What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Server Outage December 31st - Merged Comments Threads

Comments

• Options
    noxteregnoxtereg Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I assimulate that appreciation! and raise you....chears for ur valiant effort to help us ring in the New Year with STO. lol

Thumbs Up
    :D:D:D
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    gholendhor wrote: »
    A lot of things wrong today.Chat is screwy,all I can switch to is local and all other channels are quiet.I tried to do a foundry mission and it stuck on loading screen till it timed out after about 7 minutes to login screen.
    yeah, the entire foundry seems to be down.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    mjarbarmjarbar Member Posts: 2,084 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Yes it is related to the server outage and that pweadamanteus has said they are aware of the problem and is being looked at :)
    hZbIdbh.jpg
    THANK YOU FOUNDRY - YOUR CONTENT GAVE ME MANY HAPPY HOURS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The one good thing with no chat channels/zone chat working at all is not dealing with spammer sales chat when visiting public hubs.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    robertcrayvenrobertcrayven Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Yay for the dev tracker.

Unfortunately, my question is not on there.

Again, I ask...is there some issue with new accounts not being able to log in?
  • Options
    stevedudemanstevedudeman Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The one good thing with no chat channels/zone chat working at all is not dealing with spammer sales chat when visiting public hubs.

You can turn zone chat off anytime through the chat settings...
  • Options
    feordilagorgefeordilagorge Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Game working for me at 6:44 pm CST but chat and friends list are offline.
    Star Citizen: Pay-2-Win?
    i.imgur.com/LGpIGVB.png

FREE HONG KONG! *
    * With purchase of another Hong Kong of equal or greater value.
  • Options
    m0rdr4km0rdr4k Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Yep! Same problem here...

Chat + friends list
  • Options
    penclrtistpenclrtist Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Server is up launcher says it is still down... turn off the red light. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    pweadamanteuspweadamanteus Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Yay for the dev tracker.

Unfortunately, my question is not on there.

Again, I ask...is there some issue with new accounts not being able to log in?

Looking into it.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    penclrtist wrote: »
    Server is up launcher says it is still down... turn off the red light. :)

Known issue. Comments about it in this thread: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1339231&page=68
  • Options
    xapocalypseponyxxapocalypseponyx Member Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited January 2015

That place spams so much, I've wondered if people actually purchase from there. I mean, they have to, right? I can't imagine that place being so dedicated, if it was not generating some cash flow.

Crazy.
  • Options
    ussprometheus79ussprometheus79 Member Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    aoax10 wrote: »
    This supports my earlier statement. Perfect.

Umm, yeah. Not really dude. Sorry.
    If you've come to the forums to complain about the AFK system, it's known to be bugged at the moment.
  • Options
    robertcrayvenrobertcrayven Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Looking into it.

Thank you!
  • Options
    arbuz1arbuz1 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2015
  • Options
    chinito03chinito03 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    it will be fixed tomorrow... its new year so i am guessing the so called tech engineers are at home partying...
    and i was wrong... lol
  • Options
    bansheedragonbansheedragon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    noxtereg wrote: »
    Why people like this continue to play is beyond me. Complain and complain but keep coming back lol. Hilarious.
    Because the only way something can be improved upon is when someone tells them what is wrong.
    If people always tells them everything is perfect and agree with everything they do, then nothing would every get fixed.
  • Options
    rsoblivionrsoblivion Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Because the only way something can be improved upon is when someone tells them what is wrong.
    If people always tells them everything is perfect and agree with everything they do, then nothing would every get fixed.

The odd part with Cryptic is you can tell them till you are bluegeek in the face and they still don't fix the obvious or playtest the balance changes they make...
    Chris Robert's on SC:
    "You don't have to do something again and again and again repetitive that doesn't have much challange, that's just a general good gameplay thing."
  • Options
    coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    New content to play on Jan 1st 2015. Odd how the entire system gone down one the last day of 2014. Here they're shooting off firewalls to ring in the new year!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
  • Options
    dogudogu Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Helloez.

Time is 3:34 am here in Finland "+2gmt i think" and just got msg popping to screen that global chat server offline. Well,it's been like that for me about 40mins,but only now saw that server msg popping to screen and good to know that's cause of that and not cause of my Sto client bugging. I haven't been able to see any chat at all during this time and chat options doesn't show any of my created custom channels and i have few of them.

I assume this global chat tech prob will be fixed tomorrow if not soon :) Now can't wish Happy Safe New Year 2015 for any one,but i wish it for all here hehe.

Happy and Safe New Year 2015 for all Sto staff ppl and Sto fans :)

- 34y old Long time Sto fan and old Trekkie -
  • Options
    locke112164locke112164 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    chat server still down. any word?
  • Options
    sebastioncanesebastioncane Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    thanks to the Dev team to get sto running again it was nice of you to pitch in and get things working on a holliday, Happy New Year to the Devs and to everyone in STO and all my fleet friends Have a safe and Wonderful New years Eve see you all in 2015
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Near 8pm central time and I still can't get in.

The launcher might still say the server is down but you can still hit the button and launch the game. The server is up.

Chat, the Foundry, and Zen Charge/Transfer is not working at this time.
  • Options
    tanthotantho Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    m0rdr4k wrote: »
    Yep! Same problem here...

Chat + friends list

And this is a bad thing?
  • Options
    uthyeruthyer Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Yes, you can get in, you cant talk to anyone, your friends list ect. is gone and you will get kicked for no reason with no warning.

So.....Usual STO:(
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    It's not letting me in at all. It claims invalid username/password and despite my having changed it to hopefully reset it no luck. I'm using the standalone launcher, when I tried to use Arc instead hoping that would work it doesn't even think the game is downloaded on this machine.

Help is much appreciated!

New accounts, and likely those that change their passwords, will prob not be able to get in right now due to some of the continuing server issues. The network engineers are working on it but I don't have an ETA for you at this time.
  • Options
    m0rdr4km0rdr4k Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    tantho wrote: »
    And this is a bad thing?

The game launcher has a new message. It says "The Chat and Foundry services are unavailable at this time" so they are probably fixing it. It's just a matter of time...
This discussion has been closed.