What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

ExtraLife Gaming Charity for Children's Hospital

Comments

• Options
    pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    OK everyone, so I checked through all the donations listed specifically as STO, and the only left are donations that were placed with no contact info.

So if you have not received your message with your items through either the email address you registered your donation with, or in your character's in-game mailbox you listed, then that means we are missing the following data from your donation.

Name:
    @handle:
    Email Address:

We will also need you to provide the following to verify which donation was yours:
    ExtraLife Profile Name:

You can reply back to this thread with this info, but if you do not feel comfy posting that publicly in the forums, you can reply back to me in a forum PM through your User CP with that needed info.

Once I get that info I can begin the hunt for where/who you are in our list of donators to get your rewards to you.

Make sure to check your email spam folders too, just in case the message is hiding there.

Thanks!
    ~CaptainSmirk
  • Options
    texan1986texan1986 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    so was this real or what i mean the link goes straight back to perfect world so it cant be a mistake
    http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff293/JRTX86/keyboard1.jpg
  • Options
    docfrederdocfreder Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Quewaun@docfreder on Dragon Server for Neverwinter

Racee@docfreder Holodeck for STO

email is Elfwizardofchaos@msn.com
    Here is the link where I made my donation and put my @handle but sadly nothing else

http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participantDonations&targetTab=donations&page=16&participantID=116007

ya sorry i forgot email a main char name

Donation Details:

Date: 10/23/2014
    Donor Name: Timothy Dixon
    Donation Amount: $50.00
  • Options
    vladculvladcul Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    texan1986 wrote: »
    so was this real or what i mean the link goes straight back to perfect world so it cant be a mistake
    http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff293/JRTX86/keyboard1.jpg

As far as I know, NO ONE who received a physical prize from the charity stream has received the promised item due to "complications with getting the items shipped out". With as much trouble and delays as there has been with getting just the digital items properly given out, I do not have much faith that these people will ever receive them.

It seems once they got the donations and positive press from supporting the Extra Life campaign, PWE and all of its employees have moved on. Any issues from following through with fulfillment of promised incentives to players from participating are meet with everything from apathy to annoyance to blaming the player (the CUSTOMER of their products and make their job possible) for any issues experienced.

Case in point. I received a code for a digital pet item in Swordsman. I did not see the message until Nov 21 and immediately tried to redeem it. I received a message stating the code was expired despite the Twitch notification saying it was valid through Nov 21. I immediately submitted a ticket concerning it and have been told multiple times now that the problem was my fault. Following the link to see the related info.

http://s910.photobucket.com/user/vladcul/media/Forum/EarlyExpired_zps7341821a.png.html
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    vladcul wrote: »
    As far as I know, NO ONE who received a physical prize from the charity stream has received the promised item due to "complications with getting the items shipped out". With as much trouble and delays as there has been with getting just the digital items properly given out, I do not have much faith that these people will ever receive them.

It seems once they got the donations and positive press from supporting the Extra Life campaign, PWE and all of its employees have moved on. Any issues from following through with fulfillment of promised incentives to players from participating are meet with everything from apathy to annoyance to blaming the player (the CUSTOMER of their products and make their job possible) for any issues experienced.

Case in point. I received a code for a digital pet item in Swordsman. I did not see the message until Nov 21 and immediately tried to redeem it. I received a message stating the code was expired despite the Twitch notification saying it was valid through Nov 21. I immediately submitted a ticket concerning it and have been told multiple times now that the problem was my fault. Following the link to see the related info.

http://s910.photobucket.com/user/vladcul/media/Forum/EarlyExpired_zps7341821a.png.html

wow that is messed up i will not be joining anymore twitch livestreams and cease buying zen
  • Options
    carkorakcarkorak Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    OK everyone, so I checked through all the donations listed specifically as STO, and the only left are donations that were placed with no contact info.

