What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Server Outage, December 31st

Comments

• Options
    brantregarebrantregare Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    For Gorn's sake. It is time to upgrade the hamsters. Seriously consider getting some gerbils or at least adding more gerbils to the wheels. Buncha slack-@&&^&.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    nativejoenativejoe Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I imagine this is going to be a Very lengthy Downtime. it's new years day.

They havn't even had time to give us the tribble patch for the winter event, ( which is a cripppling bug, but its fixed on tribble) And everyone is out on break.

Since they are all understandbly out on beer runs right now. I'd say go play something else for now.

I'm going to load up Skyrim and emerse myself in a exploratory environment filled with story line, instead of fuming in the forums or sitting in earth space dock for 10 hours.
  • Options
    ak255ak255 Member Posts: 317 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Logic dictates that only in STO does the server crash AFTER a stability update
  • Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Why is YouTube recommending me videos of animals doing SnuSnu?
    I am a paying member since Perpetual drew the concept art!

Thank you :D
  • Options
    tinnydancertinnydancer Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2014
    Looks like I just got lucky,.. 2nd attempt to load the launcher and subsequent attempts have failed.
    Well at least the launcher loads now. 13:17 PST
  • Options
    gameshogungameshogun Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    ak255 wrote: »

Spock? Is that j00? You're back in the primeverse? :P
    [ Home | Bio | Send me a gift! ]
    [ Blog: YOOki Chronicles ]
    [ Verify me: Keybase | OpenPGP ]

"Someone should do a story where a Horta meets a Vorta. And then they find a portal to Vorta-Vor and become immortal. Sorta." ~Christopher L. Bennett
  • Options
    captainrobbrowncaptainrobbrown Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I am a lifetime member of this and Champions online and I also spent alot on Zen, However I think after all these issues I may use this time to research a more reliable game.
  • Options
    tostrekkie7tostrekkie7 Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It's those deceitful Romul.... er, North Koreans fault!
    Hell hath no fury like a Trekkie scorned!
  • Options
    scrag0416scrag0416 Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    HA HA HA HA - I blame them....very Cardassian of them
  • Options
    quepanquepan Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited December 2014
  • Options
    kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited December 2014
    ak255 wrote: »

lolololololol

unfortunately true though :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    OK, let me just get the regular whining over with quickly:
    DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE GAME IS FINISHED, EVERYTHING IS DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    WHIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    I HATE CRAPTIC U SUCK STEALING MY MONEY I PAY U THEREFORE YOU MUST BEND OVER AND GIVE ME EVERYTHING I WANT INSTANTLY I WILL RAGEQUIT FOREVER JUST YOU WATCH!!!!!
    i want elhaci drednot wer cn i get elchai drednoht
    This is all the fault of the scamboxes! It's all a conspiracy!!! Cryptic wants us to all buy lockboxes because they're greedy moeny-grubbers who are ruled by China and this isn't how Star turok is supposed to be!!!!!
    *profanities*
    *generic rage*
    *outlandish demands
    *more rage
    There, that should do it. Now we can have some actual optimistic and sensible comments.
  • Options
    bluehamster68bluehamster68 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    You know what this means?
    It means...I have to get a life!:eek:
    "I'm convinced there's intelligent life in the universe-it's simply too intelligent to come to earth"-Arthur C. Clarke
  • Options
    tymerstotymersto Member Posts: 433 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Reports of our servers being down are in. We have our team investigating. Sorry for the inconvenience everyone. Web hope to have the hamsters back in the Computer Core post haste! We will update you with an ETA as soon as we can.

Hope you all have a great NYE!

~CaptainSmirk

Damn....
    And here I was just gonna log on to get my two Characters cycled for Q pics. Also, wasn't the Core updates to Tribbles from Hamsters???

