test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

No Particle in Bajor?

rmackiermackie Member Posts: 97 Arc User
Anyone else encountering this?? kinda hard to do the daily if part of it doesn't exist
Commanding Officer USS Intrepid

Commanding Officer USS Frontenac

Commanding Officer Enterprise NX-01
Post edited by rmackie on

Comments

• Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I think you, me and a bunch of other people that were flying around in Bajor using sensor scans and flying around had this issue.

So we have so far:
    • Earth Space Dock (Space) not registering
    • Bajor Space not having any omega molecules despite Q sending us there.

The first I could see that it might be lag-related or something (but why only ESD), but no molecules appearing in the first place? That may something that needs to be actively fixed...
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    eltatuseltatus Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    This event is more bugged than usual.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    roamerzaroamerza Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Yep ... same here, and if I drop the mission and reclaim I keep getting the same three systems, including Bajor Grrr!
  • Options
    eiledoneiledon Member Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Read the mission text - Bajor (Ground) i.e beam to planet and scan the particle.

people so quick to jump to ohmergawditsbroken

Edit. nm. i was still on yesterdays mission as I crashed before doing it and went to sleep instead.
  • Options
    centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Here's the thing: for once, Cryptic did a good thing by sending players into zones they might not otherwise go, in order to fill the daily grind for the event. The locations for the particles varies from day to day, and by faction, so that players get better acquainted with their neck of the galaxy. Players have lost a lot, in terms of their ability to think outside the "normal" box, and keep looking for their cheese in the same places they always have, instead of adapting to a variation of the game.

The thing not as well executed is the map location of the Omega sites, so some of the time, people are looking on the wrong map level for the goodies. In some cases, there are particles to harvest beyond the ones marked for the dailies; these are just as valuable for later use in crafting, but don't trigger the mission objectives. Some players are apparently not seeing the connection here. Q scattered Omega particles all over all the maps, and they appear just as anomalies did previously, and can be harvested in nearly the same way (just a different mini-game UI).

So, stay calm, & harvest on, while you move from objective to objective, preferably as far from other players as you can get...:rolleyes:
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    eiledon wrote: »
    Read the mission text - Bajor (Ground) i.e beam to planet and scan the particle.

Actually.. the mission says Space.

There is no particle in space and the ground particle does not complete the daily.

Don't insult people and then offer bad advice that doesn't work.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    gpgtxgpgtx Member Posts: 1,579 Arc User
    edited January 2015

it says space in the mission text ground did not complete the mission

people are so quick to jump to ohgodplayerisstupid
    victoriasig_zps23c45368.jpg
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I say we let the particles destabilize in Bajor......wait how far is Bajor from Cardassia??

Never mind :(
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It's only a Reporting Bug!
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Vlugta Asteroid Field doesn't spawn Omega Molecules either..
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    friyzguyfriyzguy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Is there a QA department in that building testing this stuff out before release.....Bejor (Space),,,nada :mad:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Perhaps they should discount the ship down to 400 Qmendations.
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Perhaps they should discount the ship down to 400 Qmendations.

That would be nice, but they won't.

The point is to get people to log in everyday so fine.. just say that if we log in everyday for 2 weeks and complete Dust to Dust we get the ship.

At least then I can log in and do what I want instead of chasing this stupid non working mini game.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Calling in to confirm the bug.

Cryptic, either get your act together or give up on the ****ing grind and just give us the ship already.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    killer1986chriskiller1986chris Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    I say we let the particles destabilize in Bajor......wait how far is Bajor from Cardassia??

Never mind :(

The Cardassian faction story could be all about revenge on the alliance...
  • Options
    rnaughtrnaught Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I'll add my voice, well, words, to those who have already spoken up. My mission says Bajor (Space), there are no particles in Bajor space and even going to Bajor ground and trying there does nothing.

No particles in Bajor (Space) means not able to complete the daily. Both alts I've tried it with so far today have gotten Bajor (Space) so 2/2 alts unable to make progress towards the ship. Here's hoping I don't get Bajor space on any other alts.

Edit: Make it 3/3 alts who can't complete the daily due to Bajor space not having any Omega particles.
    Make a man a fire and keep him warm for the day.

