Install Arc
Options

A Change In Command

Comments

• Options
    rosetyler51rosetyler51 Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    mewi wrote: »
    The only people I take anger out on are, fanboys, Dev script kiddies, greedy companies, PvErs/PvPers that don't give a damn about game balance but pretend they know what they are talking about.

But PvE has just as many toxic people as PvP, if not more. I have ran into many elitist pvEers that think they are #1 cause they can kill a borg cube, they talk all trash until I explode them politely. But don't try to make this sound like PvP has a monopoly on the rude, elitist players.

You're right but here is the thing. Right now. PVP crybabbies are working their hardest to drive players away from pvp.
  • Options
    wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'm sorry but I can not decipher this collection of random characters. Look, lobby for your pvp. Enjoy! But just be honest when you do so. Across the entire industry pvp represents a very small % of the playerbase. Smaller even than "raiders." And getting smaller with each new mini generation.

I wish you only the best of luck!

well i am honest in that, isn't that more than obvious?:confused:...

and whatever u had in mind while writing that post (english is not my mother-tongue/idc if its sarcastic), i'll take it :)! thx dude, so to u!
  • Options
    notrealednanotrealedna Member Posts: 1,028
    edited February 2015
    Again, twisting our words. Nobody asks you to stop PvP. To put it bluntly... stop being jerks to playerbase, who expresses disinterest in PvP, looking all smug and down on these people. It's like with meal.. some people like apples, but some people don't. Will you go look down on these people, just because they don't like what you do? I'd imagine not.

Is it that hard?

stop being jerks when our money we put in the game are seen in pvp not your pve.Till then I paid to bash your TRIBBLE.
  • Options
    adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Lets hope this one can rein in Geko's idiocy ("Dinosaurs with frikin lasers on their heads" anyone?) and to balance the monetisation against content people will desire to play, if he can do that I think he'll get a good rep in the community, then he just has to worry about the management.
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • Options
    drachenfelesdrachenfeles Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    PvP whiners go play some PvP focused game instead, this is Star Trek, a lore based story driven PvE or co-op PvE* not some hack 'n slash Klingons & Phasers 4th edition bull****

* or at least supposed to be ;)
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    I paid to bash your TRIBBLE.

PVP heroes.

Classy like a pakled in a summer dress.
  • Options
    mewimewi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    kurgan2001 wrote: »
    I didn't mention anything else. You're implying I meant STFs .. I don't do those anymore either since the launch of DR. I only specifically mentioned story and side-missions.

Which are generally single player... so they really have nothing to do with the online aspect of this game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    | Join Date: January 2009 | Computer | Fleet: Broken Wings |
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    PvP whiners go play some PvP focused game instead, this is Star Trek, a lore based story driven PvE or co-op PvE* not some hack 'n slash Klingons & Phasers 4th edition bull****

* or at least supposed to be [...]

lol, so there's the next one:rolleyes:... naaaah....

and, as already said: the design screams pvp on every corner and did from the start. half of the goodies and abilities are worthless in pve. but yeah.... u know: i never played pve. at all. :eek::rolleyes::D
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    You're right but here is the thing. Right now. PVP crybabbies are working their hardest to drive players away from pvp.

PVE crybabies are working their hardest to drive players away from STO.

Just saying.

I mean seriously, I look around the forums and what do I see? I see a game being played by folks off their meds that take the shortbus to the internet. I don't want to be a part of that kind of game. Hell, I don't want to be a member of the species that can produce such a thing.
  • Options
    ragingloliragingloli Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Yay. Chairman Mao gets a new mask. I mean a "new" chairman has been elected. With 99% of the vote. Totally legit.
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Oh I get the point - the loudest voice is heard. The point is to attack on day one to push the agenda of a teensy tiny minority and make it seem larger than it is. You brought out all your friends here and this pvp is about the only thing being discussed in this thread - so it must be very important to the game overall - right?

Oh come on....do you seriously believe that any discussion in this forum has any leverage on anything what is developed and put into STO?? :confused:
    earthboy wrote: »
    go fcking fix the lag we getting instead of making bull**** chair wtf

I LOL'D.......I genuinely LOL'D!!! :D :P :D
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    captainchaos66captainchaos66 Member Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Welcome to the new Captain of STO!!!!! May your updates be bug free, and your Zen be profitable!!!

Combining sector space is a really great idea,, those warp gates are annoying as all heck!!!

As a veteran/lifetime subscriber/ beta tester id like to say LONG LIVE STO!!!! After 5 years I have to say the game has seen great change. I remember when there wasn't enough story to get to level 40!!!! I remember when the Galaxy-X entered the game! I remember when MVAM was added to the Prometheus!!!

With all that in mind id like to throw out a minor suggestion as that seems to be the theme of the thread:

Carrier pet commands for Saucer separating ships: Galaxy, Odyssey, MVAM, etc.
    One more thing: I'd like to see more ship with separation ability,, and maybe the Prometheus can get some loven! OR a T-6 MVAM ship would be AWESOME!!!