Thank you for the time...
    STO CBT Player - 400 day+ Vet, Currently Silver
    Cryptic, would you actulaly like me to spend actual Money? It's Simple:
    • Full, Story-driven, select from start 1-50 Klingon Side
    • Scrap current Lock Box & Lobi system for something more reasonable
    • Expand Dil and Rep/Fleet Marks to regular story content
  • Options
    kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited December 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »

FILLER

There, that should do it. Now we can have some actual optimistic and sensible comments.

Ba'al is the worst story villian ever but the fans love him for it. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Great, in 2 1/2 hours it is 2015 here. Why are you doing this? :mad:
  • Options
    crowseph5crowseph5 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    For those of you who don't have it already it is here:
    http://stostatus.com/
  • Options
    djkbluedjkblue Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Sigh happy new years thats a joke right ?
  • Options
    elothoxelothox Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »

Nope, leaving almost no one there over peak play time is tantamount to going on vacation right after releasing an expansion. It's completely foolish.

If you want optimism, we might get something free out of this in consolation. :P
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,529 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    On the bright side, PWE will feel the sting for ruining our day off by losing a pile of ship sales.

As mentioned earlier, giving most staff the day off during a high usage time is not the best strategy.

Edit, in fairness to Cryptic: thanks for the free Breen carrier! It's a very nice ship and I enjoyed flying it last night.
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    kapla1755 wrote: »
    Ba'al is the worst story villian ever but the fans love him for it. :P

I do try. :D

Humor is the best way to deal with pessimism. Oh, and Hail Ba'al (tm)!

Smirk, have you considered using miniature giant space hamsters to power the servers instead of regular hamsters? You could get 47% more power out of them, according to my data! :D
  • Options
    captaingalaxy1captaingalaxy1 Member Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    This always happens lol. Well one will wait patiently whilst I do something else before getting back in my beloved STO!!
    "Omega Class will prevail she cannot be defeated!"
  • Options
    eurialoeurialo Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    end year's fireworks?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Playing STO spamming FAW is like playing chess using always the computer's suggested moves
  • Options
    nativejoenativejoe Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I'm investigating this issue. it appears EA is having issues as well:

Tim Robbins · Works at Manpower Inc.
    Can't connect for BF4
    Reply ·
    · about an hour ago

Kyle Brooker · ARK William Parker Academy
    Ea servers are down
    Reply ·
    · 2 hours ago

Melanie Mongrain · Service à la clientèle at Brault & Martineau
    Ea servers down nhl...
    Reply ·
    · 2 hours ago

And This was posted today if it has any bearing, idk if it does :P

http://money.cnn.com/2014/12/31/technology/lizard-squad-attack/

Basically it outlines lizard has begun commercializing their hacking tools and now for 3 dollars they'll DDOS attack whoever you want for 5-20gb of spam traffic

The hacking group that claims it took down the Xbox and PlayStation networks on Christmas can now help you take down any website for the low, low price of $2.99.

This could be a lengthy downtime indeed
  • Options
    runpusrunpus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Give them a break, guys. This is a hugely complex game, and servers go down from time to time. It's a holiday. They probably have contacts from several teams on call, and no doubt, they've all been activated and are working on fixing the issue now.

If they didn't charge for stuff, there would be no game, and no continuation of Star Trek canon. So get over it, and buy some ships from time to time.

In the meantime, while you wait for the servers to come back up, you could go outside or read a book.
  • Options
    gorillachopsgorillachops Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I am a lifetime member of this and Champions online and I also spent alot on Zen, However I think after all these issues I may use this time to research a more reliable game.

Congratulations on your first post! ;)

Look Smirk, why don't you take the day off? It's New year's eve for goodness sake. Go drink some whiskey and sing Old Lang Syne in Klingon or something. Tkae those hamsters home to meet the missus then feed the poor things some shortbread... anything!

I can't bear the idea of you sitting in front of a screen all alone. Not even an orion to keep you company...

Sad face here -> :(
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Y'know, after awhile it becomes funny. Like this is the Star Trek version of Gilligan's Island.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.