What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Server Outage, December 31st

Comments

• Options
    archershranarchershran Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Reports of our servers being down are in. We have our team investigating. Sorry for the inconvenience everyone. Web hope to have the hamsters back in the Computer Core post haste! We will update you with an ETA as soon as we can.

Hope you all have a great NYE!

~CaptainSmirk

I would like to take this time to bring an important tidbit of information to your attention...the ALT-F4 suggestion is merely a troll that people use in game to catch inexperienced players off guard and cause their program to close. It is not, nor will it ever be a quick fix to reset gaming servers....Sorry for the confusion, I do hope this helps.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    darkdazmaddarkdazmad Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Maybe with this server outage people will realize that there are better games that STO and no one will come back to play this garbage of a mmo that always breaks down when Hard working people that have free time can play. I will be glad when Star Citizen will come out I already have plans to get Elite Dangerous. So keep messing up Cryptic make it where I don't want to invest money in this game anymore Please!!!!!

will buddy i have news for you, players will still come back this wonderful game,

and if you dont want to play it thats up to you and you think its all garbage; will i have news and idea for you.
    log out of the game complete and uninstall
    and dont come back your self
    star trek online is not garbage

and not being funny, any online game will have bugs. its normal. you cant have a server with out bugs, theres always bound to be a glitch or 2...
    stosigra_zpsxpcew08i.png

Also note it says under my name i am a Champions Online User, i play Star Trek Online and have no idea how to change that lol
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Looks like it's back up again. :D
  • Options
    gameversemangameverseman Member Posts: 1,110 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    darkdazmad wrote: »
    will buddy i have news for you, players will still come back this wonderful game,

and if you dont want to play it thats up to you and you think its all garbage; will i have news and idea for you.

and not being funny, any online game will have bugs. its normal. you cant have a server with out bugs, theres always bound to be a glitch or 2...

Does that justify consistent mediocrity? It doesn't... that's the point. No game is perfect... yes. Does that justify a game being mediocre compared to some others in one area or another?... no. It's that simple.
    signature.png
  • Options
    losmartineslosmartines Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    No its not still down but we wait for it to come back up because i Love that game
  • Options
    pont15pont15 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Got bumped again.
  • Options
    cigardancigardan Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    sov42 wrote: »

Now we gets ta see if da rush of people gonna make it crash right back again.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    No its not still down but we wait for it to come back up because i Love that game

Yeah, spoke too soon. :\ I can get the game to load, but can't login. But, at least it's some progress.
  • Options
    otisnobleotisnoble Member Posts: 1,290 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    sov42 wrote: »

The launcher is up but the little red ball says the game server is down
    Fleet Admiral Stephen
  • Options
    brok3nmindbrok3nmind Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    yup - login page is up, game server is still down . . .
  • Options
    robintayl0rrobintayl0r Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I work in IT support...
    I know it's a thankless task.

So thank you to you guys or girls who where working while the rest of us slack! :)
  • Options
    m4tkem4tke Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I just got into the game, with the red light on saying servers are down!

Then got kicked again less than 5 minutes later.

So much for celebrating the new year in on STO :(
  • Options
    gholendhorgholendhor Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Yup was able to log in and server went down after 5 minutes
  • Options
    fifey2fifey2 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Thanks to all those working on Hogmanay to restore the game :)
  • Options
    vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Reports of our servers being down are in. We have our team investigating. Sorry for the inconvenience everyone. Web hope to have the hamsters back in the Computer Core post haste! We will update you with an ETA as soon as we can.

Hope you all have a great NYE!

~CaptainSmirk

Thanks for the info Happy New Year Everybody !
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• Options
    otisnobleotisnoble Member Posts: 1,290 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Tibble says the server operators have halted all log-ins
    Fleet Admiral Stephen
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Going to be optimistic that STO will be back up in time to celebrate the new year.

They still have 1 hour and 50 minutes to give the hamster CPR :D
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Hmmm was able to log in and now the loader is showing an 1800MB Patch. Yikes!
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    ishapza1ishapza1 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Is it my imagination or did this happen last year as well?
  • Options
    klingotklingot Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Does anyone have an approximate E.T.A, on the wakeup time of the server?
  • Options
    lesplelesple Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Hmmm was able to log in and now the loader is showing an 1800MB Patch. Yikes!

You're lucky, I got the full 10 GB patch! :eek:
    What's a signature and what does it do?
  • Options
    moofrymoofry Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It happens every holiday and expansion release due to 2 things. First is the increased load on the servers from the increased logins due to more time on the part of the players. Secondly hackers get their yuks in hacking the server at said times creating even more havoc. TRIBBLE happens. *shrugs*
    This feels like STO sometimes lol
  • Options
    nokstormnokstorm Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    the full 10gb?
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Best guess is 2015....but that's less than 2 hours away now :)
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Well, they're making progress and that's a good thing. Thanks techy people for the hard work. :)
  • Options
    tongfetongfe Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    First off, before everyone gets their knickers in a knot, I actually DO know what I am talking about since I've been a SysAdmin for almost 20 years now.

With the resources you folks have, I'm shocked this kind of issue can happen. I'm sure you rake in the dough so why don't you have redundant servers? I'm managed gaming servers before. Its not rocket science. Use EasyDNS to shift and manage your DNS and you're left with a grand total of 5 minutes of theoretical downtime.

If this is a dDoS, then why aren't you mitigating already? I'm sure your NOCs have this in place. If they don't, for a company of your size, you should be ashamed of yourselves.

Also, before the flaming begins, I may not be a 'monthly subscriber' but I just dropped money on this game buying updates. So yeah, I do have quid invested just like many of you.

Get your S#17 together folks...
  • Options
    tancrediivtancrediiv Member Posts: 728 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Server stability patches aren't.

Sorry for your hamsters. I have a nice ferret if that will help get the servers back up and running.

Happy New Year :D

Player and forumite formerly known as FEELTHETHUNDER

Expatriot Might Characters in EXILE
  • Options
    crazymike117crazymike117 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    darkdazmad wrote: »

First off get over your self your a nobody just like the rest of us. The only reason why people come back to this wonderful game (Sarcasm) is because of all the money and time they invested not because they like it. People put up with this game and hope that it gets some what fixed. Its like a abusive relationship where people just tolerate things till they can find something better.

Also the unlimited grind to get items,ships,and to play the new campaign that makes this game garbage. Even if you invest real money in to this game your spending hundreds of dollars just so you can get a ship that will be out dated in several patches.

Keep being a fan boy
  • Options
    tongfetongfe Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    First off get over your self your a nobody just like the rest of us. The only reason why people come back to this wonderful game (Sarcasm) is because of all the money and time they invested not because they like it. People put up with this game and hope that it gets some what fixed. Its like a abusive relationship where people just tolerate things till they can find something better.

Also the unlimited grind to get items,ships,and to play the new campaign that makes this game garbage. Even if you invest real money in to this game your spending hundreds of dollars just so you can get a ship that will be out dated in several patches.

Keep being a fan boy

well said...
  • Options
    hunterpdx1hunterpdx1 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Better than it was an hour ago. Could not even get the launcher to open then.

So basically they managed to divert enough hamsters to power thrusters but still no impulse or warp drive.

I have a cocktail ready and loaded here!

This...is all wrong. This is not the way it's supposed to be.

I spend too much time in Ten-Forward