Install Arc
Options

Server Outage December 31st - Merged Comments Threads

1272829303133»

Comments

• Options
    marevayavemarevayave Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    In addition to transactions, the Foundry and chat, my friend list is completely empty and half of the social functions (search options, etc) don't work. I've tried all sorts of random search words, even ones the search engine suggested, and all it says is "No players found". :(
    Lyneia Darwulf@marevayave - 60 Trickster Rogue - Dragon
  • Options
    pweadamanteuspweadamanteus Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    marevayave wrote: »
    In addition to transactions, the Foundry and chat, my friend list is completely empty and half of the social functions (search options, etc) don't work. I've tried all sorts of random search words, even ones the search engine suggested, and all it says is "No players found". :(

That is all tied into the global chat server so those won't work until chat is working too. No ETA.
  • Options
    ashlotteashlotte Member Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    This has been quite the journey!
  • Options
    marevayavemarevayave Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    That is all tied into the global chat server so those won't work until chat is working too. No ETA.

Ahh, good to know. Felt like I was going insane cause nothing I tried worked.

Sure feels isolating in game.
    Lyneia Darwulf@marevayave - 60 Trickster Rogue - Dragon
  • Options
    blairmarshallblairmarshall Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    At least the Twilight Zone marathon on Syfy channel is on to keep me occupied!:D
  • Options
    steveofborgsteveofborg Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited January 2015

So how does one have fun playing a non massive, kinda multi-player, sort of online, roll playing game?

ESD feels like I am walking around a talent-less mime college.
  • Options
    flashtu1980flashtu1980 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    German client ingame same Problem no chat channels only "zone" but no one can post there^^
  • Options
    stelakkhstelakkh Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Oh, good. One of the Evil Overlords.

Here's an idea:

Fund STO properly so this kind of thing doesn't happen.

It's New Year's Eve, and the servers have gone down, and then when they come back up social functions don't work.

Only a stupid, deaf, mute and blind pig would not realize that PWE needs to stop working so hard to wreck STO.

If you pass this message on to your taskmasters, definitely do NOT sugar-coat it. They don't deserve any soft-pedaling of the message.
    Actual Join Date: August, 2008
  • Options
    generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited January 2015
    Honestly, this has been the best, not so aggravating, annoying, flamed, hated, for lack of better words, outage I've seen in a long time.

It's all thanks to pweadamanteus, for his continuous updates across multiple threads that I've seen so far...

Much appreciated and welcomed.

Thank You Sir!!!
  • Options
    letishyaletishya Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Let's say Happy New Year everyone!

Can't stay up anymore so i will sleep and hope the chat will come back when i am ;)
    But have to mention, impossible to communicate with emotes xD

Thanks the work from the staff, guys this is New Years Eve already (where i live at least) and they are working, not drinking as many of us, or i hope :P

Anyway, cheers and see you all in-game.
  • Options
    blairmarshallblairmarshall Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    This is being looked into as well.

Thanks! Happy New Year!!!!!!
  • Options
    battykoda0battykoda0 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I still can't get in to not chat.

In now. Windows updates wanted me to not do anything except restart I think.
    Wow. There is a new KDF Science ship. I'll be!
  • Options
    ovrkylovrkyl Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Still working on the global chat server. No ETA on it as they have not found a fix for the issue yet. We are also going to be disabling the Foundry as it is showing similar symptoms as the chat server. Everything else appears to be running fine. When we have more info we'll pass it along.

I knew you guys shouldn't have hired Kim Jong Un to do your network maintenance!
    This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • Options
    pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Threads Merged

We are aware of chat issues, mail issues, exchange issues, Foundry issues, ZEN issues and more, but to be honest, most of our staff is away on Holiday so I have no ETA on when these will be reapired fully.

We apologize for the inconvenient timing for today's crash, and we aim to get things back up and running ASAP.

We ask for your patience and understanding as we get back to work on this tomorrow and the remainder of the week (probly the weekend too?) after everyone is back and travel and maintenance schedules can resume back to normal.

Thanks again everyone!

~CaptainSmirk
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Threads Merged

We are aware of chat issues, mail issues, exchange issues, Foundry issues, ZEN issues and more, but to be honest, most of our staff is away on Holiday so I have no ETA on when these will be reapired fully.

We apologize for the inconvenient timing for today's crash, and we aim to get things back up and running ASAP.

We ask for your patience and understanding as we get back to work on this tomorrow and the remainder of the week (probly the weekend too?) after everyone is back and travel and maintenance schedules can resume back to normal.

Thanks again everyone!

