test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Omega Mini-Game Bugs Reporting Thread

pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
edited February 2015 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Please reply here with any bugs or concerns found after the launch of the new Omega Mini-Game System on 1/29 on the Holodeck Server.

Please only report bugs or problems here so we can keep the thread focused on Fixes, not on opinions of why individual users are unhappy with the system. We value feedback and want our players to be happy and enjoy our product, but for the sake of fixing current issues, we want to keep this a technical thread.

Any discussions about new systems should be direct to the General Discussion Sub-forum.

Thanks everyone, and please be patient as our Dev team is working on fixes to the current problems experienced after our launch today.

As part of our effort to fix any issues you are having with Omega Particles, we will be applying a reset fix on social maps. You may experience issues temporarily with the following maps

ESD
Qo’nos
K7
Vulcan Ground
Vulcan System
Rura Penthe
Drozana Station
Drozana System
Starfleet Academy
Klingon Academy
Ganalda
Starbase 39

~CaptainSmirk
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    edited January 2015
    I am having the same problems most everyone else is having:

1. The game does not record a score.
    2. I thought I completed one run, but the game did not issue a reward, or count for the daily mission.
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
  • betayuyabetayuya Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The Ganalda particles sometimes don't add in the minigame, and are not getting collected when completed toward the mission.

Edit: (the ground area) this mission did complete upon starting the minigame and it gave the mission complete and the game ended before beginning.
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited January 2015
    We are aware of a potential issue with multiple people interacting with the Omega nodes. This is being looked into and we will have more information as we track it down and make a fix (if necessary).

Pretty sure it more than a Potential Issue

*Notice the lack of score even though it lights up when you grabbed a molecule. it appears after numerous trys that if anyone else ques the interact at anytime it fails.

Its bad enough we have to run all over the social zones [ think it is 4-5 separate maps] looking for a random spawning particle and then it doesn't even give a score and you can't use that particle to try again. Hmmm seems like a Fail to me.

PS whoever thought all those map transitions was a fun time needs to re-evaluate as its not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ukcaptain420ukcaptain420 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    CaptainSmirk

You slept mini wrong in the title
    SCM - Infected(S) - DMG Out: 11,776,567 DPS: 114,224.70 (28.7% of Team) - Pinky@ukcaptain420
    I reserve the right to have a completely different standpoint depending on my mood.
  • swatopswatop Member Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    do you guys actually test anything before you release it?
  • pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Adding thread.

Omega Molecule Stabilization Bug Report TEAM INVESTIGATING

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1359241
    edited January 2015
    Adding Thread

The new Omega Molecule Mini-Game doesn't seem to work correctly (Scoring fails)

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=21970661&posted=1#post21970661
    edited January 2015
    You slept mini wrong in the title

You spelt spelt wrong.
  • cruzistcruzist Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Adding Thread

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=21970661&posted=1#post21970661

Mouse works for me.
  • valkriststormvalkriststorm Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Most often: Play the mini game and either no score at all accumulates or, sometimes, a score accumulates but no reward is given.

Very rarely (about 2 in 30 tries so far, and always on Red Omegas [not sure if that's relevant or just luck]), the game will begin, immediately end with a 'fail' report, but WILL give a red omega particle reward and WILL advance the quest chain.

So far, the places I have seen this last behavior is the one in the Admiral's office on ESD, over near the steps down to the Security Officer (2 times), and once in space near the shipyards outside ESD in the Sol System.
  • captinwh0captinwh0 Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    wow not many people on this thread, this is actually a little scary, when this happens it usually means everyone is just too fed-up to post.

Dangerous levels of fedupness

(Edit: for the record i have it too)
    nerf.jpg]
  • yorethelyorethel Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Getting 0 rewards for stopping particles and in some places the particles are unusable.

Tried on ESD and Vulcan, didn't bother with K-7 since other people on Vulcan reported the same was happening there.
  • markfalconemarkfalcone Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    captinwh0 wrote: »
    wow not many people on this thread, this is actually a little scary, when this happens it usually means everyone is just too fed-up to post.

Or in my case when it's already been said and I don't have anything to add...
  • byssotbyssot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    After some testing, it seems like having another player interact with the Omega Molecule while you are playing the minigame is what is causing it to fail.

