What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

A Change In Command

Comments

• Options
    wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    You realize you're proving the point of toxicity of PvP community with these comments, right?

Also, competition is all good and nice, but some of us simply play this game because it's Star Trek, and we don't want to play Red vs Blue here.

Being bitter towards people, who enjoy Trek and not PvP is not going to win or get you anything, your PvP fixes, nor any sympathies... aside of those like you, who just need to spew hate at the welcoming post of a new guy, who didn't even make any decisions yet; thus again, proving, how toxic PvP players are.

lmao.... ur so tolerant and obviously infected by star trek :rolleyes:.... and before u'll turn this against me: i'm fighting for something that got promised for years.
    u just hold against something that, referring ur posts, doesn't even bother u.

now tell me: where's the trek in that?!:confused::P

u find pvp'ers toxic? well, don't have to interact with us! u don't want to pvp? well u don't have to.... i want to! and for that i gotta roll all that stup
  • Options
    bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Congratulations, Mr. Ricossa!

I choose to see this as a good thing, to have an EP's undivided attention on STO, and I'm expecting good things.

Do you expect to communicate with the players more than Mr. DeAngelo did? Will you be using forum posts, blogs, Facebook, Twitter, etc?

Are there any changes you'd like to make in regard to how the game is updated? Any other changes coming that you're ready to share with us?

Nice to have a spoiler for Season 10. I'm guessing you can't share a whole lot, but in regard to the larger sector space maps:

Will the team be making any adjustments in the warp speed scale, or will ship speeds remain about the same?

Will slipstream be adjusted to last longer, to cover the greater distances, or will it stay the same?

What will happen to the "Tour The Galaxy" daily?
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • Options
    nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Congratulation Ricossa :)
    I hope you will be a more "community-comprehensive" leader ;)
  • Options
    mvp333mvp333 Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Geko isn't gone, neither is D'Angelo, for the record.

...Anyway, I'd love to be optimistic, but comparing D'Angelo's "Change in Command" letter to what actually happened under him leaves me simply unable to be optimistic.
  • Options
    mewimewi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    You realize you're proving the point of toxicity of PvP community with these comments, right?

Also, competition is all good and nice, but some of us simply play this game because it's Star Trek, and we don't want to play Red vs Blue here.

Being bitter towards people, who enjoy Trek and not PvP is not going to win or get you anything, your PvP fixes, nor any sympathies... aside of those like you, who just need to spew hate at the welcoming post of a new guy, who didn't even make any decisions yet; thus again, proving, how toxic PvP players are.

Sweeping generalizations much? We are angry. If this were reversed and Cryptic lied to you over a dozen times, how would you feel? Would you say, oh yeah, we are just toxic that is why PvP isn't succeeding, or would you blame the people lying to your face?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    | Join Date: January 2009 | Computer | Fleet: Broken Wings |
  • Options
    thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    dgdolph wrote: »
    Not sure if I should be like: "Hooooooooray Geko is finally gone!!! Time to party! Everything is going to be better now!"

or:

Sorry PVP is gone, not even Buddah, Jesus, Jahwe, Allah could bring it back ... but still no reason not to give Ricossa a chance to improve things :P
    mvp333 wrote: »
    but comparing D'Angelo's "Change in Command" letter to what actually happened under him leaves me simply unable to be optimistic.

Sounds like a lot of BS to save Face ... and it's not even from D'Angelo ...
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    wast33 wrote: »
    lol, missed the point again. u really not deserve that avatar :P:D

Oh I get the point - the loudest voice is heard. The point is to attack on day one to push the agenda of a teensy tiny minority and make it seem larger than it is. You brought out all your friends here and this pvp is about the only thing being discussed in this thread - so it must be very important to the game overall - right?
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    rosetyler51rosetyler51 Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    raventomoe wrote: »
    This is why PvP is not my thing...to many toxic people for my tastes.

This. There is less than 10 pvpers on the forums I like.
  • Options
    kurgan2001kurgan2001 Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    First off, welcome to Stephen Ricossa to the big chair.

Second, I'm not a PvP'er as I just enjoy the story arc and side-missions. I don't have anything explicitly against it, but would refrain from making it mandatory for progression of a character.

