test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Delta Rising is the BEST expansion EVER and players LOVE it

Comments

• ccarmichael07ccarmichael07 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    /facepalm

Seriously, we need more funny and less bickering in here guys!

Where in the blue moons is Voporak???

I demand you return the Voporak!

Voporak...you have FAILED this thread! (Today)

"You shoot him, I shoot you, I leave both your bodies here and go out for a late night snack.
    I'm thinking maybe pancakes." ~ John Casey
  • captainzheicaptainzhei Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    azniadeet wrote: »
    Well here's your problem.
    =====
    You seriously come into a thread that the community is emoting, detail the thing with ridiculously stiff and laughably unreasonable standards of conduct, then accuse others of being trolls.

You came here looking for trouble. You posted here to cause trouble. Whether you know it or not, you are the troll here.
    =====
    Yeah. You seem to be the only one that doesn't realize it.

You think acting like a decent human being is an unreasonable standard of conduct? You guys say things on this forum that you'd NEVER say to someone in person because you know it would get you more trouble than your satisfaction would be worth... but you believe your standard of conduct when sheltered comfortably behind a keyboard is sufficient and that any improvement on that behaviour is "ridiculous" and "unreasonable".... Really??? You've just entirely invalidated everything you have said. Entirely.

It's NOT difficult to address a grievance without resorting to the lowest common denominator.
    really...and what do you call what the devs say/do towards the players? actions of deep respect?

you reap what you sow. cryptic in general has never treated the players with respect. you can find PLENTY of those posts as well. from cheap shaming tactics, outright lies and blaming the players for their screwups...if they ever recognize that they do TRIBBLE up consistently.

players have been communicating since sto started...and have more or less been consistently ignored. the statement/meme echoed throughout this thread is more than enough proof of how the devs think they can do no wrong, that what they believe in their world is the only truth that matters.

that delta rising is the best expansion ever and the players love it...

you are someone who would be welcome in their tiny world, you attempt to defend them and point the finger of bad manners and blame at the same people they have, the players.

simple fact, if the game was running reasonably well, if the players were happy with the game this thread wouldn't be here. it's here because there is meh to extreme dissatisfaction in how the game is being run and people tired of the PR BS.

you want to talk to someone about how to act respectful, how to treat others honestly...drive to cryptic HQ and talk to them. address the problem BEHIND this symptom.

Translation: "Yes I swore at that man, but I'm not a vulgar person because he swore at me first and f*k you for accusing me."
    ==========================================
    Captaincy, Excelsior-Class U.S.S. Bianca Beauchamp NCC-99947-F

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • azniadeetazniadeet Member Posts: 1,871 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    You think acting like a decent human being is an unreasonable standard of conduct? You guys say things on this forum that you'd NEVER say to someone in person because you know it would get you more trouble than your satisfaction would be worth... but you believe your standard of conduct when sheltered comfortably behind a keyboard is sufficient and that any improvement on that behaviour is "ridiculous" and "unreasonable".... Really??? You've just entirely invalidated everything you have said. Entirely.

I don't think you've spent much time in the real world: cause, if you think the behavior here is not 'decent', then I don't recommend it. I'd say you've lived a sheltered life, but I don't think that's it...

Because if you were half as critical and indecent to Cryptic as you are to the rest of the community here, you'd see the humor, fun, and validity in what's been done. You're clearly capable of chastising, criticizing, and insulting people from behind the comfort of your keyboard. In fact you've done it more severly and seriously than anyone here. While everyone else's are couched in good fun, yours are deficient of heart and whimsy. You have presented the most unreasonable expectations of conduct imaginable, all while sidestepping those expectations yourself.

So I guess that's lop sided decency to boot.

The conduct in this thread has been pleasant and acceptable. Until you started with the trolling.

Again, opportunity for growth here. You can continue to present yourself as you have, or you can change for the better. I really don't think you've got much to be proud of here. I'm gonna let you decide, because it's either going to be more of the same or were done.

I am comfortable letting this die here.
  • oscartgrouchoscartgrouch Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Everything is so dang awesome the possums are jealous
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Come join us on the fun side of the island! :)

And here it is, especially for the angry person. :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • captainzheicaptainzhei Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I don't think you've spent much time in the real world: cause, if you think the behavior here is not 'decent', then I don't recommend it. I'd say you've lived a sheltered life, but I don't think that's it...

