test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Omega Mini-Game Bugs Reporting Thread

Comments

• briank22briank22 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    On my Federation character, I can't get the Omega Molecule Stabilization mini-game to credit me for completion when running through it outside ESD (Space). I've attempted several times. My score has been between 500, 550, and even 600 points. Other times, after starting the mini-game, it jumps to only 10 seconds left, or even complete instead of a full amount of time.

It says it's giving me a Red Omega Trace R&D, which shows plenty of in my Inventory now, but that doesn't count toward completion of the Daily mission to turn in to Q and get the 40 Qmendations.

-=Axiom
  • rdarmandrdarmand Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Similar to the previous poster, I found today that the task to collect Omega Particles at Earth Space Dock (space) is not clearing the task, so I am unable to complete the daily Q mission.

Update: I was told that one of the Omega particles at the Starfleet Academy would clear the task - one near the wall and fence by golden gate bridge. I was able to clear the task at this location.
  • ladymyajhaladymyajha Member Posts: 1,427 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    rdarmand wrote: »
    Similar to the previous poster, I found today that the task to collect Omega Particles at Earth Space Dock (space) is not clearing the task, so I am unable to complete the daily Q mission.

Update: I was told that one of the Omega particles at the Starfleet Academy would clear the task - one near the wall and fence by golden gate bridge. I was able to clear the task at this location.

I have the same problem with ESD not working and allowing me to finish the quest.

On a side not I want to thank you Cryptic for taking the time to fix this in a timely manner so that people can... oh I don't know... get their Q marks... the fact that you take this seriously after just short of a week and come up with a solution really makes a difference.
  • spc1spc1 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    i have the same problem, Earth Space Dock Space is not working.
    Can't progress so i am stuck.

:eek:
  • l3zl13l3zl13 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    tk79 wrote: »
    I've been getting INFINITE timers in the middle of a Omega minigame.

Got a few times during the past day. It's random.

In the middle of a game, all molecules suddenly disappear, the timer that is about to zero becomes something insane like 1 day remaining. Then I have to manually close the window. No reward is given.

I had similar, but i think it was caused by accidentally starting 2 minigames the same time. (Scanned another omega molecule while the first minigame was starting.)
  • pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Please check out the Patch notes for this week for the info on the fix incoming for the Omega Daily mission bugs.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9066063-release-notes%3A-february-5th%2C-2015

We hope this resolves this issue for everyone, and just remember to reacquire the mission and change your maps!

Thank you for your patience, and we hope you enjoy the Anniversary event!

~CaptainSmirk
  • arabaturarabatur Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Please check out the Patch notes for this week for the info on the fix incoming for the Omega Daily mission bugs.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9066063-release-notes%3A-february-5th%2C-2015

We hope this resolves this issue for everyone, and just remember to reacquire the mission and change your maps!

Thank you for your patience, and we hope you enjoy the Anniversary event!

~CaptainSmirk

There is no fix listed for the missing particle at the Dilithium Mining Asteroid(Ground). I can only assume this is intentional, as submitting tickets does not appear to get this flagged. Another daily on multiple characters failed :(
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • smeeinn1tsmeeinn1t Member Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    arabatur wrote: »
    There is no fix listed for the missing particle at the Dilithium Mining Asteroid(Ground). I can only assume this is intentional, as submitting tickets does not appear to get this flagged. Another daily on multiple characters failed :(

Not had any problem with this one, there are 2 that I saw inside the Ferengi ship, there are non outside the airlock.
    V9BQ6SM.gif
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." — Lazarus Long --->Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • kazemunashiikazemunashii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    smeeinn1t wrote: »
    Not had any problem with this one, there are 2 that I saw inside the Ferengi ship, there are non outside the airlock.

when i went there i had the same problem.....until i went back in the airlock.....when you beam in to the vlugta airlock turn around to face the back wall, there be some boxes and for me at least, it was hiding behind those boxes. try looking around inside the airlock. worked for me.
  • seifer1701seifer1701 Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    So far in my experience the auto-fail bug for scanning has gotten worse. Tried Drozana orbit, K7 orbit, and esd orbit just now. With the (seemingly?) reduced locations it now takes longer to find an start a scan, plus i'm auto failing so often it's near impossible (in my game) to complete a scan for a high score. All this morning up to 1 minute before maintenance i was banging out 2600 scores even in highly populated zones like ESD. This last scan just bugged so bad it did not close, there was over 1 hour left on the game timer and i had to hit the "X" to close it.

(In zone i was pretty familiar with scanning it at least seems like there's less of a concentration of scan points. Before patch I could hang in one spot in space and had access to several scan points)
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    edited February 2015
    only cryptic can 1/2 fix a broken thing and call it solved in patch notes....

ESD space now sorta works... if your starship gets fresh with the ESD and you scan one of those...
    edited February 2015
    Just reread particle scan notes in update, doesn't mention any change to setting quantity in R&D system when making silver/shard/fragments, But so far am unable to set higher than a single shard when I have enough silvers to make more than 1 at a time.