On the subject of that, PvP'ers can go and PvP all they want until they're blue in the face. I've PvP'ed on other games and all I've seen are entitled elitists, which is why I don't play those anymore. I've tried a couple times here and didn't like it .. same essential thing in chat being said 'get gud scrub', so you all can have it and I'll have the game I play my way.
  • Options
    vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,336 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    dgdolph wrote: »
    Not sure if I should be like: "Hooooooooray Geko is finally gone!!! Time to party! Everything is going to be better now!"

or:

Geko is NOT gone. Geko was never the Executive Producer. Stephen D'angelo was the Executive Producer & was probably still working in his capacity as the Chief Technical Officer of the entire studio, so he wasn't as responsive as Stahl had been previously.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • Options
    centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    One can only hope that the unification of the quadrants is not the deathknell for "Tour the Galaxy". Even now, it yields only a small amount of XP's and EC's, but it's a daily staple for newer players leveling up... :eek:
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Oh I get the point - the loudest voice is heard. The point is to attack on day one to push the agenda of a teensy tiny minority and make it seem larger than it is. You brought out all your friends here and this pvp is about the only thing being discussed in this thread - so it must be very important to the game overall - right?

:D.... now that guy is REALLY funny :D..... get ur milk dude!

first read, then think, then post. but better about something u got a clue about :P:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=233254

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=826171

did u ever pvp? for how long? as been already said: alone 1000+ members in one pvp channel logged in at the same time when there was even just little hope?!
    tourneys and pvp fleets all over? every pvp'er an hardcore pve'er, carrying whoever through whatnot missions? whales all over?.....

nope, obviously u didn't get it! :P
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    kurgan2001 wrote: »
    First off, welcome to Stephen Ricossa to the big chair.

Second, I'm not a PvP'er as I just enjoy the story arc and side-missions. I don't have anything explicitly against it, but would refrain from making it mandatory for progression of a character.

On the subject of that, PvP'ers can go and PvP all they want until they're blue in the face. I've PvP'ed on other games and all I've seen are entitled elitists, which is why I don't play those anymore. I've tried a couple times here and didn't like it .. same essential thing in chat being said 'get gud scrub', so you all can have it and I'll have the game I play my way.

You have those people in pve too? Don't tell me those people in PvE don't exist. You are just being bias.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    thegengamerthegengamer Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Okay, he's removing sector blocks and just having quadrants. That's good and all, but I what to kick down a Gorn with a Dominion Vorta already. Why am I bringing this up other than the fact the Dominion has been speculated countless times? Well, people that probably didn't ask that question, Season 10 might be for the Gamma Quadrant. It would make sense in foresight.
  • Options
    jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    mewi wrote: »
    Sweeping generalizations much? We are angry. If this were reversed and Cryptic lied to you over a dozen times, how would you feel? Would you say, oh yeah, we are just toxic that is why PvP isn't succeeding, or would you blame the people lying to your face?
    Many people are angry. The game has its' issues. For example, I just crit'd A DoFF assignment and got 9k XP. I get barely a half for completing ground STF. That in my eyes is wrong. The overly pressure on players to grind, and not even by playing the game, but, being limited by million timegates & waiting.

My point is, if they give PvP'ers some fix, all good, but I'm certainly not sympathetic to the cause when some PvP'ers take their anger on those who don't care about that stuff in STO. We aren't the reason for PvP being ruined, it's something clearly forgotten. Likewise, spewing hate on the devs is not going to help anything. I believe in reasoning with arguments, not with insults. Simply as that.

Also, if it was reversed & PvP would be focus of this game, I'd not be playing this game, as it'd be a different kind of game which I'd not want to play. I thought I'd point that out here. If I want to go competitive, I load my close-to-GrandMaster StarCraft 2 account and clash there. When I want to enjoy Trek, I go on STO. Simply as that, I picj the type of game when I pick what game I want to play for the moment.
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• Options
    kurgan2001kurgan2001 Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    mewi wrote: »
    You have those people in pve too? Don't tell me those people in PvE don't exist. You are just being bias.

I didn't mention anything else. You're implying I meant STFs .. I don't do those anymore either since the launch of DR. I only specifically mentioned story and side-missions.
  • Options
    cidstormcidstorm Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    If this person doesn't want to be the fall guy for STO going under here are a few tips.

1. Get ship born power creep under control, boff specialization abilities need to become a part of the primary three tac/sci/eng careers. The extra bridge officer ability given by tier 6 must ALWAYS be a Lt. Cmdr. T5U gives a full T5U ship price discount on fleet tier 6 upgrades.

2. Give PVP some maps and additional game modes, like capture the flag and attack/defend with star bases. Give PVP a proper resource payout again.

3. Massively nerf the XP, dilithium, and EC requirements of post lvl 50 grinding. As the level 50 grind requirements are still there this shouldn't be a problem.

4. Make reputation account wide for all alts that choose to become a part of the account grind, which grows in proportion to the alts that opted in. Grinding on one character first kills the joy of the new content before one can experience its full potential.

5. Make the DPS requirements for Elite content doable or barely not doable for the average non tactical ship using mk 14 gear.