If you are the only one who is interacting with it it scores properly, but once another player interacts with the molecule the minigame stops scoring, and you do not get any rewards even if you had a score.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Or they're having trouble finding this thread because all the others were closed without linking to it. ;)

So far I've got the "instant fail that gives a reward and counts for the daily" variant once on ESD and once in space outside K-7, and the "plays normally but doesn't count as anything" variant repeatedly on Vulcan and K-7 ground and once on K-7 space. At that point I gave up trying it.
    edited January 2015
    byssot wrote: »
    After some testing, it seems like having another player interact with the Omega Molecule while you are playing the minigame is what is causing it to fail.

If you are the only one who is interacting with it it scores properly, but once another player interacts with the molecule the minigame stops scoring, and you do not get any rewards even if you had a score.

i can confirm this. my score climb stopped when another player arrived
    nerf.jpg]
  • byssotbyssot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015

I actually had a hell of a time even logging into the forum, I kept getting Session expired errors for a good 10 minutes.
  • highlandrisehighlandrise Member Posts: 354 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    i have the same annoying Bugs...and yes i gues, after the "SHOCK" with all those changes...and Bugs...lost Skills...and so on, many People are Just sicken Tired and dont even want to Post anything here at all but instead just loged off, some of them will mostly not return, the rest takes a break.....so for the Bugs, the Moment someone else Scanns a Molecule everyone before him/her will not get anything, other than that WHY do we have to fly to 3 Different Locations all over the Galaxy??...you know some People have more than just 1-2 chars.....and just a few (or was it even just one?!) Molecules per Map / instance......REALLY?! thats like throwing Bones at a Pack of Hungry Wolves.......Seriously what were you thinking guys??......:confused::eek:
  • fadmbambamfadmbambam Member Posts: 656 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Plus people are scared of getting banned for posting about problems.
    edited January 2015
    warpangel wrote: »
    Or they're having trouble finding this thread because all the others were closed without linking to it. ;)

So far I've got the "instant fail that gives a reward and counts for the daily" variant once on ESD and once in space outside K-7, and the "plays normally but doesn't count as anything" variant repeatedly on Vulcan and K-7 ground and once on K-7 space. At that point I gave up trying it.

i put a link thread up but they moved it to the earth space-dock sub forum, for some strange reason, someone is getting sleepy i think

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1359961
    nerf.jpg]
  • dcgregg1dcgregg1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    cruzist wrote: »
    Mouse works for me.

not for me.. *Waits for the sigs saying: "Omega Molecule is fun and we all love it"*
  • graysockgraysock Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The problem is the game can only be played by one person at a time, if player stabilized the particle and another one does the same it gets rest/doesn't count etc.

Wouldn't be a problem but there are only 2 molecules per map, epspecial funny on bigger hubs, 2 molecules for 60 peopel on esd... :rolleyes:
  • highlandrisehighlandrise Member Posts: 354 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    fadmbambam wrote: »
    Plus people are scared of getting banned for posting about problems.

that too, even so that People have EVERY RIGHT to Complain.....:mad:
  • merdhynmerdhyn Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Quite simply, everything about this mini-game is bugged, even when no one else interacted with the omega molecule, I was able to score, but the timer went to -12:40 before I got disgusted and closed the little window
  • rooster241rooster241 Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Adding Thread

please fix this :-)
  • olivia211olivia211 Member Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It looks like at k7 that if anyone else also clicks on the particle while someone else is trying to do it, it fails them.

Also, as others have said, it will not give a score when particles are collected.
    No, I am not who you think I am. I am someone different. I am instead a banana.
  • captpraecaptprae Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Attempted this on ESD, Vulcan and K-7. Managed to find a completely unoccupied particle on ESD and got a particle, but on Vulcan and K-7, all particles looked like a soccer ball being mauled by a bunch of 10 year olds.

Got 0 score on Vulcan, but on K-7, I did get a score on a few, sort of. It would go up to like 35-40 and then stop and I would recieve no rewards.
  • otowiotowi Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Just tried this for the first time ever, and boy is it bugged. I was at K7 BTW, didn't try the others, as they are bugged too apparently... Shocking, I know, right??

Most time it didn't even count, just said "0" score, other times it counted, but no rewards.

I seriously want to Force Choke the dev team about now, as this is just utterly bugged, and should of have been TESTED on Tribble, but no, we have to have game breaking bugs, don't we Cryptic??
  • markfalconemarkfalcone Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    byssot wrote: »

So in other words the only fix without an actual patch is to have one map per player? Oy vey.