Set a man on fire and keep him warm for the rest of his life.
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    edited January 2015
    chiming in here after postin in the official bug report thread too... bajor space no omega at all, and ground version doesnt count for quest
  • Options
    xapocalypseponyxxapocalypseponyx Member Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Yup. First attempt at the mission today, since it was such a laggy mess yesterday (not much has changed there), and can't even complete it.
    starswordc wrote: »
    Cryptic, either get your act together or give up on the ****ing grind and just give us the ship already.

You know what? **** it. Don't even care. Bugs galore all year round, you'd think for one stinking event... what ever. Just a game.
  • Options
    trillscientisttrillscientist Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    At this point they really should extend the event by a week.

They won't fix this bug during the weekend. So the earliest they can fix it is monday, which would mean a tuesday patch. And that means they will wait until thursday to implement the fix.

If you are unlucky you get the same quest every day until then and cannont get any qmendations.
  • Options
    immudzenimmudzen Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I have exactly the same bug. It looks like with limited time available and the mission bugged that the odds of unlocking the ship is pretty slim.

sigh sometimes i wonder why i even try anymore or expect anything from the devs anymore.

It just does not seem worth getting angry about it anymore. So many things are broken and more stuff gets broken and now we have the anniversary event which is the largest event for STO every year and they can't even get the basic QA done for it and instead release an unfinished system for BOFF training with no ETA to complete it.

I hope they fix it but ... I am rapidly approaching the point where I no longer care if they do.
  • Options
    centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Vlugta Asteroid Field doesn't spawn Omega Molecules either..
    That is because the particle was in the airlock on the Ferengi ship; this did actually show on the map (not that anyone is looking at the map while in the airlock...).
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013
  • Options
    gosleepoutsidegosleepoutside Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    STO has to way many bugs. STO needs help.

There are no Omega Particles in the Bajor System Space. I tried doing one on the ground in Bajor, but that did not satisfy the mission requirements.

Yesterday, the mini omega particle game did not work at all. So I could not complete the omega molecule mission.

Today, I cant complete the omega molecule mission because there are no particles in the Bajor system.

Furthermore, the mini game lags and jumps so that it is very difficult to score well, and ESD is so rubberband laggy that I cant even walk around.

Enough is Enough, hire some skilled programmers to clean up the game code. Just admit that you have a serious problem and that you need help. This has been going on for years, it is not an isolated incident. Admit it, and hire some sharp people that have the skills to fix the existing bugs and that can help STO to avoid releasing excessive future bugs.
  • Options
    alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Bug report submitted.

I've tried across Feds and KDF. Dropped mission so many times yet Bajor always shows up.

We're stuck here.

A free-grind ship is displayed, yet we cannot get it.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • Options
    ovrkylovrkyl Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited January 2015

I read the mission text. It clearly says Bajor (Space). In the in progress window it doesn't say anything, only shows the locations in the UI window. But...I beamed down to Bajor anyway and found a particle and did the mini-game (what it would let me, that is) and it didn't do anything for the mission. Beamed back up to Bajor space and still nothing.

sheeple so quick to jump to ohmergawditsnotbroken
    This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • Options
    coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I getting to old for this! No Omega stuff not even around the system nor in it. What's up with the ground Omega on Bajor so many. Someone there at PWE/CS need to fix this issue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
  • Options
    comtedeloach2comtedeloach2 Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    5 of 5 alts, cant do bajor an average of 3 tries per alt. But thanks for the extra particle bits for dropping and trying again.
  • Options
    dalmaciusdalmacius Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Yes there are no particles in Bajor Space. I have 3 characters who still have to do Bajor with the other areas done. I'll have to do the Bajor once it's fixed.

Not only that I can't turn my ship left or up in Bajor Space. I have gone to Romulus Space to do the mission and here I can move my ship freely in any direction. Strange.
  • Options
    robertcrayvenrobertcrayven Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Confirmed, no particle in any instance of Bajor space; no way to get a new roll for different locations.
  • Options
    zensutrazensutra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Stuck as well. Wonder if it's going to be another emergency patch, I imagine more and more people will get stuck here as they roll Bajor on their dailies.

I'm in-system now, and that's a lot of ticked off people.
  • Options
    robertcrayvenrobertcrayven Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I dropped into every instance that was showing for Bajor, and the only thing there was a lot of swearing in Zone chat. No particles in any of them.