Because if you were half as critical and indecent to Cryptic as you are to the rest of the community here, you'd see the humor, fun, and validity in what's been done. You're clearly capable of chastising, criticizing, and insulting people from behind the comfort of your keyboard. In fact you've done it more severly and seriously than anyone here. While everyone else's are couched in good fun, yours are deficient of heart and whimsy. You have presented the most unreasonable expectations of conduct imaginable, all while sidestepping those expectations yourself.

So I guess that's lop sided decency to boot.

The conduct in this thread has been pleasant and acceptable. Until you started with the trolling.

I don't take pleasure in mockery, so that makes me sheltered. Okay. I don't even know where to start with that. Though I do think it's adorable that the community-at-large feels it's fair to trash the devs but don't feel that they themselves deserve criticism for their behaviour.

If you want to consider my responses to be devoid of whimsy and feel insulted by the way I reject both your derision and your justification, then that's fine. That's criticism, and I can't fault you for wanting to voice it.

But that implies I have just as much a right to be critical. I haven't urged anyone here to stop doing what they're doing. But I do feel that it's not done with nearly the level of good spirits that you claim.

ADDENDUM: How do you define "change for the better"? What exactly do you think makes you qualified to tell anyone to do that?
    ==========================================
    Captaincy, Excelsior-Class U.S.S. Bianca Beauchamp NCC-99947-F

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2014

"You shoot him, I shoot you, I leave both your bodies here and go out for a late night snack.
    edited December 2014
    edited December 2014
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Ok, I had to add 1 more for today but, this is my last one I swear!

For today anyways!

http://i1250.photobucket.com/albums/hh527/technotranceism/Wheeloffortune_zpsf4679fd6.jpg
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• prierinprierin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    FINE!.... one more....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will forever be missed and never forgotten.
    edited December 2014
  • prophecythirteenprophecythirteen Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I Liked:

The actors voices being in the DR expansion.
    The cats.
    The idea of the new clothes (Still waiting for the Ocampan ones, remember those? They were advertised).
    The new ships and the Intel abilities (Still wondering how we use the 3rd and 4th skills when most ships only support 2 Intel abilities.)

Do Not Like:

Having half of my fleet stop playing because we cannot play together.
    Entering an stf that I am geared for and so is most of my team but 25 seconds in POP you failed the objective heres 10 marks and a 30 minute cd.
    Having no communication at all from any one in charge.
    Every time I launch the game its a wave of "Remember how much fun this used to be? Remember when the whole fleet got together to kick TRIBBLE.... but now we can't because most won't buy the T6 ships while the rest just don't log in... I'll just check my mail and put some TRIBBLE on the exchange then close it for the day."
    Everything is white-washed with happy feel good shallow TRIBBLE and oh hey its a magic weekend for this TRIBBLE come get it to keep our numbers up so we can stay in deludinoid land.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2s9fq4WJJ1qjwois.jpg
    giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
  • djxprimedjxprime Member Posts: 522 Arc User
    edited December 2014
  • kristaswiftkristaswift Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    djxprime wrote: »

Was craking out and falling off my chair :D
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited December 2014

i miss that show and good one too :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Where in the blue moons is Voporak???

I demand you return the Voporak!

Voporak...you have FAILED this thread! (Today)

Voporak.......YOU'RE FIRED!!! :mad: :eek: :D :P
    HQroeLu.jpg
    edited December 2014
    shpoks wrote: »
    voporak.......you're Fired!!! :mad: :eek: :d :p

Lololol!!!! :)

• thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited December 2014

It's the cycle of Nerf ...
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
    edited December 2014

edited December 2014
    daan2006 wrote: »
    i miss that show and good one too :)

I'm just glad someone else remembers it! That was one of my favorites!
    edited December 2014
    I'm just glad someone else remembers it! That was one of my favorites!

I see Homey and rasie you Bill!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I picked a hell of a day to quit image manipulation.
    edited December 2014
    coupaholic wrote: »
    I picked a hell of a day to quit image manipulation.

It reminds me of that time you flew over Bella Grande...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I'm surprised some of you have not used this guy yet for this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoYWdHe4tQ4
    GwaoHAD.png
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Here's a couple variations on a theme...

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2il2254&s=8#.VJEdtLItFes

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=125gtco&s=8#.VJEeNLItFet

...though it references the source material making it potentially incomprehensible. I suppose that too fits the theme. ;)
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Go home Mr. Lahey, you're drunk!

http://imageshack.com/a/img905/4549/MbO1x2.png

I'll see your Mr. Lahey and raise you a Grandpa Jack McGee...

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=6pmeyf&s=8#.VJEkrrItFes

...Pork and Beans!
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
This discussion has been closed.