Server Outage December 31st - Merged Comments Threads

Comments

• cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,536 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • pweadamanteuspweadamanteus Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Yep, there is a whole thread about the server being down that I have been updating. It talks about that.
  • donowickdonowick Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    You can get on but no chat and the friend list doesn't work also. So You can get on but can't chat and can't tell if your friends are even on. That is no fun hope they fix it soon. :)
  • mjarbarmjarbar Member Posts: 2,084 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    To, pweadamanteus and the rest of the team at Cryptic

I just want to say from one player a thank you for getting the game back up and running and to wish everyone a Happy New Year and hope you have a great one for 2015.

:D
    hZbIdbh.jpg
    THANK YOU FOUNDRY - YOUR CONTENT GAVE ME MANY HAPPY HOURS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • doltarhrsoljahtdoltarhrsoljaht Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    noxtereg wrote: »
    Thanks Adam,

Some of us appreciate you working on this especially on New Years Eve when most people have this day off. But you will always have the spoiled little brats making their comments on here haha.

Happy New Year and thank you and your team for the hard work you put in!

Appreciated.

I assimulate that appreciation! and raise you....chears for ur valiant effort to help us ring in the New Year with STO. lol
  • robertcrayvenrobertcrayven Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Where might that thread be? And does it address the issues with new players unable to log in?
  • gholendhorgholendhor Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    A lot of things wrong today.Chat is screwy,all I can switch to is local and all other channels are quiet.I tried to do a foundry mission and it stuck on loading screen till it timed out after about 7 minutes to login screen.
  • ralphgraphiteralphgraphite Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    This is being looked into as well.

Thanks muchly! I'll check it tomorrow morning before the ship sale is supposed to end.

Either way, thank you so much for coming in here and keeping us up to date. I'm a systems administrator by trade, so I've had systems go down at very inopportune times myself, and I feel the pain of everyone who's stuck at work (or working from home) dealing with this. I'm sorry this has happened to you folks on New Year's Eve, and tip my hat to you and those working behind the scenes to get us back up and running. :)
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Where might that thread be? And does it address the issues with new players unable to log in?

The answer is: Dev Tracker

That will list all of the posts made by any dev, which itself can be a tool to find threads in which they are active or have answered questions for other players that you yourself might benefit from. Give it a click now and again if you want to see what the devs have to say. ;)

Were I to "give a man a fish" instead...

Did the server just crash? - Initial player response to the Server Outage
    Server Outage, December 31st - Official response to the Server Outage
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • bartlett24bartlett24 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I am trying to charge ZEN and when I get to the point I have to choose the game, STO isn't an option. Is this b/c of the server problems or whatvever the problem is that once again is causing this game to be non-functional?
  • noxteregnoxtereg Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I assimulate that appreciation! and raise you....chears for ur valiant effort to help us ring in the New Year with STO. lol

Thumbs Up
    :D:D:D
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    gholendhor wrote: »
    A lot of things wrong today.Chat is screwy,all I can switch to is local and all other channels are quiet.I tried to do a foundry mission and it stuck on loading screen till it timed out after about 7 minutes to login screen.
    yeah, the entire foundry seems to be down.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • mjarbarmjarbar Member Posts: 2,084 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Yes it is related to the server outage and that pweadamanteus has said they are aware of the problem and is being looked at :)
    hZbIdbh.jpg
    THANK YOU FOUNDRY - YOUR CONTENT GAVE ME MANY HAPPY HOURS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The one good thing with no chat channels/zone chat working at all is not dealing with spammer sales chat when visiting public hubs.
    XzRTofz.gif
    edited January 2015
    Yay for the dev tracker.

Unfortunately, my question is not on there.

Again, I ask...is there some issue with new accounts not being able to log in?
  • stevedudemanstevedudeman Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The one good thing with no chat channels/zone chat working at all is not dealing with spammer sales chat when visiting public hubs.

You can turn zone chat off anytime through the chat settings...
  • feordilagorgefeordilagorge Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Game working for me at 6:44 pm CST but chat and friends list are offline.
    Star Citizen: Pay-2-Win?
    i.imgur.com/LGpIGVB.png

FREE HONG KONG! *
    * With purchase of another Hong Kong of equal or greater value.
  • m0rdr4km0rdr4k Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Yep! Same problem here...

Chat + friends list
  • penclrtistpenclrtist Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Server is up launcher says it is still down... turn off the red light. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2015
    Yay for the dev tracker.

Unfortunately, my question is not on there.

Again, I ask...is there some issue with new accounts not being able to log in?

Looking into it.
    edited January 2015
    penclrtist wrote: »
    Server is up launcher says it is still down... turn off the red light. :)

Known issue. Comments about it in this thread: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1339231&page=68
  • xapocalypseponyxxapocalypseponyx Member Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited January 2015

That place spams so much, I've wondered if people actually purchase from there. I mean, they have to, right? I can't imagine that place being so dedicated, if it was not generating some cash flow.

Crazy.
  • ussprometheus79ussprometheus79 Member Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    aoax10 wrote: »
    This supports my earlier statement. Perfect.

Umm, yeah. Not really dude. Sorry.
    If you've come to the forums to complain about the AFK system, it's known to be bugged at the moment.
    edited January 2015
    Looking into it.

Thank you!
  • chinito03chinito03 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    it will be fixed tomorrow... its new year so i am guessing the so called tech engineers are at home partying...
    and i was wrong... lol
  • bansheedragonbansheedragon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    noxtereg wrote: »
    Why people like this continue to play is beyond me. Complain and complain but keep coming back lol. Hilarious.
    Because the only way something can be improved upon is when someone tells them what is wrong.
    If people always tells them everything is perfect and agree with everything they do, then nothing would every get fixed.
  • rsoblivionrsoblivion Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Because the only way something can be improved upon is when someone tells them what is wrong.
    If people always tells them everything is perfect and agree with everything they do, then nothing would every get fixed.

The odd part with Cryptic is you can tell them till you are bluegeek in the face and they still don't fix the obvious or playtest the balance changes they make...
    Chris Robert's on SC:
    "You don't have to do something again and again and again repetitive that doesn't have much challange, that's just a general good gameplay thing."
  • coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    New content to play on Jan 1st 2015. Odd how the entire system gone down one the last day of 2014. Here they're shooting off firewalls to ring in the new year!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
  • dogudogu Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Helloez.

Time is 3:34 am here in Finland "+2gmt i think" and just got msg popping to screen that global chat server offline. Well,it's been like that for me about 40mins,but only now saw that server msg popping to screen and good to know that's cause of that and not cause of my Sto client bugging. I haven't been able to see any chat at all during this time and chat options doesn't show any of my created custom channels and i have few of them.

I assume this global chat tech prob will be fixed tomorrow if not soon :) Now can't wish Happy Safe New Year 2015 for any one,but i wish it for all here hehe.

Happy and Safe New Year 2015 for all Sto staff ppl and Sto fans :)

- 34y old Long time Sto fan and old Trekkie -
This discussion has been closed.