Parts of the Omega Reaper variant in particular would look awesome on my tactical captain.
  • Options
    lostusthornlostusthorn Member Posts: 844
    edited February 2015
    The furry tail options are meant for Catian, and Ferasan. At this point and time, there are no plans to add them to Aliengen. The reason is, we felt that the furry tails are very unique to Feline characters, and therefore we wanted to keep it for them exclusively. That's not to say we couldn't add "non-feline" tails of course. But there are a lot of other things we'd like to add - just a matter of budgeting the time we have.

How about this to make it worthwhile for you folks.

Make a species surgery package or what you want to cal it. Entailing parts useable by all races that allows to add tails, ridges, ears, eyes, whatever to their character.

Oh and i still would love to have the fingernails of the Ravagers available for players and there also for all races.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    zaalbar wrote: »
    While on the topic of alternate Omega rep outfits can you look into the alternate Omega Force and Honor Guard options? Each of the three sets has two full costume variants that are not available to players in any way but are available as Foundry assets. Parts of the Omega Reaper variant in particular would look awesome on my tactical captain.

I almost forgot about those, sorry I didn't include that. The Omega Reaper and Omega Quietus sets are seen in some places on Tribble (they were in the foundry last time I checked) along with a new Honor Guard set, can't remember the name.
  • Options
    dragongod17dragongod17 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I would like to thank you and the teams as well on all the updates, fixes, and new costume and character options in the tailor.

If I may ask, are there any plans to add in the body presets to the character creator/tailor in the future? There were some body presets available in the old creator/tailor back when the game went free to play. Those presets became nonfunctional at some point between then and the creator/tailor revamp.

Also, if you are allowed to reveal the info, are the Romulan uniforms from Star Trek Nemesis going to be available in the C-Store in the future?

Thank you for your time and have a great day.
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    bloodyriz wrote: »
    I myself kinda wanna see a thin whip like tail for aliens, and maybe a "bladed" option for it too. I am making all my aliens from a species like is kinda resembling demons.

Ohhhh, I like the way you think :D
    I would like to thank you and the teams as well on all the updates, fixes, and new costume and character options in the tailor.
    Absolutely.

Thank you guys.
    If I may ask, are there any plans to add in the body presets to the character creator/tailor in the future? There were some body presets available in the old creator/tailor back when the game went free to play. Those presets became nonfunctional at some point between then and the creator/tailor revamp.
    I'd love to see that myself.
    Also, if you are allowed to reveal the info, are the Romulan uniforms from Star Trek Nemesis going to be available in the C-Store in the future?

Thank you for your time and have a great day.
    Definitely. Those babies would sell like hotcakes. I do like the design lineage that you guys showed with the base Romulan Republic uniforms though.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    llywarchllywarch Member Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Are those old presets the old stances? I so miss the old Kirk swagger one arm and a lean.
  • Options
    dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Noticed there are still shoulder clipping issues with the Enterprise mirror jacket on female characters. They're now only visible in the aiming and crouching poses, though, so it's much better than before. The TOS mirror top has similar clipping in the same poses.

Also, the gap between the top and skirt models on the TOS Romulan uniform hasn't been addressed:

Screencap

The problem is with the top, not the skirt. It goes away if you use a different top.
  • Options
    dragongod17dragongod17 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The old presets were just preconfigured body proportions that were options to choose from besides the default body proportions. Most species had about 4-6 presets for male and female characters. Think of them like the current head presets that are in the column to the left of the character model in the tailor. Just some premade options for the players that don't want to tinker with the advanced sliders.
  • Options
    gendou#6914 gendou Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    captaind3 wrote: »
    NOW, about those Suliban?
    Yes, about those Suliban... :D
  • Options
    veronwthevashveronwthevash Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I've noticed that the Vaadwaur half mask is available for use on the Delta Alliance Armor. I was wondering if it would be possible to have the entire helmet unlocked for use with the set? It would certainly add to the nice completed armor look for it, since there won't be any proper set helmet released (I'm assuming).

Also, the half mask on gorn seem to clip no matter what adjustments you make to the head itself, either the nose pokes through or the cheeks do.
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    ...We did not allow the Kobali Soldier boots on the Off-Duty Robes category because it would potentially clip through other existing Robes. I'll look at these again, we maybe able to get the less-bulky Kobali Soldier 1 boots to work with the existing Robes. But the Kobali Soldier 2 Boots certainly will not work with the Off-Duty Robes.

Callevista, you rock!!!

I just checked the Tailor and you've added the Kobali Soldier boots, not just 1 but also 2 to work with Robes in Off Duty.

Woot!

I thought it funny that the Release Notes said they were removed when they weren't there to begin with... I figured that must have got misworded, so I checked. Sure 'nuf, the boots were ADDED!

I had already switch to the Kobali Armor slot to wear the robe with Kobali boots, but this is just cool for other purposes, too. THANKS!!!

:D

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    captainkenny1captainkenny1 Member Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I don't know if this has been said already but can we have more face customization for ferengis, we still can't create old ferengis, or change ear size.
    Maybe some teeth alterations as well since there are ferengis with some extruding teeth.
  • Options
    mrspidey2mrspidey2 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Regarding KHG costumes.. and Klingons costumes in general. One of our character artists is finishing the first phase of a Klingon Revamp. This is basic adjusting of default Klingon body proportions. After that, when we get more time, he will go more in-depth and tackle deeper issues such as bugs, clipping, etc. We will post more information soon.

So this is actually being worked on now? Well, that's finally some progress. Thank you.
    2bnb7apx.jpg