Ow,, ONE more thing: Perhaps a BIT more tweaking of ground combat. Many missions have a lot of STUFF on the maps in the combat area... Kabali Prime is a good example. The baddies seem to LOVE shooting and hiding,, and shooting and hiding again.. which is a great strategy for them, however AutoTargeting has a fit when this happens,, the target is still there,, but is not able to be attacked because of the obstacle... perhaps a bit of a tweak to autotargeting would be great!!

Anyway,, WELCOME TO S.T.O E.P,!!!!!! Look forward to hearing more about season 10 AND BEYONNNNNNNDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!
    Fleet Admiral In charge of Bacon
    Fighting 5th Attack Squadron
    The Devils Henchman
  • Options
    zntechzntech Member Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    adamkafei wrote: »
    Lets hope this one can rein in Geko's idiocy ("Dinosaurs with frikin lasers on their heads" anyone?) and to balance the monetisation against content people will desire to play, if he can do that I think he'll get a good rep in the community, then he just has to worry about the management.

I concurred with this statement .
    In the beginning there was all and then become nothing

I AM PISSED OFF AFTER 3 YRS. I STILL CAN'T USE OR CHANGE OR DELETE OUTFIT IN 3 OF 5 OUTFIT SLOTS ON MY KLINGON TOON !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    whamhammer1whamhammer1 Member Posts: 2,290 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    You realize you're proving the point of toxicity of PvP community with these comments, right?

Also, competition is all good and nice, but some of us simply play this game because it's Star Trek, and we don't want to play Red vs Blue here.

Being bitter towards people, who enjoy Trek and not PvP is not going to win or get you anything, your PvP fixes, nor any sympathies... aside of those like you, who just need to spew hate at the welcoming post of a new guy, who didn't even make any decisions yet; thus again, proving, how toxic PvP players are.

But a good MMO can satisfy both PvE AND PvP. As far as PvP players being bitter, I see that on both sides of the coin. The are players who are bitterly against having PvP as well. There should be no reason why there isnt room to have auality content for all Star Trek fans. I love the concept of exploration and other PvE content, but my game playing has really been sharpened by fighting living and thinking targets too. Sure there a jerks that play PvP but there are some real humdingers that dont PvP either. I have made long term friends on both aspects of the game too.
  • Options
    kurgan2001kurgan2001 Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Which are generally single player... so they really have nothing to do with the online aspect of this game.

Your point being? You just ASSUMED things about what I wrote earlier, I called you out on it, now you're bashing the point that I talked about single-player (albeit you can invite people to help you with missions) content? How does it not affect the 'online' aspect? I chat in different channels, help others with missions (if they want) .. just because my definition of 'online' is different than your definition doesn't make it any less valid.
  • Options
    mewimewi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015

Wrong, Cryptic's negligent behavior when it comes to PvP has been driving away players from PvP.

Did you miss the whole part about breaking the game balance intentionally for $$$ for pvers and casuals? The dozen+ promises broken to Fix PvP? The reason why there are so many aggressive pvp forum players is because Cryptic has driven us away from the gameplay and into the forum in hopes that SOMEONE over there will do something. Sure we may not always be nice nice about it. But we have reasons for why we are fed up with it.

Look, I like STO it has many great ideas, but until things are corrected, PvP and Game Balance and less greedy cash cow plots. I'm going to remain here until then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    | Join Date: January 2009 | Computer | Fleet: Broken Wings |
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    augm3nt wrote: »
    its not our fault that your IQ cant handle playerVSplayer content.

Yes, lets stir up the consternation a bunch so the whole thread can become one big Pizzant-party.
    :rolleyes:

And you wonder why many folks don't care for PvP... you folks shoot yourself in the foot just as many times as Cryptic does.

<shakes head>
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    PVE crybabies are working their hardest to drive players away from STO.

Just saying.

I mean seriously, I look around the forums and what do I see? I see a game being played by folks off their meds that take the shortbus to the internet. I don't want to be a part of that kind of game. Hell, I don't want to be a member of the species that can produce such a thing.

This is true.

Some PVE players need to get good and learn to draw out more than 10% percent of a ship's true power.

Some PVP players need to get that stick out of their hindquarters and beat themselves with it.

There is more but these two things are what I think should be taken care of by the playerbase.
  • Options
    kirimuffinkirimuffin Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Woohoo, sector space will no longer feel (as much) like flying around in boxes! I've been waiting for this since launch. Good deal. And welcome, Mr. Ricossa.

With that said, I agree with every word of this:
    well, welcome to the top spot Stephen Ricossa! please use this position to

-put the grind thresholds more near to pre DR level

-make specialization experience account wide

-encourage systems team not to make things that ruin pvp wile having little effect in pve

-give pvp some love, starting with making all gear in pvp matches leveless

-start an npc revamp, that focuses on making npcs operate more like player ships, were station powers make up the majority of their potential hitpoints and DPS, npcs that science debuffs would be as effective against as pure DPS is

Amen to all of that.
    iconians wrote: »
    I also find it a bit disconcerting that the staff at Cryptic and PWE feels obligated to pass a Star Trek fan litmus test whenever they introduce themselves.

It's not a trend I'm very fond of.