6. Actually release Elite content.

7. Stop trying to make everyone craft, bring back end mission item rewards.
  • Options
    redshirtthefirstredshirtthefirst Member Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    (almost) no more sector block walls... it's like Angels are singing...
    Server not responding (1701 s)
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Many people are angry. The game has its' issues. For example, I just crit'd A DoFF assignment and got 9k XP. I get barely a half for completing ground STF. That in my eyes is wrong. The overly pressure on players to grind, and not even by playing the game, but, being limited by million timegates & waiting.

My point is, if they give PvP'ers some fix, all good, but I'm certainly not sympathetic to the cause when some PvP'ers take their anger on those who don't care about that stuff in STO. We aren't the reason for PvP being ruined, it's something clearly forgotten. Likewise, spewing hate on the devs is not going to help anything. I believe in reasoning with arguments, not with insults. Simply as that.

Also, if it was reversed & PvP would be focus of this game, I'd not be playing this game, as it'd be a different kind of game which I'd not want to play. I thought I'd point that out here. If I want to go competitive, I load my close-to-GrandMaster StarCraft 2 account and clash there. When I want to enjoy Trek, I go on STO. Simply as that, I picj the type of game when I pick what game I want to play for the moment.

... and yet u guys can't stop to flame against pvp anytime someone brings it in :confused:.... soooo trek lulz...

may check next time where the causal-chain started ;)...
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    :D.... now that guy is REALLY funny :D..... get ur milk dude!

first read, then think, then post. but better about something u got a clue about :P:

did u ever pvp? for how long? as been already said: alone 1000+ members in one pvp channel logged in at the same time when there was even just little hope?!
    tourneys and pvp fleets all over? every pvp'er an hardcore pve'er, carrying whoever through whatnot missions? whales all over?.....

nope, obviously u didn't get it! :P

I'm sorry but I can not decipher this collection of random characters. Look, lobby for your pvp. Enjoy! But just be honest when you do so. Across the entire industry pvp represents a very small % of the playerbase. Smaller even than "raiders." And getting smaller with each new mini generation.

I wish you only the best of luck!
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    notrealednanotrealedna Member Posts: 1,028
    edited February 2015

lemme flush after you post ...

you pay to kill npcs lol

Im sure killing 21000000000 ships is very star trek canon...you play this game because its star trek lol
    I'm sorry but I can not decipher this collection of random characters. Look, lobby for your pvp. Enjoy! But just be honest when you do so. Across the entire industry pvp represents a very small % of the playerbase. Smaller even than "raiders." And getting smaller with each new mini generation.

I wish you only the best of luck!

checks first 5 games on steam.....yep pvp

now we need a plumber to flush after your post ...too much bs for such a small quote
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    ... and yet u guys can't stop to flame against pvp anytime someone brings it in :confused:.... soooo trek lulz...

may check next time where the causal-chain started ;)...
    My post was not trolling & neither were many others, who expressed disinterest in PvP. I merely spoke my mind, that I don't care about PvP. That's not trolling, that's called having an opinion. And we don't require your approval for our own, personal preferences now, do we? It's this twisting of our intents, which likewise, make you look like... well, not very likeable, you know?

"Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 

• Options
    dgdolphdgdolph Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Geko is NOT gone. Geko was never the Executive Producer. Stephen D'angelo was the Executive Producer & was probably still working in his capacity as the Chief Technical Officer of the entire studio, so he wasn't as responsive as Stahl had been previously.

Yeah, I know...somehow I mixed those 2 guys up. I guess it was the wish to see Geko gone :(
  • Options
    earthboyearthboy Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    go fcking fix the lag we getting instead of making bull**** chair wtf
  • Options
    edited February 2015

The only people I take anger out on are, fanboys, Dev script kiddies, greedy companies, PvErs/PvPers that don't give a damn about game balance but pretend they know what they are talking about.

But PvE has just as many toxic people as PvP, if not more. I have ran into many elitist pvEers that think they are #1 cause they can kill a borg cube, they talk all trash until I explode them politely. But don't try to make this sound like PvP has a monopoly on the rude, elitist players.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    rheeparkrheepark Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Prime directive- To boldy go into wallets like no one has done before. Maybe the old exec didnt agree with that, thus a new one to take the chair.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    augm3nt wrote: »
    Even Omega Particle Trace MINI Game is more challenging than PVE STF. make pve which you cant play without 40-50% resist. and ill stop PVP.
    Again, twisting our words. Nobody asks you to stop PvP. To put it bluntly... stop being jerks to playerbase, who expresses disinterest in PvP, looking all smug and down on these people. It's like with meal.. some people like apples, but some people don't. Will you go look down on these people, just because they don't like what you do? I'd imagine not.

Is it that hard?