AkA: unable to change quantity to produce from 1 at a time. I can open the option to set 5, but it stays at a single Shard, and time to finish still says just 1 hour.
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    It seems impossible to have anything else than slivers/traces. The blue and purple craft item doesn't seems to drop from the minigame anymore.

I made about 20slivers, a lot of traces, and no blue/purples. With score from 2K to 2600.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2015
    Deleted by myself, misread previous post
  • tarastheslayertarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2015
    The omega molecule missions now seem to have a 0% success chance and can only be done one at a time, I'm hoping this is a bug but considering today's other news.....
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I don't know if this was intended, but doing Omega R&D to make slivers, shards and fragments is no longer allowing batches. Really not cool!
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Since today's patch I'm hardly ever able to complete a full mini-game without it being aborted. This is getting REALLY annoying.
  • farseflarpsfarseflarps Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    It now actually appears completely broken to me. Comes up with multiple rewards on the minigame instead of just one, but taking items doesn't increase the amount I possess.
  • jymowardjymoward Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Your patch notes said it did. But it did not.

Sol system will not allow completion when a particle is stabilized.

Like usual. Like it was before the patch.

It's not fixed.
  • lhoygowlhoygow Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    It now actually appears completely broken to me. Comes up with multiple rewards on the minigame instead of just one, but taking items doesn't increase the amount I possess.

particles are no longer automatically put in your R&D inventory like pre-patch, you'll find your traces/slivers/etc in your main inventory now when you collect them from the mini-game.
    edited February 2015
    erei1 wrote: »
    It seems impossible to have anything else than slivers/traces. The blue and purple craft item doesn't seems to drop from the minigame anymore.

I made about 20slivers, a lot of traces, and no blue/purples. With score from 2K to 2600.

Post today's patch, after approximately 25 scans with a score of 2300 or more, I had two award a shard/sliver/3 traces, the rest only awarded a sliver/3 traces. So not completely gone, but it does seem the percentage chance for shards/fragments has been drastically reduced.
  • swatopswatop Member Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    lhoygow wrote: »
    Post today's patch, after approximately 25 scans with a score of 2300 or more, I had two award a shard/sliver/3 traces, the rest only awarded a sliver/3 traces. So not completely gone, but it does seem the percentage chance for shards/fragments has been drastically reduced.

so its no bug... they just nerfed it and told us lies
  • darthpetersendarthpetersen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    particles are no longer automatically put in your R&D inventory like pre-patch, you'll find your traces/slivers/etc in your main inventory now when you collect them from the mini-game.

This. Also the game aborts very often. The lag in the game is also still there. The particles make a big jump so i cannot catch all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2015
    jymoward wrote: »

It's not fixed.

It worked for me, scanned one that was close to the starbase, it may be that only a select few actually count towards the daily...which is similar to pre-patch, where you could go to the Academy to complete Sol space, but there were only 2 places that actually would work for that.
  • racerexiaracerexia Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Remove Sol System Space (Around ESD) from the list of places, its not completing and droping the missionis not changing the places. Been trying for days to either get a compleion or have the places I need to go change.Your incompetence is astounding.
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2015

They nerfed the rare/vr drop rate to hell.

Pre patch:
    1 hour = 9 rare and maybe 2 VRs (4 VRs if the RNG smiled on me)

Post patch:
    1 hour = 2 rares

Everything fun in this post DR game must be nerfed to oblivion while everything NOT fun (intel OP abilities) must remain as-is.
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    lucho80 wrote: »

Pre patch:

Post patch:
    1 hour = 2 rares

Everything fun in this post DR game must be nerfed to oblivion while everything NOT fun (intel OP abilities) must remain as-is.

Lucky you. I've been playing the mini-game for 90 minutes now and got 1 rare out of it.
    edited February 2015
    lucho80 wrote: »

Pre patch:

Post patch:
    1 hour = 2 rares

Very close to what I was getting pre-patch. I did my omega farming in Crack in the Mirror, since the bugs related to the mini-game were practically nil in there, so of course they had to nerf that out of existence as well, dagnabit!

Additionally, I am also now unable to select a quantity greater than ONE for crafting the different Omega pieces.
  • tradiktradik Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    jymoward wrote: »

It's not fixed.

I thought as much as well, but then I tried different locations around ESD-space. For me, it finally triggered completion when I hit a particle over by the construction yard(s).

Basically, not all particles in ESD/Sol Space count towards the daily completion. You need to cruise around to different areas and try different particles.

Fixed. Sorta. ish.
    Par for the course.
  • emplehodemplehod Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Made a new thread before seeing this one, so sorry, but I'll review:

I was given an Omega mission to DS9 which is impossible for me to go to. I am a Romulan allied with KDF and I can't go through Fed space even with diplomatic immunity.

This is no major thing for me because I'll just wait until I can go there, but I think the reason this occurred was the double-xp event where my toon got to 27 while still on level 13 missions.