What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Q's Winter Wonderland Event Returns!

Comments

• Options
    captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    You only get the discount on a ship you have completed this year. If you have slotted a project for a ship today, completed it, then slotted the same on on another character and didn't get the discount. Then that would go against what they have stated. Ship project completions from last years event or previous years do not count from my understanding.

No, they do. I had the rewards from last year and the year before, and I was able to do projects to get both for 40 tokens.

I've no idea why they're bugged for some people, but mine work fine.

I hadn't unpacked my Raider on any character, but had unpacked a Cruiser on one of them - but another character has an unpacked Cruiser in his bank.

It seems unlikely, but could it be that it only works if you have the unpacked ship in your inventory somewhere?

-K
  • Options
    vorga113vorga113 Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Very strange.
    Having got both of the previous Breen ships on one toon and just the Chell on a second all of which have been upgraded to T5-U
    The 1st toon has the Raider project for 40 photos but the Chell for 1000
    Every other toon only have the 1000 photo projects available.
  • Options
    robdmcrobdmc Member Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Q wrote: »
    We hope you enjoy my Winter Wonderland dear mortals!

Why yes I do enjoy your Winter Wonderland. However...

Looks like we are not the only mortals and that you are not as Omnipotent as originally thought.

http://youtu.be/auLnYa33PAA
  • Options
    cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,524 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    robdmc wrote: »

Looks like we are not the only mortals and that you are not as Omnipotent as originally thought.

What weapon was that? That looks fun! :D
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • Options
    f9thretxcf9thretxc Member Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Ok, where in the world does this start at? I ran around ESD, and the academy, and never could find Q to start this. what am I missing?
    My mother always told me to walk away from a fight, The Marines taught me how.
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2014
    f9thretxc wrote: »
    Ok, where in the world does this start at? I ran around ESD, and the academy, and never could find Q to start this. what am I missing?

Q is on his 'throne' right in the middle of the plaza on ESD in front of the exchange. He's pretty hard to miss. :P
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Can somebody please be so kind to tell me whether or not the winter jackets are only wearable in the wonderland? Similar to the beachwear in Risa? Or wear anywhere?
  • Options
    smeeinn1tsmeeinn1t Member Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Can somebody please be so kind to tell me whether or not the winter jackets are only wearable in the wonderland? Similar to the beachwear in Risa? Or wear anywhere?

Wearable anywhere.
    V9BQ6SM.gif
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." — Lazarus Long --->Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    kidfoxjrkidfoxjr Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I just want to say this I think it is garbage that you have to do the race just to get the stupid ship. Crypitic, perferct world or whoever either need to make the race easier to win or make to where you can earn the stuff you need through the other things in the game. This game has become way too casual player unfriendly. Until they address this problem and reply to me on this issue I am done waisting money into this game.
  • Options
    officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    kidfoxjr wrote: »
    I just want to say this I think it is garbage that you have to do the race just to get the stupid ship. Crypitic, perferct world or whoever either need to make the race easier to win or make to where you can earn the stuff you need through the other things in the game. This game has become way too casual player unfriendly. Until they address this problem and reply to me on this issue I am done waisting money into this game.

WAIT A MINUTE!!!!!

Do you have to actually WIN the race or just complete one to get the autograph picture????
    If it's win, then that ridiculously unfair, and way disproportionate to the high flying through rings on risa to get the pearls. All it had was a 5 min timer that was more than enough time and you were guaranteed a ship at event.

Do i need frostboots at the race event???
  • Options
    pigeonofclaypigeonofclay Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Yes, you actually have to win the race to get the photos, and no you don't need frosted boots.

A tip to the racers. Use the W,S,A,D keys and not the mouse. You can control your character better.
    And if you find yourself sliding off the track, double tap the movement key to roll back onto the track.
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    WAIT A MINUTE!!!!!

Do you have to actually WIN the race or just complete one to get the autograph picture????
    If it's win, then that ridiculously unfair, and way disproportionate to the high flying through rings on risa to get the pearls. All it had was a 5 min timer that was more than enough time and you were guaranteed a ship at event.

You race against an NPC opponent, *not* other players. The NPC you race against is a random creature each time and it never sprints. If you can't beat the NPC you're doing it wrong. The race is very easy.

In fact it's a solo race. Players have to wait their turn to start the race. After the countdown and a player takes off down the track another player is able to join. Even if another player who started after you gets to the finish before you, you still get your Q photos as long as you get there before your NPC opponent (each player has their own NPC to race against).