~CaptainSmirk

Fixing all that is a headache enough. I hope there are no hangovers to make those headaches worse. Else I can hear an echo of the bridge of Undiscovered Country in the office.
  • Options
    ovrkylovrkyl Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Translation:
    The game's broken.
    The majority of the staff is out getting toasted.
    The skeleton crew left behind isn't able to fix it.
    Go have some champagne and we'll see you next year!
    This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • Options
    siriusmusictownsiriusmusictown Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    In game chat is still kind of, not there.

Same here, any toon: no chat, no ingame voice chat, no friends list, no fleet list... Its a shame too - since I know my Fleet is in game looking for some runs.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Team chat was just working in a mission but no other chat seems to be.
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Threads Merged

Thanks again everyone!

~CaptainSmirk

This is the most appropriate way to end the year considering how problematic this year has been.
  • Options
    raijenardeshraijenardesh Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Chat/Foundry/Exchange seems to be working ok now. Not sure about the others

Happy 2015 all.
  • Options
    dogudogu Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Chat/Foundry/Exchange seems to be working ok now. Not sure about the others

Happy 2015 all.

Glad to know :)

In last night after 3am wrote here "On page 96 i think" that couldn't see own or anyone's chat and also couldn't see my created custom channels. So hoping that custom channels r also there when login to Sto a bit later.

Wish nice safe New Year 2015 for Cryptic and Sto fans :)

- 34y old Trekkie and Sto fan -
  • Options
    lored2deathlored2death Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    12-30-14

General

Instability Update for the Holodeck server

FTFY
  • Options
    beyerebeyere Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    ovrkyl wrote: »
    Translation:
    The game's broken.
    The majority of the staff is out getting toasted.
    The skeleton crew left behind isn't able to fix it.
    Go have some champagne and we'll see you next year!

Yeah. Elite: Dangerous just launched and Civilization: Beyond Earth is a hell of a game.
    EB
  • Options
    alonysalonys Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    beyere wrote: »
    Yeah. Elite: Dangerous just launched and Civilization: Beyond Earth is a hell of a game.
    EB

I've sunk 33 hours into Wasteland 2 since Christmas. :)
  • Options
    bougebouge Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Game stabililty has got worst since the latest "game stability update", all of a sudden there is a visual lag as soon as near any other player (especially in ground mode) ... strange since i havent changed any game settings, of course i then tried recommended fixes such as lowering graphic quality etc... at the lowest possible setting, does the same, actually does the same at all graphic lvls. All this kinda implies that the latest 'stability update' made things worst.

(btw: whats the big idea doing a 'stability upgrade' during the holidays events, when everyone is playing. The frustration has turned ppl off on this game unfortunetly).

Anywho, this rant falls on deaf ears at my house, hopefully not on deaf eyes at cryptc

-Bouge
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Silly Doffs

• Options
    labtinnionlabtinnion Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Hey, it accidentally let me into the game just long enough to cycle some DOFF missions before it dropped me again.
    STAR TREK ONLINE Our ongoing Mission:
    --> To constantly seek better ships
    --> To acquire and upgrade bigger weapons
    --> To boldly grind what everyone has ground before.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    So aside from all of the bugs and such that are effecting the game currently, my main issue is that the Gameclient.exe keeps crashing when ever I get into combat. Not only have they not responded to this issue (that I know of), but then they merged it into a thread about a server outage?

I can understand that they are on holiday and can't fix it this week, but this has been happening since the start of the winter event, and it's bad enough that it keeps people from being able to grind or fight, which really seems to be the main focus of the game. I seriously doubt they're even going to bother with it until after they remove the winter event either, but to make things worse, i can't do Tides of ice, i couldn't do the elachi event, and i'm not going to be able to really do the R&D event (since i can't grind materials).

Again, this is just my biggest personal issue against the multitude of problems the game has sprouted since just the winter event, and I know I'm not alone with the constant crashing and everything else.

Is anyone else angry that they basically threw all the different bug threads into an unrelated one, telling us that they're not going to do anything about it but walk away?

A lot of people are unable to play the game at all because of how broken it is, and for a full month, they've done nothing.

i'm not going to be screaming out for reparations or free things due to all of this, but I'm angry. People are missing out on being able to play the game, and instead of doing anything, they just keep throwing out events that they still won't be able to play. I don't even know how much i've lost out on due to the constant crashing. The rewards, the resources, the experience, everything.

The Game is too broken for a lot of people to even play it, and the only real response seems to be "we know, we're not doing anything about it, and we're going to go now."

Typical Cryptic...
  • Options
    askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Since this was about the server outage on dec 31st, I'm going to close this thread down since, obviously, the servers aren't still down hehe.

PS - Developers don't merge threads. They don't have the power to do so. Only moderators and CM's which don't fix squat ;)
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

This discussion has been closed.