So if you have not received your message with your items through either the email address you registered your donation with, or in your character's in-game mailbox you listed, then that means we are missing the following data from your donation.

Name:
    @handle:
    Email Address:

We will also need you to provide the following to verify which donation was yours:
    ExtraLife Profile Name:

You can reply back to this thread with this info, but if you do not feel comfy posting that publicly in the forums, you can reply back to me in a forum PM through your User CP with that needed info.

Once I get that info I can begin the hunt for where/who you are in our list of donators to get your rewards to you.

Make sure to check your email spam folders too, just in case the message is hiding there.

Thanks!
    ~CaptainSmirk

ok, here is the page where mine is located
    http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participantDonations&targetTab=donations&page=15&participantID=116007
    yes i left it a bit vague but i guess thats what i get for not reading everything the right way and letting my eyes see what they wanted to see

Name:Travis Peterson
    @Handle: @Carkorak
    Email; Silence731@hotmail.com
    Extralife profile name: Travis Peterson
    My Current Projects

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?483971-The-Minotaur-War-NW-DUUY8MZZ7

Item Farm:NW-DU5W8YQA8
    Prologue:NW-DUUY8MZZ7
    Chapter 1:NW-DN3TPGR4Q
    Chapter 2:NW-DDLCTYT8Q
  • Options
    sentinel64sentinel64 Member Posts: 900 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    OK, I provided my information to you CaptainSmirk via private message. If you demand evidence then it will have to wait until I can send the receipt I received from Extra Life for my donation. :cool:

My donation was made on 26 October 2014 (Receipt No. DD000340777), so how about giving me the reward...
  • Options
    mkwnesqmkwnesq Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Here is the link to my donation -
    http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participantDonations&targetTab=donations&page=6&participantID=116007

Here is my email - mkwnesq@gmail.com
    My ExtraLife name - Mike Nolan
    My handle in game is @mkwnesq
  • Options
    varzecvarzec Member Posts: 129 Media Corps
    edited January 2015
    Still Missing my Rewards. My donation is lised on page 5 of the donation list.

Name: Tim Deffner
    Email: Tim Deffner
    Donation: $50
    Account Name @Deffdog
    Server: Holodeck (Obviously)

Thanks
    original.jpg?1521423860
  • Options
    edited January 2015

Name:
    @handle:
    Email Address:

ExtraLife Profile Name:

Thanks!
    ~CaptainSmirk

Name: Brian Mitchell
    @handle: @sentinel64
    Email Address: see my STO/PWE account

ExtraLife Profile Name:

My ExtraLife was entered under my email address and I provided more information in the private message sent to you (did you read it); I sent my donation in on 26 October which may be why my name does not appear on your roster of names. How about not ignoring me, thank you.

I found my donation right here

Brian Mitchell donated $100.00
    10/26/2014
    Boldly go to those in need
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    sentinel64 wrote: »
    Name: Brian Mitchell
    @handle: @sentinel64
    Email Address: see my STO/PWE account

ExtraLife Profile Name:

My ExtraLife was entered under my email address and I provided more information in the private message sent to you (did you read it); I sent my donation in on 26 October which may be why my name does not appear on your roster of names. How about not ignoring me, thank you.

join the club alot of people havent received their items/prizes ive been waiting for almost 2 months for the cyborg keyboard that i won and messaging someone about will get you no where ive messaged smirk numerous times about it and nothing many of us think they only did this to get good publicity
  • Options
    gurluasgurluas Member Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I also sent a PM and got nothing. It's probably just bureaucracy and paperwork.
    Still annoying that it takes so long.
  • Options
    misterperseusmisterperseus Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I'm in the same boat. I had won a real world Tribble and made a donation. I sent the contact information requested by them, on Nov 4th via my Twitch mail. Absolutely nothing since then. I've checked Twitch, Arc, STO, and Aol mail accounts, (and spam filters), everytime Smirk posts,"It's on the way, check your mail." Customer service, yeah right.