Actually, I think it's fair. This is Star Trek Online, after all. Maybe low-level team members don't need to be familiar with Trek, but anyone on the team with decision-making power absolutely should be.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    I'm probably a little biased, being one of the people working on this for a couple months, but I think it's going to be amazing! Obviously can't talk much about it yet, but there's more to it than just smooshing things together.

Coming from you, that's exciting :D
    It's not the Majority of player base has no interest in PvP, but rather there's nothing in PvP that interesting for the player base.

This x1000. I would love to PvP again, even though I was never really any good at it. The way things are now, it's not even worth trying to improve my PvP skills because PvP is just so freaking broken.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    kurgan2001 wrote: »
    Your point being? You just ASSUMED things about what I wrote earlier, I called you out on it, now you're bashing the point that I talked about single-player (albeit you can invite people to help you with missions) content? How does it not affect the 'online' aspect? I chat in different channels, help others with missions (if they want) .. just because my definition of 'online' is different than your definition doesn't make it any less valid.

nor makes it heres! and that is the point! pve gets overloaded more and more with every single update, while pvp got nothing but empty promises. LOTS of empty promises...

so.... fair game?!
  • Options
    mikeflmikefl Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    But a good MMO can satisfy both PvE AND PvP. As far as PvP players being bitter, I see that on both sides of the coin. The are players who are bitterly against having PvP as well. There should be no reason why there isnt room to have auality content for all Star Trek fans. I love the concept of exploration and other PvE content, but my game playing has really been sharpened by fighting living and thinking targets too. Sure there a jerks that play PvP but there are some real humdingers that dont PvP either. I have made long term friends on both aspects of the game too.

^^^This right here. I enjoy all aspects of a well rounded game. I have a PS4 for when I want to play by myself or with a few friends. I don't hunt out an MMO for just one piece of the pie. It's a big place and room for everyone.
    Gold Sub since March 2010
    Lifetime Sub since June 2010
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    shpoks wrote: »
    Oh come on....do you seriously believe that any discussion in this forum has any leverage on anything what is developed and put into STO?? :confused:

I LOL'D.......I genuinely LOL'D!!! :D :P :D

Absolutely I do. I've seen it in each game that I have played - true only 3 (and one pure pvp btw) But I firmly believe that executives often run out of ideas and are heavily influenced by the loudest and most persistent voices. These are always a small minority and always at the expense of the majority and, eventually, the game.

Let's consider Delta Rising. It's basically a response to endless 30 second ISE videos that someone decided could end up making a lot of money for the company - so they took the idea and ran with it. They all must want harder content!
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I look around the forums and what do I see? I see a game being played by folks off their meds that take the shortbus to the internet.

I probably laughed way harder at that than I should have.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    gfreeman98gfreeman98 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The invisible space walls are coming down! Hooray! :D

...and you'll have people complain about it. {sigh} :rolleyes:
    (Probably the same people that complain about lack of immersion...)
    screenshot_2015-03-01-resize4.png
  • Options
    nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I only have one thing to say. May whatever god you call your own have mercy for you, as can see this fine bunch of reprobates have none.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • Options
    blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The only people I take anger out on are, fanboys, Dev script kiddies, greedy companies, PvErs/PvPers that don't give a damn about game balance but pretend they know what they are talking about.

But PvE has just as many toxic people as PvP, if not more. I have ran into many elitist pvEers that think they are #1 cause they can kill a borg cube, they talk all trash until I explode them politely. But don't try to make this sound like PvP has a monopoly on the rude, elitist players.
    Really? PvEers are more toxic than PvPers? I don't like PvP, in any game I play, I don't PvP. The people who are being toxic are people like you and others in this thread. You want PvP development, fine, but don't be surprised when it doesn't happen the way you want. Frankly, the less attention paid to PvP the better.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Wrong, Cryptic's negligent behavior when it comes to PvP has been driving away players from PvP.

Did you miss the whole part about breaking the game balance intentionally for $$$ for pvers and casuals? The dozen+ promises broken to Fix PvP? The reason why there are so many aggressive pvp forum players is because Cryptic has driven us away from the gameplay and into the forum in hopes that SOMEONE over there will do something. Sure we may not always be nice nice about it. But we have reasons for why we are fed up with it.

Look, I like STO it has many great ideas, but until things are corrected, PvP and Game Balance and less greedy cash cow plots. I'm going to remain here until then.

Guess what? You know the reason why I don't pvp. It is not the consoles, ships, lack of maps, rewards, or anything of that nature.

It is simple. The players. Most of the time when I pvp against random people they are pricks, so much so that I get toxic to match them. That is not a good way to enjoy a game so stopped.

So when I say this I speak firsthand. PVP players drove me from pvp.

Edit: To show that I take both sides of the matter.

Bad pugs drove me out of the queues too. PVE players to get their TRIBBLE together as well
  • Options
    abryant1016abryant1016 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Season 10 was suppose to focus on PVP content according to the 1st Commander in charge now 3 times removed I guess we change the focus and direction set forth.

Not upset about the sector space thing that's cool to. just the change in promises made every time someone STEPS DOWN.