What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Server Outage, December 31st

Comments

• Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Oh my God, when EA's having problems too, and Cryptic having problems...

OH MY GOD, EA and Cryptic are fusing :eek:
  • Options
    otisnobleotisnoble Member Posts: 1,290 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Arc seems to thing everybody is served by east coast servers, or are we? That would explain all the server problems. Of course it hasn't been as bad as when it would go down every Sunday morning.
    Fleet Admiral Stephen
  • Options
    purplesplatpurplesplat Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    There's an awful lot of whining going on in this thread.

Who knows what's happened. Hardware could have failed. Problems getting into the co-location if that's where their servers are, and yes, it's a holiday, so people are probably on call.

Go have sex with a significant other or something and remind yourself what real human contact feels like.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Y'know, after awhile it becomes funny. Like this is the Star Trek version of Gilligan's Island.

you mean

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=20646561&postcount=213
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,541 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    @ organicmanfred - That, Sir, is only the most amazingly frakkin' brilliant thing I've seen today. Thank you for the laugh. 'Cuz I really needed it after the morning I had at work. Much appreciated.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    ddx2kddx2k Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Thanks for the outage, I desperately needed to do some laundry.:confused:
  • Options
    sinerothsineroth Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    This is great i was wondering when id get time to build a foundry mission 8)
  • Options
    skiptomalooskiptomaloo Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Blame the hamster when something goes wrong !?

Show him no love when he is doing his Job !!

I think Hamster is annoyed at only getting 1 persons attention in the contest :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    herachristherachrist Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    nativejoe wrote: »
    I imagine this is going to be a Very lengthy Downtime. it's new years day.

They havn't even had time to give us the tribble patch for the winter event, ( which is a cripppling bug, but its fixed on tribble) And everyone is out on break.

Since they are all understandbly out on beer runs right now. I'd say go play something else for now.

I'm going to load up Skyrim and emerse myself in a exploratory environment filled with story line, instead of fuming in the forums or sitting in earth space dock for 10 hours.

This.

I'm going to play State of Decay or Alien: Isolation. (Both are EXCELLENT games BTW, and highly recommended.)

Although I'm sure it's a priority to get STO back online, don't forget that it's NYE and STO's staff is almost certainly not at full strength...they're regular people just like us, who want to have their well-deserved time off for the holiday.
  • Options
    crowseph5crowseph5 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    And the New Status is up, the Web server is online.
    http://stostatus.com/
  • Options
    vorlonangelvorlonangel Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    its OK, I just used the free time to watch TCU Obliterate Ole Miss 42-3. Any idea when this will be fixed? I still cant connect to the launcher.:cool:
  • Options
    captaingalaxy1captaingalaxy1 Member Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    runpus wrote: »
    Give them a break, guys. This is a hugely complex game, and servers go down from time to time. It's a holiday. They probably have contacts from several teams on call, and no doubt, they've all been activated and are working on fixing the issue now.

If they didn't charge for stuff, there would be no game, and no continuation of Star Trek canon. So get over it, and buy some ships from time to time.

In the meantime, while you wait for the servers to come back up, you could go outside or read a book.

Indeed we are lucky to have Star Trek Online, The new Trek is just messed up, as is the stargate franchise with that reboot.
    "Omega Class will prevail she cannot be defeated!"
  • Options
    runpusrunpus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    rob2485 wrote: »
    I am sure someone is on call. Seriously think about this you have a game company that hosts many games, wouldn't you ask for a volunteer or two in order to handle server downtime. I am sure the main team is off but where I work the network admin is sorta on call if there is an issue he has to go in and fix it.

I'm sure they have people designated to be on call over the holidays, just like how I was at my job, and ended up working a little every day over the Thanksgiving break. But it's cool, I got a couple of comp days. lol
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    crowseph5 wrote: »
    And the New Status is up, the Web server is online.
    http://stostatus.com/

Uh, no its not!! I just tried and after 5 times it quit.:(
  • Options
    crowseph5crowseph5 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Update again, Web server is down... again...
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    hah! figures. the server comes down just before the new year, if i were superstitious i would be making a new years resolution about the server :P. its just an underlining feature of the game that has been frequent this year.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    spaceeagle20spaceeagle20 Member Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »
    OK, let me just get the regular whining over with quickly:

There, that should do it. Now we can have some actual optimistic and sensible comments.

How's that saying? Servers down the last of the year, servers down all of the year :P
    I am out celebrating anyway but in the 30 mins I was home and STO was down , I had fun playing another game : a good filler for when STO is down
    P58WJe7.jpg

• Options
    edited December 2014
    I don't have any more ideas of things I could make Cryptic responsible for!

Why not Cryptic? :mad:
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    crowseph5 wrote: »
    update Again, Web Server Is Down... Again...

Lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    cem3212cem3212 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Of course it's a pain in the collective keister & an inconvenience for us all, but I'm sure Cryptic personnel are trying to fix whatever problem it is if they can.

Happy early New Year to everyone by the way!

Even though I didn't participate I hope they get more creative & community engaged with events like that Design a Duty Officer. Congratulations to the winners. Implement that type of concept & expanded upon it, BOFFs & etc, to compliment crafting possibility I think would be tremendous.

Now to wait for a powered server ... :)
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    What's a Keister?
  • Options
    neuraldamageneuraldamage Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    OH MY GOD, EA and Cryptic are fusing :eek:

Zoinks, that is too scary a thought to even contemplate. Ima go get drunk now so I can forget you ever said it. :cool:

People are broken. - Lum the Mad
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Good thing its Bowl Season. Sit back and relax and get ready for the Fiesta Bowl. After watching TCU show the selection committee it made a huge mistake I'm not too enthused with Boise State and AZ. I hope the servers get back up soon:cool:
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,541 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    One of the other threads is already over 400 hundred posts and 26,000 views. I'll bet if we try, we can catch them...lol.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    otisnobleotisnoble Member Posts: 1,290 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I was going to blame North Korea for hacking PWE but wouldn't that be tatamount to hacking China? Would they be so stupid as to TRIBBLE off their only friend (except for Dennis Rodman) in the world?
    Fleet Admiral Stephen