test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Server Outage December 31st - Merged Comments Threads

Comments

• ovrkylovrkyl Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I'll wait until the server is actually stable.

...wait... :confused:
    This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    yep. right light be dammed! I haz game!! I can play!!!
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
  • doltarhrsoljahtdoltarhrsoljaht Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Yeah, do wait I guess lol I went to switch out a boff's sniper rifle with a Mk higher and I lost both of them so ummm yeah wait haha Good thing it's a T1 toon
  • locke112164locke112164 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    so do we have an eta on the chat server being functional?
  • dcgregg1dcgregg1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    "GS Shutting down before getting to ready state" ? whats this all about
  • pweadamanteuspweadamanteus Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Still working on the global chat server. No ETA on it as they have not found a fix for the issue yet. We are also going to be disabling the Foundry as it is showing similar symptoms as the chat server. Everything else appears to be running fine. When we have more info we'll pass it along.
  • zwaarizwaari Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    woot nice without chat, no spam at all :)

and happy new year all
  • stupidconversionstupidconversion Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Still working on the global chat server. No ETA on it as they have not found a fix for the issue yet. We are also going to be disabling the Foundry as it is showing similar symptoms as the chat server. Everything else appears to be running fine. When we have more info we'll pass it along.

The foundry should really error out much faster when it's shut down.

Not, like, pretend to load for 15-20 minutes and then timeout. Can that timeout be set shorter?
  • olivia211olivia211 Member Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    zwaari wrote: »
    woot nice without chat, no spam at all :)

and happy new year all

I was gonna say without chat, can you imagine how productive we are being in game right now?
    No, I am not who you think I am. I am someone different. I am instead a banana.
    edited December 2014
    one question. does the in game mail still work?
  • ralphgraphiteralphgraphite Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It seems that currently, you are also unable to charge zen for both cryptic games at billing.arcgames.com. STO and Neverwinter are not on the list of games to transfer zen to.

Not a huge issue - I'm heading out for the evening and all - but thought I'd let you know if anyone cryptic-side is still looking at this thread.

In game mail also seems to not be working, at least on one of my characters.
  • noxteregnoxtereg Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Thanks Adam,

Some of us appreciate you working on this especially on New Years Eve when most people have this day off. But you will always have the spoiled little brats making their comments on here haha.

Happy New Year and thank you and your team for the hard work you put in!

Appreciated.
  • khregkhreg Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Just got tossed out again. Server light in ARC reads as red.
  • robertcrayvenrobertcrayven Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    And yet new accounts are getting "invalid user name or password."
    edited January 2015
    It seems that currently, you are also unable to charge zen for both cryptic games at billing.arcgames.com. STO and Neverwinter are not on the list of games to transfer zen to.

Not a huge issue - I'm heading out for the evening and all - but thought I'd let you know if anyone cryptic-side is still looking at this thread.

In game mail also seems to not be working, at least on one of my characters.

This is being looked into as well.
  • z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Witch!! Witch!!!
    edited January 2015
    im still in but no way to communicate with anyone
  • olivia211olivia211 Member Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    im still in but no way to communicate with anyone

Enjoy the silence. Go farm some dil or do an episode you have been meaning to solo for some time now.
    No, I am not who you think I am. I am someone different. I am instead a banana.
    edited January 2015
    khreg wrote: »
    Just got tossed out again. Server light in ARC reads as red.

Known issue. Server is live but the error server is not showing it yet.

Chat server and Foundry will be down for awhile as the engineers are working on them.
  • thegreendragoon1thegreendragoon1 Member Posts: 1,872 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The Foundry is also disabled (button grayed out) at the moment.
  • cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,536 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
    edited January 2015
    Yep, there is a whole thread about the server being down that I have been updating. It talks about that.
  • donowickdonowick Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    You can get on but no chat and the friend list doesn't work also. So You can get on but can't chat and can't tell if your friends are even on. That is no fun hope they fix it soon. :)
  • mjarbarmjarbar Member Posts: 2,084 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    To, pweadamanteus and the rest of the team at Cryptic

I just want to say from one player a thank you for getting the game back up and running and to wish everyone a Happy New Year and hope you have a great one for 2015.

:D
    hZbIdbh.jpg
    THANK YOU FOUNDRY - YOUR CONTENT GAVE ME MANY HAPPY HOURS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • doltarhrsoljahtdoltarhrsoljaht Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    noxtereg wrote: »
    Thanks Adam,

Some of us appreciate you working on this especially on New Years Eve when most people have this day off. But you will always have the spoiled little brats making their comments on here haha.

Happy New Year and thank you and your team for the hard work you put in!

Appreciated.

I assimulate that appreciation! and raise you....chears for ur valiant effort to help us ring in the New Year with STO. lol
  • robertcrayvenrobertcrayven Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Where might that thread be? And does it address the issues with new players unable to log in?
  • gholendhorgholendhor Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    A lot of things wrong today.Chat is screwy,all I can switch to is local and all other channels are quiet.I tried to do a foundry mission and it stuck on loading screen till it timed out after about 7 minutes to login screen.
  • ralphgraphiteralphgraphite Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    This is being looked into as well.

Thanks muchly! I'll check it tomorrow morning before the ship sale is supposed to end.

Either way, thank you so much for coming in here and keeping us up to date. I'm a systems administrator by trade, so I've had systems go down at very inopportune times myself, and I feel the pain of everyone who's stuck at work (or working from home) dealing with this. I'm sorry this has happened to you folks on New Year's Eve, and tip my hat to you and those working behind the scenes to get us back up and running. :)
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Where might that thread be? And does it address the issues with new players unable to log in?

The answer is: Dev Tracker

That will list all of the posts made by any dev, which itself can be a tool to find threads in which they are active or have answered questions for other players that you yourself might benefit from. Give it a click now and again if you want to see what the devs have to say. ;)

Were I to "give a man a fish" instead...

Did the server just crash? - Initial player response to the Server Outage
    Server Outage, December 31st - Official response to the Server Outage
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • bartlett24bartlett24 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I am trying to charge ZEN and when I get to the point I have to choose the game, STO isn't an option. Is this b/c of the server problems or whatvever the problem is that once again is causing this game to be non-functional?
This discussion has been closed.