The track is pretty easy once you learn how to sprint on the straight ways and be careful on the turns and get a hang of moving on the ice.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Oh, and one other tip.

CHEAT!

The timer allows the player to actually start before the buzzer goes off (at something like 1). So just hold down the W key and start as soon as you unfreeze. You get a head start on your opponent that way.

Hope that helps.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Oh, and one other tip.

CHEAT!

The timer allows the player to actually start before the buzzer goes off (at something like 3). So just hold down the W key and start as soon as you unfreeze. You get a head start on your opponent that way.

Hope that helps.

If I remember right from last year it's random for that to happen and doesn't happen very often. Not sure about this year yet. Haven't logged into the game.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    If I remember right from last year it's random for that to happen and doesn't happen very often. Not sure about this year yet. Haven't logged into the game.

Seems to happen every time for me. I'll check again later tonight to make sure.

PS> Just checked, and it does work, except... I messed up my numbering and it should be "1" when you can start.

Was thinking 1, 2, 3 instead of 3, 2, 1... Well, you can get a slight head start like this.
  • Options
    majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    robdmc wrote: »

Heh, does using the kill target command while in god mode in the foundry preview mode really count?
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
  • Options
    phantrosityphantrosity Member Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Q

WAT R U DOIN

Q

STAHP

LfKInEB.png
  • Options
    QQ Member Posts: 252
    edited December 2014
    Greetings again dear mortals,

My good friends, the Cryptic Devs are hard at work to reproduce and distinguish the various bugs that have been reported by your faithful players, and we have an update for you located in our Gameplay Bug Report section.

Make sure to click this link to find out the latest info about these issues, and keep your eyes out for updates about incoming fixes as the team is able to correct them.

Thank you again for bringing these to our attention and for logging in to try our the events!

Best of luck against my newest creation, the ice Borg!

Q
  • Options
    thend420thend420 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    **** you, **** your **** game. **** your selves for making such stupid pointless bull****.

Worst MMO ever
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    thend420 wrote: »
    Love you, love your cool game. kiss your selves for making such awesome cool bullhorns.

Best MMO ever

Fixed that for you. :P
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    ?nevermind?
  • Options
    pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Fixed that for you. :P

Oh jeez Monkeybone :)

• Options
    exarch1701exarch1701 Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Just one more grind for the mindless droves to throw money at. Anything for a buck, huh PWE? I just hope you have the decency to wipe the nut off their backs when youre done having your way with them.
  • Options
    nightmarechi1dnightmarechi1d Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    thend420 wrote: »
    **** you, **** your **** game. **** your selves for making such stupid pointless bull****.

Worst MMO ever
    exarch1701 wrote: »
    Just one more grind for the mindless droves to throw money at. Anything for a buck, huh PWE? I just hope you have the decency to wipe the nut off their backs when youre done having your way with them.

Yeah Cryptic! How dare you release an awesome brand new shiny T6 ship for us for free? Jesus, you just released the T6 ships for the first time and now we get one for just playing the game for 5 minutes a day?!?!?!? How dare you???? I for one don't have 5 minutes to play, which is why I'm playing an MMO. What do you think this is, Farmville where you need to login and play for hours to get anywhere? This grind is insane. Trying to extort money from players to get your free ship isn't fair at all! Everything in this game should be free for everyone at all times!
    edited December 2014
    deokkent wrote: »
    I've unlocked the breen chell but I'm not seeing the shorter version on alts.. In fact, 2 of my toons are still requesting 1000 q pictures. Maybe I missed something?
    We are also aware that some characters may not be receiving the discount they have earned for the previous years' Breen ships. A fix for that issue is incoming.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1318491
    edited December 2014
    Looks like the Cryo Warp Core needs 10 Tides of Ice runs to be able to purchase. :( They can keep it! It seems that Tides of Ice only runs on the hour. I have better things to do than to bother with events with such ridiculous time gates.

It wasnt said in the blog it would take 10 runs of tide of ice it said at least once but everything is radomised there is snowman snowball fight when there should be tide of ice which is meant to run every 30 mins the race only seems to run twice. And the expense of the sing and warp core has dampened my enthusiasm to get it

Like last year I may just get the ship and say ciao again
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    WAIT A MINUTE!!!!!

Yeah you have to win but the race is so easy you can do it blindfolded
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.