Last year I could watch Twitch with lag, but from September onwards I get only the chat, no video, no audio, and no responses to the trouble tickets I file. This stopped being fun.
  • Options
    conundrum129conundrum129 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I'm still waiting for a response to the private message I sent. I am quite willing to wait though.
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I've sent a PM a few days back. You're probably swimming in those, so no problem.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Next time this comes around I guess I will tell Cryptic/PWE that I will donate on behalf of myself since it seems when you do it for Cryptic/PWE, they get the credit and they give us nothing but lip service, no action and then total silence. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    somebobsomebob Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Nice to see that Cryptic can't even do CHARITY right, eh?

*sighs*
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    yep still waiting on the cyborg keyboard and a response from my private messages
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Same here...Still nothing.
    I want my titles :(
  • Options
    misterperseusmisterperseus Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Has anyone gotten anything yet. I've heard nothing.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Has anyone gotten anything yet. I've heard nothing.

nope still havent heard from anyone i doubt anyone will receive their rewards one guy said they did this for good pr
  • Options
    mkwnesqmkwnesq Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    What are the options for this complete failure to honor an agreement with your player base?
    Would it be possible to contact the Charity for a (god forbid) refund?
    Or is that just too Incorrect?
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    At least I can right off the donation on my income tax... and right STO Cryptic/PWE off as being two-faced when teaming up with players for charities.... :rolleyes:
  • Options
    jorumgandrjorumgandr Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I've given up, I won't get my titles, or the meager 500 zen, or the wallpapers.

I'll just remember this experience next time cryptic incentives a charity event. and will remind people of just how badly the ball dropped.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    mkwnesq wrote: »
    What are the options for this complete failure to honor an agreement with your player base?

That is too incorrect I'm afraid.
    The money is going to help children after all.
    Still, shame on Cryptic for cheating us like this.
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Nothing on my end. It's a shame. Especially considering this is a charity.
    mkwnesq wrote: »
    If you paid 50$ for 500zen, you did it wrong.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Yeah...I wish there was a way to get our stuff.
    But after all these months..

And all the silence...Yeah.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Hey all,

Smirk came through for me, so be sure to send a message on Private Messsage in forum. Just make sure your mail is not restricted in who can respond. I think that was the mistake I made and blocked any response. Give it one more try and you will be rewarded. :o
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    so we have to keep spamming his inbox thats even more unprofessional i replied multiple times to the message i got on twitch and i even pm him on the forums no response hell its been what 3 months now 1 month fine whatever i can understand going through all the messages but 3 months thats ignoring i have reached the conclusion that they used the charity event for good pr and i will never receive my cyborg keyboard
    sentinel64 wrote: »
    Hey all,

Smirk came through for me, so be sure to send a message on Private Messsage in forum. Just make sure your mail is not restricted in who can respond. I think that was the mistake I made and blocked any response. Give it one more try and you will be rewarded. :o
  • Options
    docfrederdocfreder Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    texan1986 wrote: »
    so we have to keep spamming his inbox thats even more unprofessional i replied multiple times to the message i got on twitch and i even pm him on the forums no response hell its been what 3 months now 1 month fine whatever i can understand going through all the messages but 3 months thats ignoring i have reached the conclusion that they used the charity event for good pr and i will never receive my cyborg keyboard

I'm in the same boat I mean it's just a controller not a cool keyboard but I did pm Cpt Smirk and got a response I'll wait I look at it this way what did I lose? 50$ heck no they went to a good charity. Other then that it's a little disappointing Yes it is will I do it again next year Yes yes I will so what if Cryptic was just in it for the PR Can't blame them for that right? it is a business. I'm sure Smirk and Laughingtrendy are doing what they can having worked for blizzard years ago there is only so much that can be done that low in the structure. I'll step off this box that appeared under me and Feel free to ignore everything I said just adding my 2 bits